• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Pepiope

Another day of no Eagle news on the HC front. Owner meetings are over in Houston right?

Fuck the Rams, Fuck the Chargers, where's MAH COACH!?

MechDX

If you could go back would you take Clowney or a Qb 1st pick?

I was fine with Clowney, but thought the Texans would make a bigger effort to trade back up into rd1 and take a guy.

Not directed at you but at the two Texans message boards I visit im sick and tired of the pining for Carr/Bort/Bridgewater. Shits over and done, move on already. As for the Clowney issue: calling him a "bust" in hindsight to try and make yourself look smart is dumb. 31 other teams in that same spot and in the same draft all do the same damn thing. Any that tell you otherwise are lying.

Fact: While the 3 mentioned QB's have looked "ok" they are not exactly setting the league on fire. While the Texans have some holes they also have a couple things a lot of teams dont: a solid offensive line to protect a new QB and a stout defense to bail out said QB.

MRSA

Banned
Strangely, flight attendant hit me up today and wants me to meet up with her tonight. I don't want to drive all the way to Burbank though.......decisions......

BigAT

Has a coach ever switched to an in-division rival before? I mean, I can't even fathom John Harbaugh ever taking over the Steelers. Like, he would be booed out of Pittsburgh. Same with Tomlin to Baltimore.

I just think TC ought to have shut the door on this immediately. Why even take the interview? I get that he's salty, but damn, that's just ... wrong.

Parcells went from the Patriots to the Jets (and then later Miami).

Not directed at you but at the two Texans message boards I visit im sick and tired of the pining for Carr/Bort/Bridgewater. Shits over and done, move on already. As for the Clowney issue: calling him a "bust" in hindsight to try and make yourself look smart is dumb. 31 other teams in that same spot and in the same draft all do the same damn thing. Any that tell you otherwise are lying.
Soooooo............. My question?............ I guess you answered in a way.................

squicken

Most powerful man in Michigan

CYkjuMdUoAAF_95.jpg:large

MechDX

Soooooo............. My question?............ I guess you answered in a way.................

What do you expect me to say? maybe they didnt like any of them? Maybe no team would trade with them? Teddys knees were too small? Carr is a Carr? Borts girlfriends breasts were too damn big? What is the point of mindless speculation?

The only thing I have read about that draft is Garrapollo was being targeted in the early 3rd round and the Pats jumped in front of them and drafted him. He was option 1 and Savage was the back up plan with their compensatory pick in round 4 and thats what happened.

What do you expect me to say? maybe they didnt like any of them? Maybe no team would trade with them? What is the point of mindless speculation.

The only thing I have read about that draft is Garrapollo was being targeted in the early 3rd round and the Pats jumped in front of them and drafted him. He was option 1 and Savage was the back up plan with their compensatory pick in round 4 and thats what happened.
The question was just your opinion of what you wanted, not what the Texans wanted/felt. I also wasn't making the assumption that anyone was a bust. But ok mech bud.

BigAT

The NFL team worth the least, the Buffalo Bills, are still worth 1.4 billion.

Those valuations are usually terrible too. They had the Clippers as being "worth" like $400 million right before they were sold for $2 billion. Who knows how much an NFL franchise would go for, but it would be absurd.

Vyer

Fact: While the 3 mentioned QB's have looked "ok" they are not exactly setting the league on fire. While the Texans have some holes they also have a couple things a lot of teams dont: a solid offensive line to protect a new QB and a stout defense to bail out said QB.

If you could go back would you take Clowney or a Qb 1st pick?

I was fine with Clowney, but thought the Texans would make a bigger effort to trade back up into rd1 and take a guy.

1st pick? shit they prolly would have taken Manziel. so Clowney.

mech's probably right that a lot of teams make that pick. Jags taking Bortles 3rd got some mocking, iirc. texans 1st pick was probably shot either way.

The rest of that draft pisses me off more than the 1st pick.

MechDX

The question was just your opinion of what you wanted, not what the Texans wanted/felt. I also wasn't making the assumption that anyone was a bust. But ok mech bud.

Sorry im tired. I dont know

they all showed potential but none of them "wow'ed" me. Reminds me a lot of this draft class. They all have flaws in their game with no clear cut stand out. Better?

Irritating watching the fucking Colts have a future HOF'er in manning all those years, suck for one year and get the only "sure thing QB" of the last few years.

MechDX

1st pick? shit they prolly would have taken Manziel. so Clowney.

mech's probably right that a lot of teams make that pick. Jags taking Bortles 3rd got some mocking, iirc. texans 1st pick was probably shot either way.

The rest of that draft pisses me off more than the 1st pick.

You sure youre not thinking of the 2013 draft? 2013 was just abysmal and would be a 100% failure if not for Hopkins. If not for him the entire draft class that year is now out of the league or on another team barely hanging on

Generate

Banned
Those valuations are usually terrible too. They had the Clippers as being "worth" like $400 million right before they were sold for $2 billion. Who knows how much an NFL franchise would go for, but it would be absurd.

In the case of Buffalo, it was just sold last year so we know what its worth.

Clockwork5

You sure youre not thinking of the 2013 draft? 2013 was just abysmal and would be a 100% failure if not for Hopkins. If not for him the entire draft class that year is now out of the league or on another team barely hanging on

Yeah we took Leon Sandcastle with the first pick that year. Is he even playing anymore?

MechDX

Just seems like there are not any household names in this year's draft. Bosa can be a monster but even he isn't getting a lot of attention. there isn't any flashy names people are drooling over

rando14

Just seems like there are not any household names in this year's draft. Bosa can be a monster but even he isn't getting a lot of attention. there isn't any flashy names people are drooling over

Draft is deep in Interior linemen, but not really many sexy picks

I might visit BG in the Cleve!!

...but he ignored me and now I'm living with Gobias instead :'/
I don't live in the Cleve. I'm like 30 minutes away, I'm just the master of Cleve propaganda.

Idk were I'll be living by then too, as I graduated and looking for jobs. I'm hoping Ez will be my landlord and we live happy in cincy.

Rams to LA
Chargers to possibly LA, maybe stay in SD
Raiders to maybe LA but only if the Chargers don't, maybe stay in Oak, maybe move to Mars
Bills to Toronto
Seahawks to OKC
Browns to the other side of the toilet
Lions sent back to Detroit while screaming in agony

You forgot one

cdyhybrid

Rams to LA
Chargers to possibly LA, maybe stay in SD
Raiders to maybe LA but only if the Chargers don't, maybe stay in Oak, maybe move to Mars
Bills to Toronto
Seahawks to OKC
Browns to the other side of the toilet

I'm just glad you felt comfortable enough around us this past week to admit that you're both a Vikings and Packers fan. It's really bold to admit that you root for two teams in the same division, not even squicken has reached that point.

I don't live in the Cleve. I'm like 30 minutes away, I'm just the master of Cleve propaganda.

Idk were I'll be living by then too, as I graduated and looking for jobs. I'm hoping Ez will be my landlord and we live happy in cincy.
Don't go to cincitucky. They put feces on spaghetti and call it chili.

Top Bottom