• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Sure.

That depends on their internal view of the team. If they think they are a competitive team, then sure sign the QB to deal or franchise him.

Not trying to turn this into an Eagles/SB thing. It's really just about the offseason QB market

I think the Eagles are a few years away from contending, so I imagine their internal debate is about getting some value back on a guy they traded for a 2nd. Transition tag? Non-exclusive franchise tag? No way he gets the exclusive tag. Then you have to kind of look at which teams are in the market

Are the Jets still in love with Fitz? Chip, imo, has basically said Kaep is out. Gabbert or draft? Is Denver really going with Brock next year? They sure seem like a win now team. Houston definitely needs a QB and aren't in a good slot to draft one.

I think both Kaep and RG3 will be available. But no one is handing those guys the week 1 job. Where are Brock, Gabbert or Fitz getting the Week 1 job right away? Bradford is different. With Cousins almost locked into WAS, he's the one guy who will sign and be the Week 1 guy immediately. That's why I don't think people understand the numbers being what they are

Not trying to turn this into an Eagles/SB thing. It's really just about the offseason QB market

I think the Eagles are a few years away from contending, so I imagine their internal debate is about getting some value back on a guy they traded for a 2nd. Transition tag? Non-exclusive franchise tag? No way he gets the exclusive tag. Then you have to kind of look at which teams are in the market

Are the Jets still in love with Fitz? Chip, imo, has basically said Kaep is out. Gabbert or draft? Is Denver really going with Brock next year? They sure seem like a win now team. Houston definitely needs a QB and aren't in a good slot to draft one.

I think both Kaep and RG3 will be available. But no one is handing those guys the week 1 job. Where are Brock, Gabbert or Fitz getting the Week 1 job right away? Bradford is different. With Cousins almost locked into WAS, he's the one guy who will sign and be the Week 1 guy immediately. That's why I don't think people understand the numbers being what they are

I agree that they are a was away but I really wonder if they will not try and rush things. Lurie has basically said that everyone is one the hot seat in the FO. I cant imagine how much rope Howie will be given but if they are bad next year, like 4-12 or something bad, there will be so much heat on him. The fact that everyone in the media already hates the Pederson hiring is only going to make things worse.

Godslay

Banned

Those are good points.

I can't say much for those other teams, but to be honest if they jettison any of the existing QBs who do they go with? The pool is so small as it is right now, it seems like a mistake to let go of anyone that can play the position.

The value of Bradford's contract will be a combo of the Eagles direction going forward (assuming they think they have something to build on), the drought of the market, and the rise of the salary cap. They'll probably want to prevent teams from stealing him away, and may overpay if so.

Really, I'm just speculating and could be way off.

Hunter S.

20150927224725.0.0.gif

Fuck the Patriots. All I got.

bionic77

Mike Tomlin on the last drive of the game vs Denver, "I'm thinking about going for two when we score." He said that to the offense, not the coaches. They didn't score, but Mike McCarthy should take a lesson.
Tomlin coaches like it was a sports movie and we were written to win at the last second.

I can't say I disagreed with McCarthy at the time. I thought they had the momentum and the longer Palmer played the more likely he would just give them the game. Hindsight is 20/20 and Patriots fans are all smelly bitches. This is known.

Tomlin coaches like it was a sports movie and we were written to win at the last second.

I can't say I disagreed with McCarthy at the time. I thought they had the momentum and the longer Palmer played the more likely he would just give them the game. Hindsight is 20/20 and Patriots fans are all smelly bitches. This is known.

McCarthy needs to realize that he's playing with Aaron Rodgers. Meaning that if the game is tied, Packers lose.

bionic77

McCarthy needs to realize that he's playing with Aaron Rodgers. Meaning that if the game is tied, Packers lose.
The Packers offense would never be able to get 2 yards though.

Their best play is the rollout and bullshit 50+ yard completion. Rodgers just doesn't have enough field to work with on a 2 point unless they get lucky and got a 40 yard penalty...

gutshot

Did you guys see these Jordan/Pippen rumors on Deadspin?

Nothing but respect for Pippen. Great teammate. Great player. He was a thug when he came into the league, but really came around and they talk regularly now. Pippen and Jordan together defensively was as devastating a duo as there will ever be. Scottie and Michael used to compete on everything. Jordan used always claim his hands were bigger, but they weren’t. Scottie was very blessed down below. And that killed Michael. Johnny said, “you should have seen the girls pippen had waiting for him everywhere we went. Madonna used to pick him up in a limo with a hot tub every time we went to L.A. Michael used to tell Madonna he could satisfy her better, to which Madonna would tell him “not a chance.””

lololololol

Greg

actor
Tom Cruise is amazing

was flipping channels the other day and saw the Tropic Thunder scene with him on the phone - so good

Crisco

Banned
Gonna be interesting to see what a bunch of snow and ice does to an already sketchy field in Charlotte. Everyone is expecting that game to be a track meet, but I could see both teams playing it tight to the vest and ending up with a 14-10 type final score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom