• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

lmao I can just picture walking around telling other rich old white dudes "Don't fuck with me"

Somebody tweeted out a pic of the meeting

X4ZKy8Q.png

Gigglepoo

I stand corrected.:) Posting fast from Wikipedia.:jnc

I don't want to look up rosters, but that Jags team was loaded. Brunnel, Smith, McCardell, and Bosselli is just insanely good. There were my second favorite team to watch during that stretch (and my go-to team for Madden and later NFL2K). Brunnel was like a poor man's Steve Young.

Yep, Walsh needs to make that kick, but if Peterson doesn't fumble they probably aren't in that situation in the first place. Plenty of blame to go around.
I think the other thing is that Walsh's mistake was the most shocking. After nailing 3 harder kicks it felt like there was almost no chance of the last one missing, and he totally shanked it. It was one of those jaw-dropping, speechless moments as a viewer. I feel terrible for the guy.

bionic77

At this point you could say anything about Burfict and most people would believe you.

He is a dirty player but hopefully he cleans up his act because he does have a shit load of talent.

Hopefully he does so in another division because he clearly can't control himself when he is playing in the North. Dude knocks out Ravens and Steelers like they were AP's children. I think a trip out East would do him real good. Specifically the AFC East. I think he has a soulmate in Miami and these two should be together. I have no agenda in wanting him to go to Miami other than player safety and a chance for this talented player to reach his potential.

No other agenda whatsoever.

Bread

Banned
I would be if my stream got less viewers than you, but thankfully that isn't the case.

You should join the real Madden league and take some human beatings like a man.
i'm on the waiting list

i'll double dip on madden 17 so i can be the first person to win both leagues!

j-wood

Yep, from '97 to '01, the old Central was a bear with the Tits, Rats, and Jags. All teams that made championship games or the SB. Steelers included of course. And McNair was still a pain in the ass when he closed out his career with the Rats.

Those were good times man, good times. That division was tough as hell and is still the reason i don't like the ravens or the steelers. But dammit we had some good years.

I still hate the way we got rid of McNair.

cdyhybrid

I think the other thing is that Walsh's mistake was the most shocking. After nailing 3 harder kicks it felt like there was almost no chance of the last one missing, and he totally shanked it. It was one of those jaw-dropping, speechless moments as a viewer. I feel terrible for the guy.
It was harder than it would appear if you just looked at distance. Laces in, kicking into the wind, ball wasn't centered between the hashes, and they had to speed up their snap-hold-kick process because Sherm was a fraction of an inch from blocking the previous kick.

Still need to make it, but I don't think I'd consider it a gimme.

Gigglepoo

It was harder than it would appear if you just looked at distance. Laces in, kicking into the wind, ball wasn't centered between the hashes, and they had to speed up their snap-hold-kick process because Sherm was a fraction of an inch from blocking the previous kick.

While they were lining up I was arguing that they should have gone for it on fourth down. Now, that's just because I was thinking the Seahawks had one more timeout (and would have stopped the clock at 1:10), but still. I've seen enough Vikings games to know that kick wasn't a sure thing.

Now the question remains: will this loss create another domino effect? Last year, the Cowboys lucked into a win over Detroit with the obvious holding that wasn't called; the Cowboys had luck turn against them the next week with Dez's should-have-been-a-catch; the Packers royally collapsed against Seattle; and then Seattle blew the SB in spectacular fashion.

Bread

Banned
Sounds like Breadstream needs a partner.I may be in the market for one. I got over 110 followers!
partner!? i have so many subsidiaries already, like gregstream, grovocam, and BGvision. You're welcome to join the breadstream umbrella but i will control all of your IPs and opinions.

Dude, it was a 27 yard FG and the guy was 3/3. I don't know what the exact percentage chance was of him making that but it's about as close to a gimme as you're going to get in a frigid playoff game. I'll say it this way, no one could have reasonably expected him to miss.

Walsh, who had converted 33 of 34 kicks from inside 30 yards in his career
"It's a chip shot," the Vikings' coach said. "He's got to make it."

It was a shocking miss.

cdyhybrid

While they were lining up I was arguing that they should have gone for it on fourth down. Now, that's just because I was thinking the Seahawks had one more timeout (and would have stopped the clock at 1:10), but still. I've seen enough Vikings games to know that kick wasn't a sure thing.

Now the question remains: will this loss create another domino effect? Last year, the Cowboys lucked into a win over Detroit with the obvious holding that wasn't called; the Cowboys had luck turn against them the next week with Dez's should-have-been-a-catch; the Packers royally collapsed against Seattle; and then Seattle blew the SB in spectacular fashion.
Refs have had issues in general this season, wouldn't be surprised to see some shit in the playoffs.

Greg

Dude, it was a 27 yard FG and the guy was 3/3. I don't know what the exact percentage chance was of him making that but it's about as close to a gimme as you're going to get in a frigid playoff game. I'll say it this way, no one could have reasonably expected him to miss.
YOU CALLING ME UNREASONABLE?!

bionic77

I had a gut feeling Walsh would miss. And he did.
Considering ti was the Vikings it would have been more surprising if they had made it.

Probably the most cursed franchise in the NFL.

God might use Ohio as His toilet but He trolls the fuck out of the sconis. 15-1 with the best offense in NFL history and the best kicker in NFL history what could go wrong?

Also the Raiders should stay. Their fanbase is really good. They keep getting fucked around though.

Top Bottom