• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm fine with that.

You're fine with Denver getting blown out and the game being over by the end of the first quarter?

Okie dokie.

I just feel like Carolina's on a mission right now. I don't get a sense of drive from Arizona. It's like they're here, but there's nothing driving them. The Panthers feel completely different than the other 3 teams right now. They want it.

I feel the same way about New England. They look pissed off. If they have a chance to put up 50 on Denver, they wouldn't hesitate to do it. Denver's defense can't bail them out forever.

ampere

Yea if we somehow lose to Denver, Manning is going to get killed on live television in California. Nobody wants to see that

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm still debating whether to start the Witcher 3. I bought it on black Friday because of all the GOTY nods even though I didn't really enjoy Witcher 2. I was lost the entire way through the Witcher 2 and I don't play video games for their story but rather for the gameplay. If The Witcher 3 wasn't so daunting with the size and scope I would be more willing to play,but fuck it takes 50 hours just to beat the main storyline. That's quite a bit of devoted time to play a game I might not enjoy that much. Someone convince me it's worth my precious time.

I beat it in around 35-40 hours or so. I took my time, or I thought I did, trying to do all the side quests but compared compared to most other play times I rushed through it. Probably my GOTY, an amazing game with a great cast of characters. I genuinely cared about some of the characters and some of the choices I would have to make. Some of the side quest storylines themselves are better than the main storyline IMO.

Possibly major spoilers so don't highlight if you haven't played
I skipped the whole King Radovid assassination side quest once I got to Skeligge. I screwed that up so I'll do that in my next run through

It is a heavy investment of your time but so worth it. I even liked the combat which gets lambasted usually on Gaming Side. It's not Dark Soul's but then again what is?

Going to try to give it another run after I play Witcher 2 when BC is up for that game on Xbox One next month.

You're fine with Denver getting blown out and the game being over by the end of the first quarter?

Okie dokie.

I just feel like Carolina's on a mission right now. I don't get a sense of drive from Arizona. It's like they're here, but there's nothing driving them. The Panthers feel completely different than the other 3 teams right now. They want it.

I feel the same way about New England. They look pissed off. If they have a chance to put up 50 on Denver, they wouldn't hesitate to do it. Denver's defense can't bail them out forever.

JNC! I can't tell if you're scared or just delusional. Zero chance you hold us to 13 points or that you score 31 pts on us. I don't know what pull out of your ass baramoter you're using to determine how bad teams want the win. Palmer and Fitz have been in this league a long time, they want it more than Cam or anyone else on that roster.This should be a close game and it could go either way but I'm confident we'll tap that Panther ass tomorrow. Let's go Cards!

KingBroly

Banned
JNC! I can't tell if you're scared or just delusional. Zero chance you hold us to 13 points or that you score 31 pts on us. I don't know what pull out of your ass baramoter you're using to determine how bad teams want the win. Palmer and Fitz have been in this league a long time, they want it more than Cam or anyone else on that roster.This should be a close game and it could go either way but I'm confident we'll tap that Panther ass tomorrow. Let's go Cards!

I'm not a Panthers fan. I'm a Redskins fan.

And remember when everyone called that Giants player crazy for saying they'd hold the Patriots to 17 points in the Super Bowl?

They held them to 14. And won.

I'm not a Panthers fan. I'm a Redskins fan.

And remember when everyone called that Giants player crazy for saying they'd hold the Patriots to 17 points in the Super Bowl?

They held them to 14. And won.

We averaged over 30 pts over the whole season. They will not hold us to 13. Maybe if the field and weather were nuts and the game ended 13-10 or some bizarro shit like that but nope, not happening.

Oh man I remember one time in college bunch of crazy white boys drag me out to Moses Lake for them sand dunes. That was.... something. It's like the redneck version of music festival. LOL

That's basically all there is to do out here, although I've actually never gone to them. Jack shit to do here otherwise. Have to go to either Tri-Cities, Wenatchee or Spokane if you want to do anything interesting.

KingBroly

Banned
We averaged over 30 pts over the whole season. They will not hold us to 13. Maybe if the field and weather were nuts and the game ended 13-10 or some bizarro shit like that but nope, not happening.

You may have averaged over 30 points for the entire season, but your last 2 games combined total out to 32 points, an average of 16. Against playoff teams this year, Arizona scored more than 30 points in 3 games out of 7 played against Playoff teams (@ SEA, v. GB, v. CIN). The other 4 times they scored 26 (GB), 23 (MIN), 6 (SEA) and 13 (PIT). I'd argue that Carolina's defense is much better than what those teams have to offer.

cards will be ok if they weather the early storm, which was the reason the panthers beat the seahawks... they couldn't recover from the early onslaught. i could see it being a lower scoring game if the weather is shitty enough. otherwise, i don't really think either of these defenses are going to put on some type of shutdown on the other team. prediction: cards 24, panthers 21

in the other game, i dont know. if the denver D that showed up last week shows up this week, the broncos will get blown out. i don't think that's going to happen. i think the broncos D underestimated the steelers with all the injuries and they absolutely aren't going to underestimate the pats. homefield will be worth something here and peypey will make just enough plays. prediction: broncos: 27, pats 20

cards will be ok if they weather the early storm, which was the reason the panthers beat the seahawks... they couldn't recover from the early onslaught. i could see it being a lower scoring game if the weather is shitty enough. otherwise, i don't really think either of these defenses are going to put on some type of shutdown on the other team. prediction: cards 24, panthers 21

in the other game, i dont know. if the denver D that showed up last week shows up this week, the broncos will get blown out. i don't think that's going to happen. i think the broncos D underestimated the steelers with all the injuries and they absolutely aren't going to underestimate the pats. homefield will be worth something here and peypey will make just enough plays. prediction: broncos: 27, pats 20

I saw a guy in a 9ers hat at walmart today, I had to stop myself from going up to him and trying to give him a hi five. If you guys get Bradford also I am going to seriously snap.

I saw a guy in a 9ers hat at walmart today, I had to stop myself from going up to him and trying to give him a hi five. If you guys get Bradford also I am going to seriously snap.

he sounds like a cool fellow!

also, there is some chatter we are going to go after bradford. chip keeps saying in interviews he can't talk about the team (like kap...) until april. lol that's absolutely not true. kap is under contract with us. you can say whatever you want about our players prospects. i know why he isn't talking about it but he should just say something like well we will have to see once we start practicing

he sounds like a cool fellow!

also, there is some chatter we are going to go after bradford. chip keeps saying in interviews he can't talk about the team (like kap...) until april. lol that's absolutely not true. kap is under contract with us. you can say whatever you want about our players prospects. i know why he isn't talking about it but he should just say something like well we will have to see once we start practicing

An Eagles podcast I listen to was killing chip for that, said he hasnt learned anything since he still lies about dumb shit. I love Chip, he was such a great coach. I couldnt care less if he lies to the media to spare a players feelings.

You may have averaged over 30 points for the entire season, but your last 2 games combined total out to 32 points, an average of 16. Against playoff teams this year, Arizona scored more than 30 points in 3 games out of 7 played against Playoff teams (@ SEA, v. GB, v. CIN). The other 4 times they scored 26 (GB), 23 (MIN), 6 (SEA) and 13 (PIT). I'd argue that Carolina's defense is much better than what those teams have to offer.

I had a long paragraph pointing out how ignorant this post is but decided to scrap it and just ask if you want to bet money on us scoring more than 13 pts. Put your money where your mouth is.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Cardinals success will depend on how healthy Carson Palmer's finger is. I had no idea he had hurt the index finger on his throwing arm until the Packers game last week. That's a huge deal for any QB.

635891690652015573-palmer.jpg

If he has any sort of pain and/or it affects his ability to throw the ball the Panthers defense will probably get at least two turnovers and control the game with a solid running game from Cam and Jonathan Stewart.

You could tell last week Carson didn't have the zip on his passes. His stat line was certainly decent with 3 TDs and 300 + yards but he had those two stupid picks. Larry Fitzgerald had to put the team on his back last week.

If he throws those two INTs against the Panthers the Cardinals will lose.

Going to wait to see what the weather conditions are in both games later this morning, but in the AFC I'm leaning towards the Patriots.

"Never bet against the Bill Bellichick and Tom Brady Patriots."

Either way we have two great football games today.

Probably the last Peyton v. Brady matchup and what will probably be an exciting defensive matchup (and offensive for that matter depending on the weather conditions) by two teams who have never won a Super Bowl.

Massa

NO

Brock knows this is it for Manning and it's his team/job (to lose) next year, so I doubt he wants to see Manning go out by getting embarrassed.

They may embarrass him in the first half but then he will have two quarters to regain some dignity while the Panthers celebrate their win.

Yeah it will be a matter of weathering the storm the first half as the teams are polar opposites in that respect. The Panthers start hot and we almost always start slow and play much better in the second half, the 4th quarter in particular. Back when we were going to play the Eagles I mentioned to a member of Eagle GAF to not get excited if they were ahead at half or the game was close because we do our work in the second half.

Both teams are going to address their mistakes from last week. The Panthers took their foot off the gas and it almost cost them the game. Rivera said they won't do that again. The Cardinals had that issue I already mentioned, Palmer having mad jitters and playing the game too safe and it bit us in the ass and nearly cost us the game. Both Palmer and Arians said that won't happen again and we will be far more aggressive this week, back to how we've been all season. I honestly don't think it's the finger, just that monkey he had on the back. Both teams should play hard and aggressive. It really comes down to two things: Can the Cards contain the Panthers run game? and Can our OL buy Palmer time to throw? If these answers are yes, we win comfortably. If not, we're in trouble. Like you I think the game could be decided by a FG but we shall see.

KingBroly

Banned
It is Peyton's year!

If Denver faces Arizona, Denver's winning in the most painfully obvious fixed Super Bowl for one player ever so he can have a happy ending like...

Former Denver QB John Elway
Former Steelers RB Jerome Bettis (in his hometown!)
Former 2-time Champ/Murderer LB Rey Lewis (Bonus Antler Spray beneficionado)

Hindl

I just wanna see Cam win cause fuck the haters. Just like when Seattle won it two years ago.

Yeah at the same time I wanna see Bruce get his owl. Carson too. Carolina Is my second choice tho. I want either NFC team to take it. It would also be funny because then the media would've hyped up one last Manning V Brady game only for it not to matter in the long run

Euron

The Cardinals success will depend on how healthy Carson Palmer's finger is. I had no idea he had hurt the index finger on his throwing arm until the Packers game last week. That's a huge deal for any QB.

If he has any sort of pain and/or it affects his ability to throw the ball the Panthers defense will probably get at least two turnovers and control the game with a solid running game from Cam and Jonathan Stewart.

You could tell last week Carson didn't have the zip on his passes. His stat line was certainly decent with 3 TDs and 300 + yards but he had those two stupid picks. Larry Fitzgerald had to put the team on his back last week.

If he throws those two INTs against the Panthers the Cardinals will lose.

Going to wait to see what the weather conditions are in both games later this morning, but in the AFC I'm leaning towards the Patriots.

"Never bet against the Bill Bellichick and Tom Brady Patriots."

Either way we have two great football games today.

Probably the last Peyton v. Brady matchup and what will probably be an exciting defensive matchup (and offensive for that matter depending on the weather conditions) by two teams who have never won a Super Bowl.
Larry and DJ will lead the Cardinals to victory against the Seahawks Mk 2. Broncos wear down the Pats in a field they're historically the worst at and Emmanuel Sanders has the game of his career. Carson Palmer then flounders in the Super Bowl and Peyton Manning rides into the sunset with a Super Bowl win.

Palmer throws 3 interceptions and the Cardinals get massacred. Broncos don't get a single TD and the Pats are up 20 pts by halftime. Cam steamrolls the Pats during Super Bowl 50. Thousands of people claim to be lifelong Panthers fans.

Panthers by 3 touchdowns , probably 2 since everyone be shook
Fitz will actually face a decent defense :p

Pats by 3 points
Don't trust the pats run defense but dont trust peyton since he will ttry to take shots down the field x stupid pass, just run run pass or any combination of that to win

SHOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom