• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Schwartz mentioned Curry during his Q&A with the media. I think he's going to be a priority for Philly, though obviously not a franchise guy

Yup especially if they are switching back to a 4-3 scheme.

I was reading something about PED use written by an ex-player, and he said that it is way overblown by fans and media. His argument is that most players don't sleep enough and eat such bad diets, that adjusting either of those would have far more benefit than using PEDs

Which reminded me of a weird thing with the Eagles. There was a flier posted on the internet about Shady McCoy, with Peters and Brandon Graham hosting a welcome home party for him the night after the game. Like at 2 am. Peters wasn't healthy all year, missed a third of the snaps going in and out of games, and here he was partying the night that probably most could benefit from extra sleep

So I still think with all this sports science, the trick is getting the players to listen. No team more publicly embraced the sports science stuff than the Eagles, and they still had guys not fully committed

Funny you mention this. I was just thinking about what happens to the program Chip put in place.

Even McCoy, when he was on the team, said thanks to the sports science he felt the healthiest, lightest, and was eating better than ever. I am sure it helps and its all about buy in.

I really hope with Little Red leading the charge now, they don't throw away all the good Chip brought with him. They need to keep the strength & training and sports science plans. Eagles have been the healthiest team the past 3 seasons and it directly correlates.

Reid used to have fast foot tuesdays :(

effzee

Reuben Frank ✔ @RoobCSN
I asked Jeff Lurie what Howie Roseman has done to give him confidence to restore his personnel control. He declined to answer.

I don't expect Lurie to ever answer that unless Howie is let go. Even then I doubt it.

So RG3 was looking at houses today in the Lake Conroe area (about 40 miles NW of Houston).

This is all Wienkes fault

Doesn't mean anything. Isn't he from Texas to begin with?

All it tells is that he is obviously done in DC. Had he bought a house in a random place for him, like say Philly, then yeah that would be some tell.

But anyway would you rather have him, Bradford, or go another year with Hoyer?

effzee

Still don't know how this will play out, but one thing I was hoping Chip would talk about was moving off of tempo all the time. But he didn't. He talked about how he wanted defenders who liked being on the field. So idk. He should really examine that b/c even teams like GB and NYG that go fast, still slow down sometimes

Chip is who Chip is. I saw adjustments in the offense from Vick to Foles, then year 1 to year 2, and from year 2 into this past season.

But the constant was the uptempo pace. He did slow it down a bit for Bradford but the faster his offense goes, granted they pick up 1st downs, the more the opposing D is gassed and completely lost.

If Kaep is his guy and they can run the offense as fast as he likes, they will eat through defenses.

Look at that elite coaching staff!!

Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin 57m57 minutes ago
15 coaches agree to terms w #Eagles. Some return. Full list. @FOX29philly
CZM2KdfWYAEFUqE.jpg:large

LMAO at Greg Lewis.

For some reason Reid loved. Belichek even liked him.

Dude couldn't catch for shit and now he is the WR Coach? I guess the good thing from this is that majority of the Eagles new coaching staff is made of former players, even if they were all career back ups or mediocre overall.

Still most excited about the potential on D and maybe turning that unit into one of the better groups in all of the NFL.

Pepiope

LMAO at Greg Lewis.

For some reason Reid loved. Belichek even liked him.

Dude couldn't catch for shit and now he is the WR Coach? I guess the good thing from this is that majority of the Eagles new coaching staff is made of former players, even if they were all career back ups or mediocre overall.

Still most excited about the potential on D and maybe turning that unit into one of the better groups in all of the NFL.
He's supposed to be a pretty good coach who helped Brown out in 2014 in PIT, and Cooks this year with the Saints. We'll see how it goes.

Jarate

Banned
Thats not avocado.

Thats the power of Satan aided by the blood of a virgin.

Its hard to find virgins these day bruh so you better have some good connections if you want the real stuff.

There's probably a higher percentage of virgins now then there were back in the day if that makes you feel any better

Josina AndersonVerified account
‏@JosinaAnderson
I'm told former #49ers head coach Mike Singletary is interviewing with the #Giants today for their linebackers coach position.

Keep your pants on, Mike!

Dragon

Banned
Paramount and Skydance Entertainment's Terminator 2 was set to hit theaters May 19, 2017.
Instead, the studio said Baywatch will open in its place.

I love the times we live in.

There's probably a higher percentage of virgins now then there were back in the day if that makes you feel any better

I had an old roommate who was a virgin for religious reasons. He didn't have sex until his wedding night when he was like 27. I always thought that would be a fuckton of pressure on an already stress-filled day.

Hindl

Hello Hindl.. I guess.. But.. Eww.

Did you see Sarah two days ago with Trump? :)

Oh boy.. Please pick her Donnie.. Make all my dreams come true.

Money is magical friend.. It buys you nice things

Hello friend. Her speech was glorious nonsense. This alone is gives me the life force I need to get through the week:

https://vine.co/v/ieKI9rebnEB

I'm honestly not sure I could take 5 more months of that it might be too much. Could you imagine the VP debate between her and Julian Castro?

It has to be a virgin by choice.

Satan doesn't recognize straight up losers.

lol

eznark

Banned
This is why I became a Cam admirer about half way through the year:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/196611/cam-newton-took-huge-leap-as-a-passer-in-2015

He learned how to be a quarterback. (Ignore QBR nonsense)

This might not sound revelatory, and perhaps you'll view it as another in a long line of condescending compliments toward a player who has struggled at times to win over impartial observers. It's not. Because as recently as midseason, most advanced metrics confirmed that Newton was an elite weapon as a runner but of average efficiency as a pure passer in terms of accuracy, touchdowns to interceptions and downfield effectiveness.

Newton shed that portrayal in an authoritative way during the second half of the season. The chart, researched by Jacob Nitzberg of ESPN Stats & Information, compares Newton's performance in the second half of the season relative to Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer and the New England Patriots' Tom Brady. You'll see that Newton's Total QBR on pass plays was 91.2, nearly double his mark of 51.5 in Weeks 1-9 and higher than either Palmer or Brady over that span, and that no one in the league matched his ratio of 21 touchdowns to one interception after Week 9.

The murder of former spy Alexander Litvinenko in 2006 was "probably" approved by President Vladimir Putin, a public inquiry has concluded.

Mr Litvinenko died aged 43 in London in 2006, days after being poisoned with radioactive polonium-210, which he is believed to have drunk in a cup of tea.

A public inquiry into his death began in January 2015.

Chairman Sir Robert Owen said it was likely Mr Putin signed off the killing following a long-running feud.

So more probable than not?!

Goodell just suspended Putin for 1 game based on this report.

"Acck, what did you Putin my tea?!"

eznark

Banned
Ez offering strong praise for a black quarterback

That's one of the signs right? The seas turn to blood next?

The amount of people in this thread who subscribe to the Cornball brother garbage is truly disgusting.

Go back years, no one praised Russell earlier or more frequently than I. Perhaps bob tied me. But that's it.

Bunch of fucking racist assholes need to look in a mirror. Then break the mirror. Then use the glass shards to end racism.

Dragon

Banned
The amount of people in this thread who subscribe to the Cornball brother garbage is truly disgusting.

Go back years, no one praised Russell earlier or more frequently than I. Perhaps bob tied me. But that's it.

Bunch of fucking racist assholes need to look in a mirror. Then break the mirror. Then use the glass shards to end racism.

You forgot the exception for when a player goes to Wisconsin...

eznark

Banned
You forgot the exception for when a player goes to Wisconsin...

I was also all over Tajh Boyd! And Brett Hundley! (I actually don't know what his ethnic makeup is, but he looks exotic!) I also liked Bridgewater a lot before this season.

Dislikes: Cam (not anymore!), RGIII, Geno, Vick (post prison)

I dislike running backs who take snaps and can only throw where the sideline tell them to pre-snap. Also bad QB's (Geno & Vick)

Also wtf how did you quote me.

squicken

DeFillippo is now the Eagles QB coach. I really don't get why he isn't an OC somewhere. Can't tell me the Rams will do better. Good hire for Philly. Lots of experienced eyeballs are going to putting that gameplan together every week

e: I mentioned during the Panthers game how impressed I was with how fast Cam was finding the right guy to go to, and how great his ball location was on certain throws.

I wonder how accurate he will be. Is this just a hot streak? He still throws all arm. Can a player really use that as his foundation throwing style and be consistently accurate? If he does, he'll be the first guy to do it. Favre, George and Cutler made lots of arm throws, but when setting up in a clean pocket, they had the right mechanics. Cam always uses that quick whip throwing style

DeFillippo is now the Eagles QB coach. I really don't get why he isn't an OC somewhere. Can't tell me the Rams will do better. Good hire for Philly. Lots of experienced eyeballs are going to putting that gameplan together every week

e: I mentioned during the Panthers game how impressed I was with how fast Cam was finding the right guy to go to, and how great his ball location was on certain throws.

I wonder how accurate he will be. Is this just a hot streak? He still throws all arm. Can a player really use that as his foundation throwing style and be consistently accurate? If he does, he'll be the first guy to do it. Favre, George and Cutler made lots of arm throws, but when setting up in a clean pocket, they had the right mechanics. Cam always uses that quick whip throwing style

To bad the guy ultimately in charge of it all says golly gee all the time. They really did get a crazy good staff though. Funny how no good head coaches would take the job with Howie there but assistants were just dying to come there.

Edit:

xbox peeps get your free copy of Witcher 2:

**Free download of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is available in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, France and Germany. The giveaway is from January 21 (6 a.m. PST) through February 5 (12 a.m. UTC).

It was added to the BC list today. It is such a great game, if you havent played it yet you really should.

Hindl

To bad the guy ultimately in charge of it all says golly gee all the time. They really did get a crazy good staff though. Funny how no good head coaches would take the job with Howie there but assistants were just dying to come there.

It gives me hope. Doug himself doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, but it seems like he knows he doesn't know shit, and they're assembling a good staff around him to support the team. Aside from Reich I'm pretty happy with all of the hires. Even Reich is alright, it's just the lack of a running game in his playbook that's worrying. But obviously with the oline/RB situation in San Diego he couldn't do much anyway. Hopefully he and Doug get a more balanced attack. I think Bradford (or whoever we bring in) could do a lot better if our rushing attack could take some pressure of him, so I'm hoping we're not too pass happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom