• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

CYdBaXnUsAA8wQQ.png:large

6e7f07a2de22969fae97ed393fcbddf8.jpg

harSon

Banned
It's a shame they didn't have concussion protocols when kas was an all-american high school football recruit. I'm afraid he's already showing symptoms of CTE :(

Doomsayer

I have no idea why Kas is harping that if Brown passes the concussion protocol he wasn't really concussed.

This happens literally every week. Just because Jahvid Best and Mathis went on IR because of their concussions does not mean that is the norm. Such a strange fucking argument.

Cornbread78

I agree with you that there is also no defense for Shazier's hit.

The refs fucked up and if they had called that correctly and the Bungles scored there and went on to win he could have been the goat today instead of Burfict.

I think it is obvious that Burfict is in the conversation for dirtiest player in the league. I won't go into which hit was dirtier in the game, they were both dirty and I can't believe the refs didn't call the Shazier play along with many other dirty plays from both teams. I will say that Burfict's play was unquestionably stupider. The idiot had just won the game wit his INT and they may still have won with Ben being in total gimp mode if he could just ignore his instinct to murder Brown. If he pulls up I seriously question whether or not we make enough plays to get into FG range. Instead he gifts us the game. One of the dumbest plays ever.

Very true. Both were bang bang plays, I do think Shazier had more time and ability to plan his point of attack, but Burfict's hit was just plain stupid.

I still want to know what Jones said to get the second 15 yard penalty.

BigAT

I have no idea why Kas is harping that if Brown passes the concussion protocol he wasn't really concussed.

This happens literally every week. Just because Jahvid Best and Mathis went on IR because of their concussions does not mean that is the norm. Such a strange fucking argument.

Did you even play high school football?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Some are saying Brown is going to pass the protocol with ease.

He's in it, but from what the sounds of it he's going to play.

Then he faked the injury as Adam "Pacman"
Jones just said an hour ago.

I have no dog in this fight and when you have a divisional rivalry going on, I'd personally go anyway between the rule books to win as a player and for my team.

Antonio Brown should not be playing this weekend given his concussion status, but at the very least some Steeler coaches should be suspended for the Broncos game. That means both Joey Porter and Mike Munchak.

Rashean Mathis, our #2 DB, had his season shutdown after a Week 7 concussion. You can't judge unless you're in that persons shoes but Rashean's concussion was, from video, not as bad as Antonio Brown's fake concussion.

If we're going to start the drumbeats for next season and Vontaze Burfict being suspended then the discussion needs to start about suspending Joey Porter and Mike Munchak this weekend against the Broncos.

If the NFL really cares about NFL health and safety no way in hell Antonio Brown plays.

Right?

Right???

No, Antonio Brown faked/exaggerated his injuries. Then a Steelers defensive legend, Joey Porter, ran onto the field instigating and pushing players he used to play against.

Suspend:

Coach Joey Porter
Coach Mike Mike Mike, whatever bitchmade dude grabbed another mans hair

For the sake of player safety:

Shut down Antonio Brown for the rest of the playoffs because the NFL cares about player safety and health.

No way you can let a football player play after such a vicious hit from "thug" Vontaze Burfict, right?

Never mind the fact that Coach Joey Porter would've done the exact same thing and has done the exact same thing when he himself played.

The defense of the Steelers actions from the organization, to the NFL, to the Steeler fans themselves is mind boggling.

This is the offseason thread, I don't know why plebs are talking about divisional matchups

So...we really rolling with Mallet week 1, huh :'[

Implying AB faked that reaction (which was terrifying to watch on TV) is one of the shittier things I've seen in this thread in a long time. And that's saying something.

spyder_ur

Brown will play no doubt, and it will be just another mark in the hypocrisy column with regards to the NFL and brain damage; akin to when last year on the biggest television stage in the world Julian Edelman got up after another uncalled helmet to helmet hit and Collinsworth said he was bothered by his hip.

Line_HTX

Very true. Both were bang bang plays, I do think Shazier had more time and ability to plan his point of attack, but Burfict's hit was just plain stupid.

I still want to know what Jones said to get the second 15 yard penalty.

I couldn't see well, but they said that Jones pushed an official while trying to go after Joey Porter? Someone clarify please.

harSon

Banned
Implying AB faked that reaction (which was terrifying to watch on TV) is one of the shittier things I've seen in this thread in a long time. And that's saying something.

I like how it would have been difficult for Burfict to react to Brown not catching the ball and being defenseless considering the high speed of the game, but within that same window of time - Brown is able to realize that he's about to be hit in the head and fake his body going lifeless a split second after impact.

Cornbread78

I couldn't see well, but they said that Jones pushed an official while trying to go after Joey Porter? Someone clarify please.

Oh Joey Porter? There's another long lost punk, lol.

I like how it would have been difficult for Burfict to react to Brown not catching the ball and being defenseless considering the high speed of the game, but within that same window of time - Brown is able to realize that he's about to be hit in the head and fake his body going lifeless a split second after impact.

Nah, that was some scary $hit. I don't think anyone can believe anything PAcman says unless he's talking about his off-season nights with hookers and blow.

BigAT

Haven't the Steelers been through enough without being accused of faking injuries? Look at this disgusting hit:

http://www.twitch.tv/bigehtee/v/34793926

Sickening. And it wasn't even flagged!

Funnily enough, the game said his injury was "muscle cramps" and I put him immediately back into the game. Digital Steelers medical staff just like the real thing.

I have no dog in this fight and when you have a divisional rivalry going on, I'd personally go anyway between the rule books to win as a player and for my team.

Antonio Brown should not be playing this weekend given his concussion status, but at the very least some Steeler coaches should be suspended for the Broncos game. That means both Joey Porter and Mike Munchak.

Rashean Mathis, our #2 DB, had his season shutdown after a Week 7 concussion. You can't judge unless you're in that persons shoes but Rashean's concussion was, from video, not as bad as Antonio Brown's fake concussion.

If we're going to start the drumbeats for next season and Vontaze Burfict being suspended then the discussion needs to start about suspending Joey Porter and Mike Munchak this weekend against the Broncos.

If the NFL really cares about NFL health and safety no way in hell Antonio Brown plays.

Right?

Right???

No, Antonio Brown faked/exaggerated his injuries. Then a Steelers defensive legend, Joey Porter, ran onto the field instigating and pushing players he used to play against.

Suspend:

Coach Joey Porter

Shut down Antonio Brown for the rest of the playoffs because the NFL cares about player safety and health.

No way you can let a football player play after such a vicious hit from "thug" Vontaze Burfict, right?

Never mind the fact that Coach Joey Porter would've done the exact same thing and has done the exact same thing when he himself played.

The defense of the Steelers actions from the organization, to the NFL, to the Steeler fans themselves is mind boggling.

giphy.gif

Godslay

Banned

Right?

Right???

Suspend:

Coach Joey Porter

There's a lot of pieces here.

Let's say that Brown is faking it. That's a hell of a move, simply because he struck the Bengals right where their weakness is. Burfict has been doing this dumb shit all year long, and Brown saved the death stroke in the most important play of either of their seasons thus far. It's masterful if planned. Nobody is going to believe Pacman or Burfict with their lack of credibility and the public perception of them. So if he faked it, kudos to him, that was a smart play.

If he was legitimately blown up and is hurt they should take all the precautions to make sure he can play. I'd say the same for any player. Second Impact Syndrome is a hell of a thing, and I'd hate for it to happen to anyone. So they should be careful and not skirt the rules.

As far as the coaching stuff? There were plenty of Bengal's coaches on the field too. Players need to manage their emotions, and play smart. Otherwise we'll see stuff like Talib, or Burfict, or any of the other players that can't control themselves.

Really only the HC and medical staff should be able to be on the field in a situation like that. Players should have to go to the sideline too imo. Especially in games where it's chippy like that.

jakncoke

Banned
Well im convinced Antonio Brown for 2024! Im voting whos with me he faked a injury he can fake the country not sucking!

MechDX

Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac 1h1 hour ago
Another nice Burfict moment: After G David DeCastro pancaked him into end zone, Burfict got up and said, 'Watch your knees."

Cornbread78

Another nice Burfict moment: After G David DeCastro pancaked him into end zone, Burfict got up and said, 'Watch your knees."

Do we really think that was all that was said? I talked more $hit than that and I wasn't even close to being a great player. The stuff said in a CoD lobby, is literally, child's play compared to a football field...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
As a football player I don't care if you played Pee Wee, High School or NFL you do not fake an injury.

Vontaze Burfict led with his helmet, right?

antonio-brown-vontaze-burfict-adam-jones.jpe

Not even close.

And even if he did that's a 15 yard penalty. Fine.

Then Joey Porter runs onto the field and goes directly into the faces of Bengals defenders, and not checking on Antonio Brown's health like the whole organization and fanbase made it seem.

Joey-Porter.jpg

What the hell was DC Joey Porter doing on the field, getting into Bengals defensive players faces?

He was not concerned with Antonio Brown's health.

He ran onto the field to run his mouth and try to instigate Bengal defenders.

He had no business being on the field and should've been flagged as such.

Line_HTX

Do we really think that was all that was said? I talked more $hit than that and I wasn't even close to being a great player. The stuff said in a CoD lobby, is literally, child's play compared to a football field...

What position did you play? You could've been a great weeb player on field!

XD

squicken

Porter definitely went on the field to start shit. Munchak was trying to provoke that guy on the sidelines. The Steelers obviously had a team-wide plan to provoke the Bengals into dumb penalties. That's smart. But do you want to watch games like that? League needs to get these things stopped before they start, and that means going after the guys instigating stuff

effzee

Meh. Burfict is a shithead but I bet a lot worse is said all the time.

Plus that play itself was excessive by Decastro and could have been called for unnecessary roughness.

Top Bottom