• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

BountifulCarefreeBlackpanther.gif

God the throw.......
That shit is straight out of Tecmo Bowl.

Also guyz, stop reminding the Pats fans that their team is a bunch of cheating cunts. That shit is a real downer.

Oh wait, these guys all suck. My apologies. Carry on!

Godslay

Banned
Glad we aren't playing in Foxboro. Don't have to worry about that or any excuses related to that.

I know that radios have been flaky all over the league. So it very well could happen in Denver too.

Headset problems have happened in basically every stadium. Also the league has complete control over headsets in every stadium.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ctioning-headsets-arent-unique-to-new-england

"It's a league problem. It's wherever," Panthers coach Ron Rivera said, via PFT. "It will go out right in the middle and not just [Carolina] or in New England or in San Francisco, but it could go out in a critical time."

Continuing...

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett: "That's certainly been a part of having to deal with game-day situations, throughout my career as a player and a coach."

Speaking of the Cowboys, here's Texans coach Bill O'Brien: "It happened in Dallas, it happens here, it happens wherever I've been."

Eagles coach Chip Kelly: "I've heard a lot of things on the headsets, I think there's a lot of frequency issues some places. I've heard air traffic control and a lot of different things."

First-year Jets coach Todd Bowles: "It's happened a bunch of other places. There have been times when the headsets have gone out, it wasn't New England, I can't remember the places we've had it, but we've had some of those headset problems."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...x-calls-headset-problems-absolutely-miserable

LONDON -- Among the many frustrations endured by the Bills in Sunday's 34-31 loss to the Jaguars at Wembley, at least one of those annoyances was completely unexpected.

While fans watched fill-in Buffalo quarterback EJ Manuel bury the team with three first-half turnovers that left the team in a 27-3 hole, the Bills found themselves wrestling with a second opponent: faulty headsets that stymied communication between Manuel and play-caller Greg Roman.

Asked if the in-game technical failures were an issue, coach Rex Ryan told reporters: "Yeah, that's an understatement."

"I don't get it. I don't understand it," Ryan said. "But this one was absolutely miserable. I mean, it's unacceptable is what it is."

Ryan said the issues didn't last all four quarters, "but it was a majority of the game," adding: "It was unbelievable. Had everything -- static -- you couldn't hear anything. Just, you know, a frustrating time obviously in those circumstances. That's why you saw EJ having to come and run over to get the call with Greg trying to yell it into him quite a few times."

Manuel didn't go into as much detail about the sound problems, but he cited a "dead spot out on the field" during that ugly second quarter, saying: "I wasn't hearing anything."

And of course, the original allegation by Mike Tomlin earlier in the year

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...headset-suspicion-game-vs-pittsburgh-steelers

The NFL says the New England Patriots had nothing to do with audio interference that rendered the Pittsburgh Steelers' coaching headsets useless during the first quarter on opening night Thursday.

Spokesman Michael Signora said Friday that the league believes the problem "involved no manipulation by any individual and that the Patriots had nothing to do with it."

"They told us they were on the verge of shutting it off, but then I guess they got it working," Belichick said. "I don't know, but it was a problem the whole game. We almost had to switch helmets with [Patriots quarterback Tom] Brady there at the end. Couldn't get the plays in to him. It was a problem all night."

Houston Texans coach Bill O'Brien, who worked on Belichick's staff in various capacities from 2007 to '11, said "a headset issue happens every game. It happened in Dallas [Houston's final preseason game]. It happens here [in Houston]. It happens wherever I've been."

http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/10/1...skins-how-headset-cheating-is-hurting-the-nfl

Santana Moss:

"Happens every time," Moss said after the game. "No lie. I've been in the league 12 years, I've been in plenty of games, and the home team goes, 'Oh well.' " Then he mimicked yanking an imaginary plug out of a wall.

In October of last year, Mike Martz complained to the Chicago Tribune that they have "always had that problem here for some reason", referring to headset problems after a game in Detroit. Earlier that year, Mark Sanchez had problems when his headset 'malfunctioned' during a close AFC Championship loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, via ESPN. In 2010, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had the same issue in a close loss to the Atlanta Falcons, one that cost them a spot in the playoffs.

Back to September of last year, and Jason Garrett actually accused the Jets of sabotaging the helmets, via Larry Brown Sports. "It seems to happen a lot on the road. You've just got to fight your way through that." In fact, Larry Brown has a small archive of incidents going back to 2007.

bionic77

The Broncos are an honorable team and would not resort to the cheap tricks of the Patriots. While Peyton giving himself up and then getting back unto complete a pass when everyone stopped playing looked like a cheap trick I give Manning a pass because he is old and probably HGHed out of his mind.

If Denver was as smart as me they would be plan to start Peyton and then take him out after 2 bad series (hopefully one of them results in a FG) with an injury to his shoulder. He would go out on a cart and it would disrupt the Pats for a series or two. Then Brock comes in (and the Broncos had planed this all along so he got the majority of the snaps during the week) and blows the cheaters off the field in their distracted state.

This is the path to victory Denver. Take it. Its yours!

It could be much worse

How? The Philadelphia Eagles have an accountant picking their players, and a guy at Head Coach who's main selling point is "plays well with others." Winning is a huge after thought in all this. This coming Eagles season is the first time since I got my season tickets that I havent been super depressed about not getting to use them. I really cant imagine how it could be worse.

The information is welcome but I'm sure you know by now that people like bionic have a narrative, and facts don't support their narrative.

Yeah, of course, I was just following orders:

There is something called Google.

So I googled "NFL headset problems" and it came up with about 907,000 results of coaches and players complaining about headset problems in almost every stadium.

Of course, the Pats show up in a bunch of those because Tomlin -- the only active NFL coach to have been actually fined and punished for directly interfering in games -- complains about interference leading to his teams losses.

ampere

Edit: I wonder what the odds for winning would have been by going for two at the end of regulation instead of kicking the extra point.

Wikipedia says the chance of converting a 2-pt attempt is 40-55%, and this ESPN article says:

Our latest win probability model estimates the recipient of the opening kickoff in overtime will win about 53.8 percent of the time, and setting aside ties, the kicking team will win about 46.2 percent of the time.

So I guess it comes down to how confident you are that you can get 2, since getting the ball first in OT is all up to chance. I think people generally like to postpone risk if they can... so go for the "safe" point and kick it and then try overtime has got to be a way more common decision.

Dragon

Banned
Wikipedia says the chance of converting a 2-pt attempt is 40-55%, and this ESPN article says:

Our latest win probability model estimates the recipient of the opening kickoff in overtime will win about 53.8 percent of the time, and setting aside ties, the kicking team will win about 46.2 percent of the time.

So I guess it comes down to how confident you are that you can get 2, since getting the ball first in OT is all up to chance. I think people generally like to postpone risk if they can... so go for the "safe" point and kick it and then try overtime has got to be a way more common decision.

Hmm interesting. Thanks. I know the Packers were actually really good at 2 pointers during the year in a small sample size.

Headset problems have happened in basically every stadium. Also the league has complete control over headsets in every stadium.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ctioning-headsets-arent-unique-to-new-england

Continuing...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...x-calls-headset-problems-absolutely-miserable

And of course, the original allegation by Mike Tomlin earlier in the year

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...headset-suspicion-game-vs-pittsburgh-steelers

Pats jamming headsets everywhere to make them look less suspicious.

So shady

Godslay

Banned
The Broncos are an honorable team and would not resort to the cheap tricks of the Patriots. While Peyton giving himself up and then getting back unto complete a pass when everyone stopped playing looked like a cheap trick I give Manning a pass because he is old and probably HGHed out of his mind.

If Denver was as smart as me they would be plan to start Peyton and then take him out after 2 bad series (hopefully one of them results in a FG) with an injury to his shoulder. He would go out on a cart and it would disrupt the Pats for a series or two. Then Brock comes in (and the Broncos had planed this all along so he got the majority of the snaps during the week) and blows the cheaters off the field in their distracted state.

This is the path to victory Denver. Take it. Its yours!

If it's Peyton or Brock I don't care. Like I've said before, CJ Anderson could be the QB, and if they win I'd be happy.

On a serious note, I rewatched the game last night. To be honest, Peyton looked better than my initial take on the O during the game. The drops and overthrows were killer of course, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. The YPA was Alex Smith like ~6 yards per pass, but I think that the noodle with the wind limited what risks they were willing to take. He'll have to hit deeper shots this game, or the run game has to be more effective earlier. I'm okay with him starting, just limit the TOs.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
That Broncos game was boring. There's no way Payton beats the Patriots next Sunday. Unless the Patriots have a complete meltdown, it's going to be a Patriots Superbowl this year.

Panthers have some serious weaknesses. Carolina could not convert on 3rd down at all in the second half. I think they've been exposed, Cardinals can beat em.

I think it's going to be Cardinals vs Patriots in the superbowl. Even if, by some miracle, the Panthers beat the Cardinals, I have no idea who wins against the Patriots. Going to be interesting!!!

Godslay

Banned
That Broncos game was boring. There's no way Payton beats the Patriots next Sunday. Unless the Patriots have a complete meltdown, it's going to be a Patriots Superbowl this year.

Panthers have some serious weaknesses. Carolina could not convert on 3rd down at all in the second half. I think they've been exposed, Cardinals can beat em.

I think it's going to be Cardinals vs Patriots in the superbowl. Even if, by some miracle, the Panthers beat the Cardinals, I have no idea who wins against the Patriots. Going to be interesting!!!

I think the Brancos and Payton's best shot is to score more points. If they can't do that, I think they've got about a 95% chance of losing.

bionic77

UnitedLeafyAmericanwarmblood.gif

57 yard bullet, rolling against the arm
I was talking about this after the game when you were probably driving to California and unable to post but is there anyone else in NFL history who could make those throws? Elway had the arm but not that accuracy.

And Rodgers is such a scrawny guy. The level of skill the guy has is insane. There is a cool video on how he manages to throw downfield with a lot of accuracy on the run and he needs to be in total control of his entire body, he doesn't just flick it downfield like Ben does.

Also Pats fans nice attempt to deflect but I don't think the Steelers are the only team to have publicly complained about the issue with the Pats. Though it was nicely documented on tv with our team how the issue seemed to get better every time they tried to show it to the refs.

I know in Pats land it was all just a big misunderstanding but in the real world everyone thinks you sons of bitches are cheating cunts! Get used to it!

Greg

Yeah the most amazing one is when the Patriots went to LONDON to sabotage the Bills headsets in the Bills vs. Jags game this year.

Looks like Churchill's Atlantic Charter is still going strong!
they hired people to deflate balls

you think sending an intern on vacation is a hurdle?

Should I call in to work on Sunday? I've never been a fan of brady/Manning matchups. It is usually over hyped. But if the AFC championship game...

ampere

I was talking about this after the game when you were probably driving to California and unable to post but is there anyone else in NFL history who could make those throws? Elway had the arm but not that accuracy.

Brady could make those throws years ago. Now he only looks accurate on short passes or when Gronk (with his massive reach) is the target

Panthers also at one point had a 31 point lead on the same team that just beat the Cardinals by about a million points three weeks ago let's not forget that.

Nothing was exposed about that team that we didn't already know, the coordinators just both turned into full on bitch made ass cowards with the lead in tow.

bionic77

they hired people to deflate balls

you think sending an intern on vacation is a hurdle?
I love how Pats fans still actually try and convince people that their team is not built on cheating.

What do we call Ben Roethlisberger on this forum? Every non-Steelers fans calls him a fat rapist. The fat part is not really in question by anyone, but he was never arrested, charged or convicted of rape but the mere allegation is enough to taint him in the eyes of the general public.

I have been watching sports for close to 35 years and I have never seen or heard of anyone so consistently accused of cheating as the Pats. It is accepted everywhere but in New England and they continue to try to defend because deep down it hurts them because they have doubts about the legitimacy of their team and what they have accomplished. I understand that it hurts guys, but you make fools of yourselves when you actually try and convince us that your team is not a bunch of cheating cunts. Its often better to stay quiet because the more you try and defend your filthy shitbag organization the more attention it draws to them.

