• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Surely you are partially redeemed by using 100 posts per page format...right??

lgPUJbj.gif

don't understand people mocking smith so high
guy is an elite talent but there's almost no way he plays his rookie year
teams in the top ten and middle don't have the luxury imo

Ravens basically did this with Perriman.

Except they had no idea going into the pick that he'd miss the season.

Also, the team later collapsed and could have used a 1st round wide receiver weapon.

Pepiope

Lurie, McCoy, DeSean, Boykin, Avant, etc. etc. etc. And those are just the folks who came out and publicly said they didn't have a good relationship with Chip.

Do you have proof that other coaches wouldn't come to the Eagles because of Howie? My guess is a lack of a QB had a lot more to do with it. But maybe I missed some type of statement from Gase or McAdoo.
I agree. I'm not the biggest Howie supporter, but I doubt Lurie would keep him around if he was that much of a problem.

FTF

If I was Denver, and I think Godslay would agree with me, I would all week practice like normal and have Manning as the starter...then come Sunday I'd have Brock start. It would cause chaos and totally fuck up the Pats game plan. I hope this doesn't happen because I'd rather Manning play, but it's what I would do if I was Denver.

spyder_ur

If I was Denver, and I think Godslay would agree with me, I would all week practice like normal and have Manning as the starter...then come Sunday I'd have Brock start. It would cause chaos and totally fuck up the Pats game plan. I hope this doesn't happen because I'd rather Manning play, but it's what I would do if I was Denver.

You would have your starting QB not take starting reps in practice during the lead up to your most important game of the season?

I actually think that this situation is fairly unique and might have lended itself to some sort of a split, if done correctly (I have no idea how, but I would've been open to the idea), but it's way too late for it at this point. Osweiler was destroyed by Kubiak in week 17.

Plus, the Pats have already seen Osweiler.

Furyous

Nah, you don't do that to Peyton. If they're down by more than 14 heading into the fourth or14 by the half then say Peyton has an injury and can't return. Brock has the time to study the opposing team for three quarters or a half at least at that point and should be able come off the bench to at least perform better than Peyton.

Don't worry Broncos fans because I believe in you. PLS SAVE US FROM ANOTHER CHEATRIOT SUPER BOWL GAME.

MechDX

If Kubiak is nothing else it's predictable. He doesn't change his M.O. for nothing

Dragon

Banned
Nah, you don't do that to Peyton. If they're down by more than 14 heading into the fourth or14 by the half then say Peyton has an injury and can't return. Brock has the time to study the opposing team for three quarters or a half at least at that point and should be able come off the bench to at least perform better than Peyton.

Don't worry Broncos fans because I believe in you. PLS SAVE US FROM ANOTHER CHEATRIOT SUPER BOWL GAME.

Your belief means less than a promise by a politician.

naZqhHs.gif

FTF

You would have your starting QB not take starting reps in practice during the lead up to your most important game of the season?

I actually think that this situation is fairly unique and might have lended itself to some sort of a split, if done correctly (I have no idea how, but I would've been open to the idea), but it's way too late for it at this point. Osweiler was destroyed by Kubiak in week 17.

Plus, the Pats have already seen Osweiler.

Sorry no Brock would practice/split reps, I meant more Broncos would say all week Manning is the starter, then just pull a switcheroo at the start of the game.

Lurie, McCoy, DeSean, Boykin, Avant, etc. etc. etc. And those are just the folks who came out and publicly said they didn't have a good relationship with Chip.

Do you have proof that other coaches wouldn't come to the Eagles because of Howie? My guess is a lack of a QB had a lot more to do with it. But maybe I missed some type of statement from Gase or McAdoo.

Oh a bunch of players and the idiot owner. I thought you were saying other front office guys. The Eagles have had multiple front office guys leave during Howies reign. Howie is an accountant who lucked his way into a position of power that he clearly doesnt deserve. I have no doubt that there were 9ers players that didnt like Harbs, hell I bet every HC upsets some players just by the nature of their position. As far as the Eagles not having a QB, Bradford had a very good season last year all things considered and even if the Eagles couldnt work out a long term deal for him they could always tag him.

As far as proof that coaches dont want to come here because of Howie there have been a lot of articles lately about that very thing. Here is just one:

NFL executive says Jeffrey Lurie fails to see Howie Roseman is holding the Eagles back:

CSN Philly's Reuben Frank wrote a column on Friday titled: "Coach doesn't matter until Eagles fix disastrous front office." It's a long read, but it's a good one, so go check it out. Here's one of the things that stood out the most:

"Everybody knows Howie is holding back the organization," an NFL front-office executive said earlier this week. "Everybody but one person. And that person is the only one who matters. Jeffrey Lurie. He just doesn’t see it."

Some other highlights:

The franchise’s decline directly follows Howie Roseman’s rise to power.

Roseman has been general manager since 2010, minus last year, when Chip Kelly had the power. These have been dark days, filled with coaching turnover, quarterback instability, poor to average drafts and free agency catastrophes.

And precisely zero playoff wins.

Roseman is one of the most curious people to ever work for the Eagles. His track record is spotty, but he has Lurie convinced he’s some sort of boy wonder who can do no wrong. Lurie even fired Banner, his closest friend, in order to give Roseman even more power.

I predicted a couple weeks ago that the top coaching candidates would reject the Eagles because people league-wide just don’t want to work with Roseman. And here we are two weeks later with a guy coaching the Eagles who seven years ago was a high school coach in Louisiana.

Why is this topic being revisited now? Well, for one, it appears that the Eagles botched their coaching search. The team reportedly wanted Ben McAdoo, who stayed with the Giants. They also made a second run at 69-year-old Tom Coughlin, who turned them down. The words being used by Philly media to describe the Doug Pederson hire include "fallback choice." Roseman was part of Philadelphia's coaching search, and it's been suggested before that coaches don't want to work with him. We don't necessarily know if that's the case here, but it lines up with what's already been said.

Another reason this is relevant now is because this could be Roseman's last chance to get a coaching hire right. If Pederson doesn't work out, it's hard to see how Roseman would deserve another chance to hire the head coach after him.

My feelings about Roseman aren't a secret. I wrote back in December that his continued presence in the Eagles' front office is very troubling. Everything I've heard both publicly and privately leads me to believe he's much closer to being the problem than he is to ever being the solution.

Roseman has the chance to prove his doubters wrong by bringing high level talent to Philly and helping Pederson build a winner. Based on his track record, however, there's just not a lot of optimism he can be that guy. If Roseman fails as some people expect, it's only going to make people question why he was able to stay around so long. At that point it would be more than fair to seriously question Lurie's ability as an owner. If it isn't already.

Last but not least the fact that Dragon agrees with you on something should be proof enough that you are in the wrong.

Dark is beautiful!

Except when it comes to message board backgrounds. Just looks tacky to me.

Agreed. The dark reminds me of a website from like 2003. Or an Alienware computer. Also much more difficult to mask at work.

I think New England will be prepared for this. Not just as a "Denver might do something like this" sort of thing, but also if Manning gets hurt or has a really bad start, there's always a chance he could be pulled. They also prepared for Brock earlier this year.

andthebeatgoeson

Andy had Tom Modrak picking his players when he first got the job, they also had a lot of talent on the team from Ray Rhodes. Ray couldnt coach a lick, but he sure could draft defensive players. Pederson is a nothing in all this to me. He is a guy who never should have been an NFL head coach, and him being one will be looked at as a weird anomaly in a few years. He just happened to be the guy who got sucked into all this. Howie is the problem and he is the one who needs to go for things to get better. I wish Lurie could go but we know that wont happen for a very long time.
After all of this, Lurie looks like the problem. I would have assumed Howie got the boot but it looks like he will keep rolling with him.

Lurie isn't close but he's moving in the direction of Snyder and Jerry as reasons a team isn't doing well. Not as interested in winning.

If I was Denver, and I think Godslay would agree with me, I would all week practice like normal and have Manning as the starter...then come Sunday I'd have Brock start. It would cause chaos and totally fuck up the Pats game plan.

I dunno. I'm pretttttty sure Belichick would have a plan in place for that.

After all of this, Lurie looks like the problem. I would have assumed Howie got the boot but it looks like he will keep rolling with him.

Lurie isn't close but he's moving in the direction of Snyder and Jerry as reasons a team isn't doing well. Not as interested in winning.

I totally agree about him not caring about winning. Even during the press conference to fire Chip he talks about wanting the team to be a family and stupid shit like that. How about you want the team to win Jeffery, fuck all that warm and fuzzy crap.

Brady could make those throws years ago. Now he only looks accurate on short passes or when Gronk (with his massive reach) is the target

As a Patriots fan I disavow this comment and strike it from the record.

Brady has never had that kind of mobility and the ability to throw deep, with accuracy, on the move. Rodgers flicks his wrist and can toss it 40+ yards. Even in Brady's best downfield season, 2007, he never did anything like either of those two throws... Which are two of the best throws in NFL history.

Nice to see I can skip watching the game this Sunday. Since it's a foregone conclusion in NE. That's about three hours for new activities.

From an article titled, "Manning's a memory, and Broncos are history":

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/peyton-mannings-a-memory-and-denver-broncos-are-history

NE radio/TV press are horrible. I'm actually surprised there's a negative article about the broncos. If you listen to sports talk radio around here (which you shouldn't), then it's been 19 weeks of how the Patriots are terrible and should lose every game, and how every bad throw by Brady is proof that he's done, the team is lousy, and belichick is over-rated. I used to listen to one station, 98.5 the Sports Hub, but they've realized that just going hard negative on the Patriots, Bruins, and Red Sox in every show means they get more listeners and more aggressive callers, which means more listeners.

It's brutal

The only segments I really like now are when Toucher & Rich (morning non-sports guys) usually have the radio guy from whatever city the Patriot's are playing that week and it's a good discussion.

Godslay

Banned

There is something to be said for chemistry and continuity within an offense. Manning's chemistry and timing with WRs is very important. To play musical chairs doesn't help the Broncos offense at this point, especially with Brock nursing a knee injury for about a week and half and missing practices.

If he gets hurt, or starts throwing picks, then sure bench him. Otherwise I'm okay with Manning starting again. On second watch, I actually felt he played fairly well. The timing was a little bit off, there weren't many shots down the field, and the guys dropped a ton of balls. That should get better this week, maybe aside from downfield shots, simply because it will be another week where the Manning and the WRs have readjusted to him and the ball he throws.

I'd love to throw a wrench like that, but building a gameplan is a process so to abandon all that work feels like it would be counterproductive.

effzee

I won't fight you on Howie, but I'm not going to throw Pederson under the bus before he coaches his first snap. Assuming Schwartz comes in, he'll probably get full control of the defense, which would leave Pederson to focus on the offense. Pederson wasn't my first choice, but until he's lost some games I'm not going to criticize him. The Howie situation sucks, but all things considered things could be a lot worse. We could retain Billy D for example. Andy wasn't beloved as the HC choice when he got the job, but he turned out to be pretty alright if you ask me

Andy turned out to be alright but the issue is Andy has limitations which were on full display this past weekend in the Chiefs loss to the Patriots. Same weaknesses he had year 1 and now year 17 of his coaching career.

There is a reason why after McNabb was let go and they had no answer at QB, D-coordinator, and talent overall, everything fell apart. Andy couldn't coach the talent up beyond their level. Letting Reid go was the right move for all involved.

The reason Pederson is so infuriating is not that he is a relative unknown, which you pointed out Reid was as well, its that he is directly from Reid. Not even from his tree, but basically a product of Reid in every sense of the word. So only 3 years removed from an era, successful as it may have been, that FAILED, the organization comes across scared, clueless, and almost running back to familiar shelter.

But this time, unlike with Reid, there is no plan (Reid was famous for his binder), Pederson was the 3-4th choice, and this seems more like a move to get back to comfort rather than win. Why revert back to what ultimately didn't work? They don't even have a top 5 pick in a QB friendly draft.

I didn't want Chip fired, but accepting that he was let go, the organization should move forward by bringing in new guys, ideas, and philosophies. Not basically run back to and over turn their own decision to fire Reid.

So yeah as fans all we can do is wait and see but every indication and report about this "coaching search" reeks of desperation lack of real design on where to go next.

Spinluck

Pats offense is going to with their usual death by 1000 cuts against DEN.

Chip away, and then there's a big play here and there. Now that Juls is back, they don't need to panic and push the ball downfield unless it's needed in that given situation. Plus the Pats have some good pass protection going on.

I wonder if Kubes will channel his old school time of possession approach, that ironically, he's tried against Peyton a few times back in the day.

I'd love for Tammy and the Pats to lose after those emails in the off season about PeyPey (even though it's kind of true) would be hilarious. PeyPey vs Tammy, one last time!

The real match up is Denver running game vs Pats D.

Dragon

Banned
As a Patriots fan I disavow this comment and strike it from the record.

Brady has never had that kind of mobility and the ability to throw deep, with accuracy, on the move. Rodgers flicks his wrist and can toss it 40+ yards. Even in Brady's best downfield season, 2007, he never did anything like either of those two throws... Which are two of the best throws in NFL history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUGj5qQFnnc

Brady had momentum, but he throws it almost 70 yards in the air in the SB.

effzee

Remind me why Howie is the problem again? Because he couldn't get along with Chip (who, btw, seemed unable to get along with a LOT of people)?

You serious? Please read any # of Eagles beat writers who have covered the team for 10 years plus.

Almost all recount how dysfunctional the Eagles FO has been since Roseman rose to power.

He is linked to the ousting of Banner (who was a childhood friend of Lurie), instrumental in convincing Reid to trade or let go of key players (McNabb/Dawkins- a year too early in both cases), and in-fighting in the FO which led to talented and league wide respected personnel guys to leave such as Marc Ross, Jason Licht, Louis Riddick, Tom Gamble, and now Chip and Ed.

He is also the one who according to reports, wouldn't provide scouting tapes or reports to Tom Gamble who Chip had brought over from SF (you know the FO that helped Harbaugh with his staff), so they couldn't form their decisions based on scout reports.

Roseman's inability to get along with coaches and FO personnel is pretty well documented and it pre-dates Chip.

In fact Chip is the only one who sort of made a power play and survived at first by ousting and banishing Howie to another dept in the FO. Of course Lurie, who loved Howie for some odd reason, kept Howie close enough that it came back to bite Chip.

Lurie needed to fire Howie after he fired Tom Gamble without discussing it with Chip. Chip threatened to leave and then Lurie caved into his demands. At that point you either let Chip go to retain Howie or you let Howie go to retain Chip. He kept both and it blew up in his face.

Now the Eagles coaching search seems to have netted a candidate so vanilla that he will restore the family environment Lurie wants and be the yes man Howie looks for.

EDIT: forgot to add Sean McDermott. Word is they didn't even bother to interview him cause he and Howie don't get along. Howie also recently fired his brother who worked in the Eagles marketing dept.

Line_HTX

Chip away, and then there's a big play here and there. Now that Juls is back, they don't need to panic and push the ball downfield unless it's needed in that given situation. Plus the Pats have some good pass protection going on.

I wonder if Kubes will channel his old school time of possession approach, that ironically, he's tried against Peyton a few times back in the day.

I'd love for Tammy and the Pats to lose after those emails in the off season about PeyPey (even though it's kind of true) would be hilarious. PeyPey vs Tammy, one last time!

10+ minute TD drives or RIOT.

effzee

I still can't believe we hired fucking Mike Mularky full time. Are you serious? The titans are currently a dumpster fire, and I'm afraid Mariota is on the verge of getting lost in coaching hell.

The ownership and front office is COMPLETELY out of touch. The GM hire is fine, but for HC we interviewed:

Mularky: Terrible win/loss record as a coach, but they were "comfortable" with him

Horton: Our DC, when our defense had a terrible 2nd half of the year. First half was decent likely because of Lebeau.

Teryl Austin: Lions DC, and apparently the rooney rule guy

Jags Assistant HC: The jags. Nothing else needs to be said

And then, they have the gall to hold a press conference and say they don't understand how fans could be disappointed in anyway with the process? Are you fucking kidding me?

"The Titans never spoke with Hue Jackson (now Cleveland’s head coach), Chip Kelly (49ers), Adam Gase (Dolphins) or Dirk Koetter (Buccaneers). They hired Mularkey despite being in position where they could have waited to talk to New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels or Carolina defensive coordinator Sean McDermott."

Enough said right there. Let that fucking sink in and then think they did their due diligence in searching for a HC. Utterly and completely out of touch.

It could be worse. At least you guys have a franchise QB.

Godslay

Banned
NE radio/TV press are horrible. I'm actually surprised there's a negative article about the broncos. If you listen to sports talk radio around here (which you shouldn't), then it's been 19 weeks of how the Patriots are terrible and should lose every game, and how every bad throw by Brady is proof that he's done, the team is lousy, and belichick is over-rated. I used to listen to one station, 98.5 the Sports Hub, but they've realized that just going hard negative on the Patriots, Bruins, and Red Sox in every show means they get more listeners and more aggressive callers, which means more listeners.

It's brutal

The only segments I really like now are when Toucher & Rich (morning non-sports guys) usually have the radio guy from whatever city the Patriot's are playing that week and it's a good discussion.

They must have two faces then. Everyone I've heard that has come on Denver radio to discuss the game pretty much states otherwise.

The most salient point is that they are happy they get to play Peyton instead of Ben even if they have to travel to Denver. Because he's basically a pushover.

They have a better QB than the Broncos, and with Edelman and Gronk they don't think that the Denver defense can stop them at all. Especially after playing the KC defense.

The defense is good enough to stop any run game, and supposedly gets better since Chandler Jones won't get as many snaps. Additionally Manning won't be able to hit intermediate or deeper routes.

I have yet to hear one analyst say that Denver could actually win, that is from the NE market. One guy basically said (Masseroti(sp)), if Denver was to pull off an unlikely win then he would blame it on Belichick for fucking up the game in Denver, and blowing games against Philadelphia with garbage ST and the game in Miami for not taking them seriously and coming in with a garbage gameplan. Basically saying he busted the season by giving up homefield.

Realistically, I don't care what the analyst say. They very well could be right. That's fine. The arrogance is pretty funny though, but it's how it works in NE. There's no in between. It's either heaven or hell.

effzee

I don't think Lurie is the problem in that he only cares about making more money.

He genuinely wants to win. He hit a home run with Reid and he got so comfortable and so used to that for 14 seasons, that any departure and the subsequent turbulence has sent him running scared back to Reid and plucking one of his dingleberries to coach the Eagles now.

Problem is Lurie has put his trust in the wrong person. Howie. What I really want to know is what he sees in him. He has no Football background and yet time and time again Lurie wants him to lead the team as GM.

I really don't get it. And when he fired Chip he said he made Chip GM to make him accountable for all he wanted to do. Ok fine and then you fired him. Even ignoring the Howie stuff, say Chip hung himself to dry and rightfully so got fired.

Now what? Already he won't clarify who holds the GM title (though we know its Howie) and so moving forward we won't know who the fans or media should hold accountable for the moves that don't work. Quick to blame Chip but now its back to ambiguous titles and roles which helps Howie remain unaccountable.

There wasn't anything that was really bad in that email (or text?) about Peyton though... I think Brady said Peyton has "2 years left in him" or something, which heck, based on how Peyton played this year I think that's being generous to him.

TamTam also went way out of his way to apologize to Manning over it and Manning was like, ain't nothing to apologize for.

Hindl

Andy turned out to be alright but the issue is Andy has limitations which were on full display this past weekend in the Chiefs loss to the Patriots. Same weaknesses he had year 1 and now year 17 of his coaching career.

There is a reason why after McNabb was let go and they had no answer at QB, D-coordinator, and talent overall, everything fell apart. Andy couldn't coach the talent up beyond their level. Letting Reid go was the right move for all involved.

The reason Pederson is so infuriating is not that he is a relative unknown, which you pointed out Reid was as well, its that he is directly from Reid. Not even from his tree, but basically a product of Reid in every sense of the word. So only 3 years removed from an era, successful as it may have been, that FAILED, the organization comes across scared, clueless, and almost running back to familiar shelter.

But this time, unlike with Reid, there is no plan (Reid was famous for his binder), Pederson was the 3-4th choice, and this seems more like a move to get back to comfort rather than win. Why revert back to what ultimately didn't work? They don't even have a top 5 pick in a QB friendly draft.

I didn't want Chip fired, but accepting that he was let go, the organization should move forward by bringing in new guys, ideas, and philosophies. Not basically run back to and over turn their own decision to fire Reid.

So yeah as fans all we can do is wait and see but every indication and report about this "coaching search" reeks of desperation lack of real design on where to go next.

I completely agree for the most part. It was wrong to let Chip go this early, especially without a backup plan. This search has been a disaster, and I'm very wary of Roseman and Lurie right now, and I don't have a great feeling about where we're moving. Pederson was not our top choice, and I don't have a ton of faith in him. The hire does reek of cowardice and trying to get back to the Andy years I agree with that too. We should've cleaned house but we didn't.

That being said, I'm not going to trash Pederson until he at least coaches a game. I don't have hope, but he's never been in this position. He may thrive who knows? And we have a young D with a lot of talent, and with Schwartz (potentially?) coming, that'll bolster our defense. That will allow Doug to focus on the offense. Going back to the Andy years isn't what I want, especially from a HC candidate who no one else was trying to court. But we have to work with what we got. I'll at least see how FA + the draft goes and how they decide to build the team before criticizing the move.

Jim Schwartz confirmed Eagles new DC.

Good hire. Only move I have liked so far!

Alright there's something!

gutshot

Oh a bunch of players and the idiot owner. I thought you were saying other front office guys. The Eagles have had multiple front office guys leave during Howies reign. Howie is an accountant who lucked his way into a position of power that he clearly doesnt deserve. I have no doubt that there were 9ers players that didnt like Harbs, hell I bet every HC upsets some players just by the nature of their position. As far as the Eagles not having a QB, Bradford had a very good season last year all things considered and even if the Eagles couldnt work out a long term deal for him they could always tag him.

As far as proof that coaches dont want to come here because of Howie there have been a lot of articles lately about that very thing. Here is just one:

NFL executive says Jeffrey Lurie fails to see Howie Roseman is holding the Eagles back:

Last but not least the fact that Dragon agrees with you on something should be proof enough that you are in the wrong.

That article includes exactly one quote from an unnamed NFL front office type and the rest is speculation and conjecture. I mean, look at this bullshit Rube just pulled out of his ass:

Roseman oversaw the coaching search along with Lurie and team president Don Smolenski — not a football person in sight — and it was clear early on that anybody who had ever as much as exchanged an annoyed glance with Howie just wouldn’t be contacted. It almost seemed like the No. 1 qualification was being able to co-exist with Howie.

They weren’t looking for someone who understands offense or knows defense or possesses leadership techniques or coaching experience or motivational ability.

No, a guy who could get along with Howie.

Sorry if I don't take that all that seriously.

And he tries to make the point that Roseman's rise to power coincides with the Eagles lack of playoff wins. But guess what else coincides with the Eagles lack of playoff wins? The lack of a proven QB. This is a QB driven league and without one you are always going to be "adrift" and "irrelevant". Much more so than if you have a guy in the front office who tends to ruffle people's feathers.

Eagles fans need to stop worrying so much about who is behind the desk in the GM's office and worry a lot more about who is behind center.

spyder_ur

Yeah that's pretty much what I expect too. It's incredible how much of a total lack of a running game doesn't hurt them because they are so precise on short routes. It's not ideal, but it works incredibly well.

You mention pass protection. I think have Edelman back is actually huge in that regard. No team has been able to cover both Edelman and Gronk off the line without leaving huge spaces wide open. Watching Sunday, Brady was getting the ball out quick, which really helps protection.

Will be interesting to see how much Denver blitzes.

I'm a bit nervous about Denver's running attack, but not too much. They ran for, what, 170 yards last time and the Pats had the game in control generally. They really started picking up huge chunks when Hightower went out, and Collins didn't play either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUGj5qQFnnc

Brady had momentum, but he throws it almost 70 yards in the air in the SB.

That play was so electric live.

I think Brady's deep ball issues get overblown. He's merely league average to good at it though, not great by any means. He's actually completed a few beauties this year. I think it comes down to when Brady was throwing deep to Stallworth and Moss he looked awesome, when he's throwing deep to the likes of Reche Caldwell, Amendola and Matthew Slater, not so much.

But no, obviously he can't make that play like Rodgers did. He would've spiked the ball, though. I'm willing to live with Brady's deep ball throwing if that is his greatest weakness.

Also, Rodgers is incredible.

They must have two faces then. Everyone I've heard that has come on Denver radio to discuss the game pretty much states otherwise.

The most salient point is that they are happy they get to play Peyton instead of Ben even if they have to travel to Denver. Because he's basically a pushover.

They have a better QB than the Broncos, and with Edelman and Gronk they don't think that the Denver defense can stop them at all. Especially after playing the KC defense.

The defense is good enough to stop any run game, and supposedly gets better since Chandler Jones won't get as many snaps. Additionally Manning won't be able to hit intermediate or deeper routes.

I mean, I generally agree with the bolded, except the line about Jones, unless specifically talking about run D.

I have yet to hear one analyst say that Denver could actually win, that is from the NE market. One guy basically said (Masseroti(sp)), if Denver was to pull off an unlikely win then he would blame it on Belichick for fucking up the game in Denver, and blowing games against Philadelphia with garbage ST and the game in Miami for not taking them seriously and coming in with a garbage gameplan. Basically saying he busted the season by giving up homefield.

Realistically, I don't care what the analyst say. They very well could be right. That's fine. The arrogance is pretty funny though, but it's how it works in NE. There's no in between. It's either heaven or hell.

There's plenty of in between, but Boston sports radio is a disaster generally speaking. What you say here isn't too wrong.

There's plenty of middle ground with Boston sports fans, just not on sports radio.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Anyone in Giants-GAF interested in going to London for the game? My buddy who I normally do away games once a year with is having his first baby this summer - but I really want to go to this game. All my other friends suck.

I'll buy two game tix now and figure it out later i guess

cdyhybrid

Anyone in Giants-GAF interested in going to London for the game? My buddy who I normally do away games once a year with is having his first baby this summer - but I really want to go to this game. All my other friends suck.

I'll buy two game tix now and figure it out later i guess

Maybe you can find Wes while you're there!

Respect

Hightower is the key to the pats run defense. When he went down in their first meeting, Denver started gashing NE on the ground.

Godslay

Banned
Either way, I guess I'm not sweating it.

Same thing as always, if they put it all out there and lose then I can live with that.

TheFatOne

Has nothing to do with arrogance. Boston media loves to play both sides of the fence. Every team the Pats play they shit on. If the Pats win they were right, and if the Pats lose they get to shit on the Pats for loosing to a team they should have beat. It's the same song and dance over and over again. Don't know why posters who have been around long enough even take them seriously. You should know better by now Godslay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom