• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Let's take a trip to the way back machine. June 2015:

Andy Benoit of MMQB said:
8. I think the Panthers will come to realize (if they don’t already) that they overpaid for Cam Newton. Entering his fifth season, Newton, 26, is essentially the same player now that he was entering his second season. He’s inconsistent in his mechanics and decision-making. He plays like someone who constantly has friends in his ear telling him that he’s the greatest. What he needs is a quarterbacks coach with the mettle to jump down his throat after a repeated mistake.

9. I think you also can’t blame the Panthers for overpaying for Newton. What choice did they have? Quarterbacks are rare in the NFL, even average ones. A team that’s been to the playoffs two straight years can’t plan to let its mid-20-year-old signal-caller leave soon via free agency. The only way to prevent that is to make him one of the five highest-paid quarterbacks in the game. That’s simply what an adequate NFL quarterback costs. Newton’s contract is not a testament to Newton—it’s a testament to the price of his position. It was the same with Ryan Tannehill, who got a new deal shortly before Newton did. (And by the way, Tannehill, who has improved each year in his career, is a much better player and long-term prospect than his Carolina counterpart).

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/06/09/nfl-r...orleans-saints-bruce-arians-arizona-cardinals

lol good analysis

RBH

First mock draft from Wellington/Bucky Brooks:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/bucky-brooks/275601

Tennessee = Tunsil
Cleveland = Goff
San Diego = Stanley
Dallas = Bosa
Jacksonville = Ramsey
Atlanta = Jaylon Smith
D21uIns.gif

bionic77

Called out of work yesterday because I didn't feel like going. I actually feel like shit today.
Get on the antibiotics.

I felt like that on Friday. My job is sedentary and it felt like a chore to sit on my ass and talk on the phone and send emails all day.

Took me about 2-3 days to get over it (with the meds).

I won't fight you on Howie, but I'm not going to throw Pederson under the bus before he coaches his first snap. Assuming Schwartz comes in, he'll probably get full control of the defense, which would leave Pederson to focus on the offense. Pederson wasn't my first choice, but until he's lost some games I'm not going to criticize him. The Howie situation sucks, but all things considered things could be a lot worse. We could retain Billy D for example. Andy wasn't beloved as the HC choice when he got the job, but he turned out to be pretty alright if you ask me

Andy had Tom Modrak picking his players when he first got the job, they also had a lot of talent on the team from Ray Rhodes. Ray couldnt coach a lick, but he sure could draft defensive players. Pederson is a nothing in all this to me. He is a guy who never should have been an NFL head coach, and him being one will be looked at as a weird anomaly in a few years. He just happened to be the guy who got sucked into all this. Howie is the problem and he is the one who needs to go for things to get better. I wish Lurie could go but we know that wont happen for a very long time.

Respect

I still can't believe we hired fucking Mike Mularky full time. Are you serious? The titans are currently a dumpster fire, and I'm afraid Mariota is on the verge of getting lost in coaching hell.

The ownership and front office is COMPLETELY out of touch. The GM hire is fine, but for HC we interviewed:

Mularky: Terrible win/loss record as a coach, but they were "comfortable" with him

Horton: Our DC, when our defense had a terrible 2nd half of the year. First half was decent likely because of Lebeau.

Teryl Austin: Lions DC, and apparently the rooney rule guy

Jags Assistant HC: The jags. Nothing else needs to be said

And then, they have the gall to hold a press conference and say they don't understand how fans could be disappointed in anyway with the process? Are you fucking kidding me?

"The Titans never spoke with Hue Jackson (now Cleveland’s head coach), Chip Kelly (49ers), Adam Gase (Dolphins) or Dirk Koetter (Buccaneers). They hired Mularkey despite being in position where they could have waited to talk to New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels or Carolina defensive coordinator Sean McDermott."

Enough said right there. Let that fucking sink in and then think they did their due diligence in searching for a HC. Utterly and completely out of touch.

Yeah, I do not get hiring Mularky.

MRSA

Banned
Get on the antibiotics.

I felt like that on Friday. My job is sedentary and it felt like a chore to sit on my ass and talk on the phone and send emails all day.

Took me about 2-3 days to get over it (with the meds).

I'm back in the ER tomorrow. I'll get one of the docs to cut me a rx.

j-wood

Yeah, I do not get hiring Mularky.

Not only that, but the front office said he was a "QB whisperer" because of Matt Ryan and....Kordell Stewart. Are you fucking kidding me? Kordell Stewart?

It's like our front office hasn't watched another NFL team since the year 1995. Don't ever get me started on what they said the identity of this team will be, which is the most generic fucking answer I've ever heard, not mention is literally no different than ANY other NFL team.

"We want to be smart, physical, and team-first". That's what every fucking person says. Ugh.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Been raining the last few days off and on, but today's storm has been pretty strong.

League is gonna be disappointed if El Nino pisses all over the Super Bowl plans.

gutshot

Andy had Tom Modrak picking his players when he first got the job, they also had a lot of talent on the team from Ray Rhodes. Ray couldnt coach a lick, but he sure could draft defensive players. Pederson is a nothing in all this to me. He is a guy who never should have been an NFL head coach, and him being one will be looked at as a weird anomaly in a few years. He just happened to be the guy who got sucked into all this. Howie is the problem and he is the one who needs to go for things to get better. I wish Lurie could go but we know that wont happen for a very long time.

Remind me why Howie is the problem again? Because he couldn't get along with Chip (who, btw, seemed unable to get along with a LOT of people)?

Remind me why Howie is the problem again? Because he couldn't get along with Chip (who, btw, seemed unable to get along with a LOT of people)?

Are you serious? First who else couldnt Chip get along with? I can name other people that were forced out of the Eagles front office by Howie. Howie didnt just run off Chip, who was a really good HC, he has made it so that no serious candidate would come to the Eagles. There is a reason that the Eagles were forced to hire scraps that no other team in the league would even consider.

bionic77

Wow Gata gets one hooker all for himself?

You promising this man the life of a King!
What he does with his hooker is up to him. If he wants to share his hooker and meth with the rest of you, well that is none of my business.

I just want justice and I am prepared to buy this little boy the finest meth and hooker that a hundred dollars can buy in the shithole state known as Florida.

gutshot

Are you serious? First who else couldnt Chip get along with? I can name other people that were forced out of the Eagles front office by Howie. Howie didnt just run off Chip, who was a really good HC, he has made it so that no serious candidate would come to the Eagles. There is a reason that the Eagles were forced to hire scraps that no other team in the league would even consider.

Lurie, McCoy, DeSean, Boykin, Avant, etc. etc. etc. And those are just the folks who came out and publicly said they didn't have a good relationship with Chip.

Do you have proof that other coaches wouldn't come to the Eagles because of Howie? My guess is a lack of a QB had a lot more to do with it. But maybe I missed some type of statement from Gase or McAdoo.

Dragon

Banned
Lurie, McCoy, DeSean, Boykin, Avant, etc. etc. etc. And those are just the folks who came out and publicly said they didn't have a good relationship with Chip.

Do you have proof that other coaches wouldn't come to the Eagles because of Howie? My guess is a lack of a QB had a lot more to do with it. But maybe I missed some type of statement from Gase or McAdoo.

You're a saint for having this much patience.

spyder_ur

Sunday is going to be awesome. So glad to see another Manning-Brady game. Shame that it couldn't have been in Foxboro one last time - looks like snow will at least be on the ground here Sunday. Would kill for a Brady-Manning AFC title game in the snow in Foxboro.

After watching Manning Sunday, I'm feeling pretty confident. It wasn't just that he can't complete anything deep - even the timing patterns like crosses and screens are disrupted. Belichick has made a career designing game plans and feasting on QBs who have limitations, and Manning has a ton of them right now.

Basically, I think for the Pats not the win one of the following would have to happen: they'd have to play very poorly or a ton of weird stuff (TOs, penalties, returns, freak plays, etc) would have to happen.

I think the Pats win the November game pretty easily if Harper (at least their 3rd string PR) doesn't muff the punt (Pats up 14 with the ball with 14:00 left) or they don't call that absolutely laughable offensive PI on Gronk. That's without Edelman, not to mention Collins/Hightower and Gronk at the end of the game.

I'm a little concerned about being able to run, but moreso Denver's running game. Malcolm Brown has been a bit slow filling Wilforks shoes there, understandably. I think Hightower and Collins are going to be huge, and expect to see the Patriots blitz them a decent amount because Manning can't burn them.

I just think people forgot just how good NEs offense is with Gronk and Edelman anywhere near full strength, and they appear to be there.

I'm nervous because wacky stuff has happened at Denver in the past, but the Patriots are clearly the better team, with the better QB and coach. I like those odds.

I love how Pats fans still actually try and convince people that their team is not built on cheating.

What do we call Ben Roethlisberger on this forum? Every non-Steelers fans calls him a fat rapist. The fat part is not really in question by anyone, but he was never arrested, charged or convicted of rape but the mere allegation is enough to taint him in the eyes of the general public.

I have been watching sports for close to 35 years and I have never seen or heard of anyone so consistently accused of cheating as the Pats. It is accepted everywhere but in New England and they continue to try to defend because deep down it hurts them because they have doubts about the legitimacy of their team and what they have accomplished. I understand that it hurts guys, but you make fools of yourselves when you actually try and convince us that your team is not a bunch of cheating cunts. Its often better to stay quiet because the more you try and defend your filthy shitbag organization the more attention it draws to them.

Actually I take what I said back about never seeing anyone accused of cheating as often as the Pats. Lance Armstrong was accused of cheating almost as much as the Patriots were. He and his fans had some crackjack responses too. I forget how that one turned out though...
Actually, every allegation about the NFL and its players is true because its run by Satan himself.

Peyton = roider
Brady = vampire
Ben = raper
Aaron = sex addict
Rey Lewis = accomplice to murder
Kraft = satan
Goodell = PeeWee Herman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom