• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

JABEE

Coughlin would not be surprising.

The McAdoo situation would. Saying he's going to be the next head coach would make it seem like a co-head coach situation.

I don't know how they would make that work.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jeremy Mincey: Would be tough for Cowboys to bring Greg Hardy back

In November, Hardy met with owner and general manager Jerry Jones after he was late to a number of meetings. Despite the warnings, Hardy never lost his starting spot or playing time. He finished the season with six sacks and earned roughly $8.8 million on the one-year deal he signed last March.

"He sits right beside me, so he's welcomed every day, you know what I mean? I have to deal with him, and being that you have to deal with him, I grew accustomed to a misunderstood person and I got to know him a little better than a lot of people did," Mincey said. "It was tough. It was tough. You know, you got this guy, who you want to be a leader, and then you got that guy. It was just too much."

I absolutely loved Xenoblade and my favorite part was the world and exploration so I think X is going to be right up my alley!

X triple downs on the world and exploration that was in the original Xenoblade. The world is massive and there's so much cool things to see and the world itself is gorgeous with a great variety in environment and music. It's by far my favorite open world of any game I've played.

If it's down to Pederson and Coughlin, I'd rather hire Pederson.

Though Coughlin would be just so weird and odd that it might be fun just to see. Especially since I live in NYC and my whole family are Giants fans.

Meh.

Thanks Howie!

It would put me in a position where I would actively root against Tom Coughlin which I dislike.

Even my love for the old man can't stand up to my hatred of the Eagles and well all of Philadelphia sports so I'll get over it. Parcells coached the Jets and Cowboys and Giants fans moved on. Shit happens. I'll live.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I should really get back to that. I only got probably 10 hours in before I visited my parents for Christmas, and since then the Steam Sale happened, giving me a shitton of new games to play.

Speaking of, if anyone hasn't played Ronin on Steam, they should check that shit out

Ronin, how far are you? I got frustrated and stopped on I think the third level where the main target is a woman. I like the fame but i though the difficulty really shot up early.

I still think it will be Pederson. His name was so soon and so surprising that it had to have merit. Cataldi thinks that Coughlin would never take the Eagles job b/c of Howie. Lots of Howie bashing

-Lurie didn't want Gruden b/c he knew he and Howie would fight
-McDermott and Howie hate each other
-Marcus Smith and Danny Watkins were Howie's picks

http://www.phillyvoice.com/ignore-nonsense-and-face-facts-sam-bradford-was-excellent-eagles/

Howie Roseman is clueless. Let’s start with that nugget of reality as we explore the most recent developments in the Eagles coaching hunt.

The re-born personnel guru presided over the final years of Andy Reid’s tenure here and the first two years of Chip Kelly’s brief reign. Since he wrested power away from ex-president Joe Banner, the Eagles have not won a playoff game. Among Roseman’s biggest gaffes are first-round disasters Danny Watkins and Marcus Smith.

And now, because owner Jeffrey Lurie doesn’t know the definition of insanity, Roseman is leading another search for the right man to coach the Eagles. Already, they have held marathon interviews with many of the top assistants on other teams, with more to come in the days ahead.

It is no coincidence that the Eagles, until today, did not interview a single candidate who had ever been a head coach in the NFL. The Jon Grudens, Brian Billicks or Bill Cowhers would never agree to place their fate in the hands of a glorified accountant like Roseman. That’s why they haven’t even been called.

Yes, Tom Coughlin has been talking to them today, but the Eagles will not hire him. You read it here first. He will either demand a major say in personnel right from the start, or will do the same thing Kelly did and issue an ultimatum after his first sign of success. No one who knows football wants to work with Roseman.

Just ask Kelly or Tom Gamble or Jason Licht or Ed Marynowitz or Louis Riddick or Mark Ross. They all tried to co-exist with Roseman, and quickly saw him as an obstacle to success. Already, rumors about Gruden included Lurie’s worries that a Super-Bowl winner would not “play nice” with Roseman. Sean McDermott wasn’t even on the interview list, for a very good reason; the ex-Eagle coach and Roseman are – shall we say? – not close.

Man that article was such a depressing read. It is comical to me that Howie defenders still try and say that Watkins and Smith were not his picks. What HC would never play a guy that they just drafted in the 1st round? Teams usually bend over backwards to give 1st round picks chances to prove themselves.

Coughlin is only getting "Fuck you" Interviews from the Giants' NFC East rivals. None of those guys are seriously going to hire him.

NFC East rival you mean. I wouldn't put the Niners into the "Fuck you" interview category. Baalke isn't flying out to the meet the man in person without having some actual interest. If it was smoke screen "fuck you", they'd sit on their hands and wait for him to come out.

squicken

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
#Browns have asked DeFilippo to stay if new HC likes him. @mattbarrows reports Coughlin might want him for #49ers. W/ #Rams today for OC

One of other coaching candidates the 49ers have met with, Browns offensive coordinator John DeFilippo, has a connection to Coughlin. DeFilippo, 37, served as the Giants offensive quality control coach in 2005-06 when Coughlin was the team's head coach.

DeFilippo also is from the York family's home town of Youngstown, Ohio, which is where the interview took place. The team could be contemplating at a scenario in which Coughlin takes over as head coach and DeFilippo is the heir apparent. DeFilippo is scheduled to talk to the Rams about their offensive coordinator opening today.

DeFilippo is under contract with the Browns and is one of the assistant coaches the team would like to bring back, according to a report on Cleveland.com. The composition of the Browns' next staff will depend on their next head coach, and Cleveland is reported to be targeting Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson, who also is -- or was -- the 49ers' top target.
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article54282760.html

Jason Cole ✔ @JasonColeBR
#NFL LA comm recommends Carson site 5-1. Lone exception: #Chiefs owner Clark Hunt, who said should 1 team or none #Rams #Chargers #Raiders

#Browns have asked DeFilippo to stay if new HC likes him. @mattbarrows reports Coughlin might want him for #49ers. W/ #Rams today for OC

You know, its funny but Coughlin to the Niners wouldn't really bother me. No clue why but maybe its because the Niners/Giants rivalry hasn't been nearly as strong since the late 80's/90's and well, Coughlin trying to rebuild that team would be interesting/fun to watch. Especially if Kap were to stay on.

NFC East rival you mean. I wouldn't put the Niners into the "Fuck you" interview category. Baalke isn't flying out to the meet the man in person without having some actual interest. If it was smoke screen "fuck you", they'd sit on their hands and wait for him to come out.

I don't know why I had the Redskins in my head..whoops.

Still, I don't see the Eagles seriously hiring Coughlin, especially with his "1.2. I coach for two years then hand over the keys" foolishness. Really reeks of him not having anything left in the tank but refusing to be forced into retirement.

Fox318

honestly the chargers should be the only team to move.

Its close enough to sd where fans won't get completely misplaced.

Hindl

Coughlin would not be surprising.

The McAdoo situation would. Saying he's going to be the next head coach would make it seem like a co-head coach situation.

I don't know how they would make that work.

The other issue is if they set it up so McAdoo succeeds Coughlin after 3 years, that violates the Rooney Rule

Ronin, how far are you? I got frustrated and stopped on I think the third level where the main target is a woman. I like the fame but i though the difficulty really shot up early.

I'm currently trying to kill the guy two people after the woman. And yeah you're right the game definitely starts spiking, especially after the woman. Although I've found that usually if I'm dying, I'm not doing something right and try something new. It's definitely frustrating how it spikes though, and I'm not sure what I would do if I wasn't getting all the skill points on each level. I get you and if it weren't for me getting into games like Dark Souls where every boss fight is the equivalent of bashing your head against a wall till you figure it out, I would've shelved it too

Owners on LA committee who recommended Carson:

Panthers owner Jerry Richardson
Steelers owner Art Rooney
Giants owner John Mara
Patriots owner Robert Kraft
Texans owner Bob McNair

Owner who recommended Inglewood:

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt

The other issue is if they set it up so McAdoo succeeds Coughlin after 3 years, that violates the Rooney Rule

What if they said Tc is the HC, and Mcadoo is the alternate HC or some weird wording like that? If he already had the title of HC then when Tc steps down it wouldnt be like there is an opening that they would have to interview candidates for.

But guys, age is just a number. Why can't Coughlin coach until he's 92?
At times hes talked about as though he's Monte Kiffin or something which is ridiculous. Tom Coughlin from an energy standpoint doesn't exude that of a 69 year old man. Go watch his press conference and compare that to the last time you saw Monte Kiffin with the Cowboys. A perfect example of a situation where the game completely passed him by. Age is absolutely a concern if you're nursing a rebuild with Coughlin but if you think you have the pieces and you're missing the HC to put it together - I'm amazed at the ridiculous notion that he has "nothing left in the tank". Go look at the Giants roster in 2015 and tell me how man coaches make THAT team competitive at the level Coughlin did.

ampere

Xf3tygu.jpg

Must have brought it in too fast.

Bill doesn't have to do gruntwork himself. You slanderous pig fucker

jakncoke

Banned
Owners on LA committee who recommended Carson:

Panthers owner Jerry Richardson
Steelers owner Art Rooney
Giants owner John Mara
Patriots owner Robert Kraft
Texans owner Bob McNair

Owner who recommended Inglewood:

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt

big chiefs in league wanting carson i see

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Am I wrong?

99918-john-goodman-gun-gif-big-lebow-t8eS.gif

I understand your team bias though, so I sympathize. If the Detroit Lions were in a similar situation I'd defend them.

But your lame dismissals of any argument to be had, has you, and Steelers nation defending your team at any cost even if it's wrong. I understand that

Nothing I said was wrong and if I was wrong then your passive aggressive "omg" does not deserve a rebuttal.

At times hes talked about as though he's Monte Kiffin or something which is ridiculous. Tom Coughlin from an energy standpoint doesn't exude that of a 69 year old man. Go watch his press conference and compare that to the last time you saw Monte Kiffin with the Cowboys. A perfect example of a situation where the game completely passed him by. Age is absolutely a concern if you're nursing a rebuild with Coughlin but if you think you have the pieces and you're missing the HC to put it together - I'm amazed at the ridiculous notion that he has "nothing left in the tank". Go look at the Giants roster in 2015 and tell me how man coaches make THAT team competitive at the level Coughlin did.
I don't disagree that he has 2-3 years of good coaching left. What kind of organization and fanbase would be happy to see that kind of band-aid hire? If you do that you need to have 1) a roster that is close to being a contender, 2) an opening, and 3) a plan in place for when you don't have a coach in 2-3 years. Which team fits those criteria?

I don't disagree that he has 2-3 years of good coaching left. What kind of organization and fanbase would be happy to see that kind of band-aid hire? If you do that you need to have 1) have a roster that is close to being a contender, 2) have an opening, and 3) have a plan in place for when you don't have a coach in 2-3 years. Which team fits those criteria?

I think that is the point of trying to bring McAdoo with him. No team in the league would hire a guy for 2 years and then have to go out and find a whole new guy.

Fantomex

The cool thing about next year with Miami is we only need:

• head coach
  • offensive coordinator
  • defensive coordinator
  • linebackers coach
  • Owner
  • Linebackers
  • Defensive Backs
  • Quarterback
  • Running Back
  • Offensive Line
  • Special Teams
  • #2 Receiver

Other than that we are set to make a run at the playoffs fam.

The cool thing about next year with Miami is we only need:

• head coach
  • offensive coordinator
  • defensive coordinator
  • linebackers coach
  • Owner
  • Linebackers
  • Defensive Backs
  • Quarterback
  • Running Back
  • Offensive Line
  • Special Teams
  • #2 Receiver

Other than that we are set to make a run at the playoffs fam.

You know what we're not missing though?

Cheerleaders.

Sure Coughlin CAN coach to any age. WILL he?

I really feel like Coughlin is only seriously considering coaching another team because he doesn't like the idea of forcefully being put out to pasture. What team is starting from the ground up with him?

Hiring Coughlin buys you at best 5 years until you have to make another coaching search. NFL teams obviously have bias against old coaches.

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 14m14 minutes ago
last night, #NFL staff tried to nego better landlord-tenant deal between #Rams & #Chargers in Inglewood with LA Comm. Comm didn't like idea

bionic77

Coughlin would be perfect for the Browns or some shit team that has no idea what they are doing.

He could come in and he has a reputation so that the owner would listen to him. He could get things turned around in 3 years and create an actual football culture. Like Parcels did with most teams that he went to.

I really doubt that that is what he is interested in though.

But if I was a shit team I would be offering him boxed sets of the Golden Girls and anything else that old people love.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Sure Coughlin CAN coach to any age. WILL he?

I really feel like Coughlin is only seriously considering coaching another team because he doesn't like the idea of forcefully being put out to pasture. What team is starting from the ground up with him?

Hiring Coughlin buys you at best 5 years until you have to make another coaching search. NFL teams obviously have bias against old coaches.

5 years is forever with a lot of franchises. I'd give Coughlin a job in a heartbeat if my team needed a rebuild and a direction to follow. I'm not sure Coughlin would be willing to take those types of jobs at this point.

Hindl

What if they said Tc is the HC, and Mcadoo is the alternate HC or some weird wording like that? If he already had the title of HC then when Tc steps down it wouldnt be like there is an opening that they would have to interview candidates for.

I dunno, I'm not really sure on how the legal meanings of the NFL work. Maybe bionic has the scoop. Has anything like this happened before? I'm not sure how the NFL will treat it.

Hindl,
I might start over. What skills did you focus on?
I'm not at home right now, so I can't be sure. But I think I went for the skill that lets you hang people if you're on the ceiling above them, then prioritized the one where you throw your sword, and later the one that lets you call it back. After that the only other ones are the teleport stun and decoy. I went teleport stun first but either could work

bionic77

bionic, slow your roll on Munn, my PA bro.

We need you for the KC victory this weekend.
No worries.

If KC wins I will still be looking down on all of you and smiling from Internet heaven.

Its a matter of time. Eventually the old dogs die and they get replaced with chiclets and other animals. It happened with the NBA thread and it will happen here one day too!

Ye for lols

Listen, just because you can function six sheets to the win and laugh at Kas spamming about Burfict again.. Doesn't mean we can or should have to.

That.. Would actually be smart if they could keep Flip there. He worked well with David Carr and somehow made Billy not seem as much of a fuck up.

But I don't think it will happen.

Ye for lols

Listen, just because you can function six sheets to the win and laugh at Kas spamming about Burfict again.. Doesn't mean we can or should have to.

Coughlin would be perfect for the Browns or some shit team that has no idea what they are doing.

He could come in and he has a reputation so that the owner would listen to him. He could get things turned around in 3 years and create an actual football culture. Like Parcels did with most teams that he went to.

I really doubt that that is what he is interested in though.

But if I was a shit team I would be offering him boxed sets of the Golden Girls and anything else that old people love.

So you're saying he should have coach Miami then.

No worries.

If KC wins I will still be looking down on all of you and smiling from Internet heaven.

Its a matter of time. Eventually the old dogs die and they get replaced with chiclets and other animals. It happened with the NBA thread and it will happen here one day too!

:(

PD is gone, now Bionic might disappear....

This year is the worst!!

No worries.

Don't say that bionic

You'll go out better than The Frankman did. You won't be disgraced, dishonored, abandoned out in the cold like he was.

jakncoke

Banned
Fuck Staley. Dude sat on our sidelines in a sweat suit for his entire Steeler career. He was Woodley before there was Woodley.

Ye but it'd be hilarious to hire him for the Eagles as a HC because I never in a million years thought he'd be more than a RB coach

Top Bottom