• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
Sorry, it was actually the Eagles game (Week 15), right before that one. Towards the end of the game, I think.

Palmer, Arians, Keim, and even Warner were talking all week about how it's not the finger, so, they haven't been making excuses. =/

I mean...if I had an injury and it was affecting my playing ability, the first thing I would say is it's not the injury affecting my playing ability.

I mean...if I had an injury and it was affecting my playing ability, the first thing I would say is it's not the injury affecting my playing ability.

That's fair. But Warner and other pundits have generally attributed it to nerves. As mentioned earlier, he was making great throws in the game, the INTs were bad decisions more than bad throws (in my opinion).

bionic77

I think one of Palmer's problems is that his chin strap is too tight. Anyone else notice that?
He definitely had a lack of air supply against the Packers. An inability to breathe like something was blocking it....

Rando/RBH what is the medical term for this problem?

Panthers took the tarp off the field to air it out about 17 hours later than they originally planned.

CZf1kaHWcAIqRRx.jpg:large

Sorry, it was actually the Eagles game (Week 15), right before that one. Towards the end of the game, I think.

Palmer, Arians, Keim, and even Warner were talking all week about how it's not the finger, so, they haven't been making excuses. =/

I originally wrote Eagles and then googled to double check and saw something that said it was the Packers game. Blame the Internet!

KingBroly

Banned
That's fair. But Warner and other pundits have generally attributed it to nerves. As mentioned earlier, he was making great throws in the game, the INTs were bad decisions more than bad throws (in my opinion).

I think Warner is always going to come to the defense of the QB and shy away from injury. While he was great, I just can't agree with him that it was psychological and not physical. And even if it is psychological, it's still going to pop up again the more the stakes are raised.

Godslay

Banned
Just as usual, I've been pretty much ignoring all the prediction bullshit, because you can't say predict without dick, and that's what all these "experts" can eat a big bowl of.

It's football. You can't predict shit. I'm not sure how many people are actually are 100% convinced the Pats are gonna win this game. I sure am not convinced (but I'm a pessimist by heart).

The game can go a lot of different ways. I feel like the Pats have a clear advantage in the personnel groups of QB,TE and at the HC position. I'm sorry but Peyton is not the same anymore, and neither is Brady, but you can't deny he is superior to him (at this point at least). And well, you can call Bill a cheater or whatever, but nobody can argue Kubiak is better than Bill. And well Gronk is Gronk.

The Broncos have the superior WR group, the better D and O-line, and RBs especially with the injuries the Pats have experienced (not an excuse, you guys have had injuries too, but let's be real here).

I guess the secondary groups could be viewed as equals, depending on if Harris is playing.

Now add that we play in Denver, which has not been kind to us, and this game is a total toss up.

I don't understand how you can act like nobody gives the Broncos a shot. It's just setting yourself up again, just like the last time, which if I recall correctly, you won.

Nobody is giving the Broncos a shot, it's all over the place and from what I've seen here and in other places the game is already over. It's not my fault you've been ignoring it, then blame me as I'm perpetrating some kind of set up. It's just the way it is. They are home underdogs and that's fine.

FTF

Real Americans and non-Trump supporters want a Broncos-Cardinals SB

Real American and Trump hater checking in...go Pats and would be more than happy with a Pats-Panthers Super Bowl.

Nobody is giving the Broncos a shot, it's all over the place and from what I've seen here and in other places the game is already over. It's not my fault you've been ignoring it, then blame me as I'm perpetrating some kind of set up. It's just the way it is. They are home underdogs and that's fine.

Just because most are picking the Pats to win, doesn't mean they're not giving them a shot. I think they have a very good chance to win, and am only predicting Pats win 24-20.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Real American and Trump hater checking in...go Pats and would be more than happy with a Pats-Panthers Super Bowl.

When Trump is there hoisting the trophy with Brady you'll think differently like the rest of your unwashed brethren and gatas.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
And here I thought you were my friend

We are friends but you make poor choices.

While I question walking around shirtless in a Dutch winter, I respect your free spirited nature. I can't abide by your poor decision to root for the Pats however. Might as well cheer for Bayern Munich while you're at it.

KingBroly

Banned
Goodell wants a Panthers/Patriots Super Bowl for their BIGGEST SUPER BOWL EVER, Super Bowl GOLDEN FIFTY

While Goodell hates the Patriots, he recognizes their drawing power. Not only that, as returning Champions, they draw more for the prospect of a repeat since they last repeated. Brady is also better than Peyton HGH Forehead Manning right now in the eyes of the public since it'd mean screwing over Goodell who tried all offseason to screw them over.

Then you have the Panthers. Cam Newton has made the NFL want to buy/trademark dabbing for themselves it's become so popular. Not to mention Cam gives all those perfectly inflated Footballs to little children. Remember kids, if a football player doesn't give you the ball after scoring a Touchdown, he literally hates children.

In terms of the matchup, it'd be a rematch of one of THE BEST SUPER BOWLS OF ALL TIME, Super Bowl 38, this time without the Bojangles chucking maestro, Jake Delhomme. Not to mention the lack of Hateful Football Kicker, Adam Vinateri.

Godslay

Banned
Just because most are picking the Pats to win, doesn't mean they're not giving them a shot. I think they have a very good chance to win, and am only predicting Pats win 24-20.

Fair enough, like I said it's all crystal balls at this point.

Doesn't change the fact that they're home underdogs, by the vast majority of accounts.

Which is fine, because they aren't a front running team anyways.

Goodell wants a Panthers/Patriots Super Bowl for their BIGGEST SUPER BOWL EVER, Super Bowl GOLDEN FIFTY

While Goodell hates the Patriots, he recognizes their drawing power. Not only that, as returning Champions, they draw more for the prospect of a repeat since they last repeated. Brady is also better than Peyton HGH Forehead Manning right now in the eyes of the public since it'd mean screwing over Goodell who tried all offseason to screw them over.

Then you have the Panthers. Cam Newton has made the NFL want to buy/trademark dabbing for themselves it's become so popular. Not to mention Cam gives all those perfectly inflated Footballs to little children. Remember kids, if a football player doesn't give you the ball after scoring a Touchdown, he literally hates children.

In terms of the matchup, it'd be a rematch of one of THE BEST SUPER BOWLS OF ALL TIME, Super Bowl 38, this time without the Bojangles chucking maestro, Jake Delhomme. Not to mention the lack of Hateful Football Kicker, Adam Vinateri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgIlTyCiVYQ

Hunter S.

d09tsIz.gif

Tired of hearing how bad the Broncos will lose today.

Tired of hearing how if the Broncos manage to pull off a miracle win at home as underdogs they'll get blown out in the Superbowl.

Both scenarios could very well work out to be true, but no game was ever won on paper.

Go Broncos.

Yeah, not worth reading this year. So many times the Broncos were heavy favorites I got hyped and they lost. Things can swing any way.

Hopefully Manning wins it all and retires on a high note. Screw Cam and Palmer, although I wouldn't mind Larry getting a ring or Cam losing on the biggest stage.

Also fuck the pats the most.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If the NFL was scripted, they'd have gone with Packers and Chiefs.

That'd be the most hyped shit ever. You'd spend two weeks discussing the history and heritage of the game. It would have boosted the overall brand by reminding people of where football has come from.

They'll do that anyway but the matchup will be more "forward looking" than retro.

Cardinals in the Super Bowl could work since they're the oldest team though.

KingBroly

Banned
If the NFL was scripted, they'd have gone with Packers and Chiefs.

That'd be the most hyped shit ever. You'd spend two weeks discussing the history and heritage of the game. It would have boosted the overall brand by reminding people of where football has come from.

They'll do that anyway but the matchup will be more "forward looking" than retro.

Cardinals in the Super Bowl could work since they're the oldest team though.

Top QB of the last 15 years vs. Top QB of the next 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom