• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Maybe Doug Pederson connection will help Eagles land some quality FAs.

Eric Berry would sexcellent in Eagles green.

I also hope they make a play for Alshon Jeffries if Bradford is back. Perfect WR to complement Jordan Mathews and Nelson Agholor.

effzee

Some Philly beat reporters tweeting Jim Schwartz a strong possibility to be Eagles DC.

First move I'd be really behind.

Saw the edit, Coates looks so much bigger body wise. Fooled me too.

Wiki had them listed at 211 and 212 lbs.

I think that whole offense is going to be great, if healthy. QB is good, OL is good, WRs are all pretty good with different characteristics. Even Jesse James was involved yesterday. I thought Haley called a decent game too. They'll be great next year, I have no doubt about.

Yeah, they have the potential to be VERY dangerous next year.

Funny you mentioned Jesse James..I know he's young, but the Steelers really need to work him into the passing offense more next year. Heath Miller is toast. All season defenders have been beating him to his blocks and what little speed he had is long gone.

In the Bronco game Ben had Bryant set up for a huge screen but it got blown up in the backfield since Heath was 3 steps from his block.

Dragon

Banned
Yeah, they have the potential to be VERY dangerous next year.

Funny you mentioned Jesse James..I know he's young, but the Steelers really need to work him into the passing offense more next year. Heath is toast. All season defenders have been beating him to his blocks and what little speed he had is long gone.

Heath definitely looked awful in the game yesterday. Plus Jesse James has a great name.

squicken

e: Glen Frey noooooooooo :(
Bad week for Eagles fans

Some Philly beat reporters tweeting Jim Schwartz a strong possibility to be Eagles DC.

First move I'd be really behind.

That'd be a good hire.

Jeremy Maclin ‏@jmac___19
Excited for Doug...Philly is getting someone who understands everything that factors into it all not just X's and O's....good luck Doug!
To me, this is more flattering for Chip than Pederson. The number of smart offensive coaches is far smaller than the number of guys who will take $5m a year to be nice to Howie

Revolver

Titans: Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 24m24 minutes ago
Source tells @NFLonFOX that Russ Grimm & @Giants Pat Flaherty are finalists for @Titans offensive line coaching job

Paul Kuharsky
‏@PaulKuharskyNFL

During Russ Grimm's six seasons as offensive line coach for Ken Whisenhunt and the #Cardinals, Arizona allowed eighth-most sacks (240).

I think it's obvious Grimm would be the Titan thing to do. Mariota is going to be David Carr 2.0

MRSA

Banned
marshawn-lynch.jpg

Marshawn deserves better, come home Marshawn.

MechDX

Not a story, all GMs are always considering offers for any pick. Especially in a draft without a standout QB prospect.

Not bitching at you, to be clear. Just a manufactured news story ;)

I know. Tis the season though!

Just like to post the smokescreen gif because I know how much BG loves it.

Mortemis

Banned
Not that I disagree the name is dumb, but hey, it's his choice.

Good thing the kid's middle name is Sebastian, at least he can go by that.

His ego is why everyone in Carolina loves him, and why everyone outside of Carolina hates him. I enjoy his swag.

11035011933_dd5ff1654f_o.gif

naaaaah. Always been a fan of Cam. Just look at him in that gif, dude is confident and has been backing it up, can't hate.

Don't like the Cards or the Panthers, but wouldn't mind seeing Larry Fitz or Cam getting a ring. Anybody but Brady tbh.

I don't know why some people seem to be penciling in the Panthers for the Super Bowl already. As bad as Palmer looked last game, he was amazing all season and aside from Josh Norman shutting down whoever's near him, he'll have Fitzgerald, Brown, and Floyd going up against Innegan and Robert McClain. Panthers should be the favorite, but the game could easily go either way.

Just looking at personnel, not only would I think the Panthers could lose this game, but I'd feel very comfortable picking them to lose by 7-13 points. The Cardinals have more talent AND they have talent that matches up very well with how the Panthers are built. They have the pass rush to overwhelm an offensive line that's punched well above their weight this year but is largely unproven on the big stage and the speed and skill to exploit our ancient secondary.

But...they haven't looked really all that good at all the last two times they've played. I honestly think Palmer's more hurt than he or the team is letting on (I've never seen him make worse throws than some of the ones he was making on Saturday night) and even on top of that, he was making absurd throw decisions that have been completely out of character for him this year. It's too early to use the c word for him, but in the two most important games of their season he played well below par.

Defensively they haven't been the same unit since Honey Badger got hurt. The Packers were able to run on them and I expect that the Panthers will be able to continue that as well.

Just looking at how the teams have been coming into our matchup with them, I was way more nervous with Seattle than I am with this Cardinals team at the moment (and I'm sure there's some aspect of psychology to that based on the previous history we have with the Seahawks that we don't with Arizona).

TL;DR: If by some miracle the Panthers manage to pull this whole thing off, the first ring should go to the Philadelphia Eagles.

MRSA

Banned
Go home Dega, leave Watt with me, I'll find him a good home.

LynchTackled.jpg

Look at that, no Seachickens around him to try and throw a block for him........smh

RANDO, DO THE RIGHT THING

effzee

To me, this is more flattering for Chip than Pederson. The number of smart offensive coaches is far smaller than the number of guys who will take $5m a year to be nice to Howie

Yup.

From indication this move is more and more about a good warm fuzzy feeling in the building rather than winning or working innovative mind looking to do things differently.

And the fact that they struck out on Gase, McAdoo, and the Coughlin shows no one wanted this job.

I'd be ecstatic had it been Gase or McAdoo with Schwartz as DC.

brentech

I was out of town for this weekend of games, but I was able to post from my phone a decent bit while watching the Packers game.

My only real thought I didn't post was as the Packers scored TD to end regulation, I had told my wife and brother than I thought the Packers should go for two. End the game right then and there, win or lose, at least do it with Rodgers on the field.

That said, I wasn't 'upset' that they didn't, as I thought the defense had played well. Real bummer to have them relapse in that moment, but such is football. That's 2 years in row the Packers get bounced from the playoffs in OT without Rodgers touching the ball. Oh well.
That's why you go for two there, in my personal opinion. No time on the clock for any response. Nut up.

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 2m2 minutes ago
Jared Allen: MRI revealed a break. He will be listed as doubtful. Won't practice Wednesday. Day by day. Gonna see if he can play through

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Is AJ coming home?

Matthew Stafford is staying home that's for goddamn sure.

I hope Megatron announces his news soon, one way or another. It's really 50/50 at this point.

In related news Darius Slay is trying to get his much deserved money. Guy is legit Top 5 CB in the NFL IMO.

Report: Darius Slay switches agents in push for long-term deal

ALLEN PARK -- Detroit Lions cornerback Darius Slay has gone from totally lost as a rookie in 2013 to pretty good in 2014 to really good in 2015. Like, second-best in the league good, according to ProFootballFocus.

Now heading into a contract year, Slay is looking to cash in with a long-term deal according to NFL Network. He's switched agents, from Eugene Parker to Drew Rosenhaus, in his pursuit of that payday.

Pay the man!

Crisco

Banned
Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 2m2 minutes ago
Jared Allen: MRI revealed a break. He will be listed as doubtful. Won't practice Wednesday. Day by day. Gonna see if he can play through

Addition by subtraction? I know he's been strong against the run but I don't see how a 33 year old DE with a broken foot helps us at this point. Forcing our coaches to play Ealy and Addison more could be a positive.

Draxal

I love, love, love my Playbar and plan on getting the sub later on. Their next product is going to be released next year called Playbase or some shit, its basically a Playbar with a built in sub, I guess you can put your TV ontop of it. Sonos is fuckin expensive as shit though, I got it for 50% off, I don't think I would pay MSRP for it though.

Technically its 3 games, I don't care if its animu I love Fire Emblem. You buy one and then you can buy the other one from Nintendo for $20, and then you download the other chapter for another $20.

Now if only Sega would announce Valkyria Chronicles Remaster for the US already.

Ayup, its three games, one were you play as japan, one were you play as Rome, and one were you play as both sides.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I think my biggest takeaway from yesterday's game in hindsight is that Martavis received the Randy Moss comparison bomb from Phil Simms.

On the Terrible Podcast, Dave Bryan compared Coates to Fitz. Physically, they're both close, but both Bryant and Coates need hand transplants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom