• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Pep Hamilton
hqdefault.jpg

omg :lol

I love Pierre Bernard

Spinluck

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 2m2 minutes ago

Dolphins make it official, announce hire of Clyde Christensen as offensive coordinator

Good hire or what, Chris?

Clyde was there all during the Manning/Caldwell era and up to this point the Luck era as the QB coach. I think this is the first time we'll see what he's made of.

squicken

Clyde was there all during the Manning/Caldwell era and up to this point the Luck era as the QB coach. I think this is the first time we'll see what he's made of.

There was that WC game vs BAL when Arians got sick ...

E:
Dan Hellie @DanHellie
Manning on Brady: Tom Brady plays the position the way it's supposed to be played. Great honor and privilege to have competed against him.

Mindlog

Mr. CTE John Lynch is going onto the TB Ring of Honor.
Only a few left from the Super Bowl team to go. Really hope we can get a decent season before they're all there :\

Spinluck

There was that WC game vs BAL when Arians got sick ...

E:
Dan Hellie @DanHellie
Manning on Brady: Tom Brady plays the position the way it's supposed to be played. Great honor and privilege to have competed against him.

Omg, I had no idea he subbed in that game.

BAL was great in the post season that year, and Luck was a rookie but man lol.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

squicken

Still don't know how this will play out, but one thing I was hoping Chip would talk about was moving off of tempo all the time. But he didn't. He talked about how he wanted defenders who liked being on the field. So idk. He should really examine that b/c even teams like GB and NYG that go fast, still slow down sometimes

Why in the name of Tebow are you giving that no talent ass clown more exposure than he deserves?

We need a rule: No Colin Cowherd, no Mike Florio, and no Tony Grossi.

Call him a bitch and whatever else he does. I dunno, rando had it out for him in the preseason!

FTFY

And he killed Kave during the offseason.. Nothing can top his previous statements.

MechDX

Fuck cowherd, But that was besides the point.....

MechGuy, have you had a chance to check out any of Wentz games games yet?

Just some of his highlight videos.

The draft media guys I trust like Matt Miller, Lance Zierlein are just gushing about him. The guy is a big, tall QB with a good arm, can move and escape pressure, is fearless in the pocket or out of it.

The only sticking point with me is he played at North Dakota St. ......not exactly a hotbed for talent or high level competition

I only posted the Cowherd video for Schragers comments about Wentz. I don't follow him it just came across my timeline

Pepiope

Look at that elite coaching staff!!

Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin 57m57 minutes ago
15 coaches agree to terms w #Eagles. Some return. Full list. @FOX29philly
CZM2KdfWYAEFUqE.jpg:large

niners hiring mike vrabel for DC. i know he did good work with the texans LB's, not sure if he will be good as a DC but i'd rather take an unknown vrabel vs. a known billy davis/eric mangini (both of whom are not very good)

BG, FloydSnes

Come get yo school mayne

Ohio State Buckeyes ‏@OhioStAthletics 33m33 minutes ago
.@Panthers Two states one team, huh? Mind if we jump in? #KeepPounding #GoBucks

CZM8Vn4WYAIRbzT.jpg:large

Drakeon

niners hiring mike vrabel for DC. i know he did good work with the texans LB's, not sure if he will be good as a DC but i'd rather take an unknown vrabel vs. a known billy davis/eric mangini (both of whom are not very good)

Is it official? I thought they'd just offered it to him, hadn't heard he'd accepted it yet. I agree with your points though, I think Vrabel has a way higher upside than Mangini.

Is it official? I thought they'd just offered it to him, hadn't heard he'd accepted it yet. I agree with your points though, I think Vrabel has a way higher upside than Mangini.

i dont know if it's official, but i just read they are supposedly finalizing a deal. who knows, we were supposed to have hired hue jackson as well

Drakeon

i dont know if it's official, but i just read they are supposedly finalizing a deal. who knows, we were supposed to have hired hue jackson as well

That makes sense. It probably doesn't get out there that they make an offer if they don't already know he's going to accept. Just hashing out numbers then.

The Jackson thing never seemed as concrete. Of course I say that now with hindsight being 20/20.

MechDX

Former Texans DE Anthony Weaver is candidate 2 replace D line coach Paul Pasqualoni, who resigned 2b with family on East Coast.

So I guess Pasqualoni is retiring? Awesome! Losing our entire defensive staff

Yeah I'm overreacting but fuck it

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
From what I've seen of Wentz, which is limited, admittedly. He has ball security issues and he's slow on decision making. His arm is good but not great, more accurate than strong. Good size and athleticism. Definitely a project at the NFL level.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Lions apparently fired all their strength and conditioning people today.

Is that normal? What kind of difference does this make for a pro team? I really have limited knowledge.

Bob Quinn is cleaning house in terms of some scouts and trainers who have been with Detroit for far too long.

Arapoff spent the last 15 seasons with the Lions after joining the team as a strength and conditioning coach under Matt Millen in 2001. He was promoted to his most recent role in 2006.

Report: GM Bob Quinn fires Lions' longest-tenured scout

The move is the latest in a flurry of them Friday morning. Quinn already announced he is retaining Caldwell as head coach for another season, and hired former Patriots scout Kyle O'Brien as his director of player personnel.

Apparently he thought it was best to move on from McEwen, who has been with the Lions for 29 years

I think any scout who has been with the Lions for 29 years, or a strength coach who was hired by Matt Millen should probably go.

What is Quinn looking for in his scouts?

"A good scout is hardworking," Quinn said. "These guys have tough lives. They're in hotels more than you guys are in hotels, believe it or not. They're on the road, they're away from their families, so if a guy can work hard, acquire good information and be able to not only articulate what they feel about players, but also write it down on paper or on their computer, that, to me, is what makes a good scout."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...inn_fires_lion.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Bob Quinn made the right move by retaining Caldwell and guys that have been with the team from the Matt Millen era or for 30+ years need to go.

We're doing things the Patriots way. The one difference between Scott Pioli in Kansas City and Bob Quinn in Detroit, is Detroit has a franchise QB and a lot of young, solid players with a ton of draft picks and cap space.

The Patriots Way. :*)

MechDX

God, no kidding. It was immediately obvious from day one that Tomsula was in over his head in pretty much every single aspect of being a head coach.

I asked yesterday and got no response. I read Tomsula disappeared after getting fired. Did he ever resurface?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom