• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

Highly doubt LeBron leaves. He really wants to win in Cleveland

Unless something really effed up happens, Warriors vs Spurs in the WCF will decide who gets the crown this year. Everything else is just an exhibition.

Every minute of that series is going to be goddamn amazing, though

Yeah it def will be. Spurs are so deep this year I think they have the edge. Pop doesn't generally play the first half of the season caring about the wins and losses and the Spurs are still dominating

The Cleve is nothing but trash, it should have never been created.

Fake edit: I take it back, I love the Cleve :/
giphy.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Damn BG what happened?

The Cleve twitter was talking all that good shit before the game, now they got kicked in they chest and they all quiet now.

MechDX

Damn BG what happened?

The Cleve twitter was talking all that good shit before the game, now they got kicked in they chest and they all quiet now.

The factory of sadness became sentient and has taken over the entire city from the ramen on store shelves to all sports teams.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The factory of sadness became sentient and has taken over the entire city from the ramen on store shelves to all sports teams.

It's just hilarious, they hate Golden State so much that they somehow think the Cavs are being disrespected by the media despite the fact everyone knows and says the Cavs are going back to the finals.

News flash Cleveland, Golden State won the championship last year and have the best record in the entire league, no shit they're being sack lathered by the media. They deserve it.

Compared to what it used to be. It's GS, SAS, and everyone else. There aren't 10-11 good teams anymore.
Ah okay.. I was like wth are you talking about ?
That makes a little more sense.

How much decades need to pass before we as a people can finally gain the monkey intelligence needed to see that this is impossible

In a world where carpenters get resurrected.. Anything is possible.

Such an awesome movie, if you haven't seen it. Clean your ass

Well, I did for the Eagles so I'll do it for the Giants as well.

overthecap.com has the Giants sitting at 118 million in cap commitments in 2016. With a conservative 150 million cap number, that puts the Giants at 32 million in free cap space.

Let's look at some possible/likely cuts or restructures coming:

Victor Cruz
- I love ya Vic, but with an almost 10 million dollar cap amount - Cruz will either be heavily restructured or outright cut. He hasn't stepped on the field in two seasons. A pay cut is likely coming. I'm betting the Giants convert a heavy portion of his salary into incentives he can reach. - Post June 1st cut savings: 8 million with 1.5 million in dead money.

Will Beatty
- The view is that Beatty will want to play LT somewhere. The Giants are moving forward with Erik Flowers at LT so Beatty has no other choice but to play RT (at which point he will be heavily overpaid). He can take a paycut to stay and play RT or he can get cut. My view is that Beatty's days as a Giant are likely numbered. Post June 1st savings: 6.7 million with 2.5 million in dead money.

Jon Beason
- Easy, easy cut. Can't stay healthy. Can't be depended on. Sorry, Jon but its time to call it a career. Cut savings: 4.5 million with 1.4 million in dead money.

Geoff Schwartz - Free agent bust. When healthy he's quite good. He's played 13 games in two seasons. Enough with injured dead weight. Post June 1st savings: 4 million with a little over 900k in dead money.

Jonathan Casillas - Journeyman linebacker at best. Missed some time with injury. Nowhere near worth the 3.1 million in cap money he's costing the team. Cut him. Post June 1st cut savings: 2.5 million with 600k in dead money.

Rashad Jennings - Great guy. A lot of heart! He'll be 31 next year and frankly he's interchangeable with any number of guys out there. Post June 1st savings: 2.2 million in savings with 500k in dead money.

John Jerry - Throw him a dumpster and be done with him. Cut savings: 1.5 million.

Marshall Newhouse
- You could argue he might be worth keeping as a back-up. You would be wrong. Bobby Hart can be a back-up RT. Cut savings: 1.3 million.

So if we move forward with most of that and I'm ignoring cutting Cruz here, the Giants are left with 54.7 million in cap space. If Cruz is cut, add another 8 million to that for a total of 62.7 million.

Dead Money for these transactions is about 7.5 million to spread into the 2017 season.

The top needs for the team:

DE
- Edge Rusher is the biggest need. Period.
DT - Another starter to take over for Cullen Jenkins who is gone in 2016 will be necessary. We need depth here as well. Bromley is developing and Hankins is a stud. Everything behind them is a joke.
S - Safety and DT are interchangeable to me in terms of need. We are getting back some young unknowns that may pan out but we need a veteran presence here that isn't shit or a real young stud (I love Jalen Ramsey but he'll be gone by 10) but this is a position we need to fill and we need a rangy Free Safety. We already have a SS in Landon Collins.
LB - At some point the middle of the field will cease being an area of pain for the Giants defense. I do not foresee us drafting one (Reese :jnc) so its likely we'll look to FA for an answer. Maybe Jerry will surprise me this year.
RT - We need one of those. Perhaps Beatty doesn't get dumped? Not likely. So we either draft one or look to FA.
WR - Odell can't do it alone. Given Reese's propensity for skill position players high - maybe the 2nd round is a place where we find one. FA is a distinct possibility. All I do know is that Reuben Randle won't be a Giant and all that's left is Dwayne Harris under contract. You hope Cruz will make it back but this year how about we actually plan for that not being the case?
G - If Schwartz is cut, we need another one of these, too. I'm betting we look at an FA option as well here. Or maybe we do keep Schwartz and hope that he doesn't break down again (David Baas all over again).
RB - If we cut Rashad, I don't think this is a huge need as we have options with Darkwa, etc. Still, we could use the type of threat that Reese hoped David Wilson would be. Yes, I love Ezekiel Elliott.:D

Yeah you can add TE to this list as well but we aren't drafting one and I get the sense this team is rolling with Donnell and Tye so I won't bother hoping.

I'll take a look at the free agency list and see who I think the Giants should target.

Beach

Feel bad for Rashad Jennings. Played for the Jags, Raiders and Giants during horrible years but he was literally the only who gave a shit game in and game out and it showed.

Going by his twitter/community relations he seems like a cool guy personally as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom