• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

bionic77

Only place I'd take her is
tumblr_li520dHoam1qf2ar3o1_r1_500.gif
None for me or DM or the rest of us?

You know damn well it ain't no fun if the homies can't have none!

As an honest and fair man, these are my thoughts on the matter.

The Steelers were dirty. Shazier should have been penalized.

Burfict deserved the 15 yard penalty and suspensions

Pacman Jones did not. Joey Porter probably did.

At best, the Steelers should have been set up for a 50 yard field goal to win the game. At worst, the penalties should have offset.

This did not happen. The Bengals will have to live with this. This is a crooked league after all.

The Pats are the real enemy. Transfer 2 games from Burficts suspension to Tom Brady in a show of good faith to the two legitimate fanbases involved in this situation.

Thank you for your time. This ruling is final.

This post is mostly correct.

Shazier should have been penalized. That hit was dirty. In fact, the dirty hit + the fact we got the ball just added insult to injury + Shazier acting like an assnugget on the sideline with that stupid William Gay bird dance or whatever the fuck it is. Normally a turnover will turn momentum in your favor, but all the above combined just incensed the Bengals and their fans and turned what was appearing to be a comfortable win into a circus. The refs missed this one.

They also missed the earlier one where they called a personal foul on the hit on Wheaton. That was actually a clean--but hard--hit.

They also fucked up by not calling offsetting penalties on Porter, who had no business on the field, and Jones -- sorry, he still deserves a penalty for crashing into the ref.

Burfict surely deserved the personal foul... regardless of whether Brown was hurt or not. It was a clear defenseless player penalty. Even kas could see that
I'm stretching the truth there

The way I see it, all the Bengal fans are salty at the Steelers, and all the Steeler fans are salty at the Bengals, but it's clearly the refs who deserve the salt.

1. Bad call on Wheaton hit. Impact: negligible. Steelers kicked a FG on that trip anyway and probably still would have.

2. Bad call on Bernard/Shazier. Clearly helmet to helmet. The ensuing climate in the stadium turned riotous. Steelers probably coast if they actually call the penalty.

3. Bad call on not throwing a flag on Porter. Guess what? It's either a 50 yarder or we can still run a play with 18 seconds left. We likely still win.
kas logic

There were other bad calls. These were the important ones.

Good calls:
1. Munchak got 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct. GTFO with the suspension bullshit. The refs saw him grab Nelson's hair and flagged him for it. Done.

2. Burfict personal foul was clearly the right call. Done.

I'm not surprised Burfict got three games. This is his MO and it needs to stop.

I don't know what the league does for missed calls. The refs should be fined for missing the Shazier hit. Mike Carey should be fined for trying to sound like the refs made the right call. Jim Nantz should be fined for attempting to defend the call. Phil Simms should be fined... well, for being Phil Simms.

William Gay should be fined by Mike Tomlin every time he costs the team 15 yards in stupid-ass penalties for acting like a complete asshat. And that includes fining Gay if someone else on the team attempts to imitate Gay's stupid dance.

Chiclets, Floyd, I have to admit that if your teams were going to Denver I'd also be cheering for the Broncos. That's what we all do when rivals in the AFC North proceed. In some sense, we are bros in this, as awkward as that sounds.

But for the love of all that's holy, don't cheer for the Pats. Do what we all did when the Ravens and Pats met in the playoffs: cheer for the Mayans. A meteor impact would at least give you solace that you did all you could to avoid cheering for either a hated rival or the ultimate evil. And would likely save your soul.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions GM Bob Quinn: Jim Caldwell's fate is undetermined, and he won't be judged on 2015 alone

ALLEN PARK -- Many outside the organization thought the Detroit Lions would make a quick call on coach Jim Caldwell's future after hiring Bob Quinn as general manager Friday.

The thinking went they would either fire Caldwell and want to get started immediately on a coaching search, or choose to keep him and not leave him in public limbo.

But three days later, no decision has yet come down.

Quinn met with reporters Monday for the first time since Detroit hired him as GM, and said he's in no rush to determine who his coach is for the 2016 season.

"I need to get to know Jim," Quinn said after his introductory press conference in Allen Park on Monday afternoon. "I met Jim today for 30 seconds, so I don't have a good feel just yet. I've heard good things from my colleagues around the league, but it takes time.

"I'm not going to make a snap judgement on anything. That's not how I work."

Caldwell is the Lions' winningest coach (by percentage) since the Super Bowl, and guided the franchise to a playoff bid in his debut last year. But Detroit also stumbled out of the gate this year, losing seven of its first eight, and Caldwell has been on uncertain footing ever since.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/01/lions_gm_bob_quinn_jim_caldwel.html#incart_gallery

I see you Bob Quinn. Hopefully franchises like the Browns and 49ers are stupid enough to pass on Teryl Austin, sign Nick Saban helping us retain him for another year.

I think Austin gets a HC job somewhere, and deservedly so, but the teams seem to dwindle as the days go by giving me hope we retain Coach Austin for one more year.

I mean does it really want a shool who used to be called the Crimson Whites to win....Clemsen winning would make my UofL lost by field goal better.

Yes... Because that was then and this is now.

And it's not like Alabama was the most progressive school in it's history so we can safely cheer for Clemson without feeling scummy.

Top Bottom