• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

110414-NFL-cowboys-jerry-jones-honored-ahn-PI.vadapt.620.high.17.jpg

e:

Imagine if Johnny Magicziel was his QB

Godslay

Banned
I think I do recall Manning thanking the Broncos organization on many occasions.

That's right, and until Tabris bows his head in reverence and pledges his allegiance to the Broncos winning no matter who starts at QB, he will forever be alone in his cramped apartment rubbing one out to pics of Archie's old balls.

cdyhybrid

After turning it over in my head a few times, I think I've come up with a more succinct way of expressing my gripe with the issue:

The Steelers make a living out of toeing the line between physical and dirty, but when they do occasionally cross the line (inevitable when you do that sort of thing), they feign innocence and try to justify it and play themselves off as a classy organization. Just own it. You're the team of Ward, Harrison, Porter etc. You can't be bullies and choir boys at the same time.

Burfict's stuff was pretty cut and dry dirty, not really any nuance to be had there.

Doomsayer

I've never seen Harson post this much before

He posts a lot. It's always about the Steelers being trash, or being great.

He also likes to talk shit on all California teams.

After turning it over in my head a few times, I think I've come up with a more succinct way of expressing my gripe with the issue:

The Steelers make a living out of toeing the line between physical and dirty, but when they do occasionally cross the line (inevitable when you do that sort of thing), they feign innocence and try to justify it and play themselves off as a classy organization. Just own it. You're the team of Ward, Harrison, Porter etc. You can't be bullies and choir boys at the same time.

Burfict's stuff was pretty cut and dry dirty, not really any nuance to be had there.

This is pretty much how it goes. It seems like everyone forgives Hines for being dirty because he always did it with a huge smile.

jakncoke

Banned
He posts a lot. It's always about the Steelers being trash, or being great.

He also likes to talk shit on all California teams.

This is pretty much how it goes. It seems like everyone forgives Hines for being dirty because he always did it with a huge smile.

He lives there so has to hear nonsense eastern hate even tho we the greatest on the daily

bionic77

635878806468307189-05-Pagano-Colts-1-.jpg

Photo of Irsay during the announcement of Pagano's 4 year extension.
Looks like he is getting blown under the table like that scene in police academy and just finished when they took that picture.

God your owner is always in the conversation of biggest dirtbag owner in sports.

jbug617

Banned
Why do the Giants have to give permission to have Coughlin interview? I thought he is a FA now.

Also Edelman talking to the press today for the first time since his injury earlier in the year. Says he is not going to hold back and if it gets hurt again so be it.

Draxal

Why do the Giants have to give permission to have Coughlin interview? I thought he is a FA now.

Also Edelman talking to the press today for the first time since his injury earlier in the year. Says he is not going to hold back and if it gets hurt again so be it.

He wasn't fired, he resigned.

Then I'd be 6'8-6'9 Brock Osweiller status and not a defensive end.

Of course the coach made Kas play the simplest position on the entire field, the poor guy knew trying to explain football to him would have been a waste of his time.

CYdxYkyWYAEBsMm.jpg

@GREATBLACKOTAKU reborn

No sooner had he met Bread than he was cut and his football career was over.

More proof that Bread is the worst and we should all endeavour to steer cleer of him.

Hunter S.

That's right, and until Tabris bows his head in reverence and pledges his allegiance to the Broncos winning no matter who starts at QB, he will forever be alone in his cramped apartment rubbing one out to pics of Archie's old balls.

Trabris's Manning seed fetish is quite freaky, disgusting and illegal in the US, but not Canada.

harSon

Banned

Everyone forgives Hines because it was basically open season on receivers for much of his career, and he was one of the few examples of a receiver who didn't shy away from contact. Helmet to helmet, defenseless hits and blind sides were common on the defensive side of the end during that time.

If you're going to retroactively define a player by today's standards, then there's a long list of dirty NFL players out there. It seems like players who came into the league in the late 90's/early 00's when hard hitting was still glorified are focused on specifically, since their careers spilled over into the concussion era and career long habits had already been formed.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You dont have to lead with the helmet for that to be a penalty. You are confused.

I didn't state otherwise. Burfict should have gotten that flag, at the same time so should have Coach Joey Porter negating the flag and making it a replay of downs.

Don't even move the chains, the fact you have a Steelers coach running onto the field shoving opponents, especially considering the Steelers coaching history, is enough to negate the penalty and make it a replay of downs.

And like I said, since we're going by this new concussion protocol, no way Antonio Brown plays this weekend unless he was faking an injury which his what Pac Man Jones was saying. And looking at the replay I'm going to believe Adam Jones.

harSon

Banned
Can you imagine if it had been AJ Hawk who had hit Brown?

I hate Burfict more than any defensive player in this league not named Suggs. I see where you're trying to go with this though. I bet AJ Hawk wouldn't have been referred to as a thug nearly as much as Burfict has though :D

I've never seen Harson post this much before

If the Steelers reach the Super Bowl, I'll dig deep and bring back vintage harSon - and even try and refine it to reach my final form!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

And this is bad, why? Jeremy Hill is playing a rivalry game and talking shit back to the Steelers.

william-gay-joey-porter.jpg

That's your defensive coach. And what does this have to do with the obvious biased calls against the Bengals?

Joey Porter has a long history in the NFL as a player and now as a coach. He had no business being on the field.

Fuck the Steelers

Fuck the Packers

harSon

Banned
Is how I feel right now reading Kas' posts, how you guys felt over the years reading mine? I apologize. I think some self-reflection and reform is in order.

Spinluck

Oh my god I'm dying lol

Looks like he is getting blown under the table like that scene in police academy and just finished when they took that picture.

God your owner is always in the conversation of biggest dirtbag owner in sports.

I learned a lot of valuable things from Jimmy who had such a hard life being filthy rich the day he was born.

And that is, when life gives you a shit ton of money, use it on drugs, booze, and running once in a generation talent QBs into the ground.

Guy is just skating on by. He's a mediocre coach, and one of the reasons I feel so damn confident when the Pats face the Steelers. His team was just as undisciplined. Even worse it wasn't from the players, but the coaches. I'm also inclined to believe that he knew and sanctioned it since it was the coaches who were starting shit for the Steelers. Two coaches stepped out of line for the Steelers and not a single person is pointing fingers at Tomlin because the Bengals choked so badly.

Munchak shouldn't be touching players, should have just gotten in front of the punk and told him to pound sound. But answer me this about the play:

BrownThunderousEeve.gif

After Todman runs into his own bench, where the fuck is Nelson headed? Why is he walking towards Todman and the Steeler bench? To do what exactly? Play is over Bra, turn the fuck around and get the hell out.

Salaadin

I didn't state otherwise. Burfict should have gotten that flag, at the same time so should have Coach Joey Porter negating the flag and making it a replay of downs.

Don't even move the chains, the fact you have a Steelers coach running onto the field shoving opponents, especially considering the Steelers coaching history, is enough to negate the penalty and make it a replay of downs.

And like I said, since we're going by this new concussion protocol, no way Antonio Brown plays this weekend unless he was faking an injury which his what Pac Man Jones was saying. And looking at the replay I'm going to believe Adam Jones.

I swear, you get worse the more you post. Porter was shoving players now? And watching Antonio Brown completely flop like a bag of bones equals Adam Jones being correct?

And you don't get to make your own rules. Players pass concussion protocol in a less than a week all the time. It's not right but it's the way things are. If Brown plays next week, it doesn't mean he faked it.

The fact that you're using the word of Adam Jones to support your argument says everything about your argument.

TheFatOne

Munchak shouldn't be touching players, should have just gotten in front of the punk and told him to pound sound. But answer me this about the play:

BrownThunderousEeve.gif

After Todman runs into his own bench, where the fuck is Nelson headed? Why is he walking towards Todman and the Steeler bench? To do what exactly? Play is over Bra, turn the fuck around and get the hell out.

Are you being serious? Guys chirp on tackles near the sideline to each other all the fucking time. It's an extremely common occurrence. Happens in every single game of the year. That isn't new. I can pretty much pick any game of the year from any team and find that happening. Hilarious you even bringing it up.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas is, shockingly, delusional and making shit up to fit his narrative.

What narrative? I have no dog in this fight.

porter.0.gif

Take me out of the debate, what the fuck is Joey Porter running onto the field running his mouth for?

Do you have an answer for that or is it just ":kas :jnc"?

I understand a heated match with your divisional opponents but Joey Porter should have gotten a personal foul negating the Burfict hit.

At least Vontaze Burfict's hit could be interpreted in a couple of way likes the play going 110 MPH.

There is no excuse for Joey Porter running onto the field talking trash, especially what happened in the first quarter.

grab-2016-01-09-19h49m09s222.png

But let's demonize Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones just because we can amirite

BigAT

Each one of Kas' posts always feels like it is going to end with, "Besides, we all know jet fuel can't melt steel beams."

Coaches allowed to run onto the field during an injury timeout. Actually happens all the time. Maybe Porter said some smack talk, but Burfict sort of lunged at him so as to get in his face... which is going to get a flag.

Top Bottom