• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Whitta was writing Rogue One or whatever the next one was?

What happened?

He was. Christopher McQuarrie came in and apparently did some substantial rewrites which sources have claimed "saved" the script. Chris Weitz was also rumored to have worked on the script after Whitta.

I think it's clear they probably did some last second rewrites and tinkered with the story a bit based on fan response and marketing data. Not exactly surprising that they'd be conservative with that franchise.

....I feel like this is more financial than anything else. Save the summer focus for their Marvel machine and Pirates and get that holiday money with Star Wars.

squicken

-Bay area media are every bit as snarky as East coast guys

-Chip was given every chance to say Kaep was his guy and never did. If anything, he talked more about Gabbert.

-Cosell today said Goff is a better prospect than Jameis or MM

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
If it was that easy to make a good movie what is the explanation for Batman v. Superman?

JJ and the actors fucking brought it. Like few have ever brought it before. And I am going back to Biblical times.

It is pretty hard to make a good sequel and they nailed it.

They nailed it and I will fight anyone who says otherwise!

except that its not really a sequel.

bionic77

He was. Christopher McQuarrie came in and apparently did some substantial rewrites which sources have claimed "saved" the script. Chris Weitz was also rumored to have worked on the script after Whitta.
Ouch.

Poor Gary.

He was hilarious and awesome on the Tested podcast.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If it was that easy to make a good movie what is the explanation for Batman v. Superman?

JJ and the actors fucking brought it. Like few have ever brought it before. And I am going back to Biblical times.

....I feel like this is more financial than anything else. Save the summer focus for their Marvel machine and Pirates and get that holiday money with Star Wars.

Didn't say that TFA was a bad movie. It was awesome and everyone who says otherwise is wrong. There were some awful components (Kylo Ren, some CGI) but it was fantastic.

I just think they might realize that they can probably take some more freedoms with the next one and spend more time polishing it all up.

I'll concede that it's primarily because of financial pressure but I'm sure they'll make good use of the extra time.

bionic77

except that its not really a sequel.
There are 3 Star Wars movies. Episode 4,5,6.

The Force Awakens follows the story 30 years later after 6 and the major plot point revolves around the hero of the last movie.

After racism the worst thing on the internet is the 'movie reviews'. I would rather hear you slobs drone on about Joe McShitHeads awesome QBR in his first start against whatever shitstain team he just beat up on than hear any more wrong and mostly cribbed opinions from internet morons.

Beach

Raiders ganna have their stadium on the new planet.

And the new Star Wars is good but not going to lie if it felt like it came and went months ago.

bionic77

Didn't say that TFA was a bad movie. It was awesome and everyone who says otherwise is wrong. There were some awful components (Kylo Ren, some CGI) but it was fantastic.

I just think they might realize that they can probably take some more freedoms with the next one and spend more time polishing it all up.

I'll concede that it's primarily because of financial pressure but I'm sure they'll make good use of the extra time.
It is really hard to make a sequel. JJ had to make a movie that followed 6 so he was limited in story and characters to some extent. And he also had to salvage the bad karma from the movies that will not be named.

To pull it off was really remarkable.

They are obviously going to move the series in a new direction in the next movie, which advancing the plot they already started, but in the end it comes down to making a good movie. A good movie can be nothing but a car chase through the desert set in the apocalypse (Mad Max) or it can be convoluted as fuck, but still entertaining (see Christopher Nolan).

Jarate

Banned
JJ Abrams I think was just horrified to ever include another Jar Jar Binks, so he just made the most derivative Star Wars movie he could make

Spinluck

Thank you, I knew my boy JJ was special after S1 Lost. So many haters on GAF because he proved them wrong... They can go jack off to Speed Racer.

I think Riam will do a better job, plus he has the second movie thing going for him. The middle of trilogies is usually the best.

-Chip was given every chance to say Kaep was his guy and never did. If anything, he talked more about Gabbert.

Wow that is crazy, wonder if he will be there at 13.

bionic77

Thank you, I knew my boy JJ was special after S1 Lost. So many haters on GAF because he proved them wrong... They can go jack off to Speed Racer.
Sadly most people on the internet, including GAF, have no original thoughts. They just spout whatever they heard from some podcast, twitter or from some other jackass.

I will admit that TFA was not the most original movie of all time. None of the Star Wars movies were ever really admired for their screenplay. It was however a masterclass of moviemaking. He gets you from the first minute and you will be feeling legit feels right up to when the credits start to scroll. I have already seen it 3 times and I wouldn't mind seeing it another 5. Just a great movie.

Almost all of the complaints boil down to:
1. I have a very small penis and nothing makes me happy
2. I don't like Star Wars movies

Number one is a valid complaint, but not JJ's fault (presumably). Number two is your fault for wanting a SW movies to be something other than a SW movie.

SW delayed...noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Oh well, I knew it was too good to be true we'd only have to wait a year and a half to see what happens next and I guess it's kind of cool for SW to be a Christmas tradition even if it means we always have to wait until the end of a year. I think it'd make even more money in the Summer though with all the kids out of school for a longer duration. It can't be helped if Rian had to tweak the script and the rumors are that the rewrite is due to them having a couple new female lead characters and they felt the screen time was too split and they should devote more time to the existing characters like Rey and Poe (I agree with this) so they will shrink down the roles of these few new characters. If this is true, definitely a good thing as they should be prioritizing further fleshing out Rey, Finn, Poe and Ben. At least it's still coming out the same year, 5 months isn't so bad. Especially since we're getting another SW movie this year.

JJ Abrams I think was just horrified to ever include another Jar Jar Binks, so he just made the most derivative Star Wars movie he could make
What did we get with the Phantom Menace? A lone hero with a greater destiny from a desert planet, who discovers but quickly loses a father figure. Oh and he goes on to blow up a large structure in space at the end with the help of a band of resistance fighters. At lease Kasdan and Abrams managed to rename the desert planet.

INNOVATIVE!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
MLive's Detroit Lions awards: Matthew Stafford easy choice for offensive MVP

Winner: Matthew Stafford
Honorable mention: Calvin Johnson, Theo Riddick

Why Stafford: The final eight games. Duh. The dude completed 70 percent of his passes during that stretch, which constitutes the most accurate eight games in team history. His QB rating in that stretch was 110.1, which would have led the NFL if extrapolated for the full season. For the year, his completion percentage was 67.2, which ranked fifth in the league, and his QB rating was 97.0, which ranked ninth -- one spot behind Cam Newton. Stafford was all kinds of dreck in the first half, sure, but who wasn't? And his huge second half, under the direction of Jim Bob Cooter, was absolutely artful.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...ions_awards_ma.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Stats not included: Stafford did not throw one INT in the red zone and did this all with the 32nd running game in the league and getting sacked 44 times.

Ziggy Ansah won Defensive Player of the Year from MLive.

Drakeon

Didn't Cosell think Mettenberger was better than Jameis too?

Star Wars Episode VIII got pushed back 5 months.

1481184-980x.jpg

Jarate

Banned
What did we get with the Phantom Menace? A lone hero with a greater destiny from a desert planet, who discovers but quickly loses a father figure. Oh and he goes on to blow up a large structure in space at the end with the help of a band of resistance fighters. At lease Kasdan and Abrams managed to rename the desert planet.

INNOVATIVE!

Look we all know that the prequels were fucking garbage, it doesnt invalidate the issues with the current movie

Abrams is like the king of making 7.5/10 content though which is exactly what I rate the film. It did what it needed to do, but there wasnt that much too it. It was a good action romp

ampere

Bummer that Star Wars is delayed, but as long as it's good it's worth the wait. Wish my boy JJ was in charge of all three though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom