• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Anyone in Giants-GAF interested in going to London for the game? My buddy who I normally do away games once a year with is having his first baby this summer - but I really want to go to this game. All my other friends suck.

I'll buy two game tix now and figure it out later i guess

Does Tabris count for this exercise?

I love how Pats fans still actually try and convince people that their team is not built on cheating.

What do we call Ben Roethlisberger on this forum? Every non-Steelers fans calls him a fat rapist. The fat part is not really in question by anyone, but he was never arrested, charged or convicted of rape but the mere allegation is enough to taint him in the eyes of the general public.

I have been watching sports for close to 35 years and I have never seen or heard of anyone so consistently accused of cheating as the Pats. It is accepted everywhere but in New England and they continue to try to defend because deep down it hurts them because they have doubts about the legitimacy of their team and what they have accomplished. I understand that it hurts guys, but you make fools of yourselves when you actually try and convince us that your team is not a bunch of cheating cunts. Its often better to stay quiet because the more you try and defend your filthy shitbag organization the more attention it draws to them.

Actually I take what I said back about never seeing anyone accused of cheating as often as the Pats. Lance Armstrong was accused of cheating almost as much as the Patriots were. He and his fans had some crackjack responses too. I forget how that one turned out though...

there's a reason people like to say the patriots cheat
1) patriots got heavily penalized for spygate
2) patriots got heavily penalized for deflategate
3) nfl fans don't like to see the same team do consistently well
4) brady / belichick is easy to hate on

spygate and deflategate were severely overblown. anyone who has done any research at all on spygate would know the patriots were made an example of

http://yourteamcheats.com/what-is-spygate (it would do you some good to click on these other teams icons by the way to see other real cheating that has gone on, especially the Jets)

i think even the people that can't wrap their head around how insignificant of an advantage spygate gave to the patriots can admit that deflate gate was another witch hunt. this is proven by the fact that the patriots offense has improved significantly since spygate, and brady proved the inflation of the balls did very little to affect his performance. you've been watching football for 35 years and besides deflategate / spygate, when have you heard anyone accuse the patriots of cheating that was backed by any kind of evidence? you kind of make yourself look like an ignorant fan when you clearly don't even know the whole story of what spygate and deflategate were about

Hunter S.

Not going to jump into mass speculation mode. I do love the fact that every Peyton Manning and Brady playoff matchup involves the home team winning every time. Thank Tebow it is a home game in 2016 again. Those three years of regular season games being all in New England was unfair, really.

They must have two faces then. Everyone I've heard that has come on Denver radio to discuss the game pretty much states otherwise.

.snip.

Realistically, I don't care what the analyst say. They very well could be right. That's fine. The arrogance is pretty funny though, but it's how it works in NE. There's no in between. It's either heaven or hell.

Mazzerotti & Mike Felger have a radio show in the afternoon and I can't stand listening to either of them only because all of their takes are hot takes and all of them are strongly anti-Patriots, or they're presenting it just like you posted.. "Denver is complete garbage, manning is done and if the Patriots lose then they're the worst team ever." Basically they're couching their arguments... If the Patriots win then "they should have won and we [hot take media geniuses] all knew they were going to win," and if the Patriots lose then it lets them create meltdown radio for the next 6 months and argue with every caller on how callers are idiots and the hosts knew all along that the Patriots were truly garbage.

I don't think that this is unique to New England... Sports media is almost always heaven or hell, or sports media people are almost always stating "this is what's going to happen" as if they have some idea of it. That's the business of sports media, saying things that make people argue with them. It's why you and I are posting on a videogame forum about Denver/NewEngland saying "eh, either team could win but I think [X] will win..." and these guys are on radio, TV, or whatever, being paid for it... They're entertainers who try to drum up attention. Boston is obviously also a much tougher media environment than Denver (just like how New York is tougher than Boston) and so for these guys to get attention for themselves and become successful, they have to be brazen, arrogant loud mouths who demand attention. It's like Mike Frascesa and Chris Mad Dog Russo in New York... they're wrong as much as they're right, but they present it in such an aggressive, arrogant, sure way and that's why they're the biggest radio sports hosts in the country, broadcasting in the biggest market.

spyder_ur

Hightower is the key to the pats run defense. When he went down in their first meeting, Denver starting gashing NE on the ground.

Bingo. He's huge. Collins limits outside runs too.

Has nothing to do with arrogance. Boston media loves to play both sides of the fence. Every team the Pats play they shit on. If the Pats win they were right, and if the Pats lose they get to shit on the Pats for loosing to a team they should have beat. It's the same song and dance over and over again. Don't know why posters who have been around long enough even take them seriously. You should know better by now Godslay.

This is pretty much right, and it's not unique to the Pats. You should've been listening when the Red Sox were playing in 2003-2004, before everyone in the Boston media cozied up to the owners. It was really something.

Spinluck

Not going to jump into mass speculation mode. I do love the fact that every Peyton Manning and Brady playoff matchup involves the home team winning every time. Thank Tebow it is a home game in 2016 again. Those three years of regular season games being all in New England was unfair, really.

Yeah, winner of this game gets the winning record of this match up in the post season.

#QBwins

Funny that this will be the most talked about game all week, when the ARI vs CAR game will most likely be way better.

Striker

Anyone in Giants-GAF interested in going to London for the game? My buddy who I normally do away games once a year with is having his first baby this summer - but I really want to go to this game. All my other friends suck.

I'll buy two game tix now and figure it out later i guess
I'm tempted. Aren't these games in the later part of October or November part of the season?

Andy turned out to be alright but the issue is Andy has limitations which were on full display this past weekend in the Chiefs loss to the Patriots. Same weaknesses he had year 1 and now year 17 of his coaching career.

There is a reason why after McNabb was let go and they had no answer at QB, D-coordinator, and talent overall, everything fell apart. Andy couldn't coach the talent up beyond their level. Letting Reid go was the right move for all involved.

The reason Pederson is so infuriating is not that he is a relative unknown, which you pointed out Reid was as well, its that he is directly from Reid. Not even from his tree, but basically a product of Reid in every sense of the word. So only 3 years removed from an era, successful as it may have been, that FAILED, the organization comes across scared, clueless, and almost running back to familiar shelter.

But this time, unlike with Reid, there is no plan (Reid was famous for his binder), Pederson was the 3-4th choice, and this seems more like a move to get back to comfort rather than win. Why revert back to what ultimately didn't work? They don't even have a top 5 pick in a QB friendly draft.

I didn't want Chip fired, but accepting that he was let go, the organization should move forward by bringing in new guys, ideas, and philosophies. Not basically run back to and over turn their own decision to fire Reid.

So yeah as fans all we can do is wait and see but every indication and report about this "coaching search" reeks of desperation lack of real design on where to go next.

The crazy thing about the coaching search was Lurie said that they would conduct an exhaustive search, but they only interview 3 people who had not been involved with the team at somepoint in time. That is terrible, even if Doug did blow them away he wasnt going anywhere. They should have taken their time and considered way more people.

I don't think Lurie is the problem in that he only cares about making more money.

He genuinely wants to win. He hit a home run with Reid and he got so comfortable and so used to that for 14 seasons, that any departure and the subsequent turbulence has sent him running scared back to Reid and plucking one of his dingleberries to coach the Eagles now.

Problem is Lurie has put his trust in the wrong person. Howie. What I really want to know is what he sees in him. He has no Football background and yet time and time again Lurie wants him to lead the team as GM.

I really don't get it. And when he fired Chip he said he made Chip GM to make him accountable for all he wanted to do. Ok fine and then you fired him. Even ignoring the Howie stuff, say Chip hung himself to dry and rightfully so got fired.

Now what? Already he won't clarify who holds the GM title (though we know its Howie) and so moving forward we won't know who the fans or media should hold accountable for the moves that don't work. Quick to blame Chip but now its back to ambiguous titles and roles which helps Howie remain unaccountable.

The one good thing to come out of this fucking disaster is that at least everyone has their knives pointed squarly at Howie. When this doesnt work they will all be calling for him to be gone.

Godslay

Banned
It's just funny the back and forth is all.

Denver media paints it as a winnable, but difficult game.

Boston media paints it as a tune up to the Superbowl.

Me personally?

I've been fooled too many times by thinking that Denver is going to go in and kick ass and get it done against NE. They did it 1 time since the Shanahan era, so I'm not counting on anything Sunday. The Broncos will have to earn it by pushing the Patriots around in the trenches. That's all I will really say in terms of speculation.

Hunter S.

Yeah, winner of this game gets the winning record of this match up in the post season.

#QBwins

Funny that this will be the most talked about game all week, when the ARI vs CAR game will most likely be way better.

Eat donkey dick spin. But, really, all Broncos games this year were probably boring to non-fans (excluding the Packers game which was the big, phalli). The team just has a knack for being closers. They have great climaxes that surmount the excitement most teams get. I don't think Denver cares if it is liked as long as the winning result leaves the other team fucked.

cdyhybrid

there's a reason people like to say the patriots cheat
1) patriots got heavily penalized for spygate
2) patriots got heavily penalized for deflategate
3) nfl fans don't like to see the same team do consistently well
4) brady / belichick is easy to hate on

spygate and deflategate were severely overblown. anyone who has done any research at all on spygate would know the patriots were made an example of

http://yourteamcheats.com/what-is-spygate (it would do you some good to click on these other teams icons by the way to see other real cheating that has gone on, especially the Jets)

i think even the people that can't wrap their head around how insignificant of an advantage spygate gave to the patriots can admit that deflate gate was another witch hunt. this is proven by the fact that the patriots offense has improved significantly since spygate, and brady proved the inflation of the balls did very little to affect his performance. you've been watching football for 35 years and besides deflategate / spygate, when have you heard anyone accuse the patriots of cheating that was backed by any kind of evidence? you kind of make yourself look like an ignorant fan when you clearly don't even know the whole story of what spygate and deflategate were about
Linking to a propaganda site made by Pats fans isn't helping your argument.

Bread

Banned

Me personally?

I've been fooled too many times by thinking that Denver is going to go in and kick ass and get it done against NE. They did it 1 time since the Shanahan era, so I'm not counting on anything Sunday. The Broncos will have to earn it by pushing the Patriots around in the trenches. That's all I will really say in terms of speculation.
They don't actually believe that dude, it's just a way to get attention before a big game. Shaugnessy has made a living off of it and Tanguay is trying the same.

Dragon

Banned
Linking to a propaganda site made by Pats fans isn't helping your argument.

Please, as if the credibility of a site like that would change your opinion. Just be happy you have a QB who throws touchdowns blindly into double coverage in the end zone. Takes talent bro.

Me personally?

I dunno, most of the local media here in Denver seem really really skeptical about that winnable part.

pederson - tomusula like hire:

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2016, 10:57 AM EST

New Eagles coach Doug Pederson could end up being the next Andy Reid in Philly. Or the next Jim Tomsula.

Not that the Eagles have ever had a Tomsula. But the move feels more like a Chip Kelly palate cleanser than an all-in move toward a Super Bowl run.

The Eagles already know Pederson; he played for the Eagles in 1999 and coached there from 2009 through 2012. Owner Jeffrey Lurie surely likes him. More importantly, executive V.P. of football operations Howie Roseman, who had been neutered by Kelly, surely believes that Pederson will stay in his lane and not try to make a power grab.

Just like Tomsula a year ago in San Fran. He had worked for the 49ers for eight years, and they knew he’d be the anti-Harbaugh. Tomsula was, in the right way and the wrong way.

Pederson’s experience as a coach is limited. A quality-control assistant from 2009 through 2010, he worked as quarterbacks coach in 2011 and 2012 before joining Andy Reid as offensive coordinator in Kansas City as of 2013. That’s three years as a coordinator, two more as a position coach, and two as, essentially, a coaching intern.

Another potential complication comes from the fact that Pederson served as a coordinator on the side of the ball at which his boss was an expert. In those cases, it’s hard to know how much credit goes to the coordinator and how much goes to the head coach. Without Reid, can Pederson run an offense?

All things considered, it’s a risky move for the Eagles, and unless they find a quarterback who can perform at a moderately high level, it could be a short-term arrangement — especially if the losses pile up and the fans and media begin to start asking the kind of questions that are more likely to remain under wraps when the new coach is 0-0 and everyone continues to bask in the glow of the prior coach being gone.

Bread

Banned
Eat donkey dick spin. But, really, all Broncos games this year were probably boring to non-fans (excluding the Packers game which was the big, phalli). The team just has a knack for being closers. They have great climaxes that surmount the excitement most teams get. I don't think Denver cares if it is liked as long as the winning result leaves the other team fucked.
As a Broncos fan I'm sure you actually believe this, but come on man lmao

Spinluck

Oh did he, now?

:)

Let's relive the glory days friend.

RecentRashBat.gif

image.gif

tyhil.gif

Beautiful

:')

Dragon

Banned
What do you mean! The pats have blown out every team they played in the Super Bowl! A little small, insignificant amount of cheating had no effect in any of those games because none of them were even close!

Oh hey Carmen Policy what do you think of FMT's post? Oh wait you're busy circumventing the salary cap? Oh alright, cool.

Bread

Banned
You're right guys Brady deflated the balls, look at his dropoff this year with properly inflated ones! And look how the Pats historic fumble rate increased dramatically!

cdyhybrid

Please, as if the credibility of a site like that would change your opinion. Just be happy you have a QB who throws touchdowns blindly into double coverage in the end zone. Takes talent bro.
Of course it wouldn't, I base my judgments on facts, not some internet defense force's spin cycle.

Hunter S.

As a Broncos fan I'm sure you actually believe this, but come on man lmao

12 wins, won mostly in 4th quarter. I will take that. How many teams got that, or close? Maybe some of the the playoff teams. The enjoyment of the game comes long after the fact for lots of people

effzee

That article includes exactly one quote from an unnamed NFL front office type and the rest is speculation and conjecture. I mean, look at this bullshit Rube just pulled out of his ass:

Sorry if I don't take that all that seriously.

And he tries to make the point that Roseman's rise to power coincides with the Eagles lack of playoff wins. But guess what else coincides with the Eagles lack of playoff wins? The lack of a proven QB. This is a QB driven league and without one you are always going to be "adrift" and "irrelevant". Much more so than if you have a guy in the front office who tends to ruffle people's feathers.

Eagles fans need to stop worrying so much about who is behind the desk in the GM's office and worry a lot more about who is behind center.

Well whoever is playing behind center will basically be chosen by this GM so yeah it is fair to question who he is, what qualifies him, and why he over qualified personnel guys has been kept time and time.

If you don't buy it that's you. This isn't one reporter with an agenda, its well documented by all the writers who cover the team.

Bread

Banned
12 wins, won mostly in 4th quarter. I will take that. How many teams got that, or close? Maybe some of the the playoff teams. The enjoyment of the game comes long after the fact for lots of people
Soo you enjoy the result and not the game because your team played some ugly ass football this year. Got it!

Spinluck

I don't think it's that, I just think it's the fact that the NFC has better teams and match ups.

Broncos had a few fun games to watch this year--I thought the Colts game was neat. I actually didn't think this last game was bad besides both QBs being broken.

Caja 117

I really wont take Denver for granted, in perspective this is a repeat from last game, with each team having key players back, and Pats should have this I think its going to be a 23-19 Pats .is good to take in account that if Im not mistaken all of Broncos scoring drives except for the TD against the Steelers (the fumble), started on excellent field position (something like close to the 50) I don't see this happening with Pats as often. it All depends on Manning, as Broncos D will make the stop, but, if Manning doesn't play better (even without the drops) as he did against the Steelers, Broncos cant win it. I'm still a bit scared, Brady just cant win in Denver.

Yeah for sure... My honest thought is that the Patriots should win but it'll come down to a few factors that can go either way. Hightower seems healthy and he's a key to the Patriot's run defense... If they can limit Denver's running game like how they limited Kansas City's, then I think it makes Denver have to throw. While Denver's receivers have an advantage over New England's secondary, I'm not confident in Manning's ability to push the ball down the field to attack the secondary, giving the Patriots a chance to sit on the short stuff. If New England takes a lead, I'm not confident in Denver's ability to take the lead away. I see Denver's offense as similar to Kansas City's except more talented at WR, but Alex Smith's running ability really kept Kansas City in that game this weekend and it's something that Manning does not have, while both Manning and Smith are having trouble throwing an accurate 15+ yard pass.

Offensively, the Patriots can succeed if Brady is protected and he doesn't get hit. This is pretty typical of almost any team. Brady was protected against KC, the WRs got separation quickly, and the Patriots offense was very efficient throughout most of the game. Denver's defense is one of the best in the league and compares well to Kansas City's, and if the Patriots are as effective against Denver's defense as they were against Kansas City's, then I think it will put the responsibility on Denver's offense which I think is suspect with Manning at QB. I honestly think that Denver is more effective offensively -- when playing from behind -- with Osweiller.

Special teams has not been the strength that it normally has been for New England this season, and if Denver can get good field position on punt returns and kickoff returns and take advantage of a mistake by New England in the return game, then the game could turn for Denver. This happened in the previous Denver/New England game when Chris Harper muffed a punt and New England's punt and kickoff coverage has been bad the last 5 - 6 weeks giving teams shorter fields.

I think -3.5 for New England is a good predictor of the result... Meaning, the Patriots should win, but if there's a big play, mistake, or something unpredictable (Denver's running game being very effective against a health D, for instance), then it could easily be Denver winning by 4 or the Patriots winning by 10.

Spinluck

At least you're the weight that's finally off our backs. The future is bright, Matt is washed up, and Andrew sucks even more.

=D

The last AFC South team to score a point in the post season was the Colts.

The last AFC South team to make the playoffs was the Texans.

gutshot

Well whoever is playing behind center will basically be chosen by this GM so yeah it is fair to question who he is, what qualifies him, and why he over qualified personnel guys has been kept time and time.

If you don't buy it that's you. This isn't one reporter with an agenda, its well documented by all the writers who cover the team.

I'm just more of the opinion that coaching and front office instability tends to follow on-field failures more than the other way around. If the team is winning on the field, all that front office turmoil goes away.

In short, I don't really care who is running the front office, just draft a QB who can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom