• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Christin Ayers ‏@christinKPIX5 37m37 minutes ago
Just spoke to Mark Davis outside the presser. He sounds like a man who has no intention of keeping the @RAIDERS in #Oakland. @CBSSF

the only option he legitimately has is the Chargers taking the deal and then he begs San Diego for a stadium because Oakland is broke

So Hue wants the Giants job and Cleveland is his fallback? Browns need to pull their offer if he takes the Giants interview. They won't stop being second class until they stop letting the league treat them as such
Does Cleveland have an actual offer on the table?

ampere

CYkZJd7UMAAfQYE.jpg:large

Dat Presidential stress.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mark Davis is asked if the #Raiders will definitively be in Oakland this year. He says, "No." Raiders don't have a lease at the Coliseum.

Guess he could jump to San Antonio and play at the Alamo dome temporarily

I mean I still wonder why he is giving up a home game next season to play vs the Texans in Mexico

Except he doesn't have a relocation permit he can't move the team

Godslay

Banned
I am pretty sure the Bowlen family cares strongly about Denver and the team. They will keep it. So, yeah, f Kroenke having the Broncos.

Kroenke did open his wallet big time for the Avs though before the salary cap era. He will pay to win which is nice if it is your team.

Yeah, he was part of the Colorado Crush with Elway and Bowlen. So there is some potential life to the rumors.

I'd rather him stay out, and one of the kids take over. Johnny Bowlen is the guy supposedly, but the sister is the brains of the family. I don't know how much of that is just rumors though. Either way, I hope one of them is good.

Is owning a sports team considered a sound investment? I always thought it was a frivolous, luxurious, egotistical type of thing.

Yeah, typically it is.

squicken

Jerry bought the Cowboys for $140m in 1989 and the team is now worth $3b, and has had positive cash flow the whole time. Seems like a really really really good investment to me

Hunter S.

Yeah, he was part of the Colorado Crush with Elway and Bowlen. So there is some potential life to the rumors.

I'd rather him stay out, and one of the kids take over. Johnny Bowlen is the guy supposedly, but the sister is the brains of the family. I don't know how much of that is just rumors though. Either way, I hope one of them is good.

Yeah, typically it is.

No idea, but. Are they going to keep Bowlen as the owner until he dies? I mean my grandpa had alzheimer's recently and died a few years back. It seems strange to me if he technically would own the team during the late stages of the disease. I mean, the person is hardly a person at that point from my experience.

You read up on this?

Angry Grimace

Guys

why do you think they just had a vote that took 2 years

you can't just move the team to San Antonio because you feel like it

Godslay

Banned
CYkZJd7UMAAfQYE.jpg:large

Dat Presidential stress.

Obama actually died about 2 years into his presidency.

They replaced him with a double, and Biden had been running the show. This was all fine and well until his double decided to balance the budget during a meeting on a whim. It was impressive from what I could gather and Biden was pretty upset.

Send the Raiders

to Detroit

We need to send you somewhere other than here.

Yeah, typically it is.

I do not want Johnny Bowlen as the man in charge. He went to my high school. Not impressed.

Obama actually died about 2 years into his presidency.

They replaced him with a double, and Biden had been running the show. This was all fine and well until his double decided to balance the budget during a meeting on a whim. It was impressive from what I could gather and Biden was pretty upset.

I got this reference too Slay.

Dave was a pretty good movie.

Yeah Coughlin has done great with both the Jags and the Giants I just worry about his age. The Giants beat guy that was on BGN radio said the Giants felt he was still a great coach Monday through Saturday, but that he had definitely lost something on Sundays. That really worries me because the situation in Philly isnt anywhere near as good as in NY. There he had Eli, here we have no idea who the QB would be. I like that this seems like a very un-Lurie type move.

Has a coach ever switched to an in-division rival before? I mean, I can't even fathom John Harbaugh ever taking over the Steelers. Like, he would be booed out of Pittsburgh. Same with Tomlin to Baltimore.

I just think TC ought to have shut the door on this immediately. Why even take the interview? I get that he's salty, but damn, that's just ... wrong.

Godslay

Banned
No idea, but. Are they going to keep Bowlen as the owner until he dies? I mean my grandpa had alzheimer's recently and died a few years back. It seems strange to me if he technically would own the team during the late stages of the disease. I mean, the person is hardly a person at that point from my experience.

You read up on this?

I do not want Johnny Bowlen as the man in charge. He went to my high school. Not impressed.

It's a family trust right now.

So either they are going to have to sell it or someone in the family will have to step up and become the owner. What I've gathered is just bits and pieces of info here and there.

Everything points to Johnny being a mega douche, but I don't know. I saw him at the game I went to and he was pretty friendly with the players and seemed fine. That's just outward appearances though.

Panic probably knows better than I do what he's like.

The other brother (Patrick III) and sister (Brittany) work for the Broncos as a facilities coor., and a business analyst. Brittany is supposedly pretty savvy, so if true it would be cool to see her take over.

There is another daughter Christiana, but I don't think she's involved at all.

It will be interesting to see who lands it, but I think Johnny is the frontrunner good or bad.

I'd be conflicted on the Raiders moving to SA. After years of wanting to see SA get another major sports team, I'd hate for it to be the Raiders of all teams... At least they'd keep the black and silver motif with the Spurs.

Vyer

In my Madden season the Raiders moved to Mexico City and became the Conquistadors.

food for thought, Mark Davis

squicken

Has a coach ever switched to an in-division rival before? I mean, I can't even fathom John Harbaugh ever taking over the Steelers. Like, he would be booed out of Pittsburgh. Same with Tomlin to Baltimore.

I just think TC ought to have shut the door on this immediately. Why even take the interview? I get that he's salty, but damn, that's just ... wrong.

Rex went from the Jets to the Bills

Well of course who knows? But CLE let Chip play them last time. Seems like Hue would take the Cleveland job, but wants to see if the Giants offer him a better deal
If it dosent happen it dosent happen. We interviewed a good amount of guys, only 1 really took a HC offer as of now. And i know there's other guys they like. I'd personally like Hue though. Don't really think it's a situation were we're left looking like fools.

Godslay

Banned
Elway will buy the Broncos and we will live in a never ending Orange and blue sunset.

I wish, if he only had the money.

If I win the Powerball, I'll loan him some dough.

I got this reference too Slay.

Dave was a pretty good movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZARAldXlSyA&feature=youtu.be

Send Godslay to Detroit

And then send Tabris also to Detroit, same street as Godslay

That's alright, we'll hang out with Lunchbox. We will be Kings.

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 49m49 minutes ago
Bob McNair on QB situation 'The question is what's available and what's the price. We're working on that, we think good prospects out there'

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 47m47 minutes ago
Bob McNair: 'We need to get a good young quarterback in the draft and bring him along.'

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 46m46 minutes ago
Bob McNair 'We'll probably want a veteran to work with a young guy. Brian [Hoyer] did a lot of good things this year'

Uncle Bob getting really chatty about drafting a QB. twice he has mentioned in an interview in the past month

Uncle Bob getting really chatty about drafting a QB. twice he has mentioned in an interview in the past month
If you could go back would you take Clowney or a Qb 1st pick?

I was fine with Clowney, but thought the Texans would make a bigger effort to trade back up into rd1 and take a guy.

Top Bottom