• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think that there were 15 QBs last year that were better then him. wow!

Bradford is the new line for QB mediocrity in the NFL. The former "Dalton Line" from the NFL ATL Podcast. Either him or Tannehill.

Basically, if you have a QB worse than Bradford, then you need a new QB. If you have a QB better than Bradford, then you probably don't need a new QB. If you have Bradford, then you're right on the pivot between good, mediocre, and disaster.

I think Bradford is right around that 12 - 18 rating, but if I were a fan or running an organization there are players I'd rather have who are below Bradford, only because they're younger, cost less, or have more potential. Bortles, Carr, Mariota, Jameis Winston, Osweiller, etc. It's arguable that Bradford had a better season than them, but I'd rather have any of those guys at QB than Bradford because there's more upside and less money with them.

There's garbage, and then there's trash. Usually the FA market is garbage for QBs, but this year it's trash.

There's maybe 3 starters at best in this list.

Here's your list for 2016:
snip qb list

2016 is better than the 2015 FA QB class. Hoyer was the top QB in the 2015 FA class, and he was benched for Ryan Mallet 3 quarters into week 1.

FA QB classes are notoriously terrible, but you've got Cousins, Bradford, Osweiller, and Fitzpatrick. If Cousins and Fitzpatrick play like they did in 2015, then Cousins is a legitimate starter, Fitzpatrick would be solid. Bradford is capable of starting for a whole year and worth taking a chance on for some franchise with nothing at QB. I think Osweiller can succeed with players around him. If any of these guys were the QB in Houston this year, Houston could have been 11 - 5 instead of 9-7, and competed in their playoff game.

effzee

Chase Dainels name keeps coming up in Philly. He is 30 years old and made $4m last year. It will be funny to see what all the let Bradford walk people are saying after watching Chase play for a few games.

It all depends on what the plan is overall.

Doug said what he said in the press conference. He obviously isn't going to say "its a complete rebuild and we expect to be bad for a year or two before a draft pick QB develops". He has to convince himself, his players, and the fanbase that the plan is always win now.

But if the plan is to rebuild, then yeah sure bring in Daniels and draft the best QB on your board to start either half way through this season or next year.

If they don't like any of the guys in this draft or want to wait till the 3rd round or later for a QB to develop in house, then better resign Bradford.

ampere

FUCK YOU NFL

https://photos-1.dropbox.com/t/2/AABe9dB00fW9KQdLo89zte6ZiFS-6R6qpF4eWSEwW1bz6A/12/344676/png/32x32/3/1453327200/0/2/Screenshot%202016-01-20%2012.27.09.png/ENj_Ohiux9nMAyAHKAc/xSF90YqloTCShgJKv52Fu1dfebiDRBrqIRovaqDma7A?size_mode=3&size=1280x960[img]

alkgdasklgdsalkgdskl[/QUOTE]

Bledsoe deserved a ring as a starter

Hindl

Smith had a bit more YPA 7.42, to Bradford's 7.00 and they were both 65% completion. Bradford also had 62 more attempts on the season. So that reflects a bit more on his accuracy over Smith. Sam had more Ints, but Smith is historically conservative and doesn't take chances.

KC also had a better rushing O, so they weren't entirely one dimensional. Which obviously helps the QB.

I think Bradford could be better than Smith long term, at least as a pure passer. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him get at least as much as Smith given the state of the league. Was anyone complaining about paying Alex $17M this last year? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Yeah good point. And yeah no one was afraid of our running game, so that makes it a bit harder to evaluate him. Bradford isn't near that level of QB that doesn't really need a running game to succeed, so I mostly want to see him come back with a bolstered OL and see what he can do with that. Price has to be right though

effzee

Yeah good point. And yeah no one was afraid of our running game, so that makes it a bit harder to evaluate him. Bradford isn't near that level of QB that doesn't really need a running game to succeed, so I mostly want to see him come back with a bolstered OL and see what he can do with that. Price has to be right though

If the plan is to retool, as in not to draft a franchise QB, then ok sign Bradford for 12-15M, fix the OLINE, and lets win a SB.

If not, let Bradford walk, draft Wentz or whoever they have in their mind at 13, groom him for a year or 2, and then win a SB.

Either way SB.

Hindl

If the plan is to retool, as in not to draft a franchise QB, then ok sign Bradford for 12-15M, fix the OLINE, and lets win a SB.

If not, let Bradford walk, draft Wentz or whoever they have in their mind at 13, groom him for a year or 2, and then win a SB.

Either way SB.

Well yeah true. Only resign Bradford if they like the personnel that we have. Otherwise, blow everything up, and rebuild based off of the solid defensive talent we have while we get a competent offense

Bledsoe deserved a ring as a starter

Drew Bledsoe, one of the classiest guys in the game.

And plus how can you argue with Drew Blesdoe wine pull quotes on his website?

aq8Lc9C.png

Don't see a white wine for sale.

Man has my respect.

His Doubleback is $90/bottle. Been trying to get a bottle for my sister for a couple years (she's a big oenophile) but it's even more expensive in Massachusetts because there are strong state restrictions on importing wines from specific states and areas.

He's got 2 cheaper ones, $40/bottle, but they're both only distributed around the Pacific Northwest. Both are really highly reviewed

The blindness of yankeehater when it comes to Sam Bradford is really quite incredible.

For someone that has me on ignore you sure do like to mention me. Bradford was easily one of the best QBs in the NFL the second half last year. Build up the OL, get Wrs that can catch, and he could be really good.

Before the bye week, through seven games, Bradford threw nine touchdown passes and 10 interceptions. He completed 62 percent of his passes (170-for-274) for 1,766 yards and a passer rating of 76.4

After the bye week, through seven games, Bradford threw 10 touchdown passes and just four interceptions. He completed 68.2 percent of his passes (176-for-258) for 1,959 yards and a passer rating of 97.0. Bradford also missed two games after spraining his shoulder and suffering a concussion in the Eagles’ loss to Miami.

Maybe if you spent less time trying to disagree with me and more time watching football you would see how much better Bradford was in the second half of the season.

jmdajr

Hey Texan fans, remember Josh Innes

Former Houston sports radio host apologizes for on-air racial epithet

Former Houston sports talk show host Josh Innes apologized Wednesday for using a racial epithet to describe Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce on Innes' Philadelphia radio show.

Upon hearing that Kelce had shown up early to the press conference to introduce new Eagles coach Doug Pederson, Innes mocked Kelce for trying to kiss up to the new coach. Then, he went on a strange tangent. He explained that he recently had watched the movie Malcolm X and that somehow led him to use a pejorative term used to compare an African-American to a house slave to describe Kelce, who is white.

"That's essentially Jason Kelce's job, 'Yessir. Yes, boss. Absolutely, boss. Yes sir, boss," Innes said. "That is Jason Kelce. Whoever the head coaching is gonna be, he's gonna be all over that head coach.

On Wednesday, Innes tried to apologize.

"I'm the dumbest human being on the planet," Innes said. "I apologize for that, I truly do. I'm an idiot ... I see people are making fun of me across the country, and you should be, because I'm stupid."

Innes was a polarizing, but popular figure in Houston when he was a co-host of KILT's (610 AM) afternoon drive time show from December 2010 until he left for Philadelphia in December 2013.

effzee

Yeah just ignore their careers up to this point ....

He also have 2 SB rings.

I don't share YH's enthusiasm for Bradford, but what do these points have to do with the comparison he made?

If the argument is simply he threw 10 TDs in 9 games then you can similarly compare him to Big Ben. QB play isn't all about TDs though and objectively Bradford had a good 2nd half of the season ranking in the top 10 of all measures. Still don't want him back at that high of a salary cause personally I am not convinced he can be anything more than a inconsistent, fragile, and average QB.

But I also know how much of a crapshoot the draft is and drafting a QB is no guarantee. Not having a QB puts your franchise in hell and the Eagles need to explore all available options including overpaying Bradford, drafting 1-2 guys, or bringing in someone like RG3 to see if they can turn him around.

eznark

Banned
If the Texans aren't able to move up in the draft by the time FA starts I find it hard to believe they don't give Bradford a boatload.

Caja 117

How relevant is that to him signing this year? We've seen it before where a QB has a good year, and boom they get paid. Bradford's year was decent, especially with what's out there right now.

I don't share YH's enthusiasm for Bradford, but what do these points have to do with the comparison he made?

If the argument is simply he threw 10 TDs in 9 games then you can similarly compare him to Big Ben.

QB play isn't all about TDs though and objectively Bradford had a good 2nd half of the season ranking in the top 10 of all measures.

Nah, it does matter, as a good QB can have a bad stretch, or a bad QB can have a good stretch, if you only base an athlete quality based on a couple of games instead of his entire carreer, then chances are you are making a incorrect comparison.

effzee

Nah, it does matter, as a good QB can have a bad stretch, or a bad QB can have a good stretch, if you only base an athlete quality based on a couple of games instead of his entire carreer, then chances are you are making a incorrect comparison.

Right which means pointing out he only threw so many TDs in so many games pretty irrelevant.

How many of those drives ended in rushing TDs but were possible cause of Bradford throwing the ball?

Eagles offense overall was bad but it did get better as the season and Bradford progressed. So you look at the overall picture and not just isolate one stat or category.

I can see a legit case to be made that had the Eagles run game been any better (cause it was terrible) Bradford could have improved even more. If they do bring him back, the plan will be to improve the OLINE and to fit a scheme that works around DeMarco Murray. Could work.

How relevant is that to him signing this year? We've seen it before where a QB has a good year, and boom they get paid. Bradford's year was decent, especially with what's out there right now.

A QB's history is definitely relevant. If Big Ben and Bradford has similar seasons, I have a lot more future confidence in Big Ben than I do Sam Bradford. I think you'd probably agree outside of the forum back and forth, because otherwise how could anybody defend Denver deciding to start Peyton Manning this week?

Dragon

Banned
Bradford was easily one of the best QBs in the NFL the second half last year. Build up the OL, get Wrs that can catch, and he could be really good.

I pruned my ignore list, with the exception of nutballs like Seanspeed.

I honestly don't know what you're watching that leads you to believe that Bradford is anything special. Seriously, two years ago, you guys had Foles put up one of the best years for a QB in the history of the NFL and there wasn't this level of loyalty. The guy got outplayed over the course of the season by over 20 starting QBs! And this in a time where most people would consider quality QBs to be few and far between. Seriously what is with your love of this guy?

As far as your assertion about the second half you're talking about three games out of 8 where he could be considered playing well. The other games were basically forgettable. Arguably the biggest win of the season for the Eagles, he threw 24 passes for 120 yards! Not to mention his numbers this year on third down and fourth down were horrible (something like ~52% completion percentage and 6 yards per pass attempt).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom