• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please eat a bag of dicks or put me on ignore if you don't like Lions news/talk.

Like i said keep the Lions trash news to yourself...don't rage at me for your shitty team that has won anything in forever, the sperms cells that created me wasn't even in my fathers nut sack when the Lions last won something..

rokkerkory

59NrKcb.jpg

Life hack guys

Look we all know that the prequels were fucking garbage, it doesnt invalidate the issues with the current movie

Abrams is like the king of making 7.5/10 content though which is exactly what I rate the film. It did what it needed to do, but there wasnt that much too it. It was a good action romp
I like how noting the obvious narrative parallels across all three trilogies is suddenly "invalidating issues". Listen, *you* mentioned how derivative the latest movie is and I illustrated that the prequels suffer from very similar issues when you pull back all of the digital sheen and supposed "creativity". Things people amazingly like to use to dismiss "The Force Awakens" as being creatively vapid.

All of the pretty digital worlds and "George at least tried to do something different!" bullshit falls apart in the face of that one general truth that you even readily admit - the prequels *are* fucking garbage. The prequel trilogy at its best is merely watchable and maybe even that's being generous. So yes, there's no question that TFA is safe - but it presents a solid group of new characters, a good foundation to build upon and oh yeah - it happens to be highly entertaining. "Good action romp" is miles away from what anyone would use to describe any of the prequel films is what I'm saying.;) So yay for progress...

Like i said keep the Lions trash news to yourself...don't rage at me for your shitty team that has won anything in forever, the sperms cells that created me wasn't even in my fathers nut sack when the Lions last won something..
So you actually expect him to stop talking about the Lions. Lol are you new here

Line_HTX

NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork 3m3 minutes ago

Brady's average release time: 1.94 seconds.

"That just means I have to get to him at 1.8 seconds" - @DeMarcusWare

CZMaL8aUAAAnTs5.jpg:large

(You rang? face)

MechDX

59NrKcb.jpg

Life hack guys

Once in my younger days while driving to a club I had to open my beer. The only opener I had was on my keychain. Got the truck up to 75, put it in neutral, turned the key off and pulled out the key chain.

Opened my beer, put the key back in the ignition and restarted the engine. No one was the wiser.

Amateurs.

Colasante

49ers offered their defensive coordinator position to Mike Vrabel! I hope he takes it. I'd love to see Vrabel become a head coach someday.

ampere

Bill Simmons confirmed what I already knew...Tony Romo is the most likable QB in the NFL

He do an interview with Tony? I like Tony, guy had to earn his spot in the NFL and that probably keeps him humble. Too bad his career is probably over soon due to injuries and age.

MechDX

Vrabel leaving is just depressing . Just watched a repeat of the first episode of Hard Knocks last night and his "Why don't you just throw marshmallows at him" line to one of the rookies linebackers was just so good.

Dragon

Banned
Vrabel leaving is just depressing . Just watched a repeat of the first episode of Hard Knocks last night and his "Why don't you just throw marshmallows at him" line to one of the rookies linebackers was just so good.

I think Vrabel unites everyone. What a dude.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Why keeping Caldwell was the sane option for the Lions

The buzzards of noise and mayhem rose to action Friday when Caldwell was christened a second time as the Lions head coach. In reality, the Lions simply retained Caldwell and decided to let him go through with the third year of his contract, but after the countless trials of pain and agony it feels like the immovable man was fired and hired and fired again a hundredfold, a black Prometheus constantly losing his liver to those selfsame vultures.

The man's cheated death foretold a hundred times this season. Now it's another year to prove why it was worth it. But for this year, Caldwell's survival didn't have to happen; it needed to happen.

But the pendulum has swung so many times and avenues have been tread that perhaps, just perhaps, there is a contingent that understands what was liable to happen if the Lions followed the same trend of constantly firing coaches and looking for the next best thing. The players worked an excellent campaign in his name, and they celebrate in earnest today for a many they clearly enjoy playing for.

That matters. The difference between 7-9 in Detroit and 7-9 in Philadelphia comes in large part because of how the players feel about their leader. The fan will be happy so long as the record is good; the players have motivations far beyond just that. These are not the mythic-made peons of Vince Lombardi's legend who needed to be led by a dictatorial word to prove their worth. The modern footballer has the energetic fists to resist such, and the intelligence to match in this game. They know when the coach isn't fighting for the same stakes. They know what systems are working and which are not. They understand the empathy and camaraderie necessary to play a game that steals years from them. They want that in their leader.

Retaining Caldwell doesn't matter when it comes to the record, or his decisions in games, or any vision for a future or even those candidates available. It's a victory for the sanity of an organization. It's a win to decide that constant instability in hopes that Jon Gruden will magically appear and win a Super Bowl in year one isn't realistic. That kind of Powerball dreaming is why there's so many teams humping the top of the draft year in and out.

Here are some teams that have changed their head coach at least twice in four years, the same scenario Detroit was staring at if they fired Caldwell: the Browns, Titans, Jaguars, Bills, Raiders, Buccaneers and Dolphins. If the Lions want to keep company with that lot, go right ahead. Those same teams keep chasing the next greatest head coach possible; it's no surprise then that each one finds itself mired in more problems than just filling those shoes.

Understand this about Caldwell: this has been be only his fifth year as a NFL head coach.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...retained-future-sane-detroit-lions-head-coach

Great article on Coach Caldwell and the decision GM Bob Quinn made. It was the first of many moves he's made since like firing our strength coach for the last 15 years, who Matt Millen hired, and a member of the scouting department who was with the Lions for 30+ years.

On top of that Jim Bob Cooter is officially OC Jim Bob Cooter and we get DC Teryl Austin back.

This is with $20 Million of cap space with or without Megatron plus 11 draft picks.

Lots of reasons to be optimistic going into next season. We're right there just need to solidify the Defensive Tackle position and add some more depth into the offensive line.

Personally at #16 I'd draft BPA except at QB (obviously and RB). Yes, that includes WR but it'll be interesting to see what Bob Quinn does with all our cap space and draft picks.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Is there a consensus #1 this draft? I haven't really heard anything about this draft class. Is it going to be like whatever year Eric Fisher or Luke Joekel was drafted #1?

59NrKcb.jpg

Life hack guys

Seems like a good thing to know if you live in New Hampshire with their drive thru liquor stores and no seat belt law.

49ers offered their defensive coordinator position to Mike Vrabel! I hope he takes it. I'd love to see Vrabel become a head coach someday.

Vbaebel is the best. I hope he succeeds, to then join HC Patricia and OC McDaniels in 10 years as the DC/assistent HC.

By far, I'm going to miss him

Between this and pegging brady, I'm not sure I want you in SD anymore

A little Brady man love is nothing illegal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom