• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
a2f6164cf5e97318780f6a7067004dbf.jpg

MechDX

You're cold as ice.

Stop. Collaborate and listen Mech is back with a brand new addiction.

Seriously, fucker has taken every chance he can get to say it was nothing personal leaving Houston but then bad mouths the organization in a side remark. He could have left either time his contract was up but he let his uncle broker a new deal then realize a year later it was a bad deal for him. Both times the team redid his contract with when they didn't have any obligation to.

I guess O'Brien was right when he said he can only see him getting around 40 catches this past season if he stayed here and insulted him. He got 41 in Indy.

And the fucker still hasn't won a game between the Texans and Colts in Indy.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If you're wondering why I chose that picture, I typed "Taylor Swift Matthew Stafford" in Bing hoping I would get results with a picture of the two of them noticing Sweeney Tom and DX's avatars (I've known about atoms avatar)

It didn't work out, I scrolled down and decided to post that particular picture of Stafford. I had to scroll underneath that stupid Packsrs gif of him fumbling and a Cold Stone Ice Cream pic that I'm sure I've probably posted at least twice.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
J5490vw.jpg

Schwartz is in town.

Watch out, Kas

I know it's not disrespect Thursday, but it was very disrespectful of him to parade himself on our field after the Bills beat the Lions during our 11-5 season off of a field goal.

First off there should no fighting amongst Bills, Browns, Lions and Bengals fans. Second off FOH you didn't win the Super Bowl.

That being said he was the right coach at the right time after the 2008 debacle and his background is as a DC. He's going to be a solid DC wherever he goes.

MechDX

Bengals hired former Dolphins OC Bill Lazor as quarterbacks coach and former Dolphins DC Kevin Coyle as defensive backs coach.

Phins North

Cardinals, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!!!

Just got back home from Phoenix and I think my emotional state has returned to normal. What an insane game. I expect it will be replayed on NFL Network and discussed for years to come. GG, Packers GAF! The two most insane games I've been to have both been playoff matches against the Packers so I'll assume any future matches between us will be extremely entertaining. Carson Palmer gets his first playoff win, Arians his first as our HC and we are one game away from returning to the Super Bowl. Also, with a playoff win, you were officially wrong FMT, eat that crow!

As for the game itself, we largely played like shit outside of Larry Legend. I was 99 percent sure before and during the game but now 100 percent after seeing some Arians interviews that it was due to some serious jitters on Palmer's part. Several days before the game was to take place Arians commented on Palmer being over excited and needing to calm him down. The guy had a huge monkey on his back from never having won a playoff game and I fully expected him to be sloppy and make bad calls for the first half of the game. It just unfortunately went beyond the half. Arians has before stated that he lets Palmer go through the playbook for any given game and select what plays he wants to run and is comfortable with, at least to start the game. Arians commented after this one that Palmer chose all safe, short plays, far more conservative than he has all season and Arians didn't really like it but allowed it. The playoff monkey was seriously in his head, it's not the finger. I expect a complete 180 this week but I'll save the CAR matchup for later.

Kudos to the Packer D, their game plan to largely take David Johnson out of the game was a success. Thankfully, Larry shred them to pieces in his place. Larry carried us all game long and made huge play after play before the insane OT finish. Once GB tied the game, Palmer and Larry were pissed and it showed, they were ready to rock and roll. Palmer deserves more credit than I've seen him get online for his awesome escape out of the pocket but even more impressive, to see Larry across the field in less than a second. What's ironic is that while that play would have given us an easy 30 yds and been a huge play, there's pretty much zero chance it would have been the monstrous one it was if Palmer didn't get pressured to that degree and take so long to throw it off. John Brown and Floyd were supposed to draw their men deep to free up Larry but because of how long it took the play to unfold, they were far further down the field so Larry was far more open then he'd have otherwise been allow him to gain steam before encountering Packer defenders. Then it was a play for the playoff history books as he eluded 5? 6? defenders on that 75 yd juke and scramble. What a bad ass stiff arm without even looking at #42...if it wasn't a shoe in that he'd be a future HOFer before (it was) it sure as hell is now. Then the shovel play...a perfect play call that GB did not see coming at all. It was beautiful and I was so glad it was to Fitz because he deserved to punch it in and damn near single handily willed us to win.

Reffing was shite, GB got screwed on a no-call DPI against us and we got screwed on the Hail marry 4th and 20 play as Campbell was big time held, that play should never have happened. I was livid but it all worked out in the end. Man was it frustrating having Peterson's 100 yard TAINT returned thanks to Rucker being a dumb ass. What's lame is that Campbell was hit in the face the same damn way on that hail marry play.