Actually I take what I said back about never seeing anyone accused of cheating as often as the Pats. Lance Armstrong was accused of cheating almost as much as the Patriots were. He and his fans had some crackjack responses too. I forget how that one turned out though...

bionic77

You call yourself a football fan and you don't remember the time Brady threw a ball 60 yards in the air while running left and coming out of a spin:

scene_missing.png
I think the Pats fans are confusing reality with some deranged wet dream they had in the past. There is no excuse for that though. I know in reality that I never had a threesome with Kelly Kaposwki and Lisa Turtle.

God these guys are the absolute worst...

j-wood

I still can't believe we hired fucking Mike Mularky full time. Are you serious? The titans are currently a dumpster fire, and I'm afraid Mariota is on the verge of getting lost in coaching hell.

The ownership and front office is COMPLETELY out of touch. The GM hire is fine, but for HC we interviewed:

Mularky: Terrible win/loss record as a coach, but they were "comfortable" with him

Horton: Our DC, when our defense had a terrible 2nd half of the year. First half was decent likely because of Lebeau.

Teryl Austin: Lions DC, and apparently the rooney rule guy

Jags Assistant HC: The jags. Nothing else needs to be said

And then, they have the gall to hold a press conference and say they don't understand how fans could be disappointed in anyway with the process? Are you fucking kidding me?

"The Titans never spoke with Hue Jackson (now Cleveland’s head coach), Chip Kelly (49ers), Adam Gase (Dolphins) or Dirk Koetter (Buccaneers). They hired Mularkey despite being in position where they could have waited to talk to New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels or Carolina defensive coordinator Sean McDermott."

Enough said right there. Let that fucking sink in and then think they did their due diligence in searching for a HC. Utterly and completely out of touch.

Bowser

We were actually 3/5 on 3rd down in the 2nd half, but sure, make up all the stats you want.

I love how Pats fans still actually try and convince people that their team is not built on cheating.

What do we call Ben Roethlisberger on this forum? Every non-Steelers fans calls him a fat rapist. The fat part is not really in question by anyone, but he was never arrested, charged or convicted of rape but the mere allegation is enough to taint him in the eyes of the general public.

I have been watching sports for close to 35 years and I have never seen or heard of anyone so consistently accused of cheating as the Pats. It is accepted everywhere but in New England and they continue to try to defend because deep down it hurts them because they have doubts about the legitimacy of their team and what they have accomplished. I understand that it hurts guys, but you make fools of yourselves when you actually try and convince us that your team is not a bunch of cheating cunts. Its often better to stay quiet because the more you try and defend your filthy shitbag organization the more attention it draws to them.

Actually I take what I said back about never seeing anyone accused of cheating as often as the Pats. Lance Armstrong was accused of cheating almost as much as the Patriots were. He and his fans had some crackjack responses too. I forget how that one turned out though...

I don't doubt the legitimacy at all.

Try reading this:
http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/18/deflategate-one-year-later-tom-brady-bill-belichick

The pats are in every one's head space so much that they would rather blame their failures on a fucking phantom then address their own inadequacies. Until they stop worrying about the pats and cheating they won't be on our level.

If he's hiring a DC who runs the show on defense then he won't need to manage so much as a rookie Hac. Be excited! Cause you're stuck with him anyway lol

I so very much want to be excited but I just cant. I fucking hate that they picked a coach based on how chummy his is with players, and how non-threatening he is to the GM. These are truly the darkest of days. We have our own Jason Garrett.

Also Lurie has hired 4 coaches since taking over the Eagles, Ray Rhodes, Andy Reid, Chip, and now Pederson. 3 of the 4 were coaches with the Packers at one point in time. Maybe look to a different fucking team to grab coaches from.

Hindl

How? The Philadelphia Eagles have an accountant picking their players, and a guy at Head Coach who's main selling point is "plays well with others." Winning is a huge after thought in all this. This coming Eagles season is the first time since I got my season tickets that I havent been super depressed about not getting to use them. I really cant imagine how it could be worse.

I won't fight you on Howie, but I'm not going to throw Pederson under the bus before he coaches his first snap. Assuming Schwartz comes in, he'll probably get full control of the defense, which would leave Pederson to focus on the offense. Pederson wasn't my first choice, but until he's lost some games I'm not going to criticize him. The Howie situation sucks, but all things considered things could be a lot worse. We could retain Billy D for example. Andy wasn't beloved as the HC choice when he got the job, but he turned out to be pretty alright if you ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom