• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Lions GM Bob Quinn: Jim Caldwell's fate is undetermined, and he won't be judged on 2015 alone

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/01/lions_gm_bob_quinn_jim_caldwel.html#incart_gallery

I see you Bob Quinn. Hopefully franchises like the Browns and 49ers are stupid enough to pass on Teryl Austin, sign Nick Saban helping us retain him for another year.

I think Austin gets a HC job somewhere, and deservedly so, but the teams seem to dwindle as the days go by giving me hope we retain Coach Austin for one more year.

Why not with Detroit. *shrugs*

squicken

Derrick Henry, Mark Ingram

CYfEf89UAAATOKW.jpg

eznark

Banned
Forgot about that Pederson question.

Go back and watch some of those "Guys who played with Favre" features NFL Films used to make and you'll get an idea of why I like him so much as an offensive mind. It gives you some insight into the types of things Favre, Holmgren, Reid, Wolf...all guys I respect immensely, were saying about Pederson his entire time in Green Bay and after.

He's sort of my favorite type of football coach. A guy who had the game knowledge to do everything but couldn't quite hack it physically. He was integral to coaching up Favre and those wonderful GB offenses. There is a reason they brought him back when he 35 years old after his first stint. Favre found him invaluable. He understands offense, he understands the position, and he has been in a multitude of different systems so I'm super interested to see what he would do with his own squad.

I'm not terribly concerned that he isn't calling the plays. Reid is one of the best offensive coaches of the generation. Saying Pederson isn't better than him at calling plays yet really isn't a knock. Plus, you'd be hiring him to be the head coach not the play caller.

Calling plays is such an overrated aspect of the offensive coordinator. Anyone can do it. The important work is done in the off-season and during prep. That's why I am terrified of losing Tom Clements and why losing Philbin was such a massive blow.

My friend shook Tom Brady's hand after tonight's showing of Star Wars at Showcase Superlux in Brookline. Him and Gilselle were there.

Just told my friend not to wash his hand until I get a chance to SMELL it.

Talon

Calling plays is such an overrated aspect of the offensive coordinator. Anyone can do it. The important work is done in the off-season and during prep. That's why I am terrified of losing Tom Clements and why losing Philbin was such a massive blow.
Yes, yes, yes.

You can call the best plays in the world, but if your guys can't actually execute, it doesn't matter for shit.

cdyhybrid

Correct.

But if NFL refs are bad, why wouldn't college refs be worse?

Probably cost Clemson 3 points.

They're Pac-12 refs too. Worst of the worst.

hahahahahahahaaha

HOLY FUCK

Pac 12 officials are doing the national championship game?!?!?

I still have no idea how it happened.

Whoa what is this filmroom and why do I have such a raging boner from all this football discussion in it?

They've been doing it the last few years, I believe. Definitely did it last year.

Top Bottom