Rodgers is a pleasure to watch and GB fans are lucky to have him. Likewise, I'm lucky to have Larry to root for. I've seen Rodgers do many amazing things on the field but to see the level of accuracy and perfect amount of power he had in those bomb throws to tie the game and off his freaking back foot too as we chased him that way to throw off his accuracy...just insane. He is too fucking good. With Jordy back and the improvement of your defense, you should have a damn good team next year that doesn't struggle as much as this season. A shame that Cobb was injured by the way but glad he's alright. Saw a tweet that he checked out of an AZ hospital last night.

Also, Peterson deserves a lot of shit for that game tie-ing TD and I know it was a blow to his pride so he'll be out for something to prove this week. That terrible play aside, he did fantastic as usual prior to it. Cobb didn't get a single catch before he was injured. Bethel however, he was completely exposed last night and that's a genuine concern going forward. At least we don't face a QB as good as Rodgers but we will face a QB quite capable of exploiting Bethel nonetheless if he doesn't get better, quick. I don't want to get down on him, he wasn't ready for this level yet and I expect him to improve next year but we don't have that luxury right now. At least CAR has the same issue. I'll save the CAR talk for the next post as this one is long enough already. One last comment here, good god Lacy is a fat fuck. I can't believe he's a RB in this league at that size though obviously he's talented. I had a nickname, tug boat but I saw someone post Feast Mode earlier and I couldn't stop laughing (it was late) so that's what I'll call him now ;P

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Aaron Nagler Verified account
‏@AaronNagler

"He can not play at the weight he did this year." McCarthy on Lacy.

Slo

What's the best order to play Fates?

Sonos is amazing, but that single speaker is $200......definitely not for poors.

So if I buy the soundbar and a couple more satellites will it simulate a 5.1 or 7.1 setup?

Not that I'm likely to do that. In all probability I'll probably just sprinkle Sonos 1s or 3s around the house, on the deck, in the garage etc and use them for entertaining.

Draxal

What's the best order to play Fates?

Sonos is amazing, but that single speaker is $200......definitely not for poors.

Birthright > Conquest > Revelations.

Imho, you'll get burnout playing all three (maybe even 2). So you could skip one of birthright or conquest in that case.

Birthright's the easy mode campaign, while Conquest is actually kinda tough (tougher than Revelations). I'm skipping directly to revelations because I don't want to play all three.

MRSA

Banned
So if I buy the soundbar and a couple more satellites will it simulate a 5.1 or 7.1 setup?

Not that I'm likely to do that. In all probability I'll probably just sprinkle Sonos 1s or 3s around the house, on the deck, in the garage etc and use them for entertaining.

5.0, the Playbar is a 3.0 system so you still need a sub. If you hold off until Christmas, I might be able to get you a 50% off F&F code.

That's the great thing about the Sonos system, you can move the speakers anywhere, watching a movie? Grab two of the Play:1s from deck and garage to make a 5.1 setup. Even better when you can play different things on different speakers from the app. I compare Sonos to the likes of Apple, shit just works and it works well, you just have to pay for it.

MRSA

Banned
Birthright > Conquest > Revelations.

Imho, you'll get burnout playing all three (maybe even 2). So you could skip one of birthright or conquest in that case.

Birthright's the easy mode campaign, while Conquest is actually kinda tough (tougher than Revelations). I'm skipping directly to revelations because I don't want to play all three.

So if I suck at videogames then I should play Birthright?

We now move on to the Conference Championship match to decide what team will crush the evil empire in the SB.

It is fitting and great that both the Cardinals and Panthers make it this far after the very special seasons they've had, especially for their respective franchises. Grover and Bowser, let us extend hands and appreciate that whoever wins, it will be a team that's never won a SB before and that's damn refreshing. If by some chance we don't make it to the SB, I'll root for you for this very reason. Also, congrats on being the one to snuff out the Chickens' chance at getting back to the big dance yet again. That would have been lame and boring.

As for the match up, I very much respect what Carolina has done and this game really could go either way but I think we match up favorably against them and I'm quite confident we'll win. As Grover I think it was said last week concerning SEA, I give it 8/10 on my confidence level for beating CAR. Our receiving core will shred their secondary as Norman can only guard one man. I expect he'll take Floyd as Larry plays out of the slot and Larry will do his thing and style all over them. I also expect John Brown to be more involved, perhaps JJ Nelson too and we will most definitely be more aggressive this game and take shots down the field. With that monkey off his back, the jitters should be largely gone and Palmer not so conservative. He'll be more relaxed and get back to the Palmer we've seen achieve so much success all season long. Conversely, the Panthers really lack talent at the WR position and that bodes well for our secondary. I think the key to defeating them is containing the run, both Stewart and Newton, make Newton try to beat us with his arm and inferior WRs. GB had some success at running but that's because when you play GB, you don't game plan for their running game, you worry about Rodgers. With CAR, you absolutely plan for the run game as they go close to 50-50 between pass and run and as great as he's been this year, he's just not as scary with his arm as Rodgers is. We are a very good run D when we put our mind to it so I think we can be successful here.

Concerns and how we could lose the game: The CAR DL is ferocious and if we struggle against them, it'll be hard to allow those receivers to exploit CAR's secondary at all. It is a legit concern for me and the other is that Newton could exploit Bethel. Bethel may just allow lesser receivers to get theirs against him with his inexperience. CAR will likely stuff the run like GB did and you never want to be one dimensional. It also could be a real struggle to contain Olsen without Honey Badger.

We really need to improve the play of our OL and win some battles in the trenches. Give David Johnson some damn running lanes but even more importantly, keep Palmer clean to let him make those big plays.The one thing that provides me some comfort is that we face STL (ahem, LA) twice a year and they have an even deadlier DL than CAR. We're accustomed to it and know how to scheme around it but at the same time, the Rams still give both us and SEA a tougher time because of it and that is why I expect a really tough game that could likely go down to the wire.

Despite my confidence, I know this game could go either way and it should be a very good game of Football. I just wish it was in Zona! Especially so I could watch it in person and while I'm tempted to travel to it, I'm hellbent on going to the SB if we'll make it so I'll throw my money that way. Any of you Panther GAF brethren going to the game? I have no hatred for your team as I do the Chickens and even have an affinity since you haven't won it all before so good luck to our teams on Sunday!

Go Cardinals! Let's return to the Super Bowl!

Draxal

So if I suck at videogames then I should play Birthright?

Pretty much, I would say Conquest is alot like having that desert stage in Valk Chronicles with that Giant Ass Tank and Selvaria and like oh shit what am I going to do ... the game, but if you beat Valk Chronicles you should be able to beat Conquest (you just can't grind unless you have the dlc.

Revelations is easier than Conquest as well too.

We now move on to the Conference Championship match to decide what team will crush the evil empire in the SB.

It is fitting and great that both the Cardinals and Panthers make it this far after the very special seasons they've had, especially for their respective franchises. Grover and Bowser, let us extend hands and appreciate that whoever wins, it will be a team that's never won a SB before and that's damn refreshing. If by some chance we don't make it to the SB, I'll root for you for this very reason. Also, congrats on being the one to snuff out the Chickens' chance at getting back to the big dance yet again. That would have been lame and boring.

As for the match up, I very much respect what Carolina has done and this game really could go either way but I think we match up favorably against them and I'm quite confident we'll win. As Grover I think it was said last week concerning SEA, I give it 8/10 on my confidence level for beating CAR. Our receiving core will shred their secondary as Norman can only guard one man. I expect he'll take Floyd as Larry plays out of the slot and Larry will do his thing and style all over them. I also expect John Brown to be more involved, perhaps JJ Nelson too and we will most definitely be more aggressive this game and take shots down the field. With that monkey off his back, the jitters should be largely gone and Palmer not so conservative. He'll be more relaxed and get back to the Palmer we've seen achieve so much success all season long. Conversely, the Panthers really lack talent at the WR position and that bodes well for our secondary. I think the key to defeating them is containing the run, both Stewart and Newton, make Newton try to beat us with his arm and inferior WRs. GB had some success at running but that's because when you play GB, you don't game plan for their running game, you worry about Rodgers. With CAR, you absolutely plan for the run game as they go close to 50-50 between pass and run and as great as he's been this year, he's just not as scary with his arm as Rodgers is. We are a very good run D when we put our mind to it so I think we can be successful here.

Concerns and how we could lose the game: The CAR DL is ferocious and if we struggle against them, it'll be hard to allow those receivers to exploit CAR's secondary at all. It is a legit concern for me and the other is that Newton could exploit Bethel. Bethel may just allow lesser receivers to get theirs against him with his inexperience. CAR will likely stuff the run like GB did and you never want to be one dimensional. It also could be a real struggle to contain Olsen without Honey Badger.

We really need to improve the play of our OL and win some battles in the trenches. Give David Johnson some damn running lanes but even more importantly, keep Palmer clean to let him make those big plays.The one thing that provides me some comfort is that we face STL (ahem, LA) twice a year and they have an even deadlier DL than CAR. We're accustomed to it and know how to scheme around it but at the same time, the Rams still give both us and SEA a tougher time because of it and that is why I expect a really tough game that could likely go down to the wire.

Despite my confidence, I know this game could go either way and it should be a very good game of Football. I just wish it was in Zona! Especially so I could watch it in person and while I'm tempted to travel to it, I'm hellbent on going to the SB if we'll make it so I'll throw my money that way. Any of you Panther GAF brethren going to the game? I have no hatred for your team as I do the Chickens and even have an affinity since you haven't won it all before so good luck to our teams on Sunday!

Go Cardinals! Let's return to the Super Bowl!

Either you or the Panthers need to pull this off, I believe in you guys!

KingBroly

Banned
Listening to the media it feels like everyone's written off Carolina already. It's like 'oh...yeah, that team...BUT LARRY FITZ AND PEY PEY AND BRADY OMG!'

Dragon

Banned
His Brother's name is Rick.

Haha that family certainly has a sense of humor. I love it.

That would be amazing. I'll wait.

As someone who has the Sonos setup, it's really friggin nice. Worth it for me, because running wires through my condo (built in the mid 1980s) would cost a fortune.

Listening to the media it feels like everyone's written off Carolina already. It's like 'oh...yeah, that team...BUT LARRY FITZ AND PEY PEY AND BRADY OMG!'

Boston writers are talking shit about the Broncos too. Obviously it's meaningless, but their job is to sell page views/newspapers so they usually have to be a bit polarizing.

MRSA

Banned
Pretty much, I would say Conquest is alot like having that desert stage in Valk Chronicles with that Giant Ass Tank and Selvaria and like oh shit what am I going to do ... the game.

I actually beat that mission pretty easily, I think I beat it before Selvaria got around to fucking shit up.

KingBroly

Banned
Boston writers are talking shit about the Broncos too. Obviously it's meaningless, but their job is to sell page views/newspapers so they usually have to be a bit polarizing.

I'm not reading/listening to local media. National media is crazy about Cards/Pats right now.

I think everyone knows a Panthers/Broncos Super Bowl would be over in 10 minutes.

Hindl

Maybe Doug Pederson connection will help Eagles land some quality FAs.

Eric Berry would sexcellent in Eagles green.

I also hope they make a play for Alshon Jeffries if Bradford is back. Perfect WR to complement Jordan Mathews and Nelson Agholor.

While I'd love either move, we don't really have the cap to throw around, and we really need to lock in some of our players. And if we don't have enough money to bring Thurmond back, I highly doubt we'll be able to snag Eric Berry. If we don't resign Bradford, things get interesting and we can start doing some of this stuff. Have to decide on that first.

Jim Schwartz is going to be the DC per Action News

http://6abc.cm/1RwDQlH

I can get behind this

cdyhybrid

We will, brother! This match is the true SB and us or CAR will make sure the force only awoke on the side of light! Hopefully the Cardinals have the pleasure as CAR already got to smite the evil SEA empire.
If you think we're the evil empire I fear the forces of good have already lost.

ampere

I want to extend an olive branch to all of GAF and say that you may join our side and we will not chide you for being a lifelong.

This offer does not expire, but if you want to relish in the wins as they happen your time is limited!

Beat the Pats, Panthers or Cardinals. Evil can't win again.

Pretty much, I would say Conquest is alot like having that desert stage in Valk Chronicles with that Giant Ass Tank and Selvaria and like oh shit what am I going to do ... the game, but if you beat Valk Chronicles you should be able to beat Conquest (you just can't grind unless you have the dlc.

That chapter gets a lot of shit, but damn I thought it was one of the best chapters in the game. It really keeps you on your toes and forces you to adapt more than any other chapter in the game.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Aaron Nagler Verified account
‏@AaronNagler

"He can not play at the weight he did this year." McCarthy on Lacy.

So what Coach McCarthy is essentially saying is that Eddie Lacy is fat. Can PackersGAF translate this for me?

Ted Thompson is such a genius.

Goddamn we're going to kick the shit out of the Packers next year in Green Bay and Detroit.

If you think we're the evil empire I fear the forces of good have already lost.
You aren't worthy of being considered the ancient evil empire. If the Pats are the Empire, you guys are The First Order ;p
Pls squall, no more pats * titles. Pls!

If we make it you have to talk about us being good and having a solid shot of taking them down! Otherwise, we'll root for the Panthers together. Also, don't know if you bothered reading that first mini novel I wrote but we finally met your condition of winning a playoff game ;p We're one of the two truly good, non-fraudulent teams of the 2015-16 season. Many wanted or at least expected the Cardinals and Panther trains to crash and burn, the teams exposed but it didn't happen! Top 2 seeds actually made it all the way through to the end of the playoffs.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Denver Weather Forecasts are rarely right this far out, but right now they're calling for a high of about 50 on Sunday. We've also been in a dry spell recently, with very little snow.

Leave it to Pats fans start the weather talk again. Current predicted weather in Denver on Sunday calls for a warmer day then today. 49 degrees.

New England weather must be terrible.

And now our weather forecast calls for a chance of flurries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom