• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

What was Gata's favorite show on Nickelodeon?

Cousin Skeeter
NH9gE7v.gif

God, no kidding. It was immediately obvious from day one that Tomsula was in over his head in pretty much every single aspect of being a head coach.

i went to youtube just now to look at tomsulas presser again and forwarded to a random spot. he was talking about a village making a giant mexican feast/dinner. loooooooooool

The Lions apparently fired all their strength and conditioning people today.

Is that normal? What kind of difference does this make for a pro team? I really have limited knowledge.
Makes a difference with (some) injuries. Packers made some changes going into 2014, and imo it's made a difference.

Doesn't stop things like kneesplosions, but there's some percentage (20%? 30?) of injuries that happen just because guys are tired or don't have the flexibility they should. That's where the modern sports science comes in, and most of the time taking advantage of it means firing the tenured guys who always used leeches and dirt.

WedgeX

Banned
Makes a difference with (some) injuries. Packers made some changes going into 2014, and imo it's made a difference.

Doesn't stop things like kneesplosions, but there's some percentage (20%? 30?) of injuries that happen just because guys are tired or don't have the flexibility they should. That's where the modern sports science comes in, and most of the time taking advantage of it means firing the tenured guys who always used leeches and dirt.

This makes sense.

Their qb is fatter than Eddie lacy and Josh Freeman's obese love child. Have to make a move.

So you're saying that Stafford is going to come to camp as fit as Steve Young?

Some Giants staff hires:

Mike Garafolo & #8207;@MikeGarafolo 27s28 seconds ago

New QB coach for Eli Manning on way. Giants to hire Frank Cignetti Jr, who was a Rams QB coach/OC the last 4 yrs and Rutgers OC before that.

Source tells @NFLonFOX that @Giants have hired Dwayne Stukes as assistant special teams coach. Stukes last with @ChicagoBears in 2014.

Also, Pat Flaherty interviewing for the OL coach position with the Niners.

Sam Farmer ‏@LATimesfarmer 4m4 minutes ago
The Los Angeles Rams have collected more than 45,000 season-ticket deposits ($100) in the first 48 hours of sales campaign. One deposit per.

Full list of 2016 free agents by team:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...cted-free-agents-by-team?campaign=Twitter_atn

Who I think the Giants should target if said teams let them reach free agency. They don't need to sign them all, but certainly should investigate and pursue.

Tashaun Gipson
Derek Wolfe
Marvin Jones or Mohammed Sanu
Vinny Curry

Big signing I'd love to see Mo Wilkerson in Giants blue if he shakes loose. Eric Berry should be there as well.

Need to bring in a quality guard, too but that's a start taking a quick glance at the list.

squicken

Schwartz mentioned Curry during his Q&A with the media. I think he's going to be a priority for Philly, though obviously not a franchise guy

I was reading something about PED use written by an ex-player, and he said that it is way overblown by fans and media. His argument is that most players don't sleep enough and eat such bad diets, that adjusting either of those would have far more benefit than using PEDs

Which reminded me of a weird thing with the Eagles. There was a flier posted on the internet about Shady McCoy, with Peters and Brandon Graham hosting a welcome home party for him the night after the game. Like at 2 am. Peters wasn't healthy all year, missed a third of the snaps going in and out of games, and here he was partying the night that probably most could benefit from extra sleep

So I still think with all this sports science, the trick is getting the players to listen. No team more publicly embraced the sports science stuff than the Eagles, and they still had guys not fully committed

Draxal

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...cted-free-agents-by-team?campaign=Twitter_atn

Who I think the Giants should target if said teams let them reach free agency. They don't need to sign them all, but certainly should investigate and pursue.

Tashaun Gipson
Derek Wolfe
Vinny Curry

Big signing I'd love to see Mo Wilkerson in Giants blue if he shakes loose. Eric Berry should be there as well.

Need to bring in a quality guard, too but that's a start taking a quick glance at the list.

Harrison's the guy I want from the Jets. Wilkerson isn't leaving.

Godslay

Banned
I was reading something about PED use written by an ex-player, and he said that it is way overblown by fans and media. His argument is that most players don't sleep enough and eat such bad diets, that adjusting either of those would have far more benefit than using PEDs

Which reminded me of a weird thing with the Eagles. There was a flier posted on the internet about Shady McCoy, with Peters and Brandon Graham hosting a welcome home party for him the night after the game. Like at 2 am. Peters wasn't healthy all year, missed a third of the snaps going in and out of games, and here he was partying the night that probably most could benefit from extra sleep

So I still think with all this sports science, the trick is getting the players to listen. No team more publicly embraced the sports science stuff than the Eagles, and they still had guys not fully committed

Funny that you mention this, as I was listening to PM's press conference today he mentioned enjoying hot dogs somewhere in the building. So maybe diet is making him old. Lol.

Not that the hc needs to be in shape, but I can't help but wonder whether someone like chip Kelly extolling healthy eating and sports science so thoroughly can get through to players on that topic given his horrendous physique.

Schwartz mentioned Curry during his Q&A with the media. I think he's going to be a priority for Philly, though obviously not a franchise guy

I think that's absolutely true. But it makes sense, it's not just the S&C staffs that have to adjust, the players have to buy in too to get maximum benefit. It's their body after all, buck stops there.

Tashaun Gipson
Derek Wolfe
Vinny Curry

Wolfe signed a four year extension with the Broncos

bionic77

Ohio has solid players because, like Cuba, athletics is the only way out for many of those people living in a third world country.
You have never known cold and dark until you lived through a winter in Cleveland (or just outside of it).

I can't believe people have to spend their whole lives there.

That said, is Wisconsin any better? I am speaking out of ignorance here as I have never really been to any of the flyover states.

I guess if you are fat enough you don't feel the cold and if you drink enough you can't really tell the difference between daytime and nighttime.

You have never known cold and dark until you lived through a winter in Cleveland (or just outside of it).

I can't believe people have to spend their whole lives there.

That said, is Wisconsin any better? I am speaking out of ignorance here as I have never really been to any of the flyover states.

I guess if you are fat enough you don't feel the cold and if you drink enough you can't really tell the difference between daytime and nighttime.
But they have cheese though

OMG Stacey dash is still so hot, DAM

*sweating
No Rando.. Not that hot...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
FOX Sports Live ‏@FOXSportsLive 27s28 seconds ago

JUST IN: @buffalobills hire Kathryn Smith (1st female in NFL history) to be the special teams quality control coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom