• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

Right which means pointing out he only threw so many TDs in so many games pretty irrelevant.

How many of those drives ended in rushing TDs but were possible cause of Bradford throwing the ball?

Eagles offense overall was bad but it did get better as the season and Bradford progressed. So you look at the overall picture and not just isolate one stat or category.

I can see a legit case to be made that had the Eagles run game been any better (cause it was terrible) Bradford could have improved even more. If they do bring him back, the plan will be to improve the OLINE and to fit a scheme that works around DeMarco Murray. Could work.

Or he could fall to the numbers he have had his entire pro career, Eagles can make him one of the best paid QB in the league out of necessity, but he hasn't shown that he is a QB that will give you a title, you can blame the supporting cast and coaches, but regardless he needs to proof himself, I just don't expect him to be a QB to take a team all the way.

Kind of the case how Fitz was having a heck of the season, and I think a lot of people here called him out to just be responsible for the jets loosing the most important game of the season.

Damn... Chip Kelly has aged like a president.

he now resembles his avatar in Madden 16
eBEl6xQ.png

effzee

CZL5PkXUEAIq1VN.jpg

Question about emotional intelligence, what is this bullshit?

lmao can't believe Baalke took a shot like that at Lurie but its well deserved.

Chip also hammering home "football guy" as a jab at Howie.

Lurie deserves to be laughed at with his emotional intelligence BS. Eagles now in the business of making people good first and win 2nd.

For someone that has me on ignore you sure do like to mention me. Bradford was easily one of the best QBs in the NFL the second half last year. Build up the OL, get Wrs that can catch, and he could be really good.

Bradford was not close to "one of the best QBs the second half of the season." He was a servicable, adequate QB. He had about the kind of performance you'd expect out of a 4-3 quarterback in the 2nd half of the season. Better than mediocre, with a couple good games, and then 5 or so decent games.

Just doing a quick Google search of QB power rankings, most had him around number 14-16 by the end of the season. I'd say that's about right. Some have him at #12, others have him at #18.

Godslay

Banned
A QB's history is definitely relevant. If Big Ben and Bradford has similar seasons, I have a lot more future confidence in Big Ben than I do Sam Bradford. I think you'd probably agree outside of the forum back and forth, because otherwise how could anybody defend Denver deciding to start Peyton Manning this week?

Teams don't always think this way. It's a what have you done for me lately league, especially with a QB drought.

Now if you have a QB with a body of work, that's one thing. They'll get paid more on that prior production. Whereas teams will also pay a guy on a good year without that proven consistency. We've seen it happen before.

It's always been Peyton's team this year. He was hurt and played like shit. Now he's not hurt and is playing average. It's not really a good comparison to Sam Bradford in a contract year. Different scenarios in their careers.

Caja 117

Teams don't always think this way. It's a what have you done for me lately league, especially with a QB drought.

Now if you have a QB with a body of work, that's one thing. They'll get paid more on that prior production. Whereas teams will also pay a guy on a good year without that proven consistency. We've seen it happen before.

It's always been Peyton's team this year. He was hurt and played like shit. Now he's not hurt and is playing average. It's not really a good comparison to Sam Bradford in a contract year. Different scenarios in their careers.

I understand all of this, but again, his comment as a sort of comparison on Ben's production doesn't make any sense, Ben can have a worst year overall that Bradford and every team 100 times out of 100 chances will take Ben over Bradford.

bionic77

so giants changed nothing to please eli.
Why should they?

He got all selfish and started to bang his own wife. Now the Giants suck and the Pats are winning championships again because the league won't stand up to them.

He couldn't even let his brother keep inseminating and pleasing his wife for a few more years for the good of the team. Yeah, maybe the kids heads are a little lopsided and things get weird during Thanksgiving when "uncle" peyton gets drunk and starts to tell the kids about their "real daddy", but no one eve said winning was easy.

Either be a team player or go be a loser like that other franchise in New York Eli!

Hindl

4 years, $75m, $45m "guaranteed" (including roster bonuses) $20m signing bonus.

Basically Alex Smith's contract.

Not bad, I'd like it lower though obviously but it might not happen. Though as trejo said, needs an injury clause.

And damn Chip got fat
Eagles...

Damn was hoping for Shurmur to stay. Probably gonna be drafting a QB now

What is it with obese Philly coaches?

RIP Pederson's waistline

Cheesesteaks man

If the Texans aren't able to move up in the draft by the time FA starts I find it hard to believe they don't give Bradford a boatload.

This is my single biggest fear, next to Howie coming back and being made the GM again. Good thing that 2nd one will never happen. :(

He got all selfish and started to bang his own wife. Now the Giants suck and the Pats are winning championships again because the league won't stand up to them.

He couldn't even let his brother keep inseminating and pleasing his wife for a few more years for the good of the team. Yeah, maybe the kids heads are a little lopsided and things get weird during Thanksgiving when "uncle" peyton gets drunk and starts to tell the kids about their "real daddy", but no one eve said winning was easy.

Either be a team player or go be a loser like that other franchise in New York Eli!

:jnc

Never change, bionic.

More Giants staff notes:

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 8m8 minutes ago
Giants HC Ben McAdoo expected to retain TE coach Kevin Gilbride Jr., CB coach Tim Walton, RB coach Craig Johnson, S coach David Merritt on staff

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 8m8 minutes ago
Giants should have new position coaches on Ben McAdoo's staff at OL, DL, LB and WR, which is expected to be Adam Henry.

Pat Flaherty, Robert Nunn, Jim Hermann and Sean Ryan are either moving on or have moved o already. Adam Henry is all but hired at this point (he was Odell's WR coach at LSU)

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 7m7 minutes ago
Giants will also have a new QBs coach. Could be Frank Cignetti Jr., but not confirmed.

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 6m6 minutes ago
Giants coordinators expected to be OC Mike Sullivan, DC Steve Spagnuolo and STC Tom Quinn

Crisco

Banned
To me, Bradford is a more injury prone Matt Ryan. If the stars align for a season, maybe you'll host a winnable playoff game but he ain't ever going all the way. It's been nearly 15 years since Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl, and probably only the '13 Seahawks had the overall team makeup to win it all with unexceptional QB play.

Good afternoon everyone?

Why should they?

This is why you are wonderful Bionic.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think it's clear they probably did some last second rewrites and tinkered with the story a bit based on fan response and marketing data. Not exactly surprising that they'd be conservative with that franchise.

bionic77

I think it's clear they probably did some last second rewrites and tinkered with the story a bit based on fan response and marketing data. Not exactly surprising that they'd be conservative with that franchise.
If it was that easy to make a good movie what is the explanation for Batman v. Superman?

JJ and the actors fucking brought it. Like few have ever brought it before. And I am going back to Biblical times.

It is pretty hard to make a good sequel and they nailed it.

They nailed it and I will fight anyone who says otherwise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom