• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

squicken

hahahahahahahaaha

HOLY FUCK

Pac 12 officials are doing the national championship game?!?!?

The most mind boggling thing that has happened all year involving officiating? Why would you put the worst group of officials in charge of the biggest game?

Whoa what is this filmroom and why do I have such a raging boner from all this football discussion in it?
Yeah they've been doing it the last few years. personally I don't want to watch the whole game like that live. I'll switch sometimes, like for halftime now.

eznark

Banned
The most mind boggling thing that has happened all year involving officiating? Why would you put the worst group of officials in charge of the biggest game?

I mean, it's like the one thing in the world college football fans aren't tribally defensive about and the only thing everyone who watches football agrees on: Pac 12 refs are the worst officials of any sport on the planet earth.

I mean, it's like the one thing in the world college football fans aren't tribally defensive about and the only thing everyone who watches football agrees on: Pac 12 refs are the worst officials of any sport on the planet earth.
They make NBA refs seem competent... That's how bad they are.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah they've been doing it the last few years. personally I don't want to watch the whole game like that live. I'll switch sometimes, like for halftime now.

Ohhhh now I see. I had it on the national TSN (Canadian ESPN) channel. I thought they were doing the entire game like that, I just had to go to my local TSN channel to see the actual game.

bionic77

Too late.. He's on our radar now.

Besides you have Scott Tolzien at least.

Cultured people have clean asses.. So your kids are cultured..

I take your words to heart Bionic.
This is very true.

Speaking of which, any of you bums know about a good place to buy those heavenly Japanese toilets from?

I wish wirecutter or sweet home would review this shit...

This is very true.

Speaking of which, any of you bums know about a good place to buy those heavenly Japanese toilets from?

I wish wirecutter or sweet home would review this shit...

Someone listens to your lessons Bionic..

Also what the heck are you talking about? Japanese toilets?

effzee

Forgot about that Pederson question.

Go back and watch some of those "Guys who played with Favre" features NFL Films used to make and you'll get an idea of why I like him so much as an offensive mind. It gives you some insight into the types of things Favre, Holmgren, Reid, Wolf...all guys I respect immensely, were saying about Pederson his entire time in Green Bay and after.

He's sort of my favorite type of football coach. A guy who had the game knowledge to do everything but couldn't quite hack it physically. He was integral to coaching up Favre and those wonderful GB offenses. There is a reason they brought him back when he 35 years old after his first stint. Favre found him invaluable. He understands offense, he understands the position, and he has been in a multitude of different systems so I'm super interested to see what he would do with his own squad.

I'm not terribly concerned that he isn't calling the plays. Reid is one of the best offensive coaches of the generation. Saying Pederson isn't better than him at calling plays yet really isn't a knock. Plus, you'd be hiring him to be the head coach not the play caller.

Calling plays is such an overrated aspect of the offensive coordinator. Anyone can do it. The important work is done in the off-season and during prep. That's why I am terrified of losing Tom Clements and why losing Philbin was such a massive blow.

By that same token wouldn't McAdoo be high on that list?

As for what you mentioned, I also agree calling plays isn't the only factor to determine HC material but in Pederson's case what I find odd is that only the Eagles seem to consider him. Not even seriously but just that no one else is even remotely interested. And it worries me that this all stems from Lurie going completely opposite Reid afte 14 seasons and now wanting to reclaim or recreate a similar team, environment, and "emotional intelligence".

Pederson might be invaluable to QBs and understand the position but I just don't see HC material. Then again who knows. It isn't exact science and Reid was in a similar boat before Lurie took a chance on him so many years ago. But that seemed like a calculated risk after proper research. This seems desperate, especially when more qualified and respected candidates are available.

Well this could also just mean they won't plan on interviewing anyone tomorrow or days after cause of the owners meetings.

But could also mean what I suspect and fear that no one is interested in the job really mainly cause of Howie, but considering that absolutely no one has interest in Pederson besides the Eagles, they have made up their mind on him.

Was it ever confirmed if they interviewed Austin? And Ian Rappa earlier tweeted that they were going to schedule Paul Guenther. Lot of positive buzz around him and I have seen him compared to Zimmer. Its pathetic the Eagles aren't either interviewing or seriously considering anyone who coaches D primarily.

I have basically accepted that 80% chance Pederson is the guy. Why they even bothered to interview Tom is beyond me.

Forgot about that Pederson question.

Go back and watch some of those "Guys who played with Favre" features NFL Films used to make and you'll get an idea of why I like him so much as an offensive mind. It gives you some insight into the types of things Favre, Holmgren, Reid, Wolf...all guys I respect immensely, were saying about Pederson his entire time in Green Bay and after.

He's sort of my favorite type of football coach. A guy who had the game knowledge to do everything but couldn't quite hack it physically. He was integral to coaching up Favre and those wonderful GB offenses. There is a reason they brought him back when he 35 years old after his first stint. Favre found him invaluable. He understands offense, he understands the position, and he has been in a multitude of different systems so I'm super interested to see what he would do with his own squad.

I'm not terribly concerned that he isn't calling the plays. Reid is one of the best offensive coaches of the generation. Saying Pederson isn't better than him at calling plays yet really isn't a knock. Plus, you'd be hiring him to be the head coach not the play caller.

Calling plays is such an overrated aspect of the offensive coordinator. Anyone can do it. The important work is done in the off-season and during prep. That's why I am terrified of losing Tom Clements and why losing Philbin was such a massive blow.
Thank you for this, I was legitimately curious what you liked about him.

RBH

I still think the most likely scenario is the Chargers and Rams moving to Los Angeles, with one of the most golden of parachutes being set up for the Raiders to return to Oakland with the makings of a sweet stadium deal for them in the East Bay. “Whoever is not going to Los Angeles,” said one official familiar with the league’s thinking, “will be generously taken care of. The league will create a safety net for that team.”
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/10/blair-walsh-minnesota-vikings-nfl-playoffs-wild-card

bionic77

Someone listens to your lessons Bionic..

Also what the heck are you talking about? Japanese toilets?
I am not sure if that is what they are called. They are popular in most of Asia from what I recall.

Basically it has an automatic arm that cleans your asshole with water and then dries it. I believe they usually have heated seats and can often eject some perfume to mask the crime.

From everything I have read about them they are future of dump technology and I mean to have one for my own. I don't want to keep wiping my ass like a caveman for the rest of my life.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
man those things are legit. butt warmers, bidets (with warm water), some with air fresheners. self cleaning. american toilets are like 1970s american autos

As a red-blooded American, my ass is tough enough to stand up to the rigors of icy seats and toilet paper.

Top Bottom