• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo

As someone who has the Sonos setup, it's really friggin nice. Worth it for me, because running wires through my condo (built in the mid 1980s) would cost a fortune.

Same. I've got no motivation to tear into the walls to wire up a sound system.

squicken

CZC4QzUWAAAXVZO.png:large

Line_HTX

Grover, I have to ask, what's up with Bank of America Stadium playing blasting stuff seemingly after every play?

Not that I have a problem with it. I like their song choice for opponent's offensive holding, :jnc

people will laugh, but based on last year (and last year alone!), gabbert makes his reads quicker. still, i'd prefer chip give kap a chance. ceiling would be much higher with kap in any offense! he just needs a coach who knows what he is doing and he didn't have that last year
I think Gabbo has a higher ceiling, he can scramble a bit and has a way better deep ball, plus he actually got the play off in time.

Watching Kap on every snap praying he gets the play off is an adventure everytime, so much fun.

MRSA

Banned
Same. I've got no motivation to tear into the walls to wire up a sound system.

I'm getting the sub and a pair of Play:1s, just waiting on the next F&F event, or getting my friends at Sonos to buy it for me.

I got something called a bridge that my friend says is a gimmick that Sonos gave to me for free. I guess it creates its own proprietary wifi network, I can see it being useful if you live in a condo or apartment setting.

bionic77

This winter has been so mild that I was not ready for this cold.

Supposed to get real ass snow this weekend too. Also not ready for that. It was like 70 on xmas eve. This warm weather has me all soft like some bitchass from California.

What I'm saying is that I don't think we'll have the money for Thurmond, let alone Weddle/Berry. If we make smart cuts/restructures, we're looking at roughly $35M in cap. Starting players going to FA include Curry, Thornton, Carroll, Thurmond, Bradford, and then depth/ST players (Biggers, Ajirotutu, etc). And we should lock up Cox now. Bradford, if signed, is probably gonna take half of that cap. We can probably let Carroll walk, but we have potentially Cox, Curry, and Thornton to sign before we look at safety. And even if we let one of Curry or Thornton go, it becomes tight. And this is before using FA to bring in any outside talent like better Guards or WR. I hope we can bring back Thurmond honestly but I just don't know how it'll all add up

Based on 150 million cap number, Eagles sit at 13 million in free space right now.

Post June 1st cuts:

Jason Peters - 8 million could be saved here with only a million in dead money. I know you don't want to, but age/health needs to be a consideration. Restructure also possible.

Riley Cooper- 4.5 million in cap savings, 800k dead money. Easy cut.

Brent Celek - 5 million in cap savings. No dead money. You already have his replacement on the roster. Easy cut.

Demeco Ryan's - Last year of his deal. 3.5 million saved. 1 million in dead money.

So yeah, that's about 34 million. Shave off about 6-7 million for your rookie draft class signings and there you have it. That's if you make those cuts.

Line_HTX

They should not go after Bradford. Still have Yates, Savage, and Weeden to deal with plus who is available late in the 1st round of the draft.

I want to extend an olive branch to all of GAF and say that you may join our side and we will not chide you for being a lifelong.

This offer does not expire, but if you want to relish in the wins as they happen your time is limited!
Join the Sepp Blatters of football? When is America going to step in and fix this corrupt sport?

Talon

They should not go after Bradford. Still have Yates, Savage, and Weeden to deal with plus who is available late in the 1st round of the draft.
The Texans should rest because they have Doug Flutie, Brady Quinn, and Kurt Kittner on the roster.

MechDX

This post makes my head hurt.

I love TJ but he gone. Place him in a glass case with "In case of Bengals game break glass". Weeden? as a back up maybe?

Texans QB's going into spring OTA's, IMO of course: Savage, Weeden, free agent vet, 1st round draft pick

Huh, you don't say. Is Bill Lazor any good?

My Phins bros Chris and TDR say he is the best! Dalton should be proud to have him

Based on 150 million cap number, Eagles sit at 13 million in free space right now.

Post June 1st cuts:

Jason Peters - 8 million could be saved here with only a million in dead money. I know you don't want to, but age/health needs to be a consideration. Restructure also possible.

Brent Celek - 5 million in cap savings. No dead money. You already have his replacement on the roster. Easy cut.

Demeco Ryan's - Last year of his deal. 3.5 million saved. 1 million in dead money.

So yeah, that's about 34 million. Shave off about 6-7 million for your rookie draft class signings and there you have it. That's if you make those cuts.
Brent Celek, University of Cincinnati product, I'd love to see him a Bengal.

squicken

Matt Barrows had an interview with Greg Cosell on Chip. Cosell does a lot of work for the Eagles' website, and lives in the Philly area

Is Colin Kaepernick a good fit for Chip Kelly?

GC: Yes and No. Because ultimately in the NFL your quarterback still has to be able to make different kinds of throws and make quick decisions and throw it accurately. Those are not Colin Kaepernick's strengths. ... The one thing I can tell you, every time Chip Kelly talked about quarterbacks in Philadelphia, he used the same phrase, "repetitive accuracy." He said that a thousand times in Philadelphia. Now unless he was just applying it to Philly because he didn't have a quarterback who could run and he was just being practical, no one can answer that. But if he truly believes that, you've kind of answered your own question.

Line_HTX

This post makes my head hurt.

I love TJ but he gone. Place him in a glass case with "In case of Bengals game break glass". Weeden? as a back up maybe?

Texans QB's going into spring OTA's, IMO of course: Savage, Weeden, free agent vet, 1st round draft pick

Hmm... Who are all the veteran QB's that will be free agents this offseaason? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that's going to be an immediate help. Now that this season is finally over, the real deal of stepping up and not going backwards again cannot be stressed enough. I believe in O'Brien potatoes, lol.

Nice avatar you got. Looks nice on ya.

Slo

I'm getting the sub and a pair of Play:1s, just waiting on the next F&F event, or getting my friends at Sonos to buy it for me.

I got something called a bridge that my friend says is a gimmick that Sonos gave to me for free. I guess it creates its own proprietary wifi network, I can see it being useful if you live in a condo or apartment setting.

I was wondering what the bridge was for. I've got a pretty high end router, so I think I think I'll be okay.

I think Gabbo has a higher ceiling, he can scramble a bit and has a way better deep ball, plus he actually got the play off in time.

Watching Kap on every snap praying he gets the play off is an adventure everytime, so much fun.

i will 1000% guarantee kap (nor any of our QB's) will have an issue "getting the snap off" in chip kellys offense. infact, in kaps few games last season, this was one of the only positives: we didn't have as many delay of game penalties and weren't having to use timeouts as much. the reason is that under harbs offense, the QB's were taught to wait as long as possible to get the defense to declare and then use that information

Hindl

Post June 1st cuts:

Thanks for getting the numbers yeah that's about every cut that's being thrown around, with a hopeful restructure for Peters. And the cap increase should roughly offset the rookie salaries. I'd hate to cut Celek because he was my favorite Eagle for a while. He isn't a dominant TE, but was always dependable. People are also saying Sproles could be cut to add more money, but he's too damn valuable and versatile. We need to keep him till he starts showing wear and tear, but he's just ageless

bionic77

Any of you have a Wii U.

How is rhe virtual console on it? What about DS games? Does it play on the tv and pad at the same time?

KingBroly

Banned
Any of you have a Wii U.

How is rhe virtual console on it? What about DS games? Does it play on the tv and pad at the same time?

It gives you various options to play with. Both on TV, both on the gamepad, one on each, etc. Save states, customizable controls; screen smoothing on GBA games. They just released Metroid Zero Mission in NA finally.

Pepiope

Post June 1st cuts:

Jason Peters, Riley Cooper, and Demeco can all gtfo.

Celek stays.

bionic77

It gives you various options to play with. Both on TV, both on the gamepad, one on each, etc. Save states, customizable controls; screen smoothing on GBA games. They just released Metroid Zero Mission in NA finally.
Does it have Chrono?

And what is it like playing handheld games on it?

Also fuck JR Smith. I don't mind the Cavs but I hate that thug.

effzee

Jason Peters, Riley Cooper, and Demeco can all gtfo.

Celek stays.

Celek has to go far more than Peters. Trey Burton and Ertz are quality TEs.

If they move Peters, they have to slide Lane over to LT and then draft a replacement out of need.

I'd rather keep Peters, draft guards, and stabilize the link. Otherwise you are potentially looking at 3 new players on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom