• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

My central point was that Kroenke fucked his own people. The Thunder owner brought his home state a team. He is a hero where he was born. Kroenke's name is mud where he is from.

It's always about money. But look at Spanos and Davis. They really are reluctant to move their teams. They have wanted to make it work where they are. Of course they want more money, but would rather stay where they are and with their fans. Kroenke always wanted to be Mr LA

Not really going to go one about this. You either get the difference or don't
It's interesting, you always hear the lotto question asked more generally as "what would you do if you had 'fuck you' money?"

Apparently Kroenke's answer was literally the words, "fuck you"

e: said at Ent speed

Mindlog

ZxD1u3l.png

(of course it's fake)

The Thunder owner is a hero until KD and Westbrook leave or retire, the team goes to shit, and people stop spending money on tickets/merch. Then he will relocate or sell the team, and everyone will hate him.

They are all the same.
:jnc
I was going to suggest that teams that move should be forced to wear color rush uniforms for 3 years as punishment.

Paches

My central point was that Kroenke fucked his own people. The Thunder owner brought his home state a team. He is a hero where he was born. Kroenke's name is mud where he is from.

It's always about money. But look at Spanos and Davis. They really are reluctant to move their teams. They have wanted to make it work where they are. Of course they want more money, but would rather stay where they are and with their fans. Kroenke always wanted to be Mr LA

Not really going to go one about this. You either get the difference or don't

Replace Kroenke's name with Howard Schultz and it is the same. Except Schultz lied about selling the team to someone committed to keep the Sonics in Seattle. Howard is a fucking joke, I just wish every Starbucks in Washington was destroyed with a wrecking ball as repayment.

So Faulk just says that not having a team in LA has been devastating for the NFL. Yep, the league was this close to folding up shop if this move didn't happen, Marshall.

Tankard

Damn, the one team that deserves a chance so move away from its local unclassy fans stayed.

Well, sorry for the St. Louis fans, and mainly San Diego fans that as i've seen around are way more upset about the moving than the other two (still have a chance to stay though, i hope it does).

squicken

The rumor has always been that Kahn would move the Jags to STL. Don't think that will happen, now. Man I hate Kroenke. He's going to ruin this treble run Arsenal is about to have

Hunter S.

I am still scared that Kroenke will move the Avalanche when he can. When he bought them the contract stated he could not move the team for a great number of years.

I doubt he will they make some him money.

Pagusas

Elden Member
So glad to see the Rams leave. I developed a deep
Hatred for them when I lived in Centeal Illinois from 1999 - 2004. Always airing their games instead of the Packers, bears or Colts.

Now that I'm in Dallas we need to relocate the Cowboys.

Bread

Banned
Hatred for them when I lived in Centeal Illinois from 1999 - 2004. Always airing their games instead of the Packers, bears or Colts.

you seem cool

if Kroenke is smart he will fire Jeff Fisher and make some godfather offer to Sean Payton and Drew Brees to get some star power for this new team/market, but he will probably just rest on his laurels now that he got his way and let Fisher lead this team to another 8-8 season.

Now that you mention it, more Packers games will be on locally! YES! Thank you based Kroenke

squicken

if Kroenke is smart he will fire Jeff Fisher and make some godfather offer to Sean Payton and Drew Brees to get some star power for this new team/market, but he will probably just rest on his laurels now that he got his way and let Fisher lead this team to another 8-8 season.

He does not care about winning. You think that is a joke but it isn't. He cares more about the real estate development that will go along with the stadium than the team that plays there.

Wouldn't STL be deemed Chiefs territory now? For broadcasting.

Along with the Bears and Titans, I'd guess

Hunter S.

How many things does this guy own?

He owns Altitude Entertainment which is a sports network that shows a ton of Rocky Mountain sport teams including his teams the Denver Nuggets, the Colorado Mammoth (Lacross), Avalanche.

Technically his son owns the Avalanche, but everyone knows it is bullshit.

He owns Altitude Entertainment which is a sports network that shows a ton of Rocky Mountain sport teams including his teams the Denver Nuggets, the Colorado Mammoth (Lacross), Avalanche.

Isn't it because the NBA has a rule where you can't own two teams in the same city. He's also the largest share owner of the Arsenal football club from the Premier League.

Godslay

Banned

They were trying to put the feelers on out getting the Broncos too. I don't know how that would work out with them owning two franchises, but I'm sure they could work their way around it.

Good thing is, when these rumors were brought up the Bowlen's always come back and say that the franchise is not for sale and that it will stay in the family.

I hope that's true and stays that way, even if the oldest Bowlen boy and apparent heir is a douche by all accounts.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 59s60 seconds ago
What about 2016? #Chargers have up to the conclusion of @NFL meetings Mar. 20-23 to decide if they're playing in LA area or SD that year

Josh5890

They were trying to put the feelers on out getting the Broncos too. I don't know how that would work out with them owning two franchises, but I'm sure they could work their way around it.

Good thing is, when these rumors were brought up the Bowlen's always come back and say that the franchise is not for sale and that it will stay in the family.

I hope that's true and stays that way, even if the oldest Bowlen boy and apparent heir is a douche by all accounts.

I can't see any way where an Owner could own two teams in the same league. I know for a fact MLB has that rule. I would imagine every other league has the same rule.

squicken

So Hue wants the Giants job and Cleveland is his fallback? Browns need to pull their offer if he takes the Giants interview. They won't stop being second class until they stop letting the league treat them as such

So Hue wants the Giants job and Cleveland is his fallback? Browns need to pull their offer if he takes the Giants interview. They won't stop being second class until they stop letting the league treat them as such

I think it'd be wrong to take it so personally. Get the best coach you can. Giants seems to be a great gig, no shame in coming second fiddle to them.

Christin Ayers ‏@christinKPIX5 37m37 minutes ago
Just spoke to Mark Davis outside the presser. He sounds like a man who has no intention of keeping the @RAIDERS in #Oakland. @CBSSF

Hunter S.

I am pretty sure the Bowlen family cares strongly about Denver and the team. They will keep it. So, yeah, f Kroenke having the Broncos.

Kroenke did open his wallet big time for the Avs though before the salary cap era. He will pay to win which is nice if it is your team.

Godslay

Banned
I can't see any way where an Owner could own two teams in the same league. I know for a fact MLB has that rule. I would imagine every other league has the same rule.

He's been sniffing around since 2010.

He'd either have to sell the Rams or manipulate a deal to get his son to own them.

With the Rams going to LA though, the Rams get a boost in value potentially and could make them more valuable then the Broncos long term.

As of now though, they're not for sale and I think someone with take over for Pat within the family at some point.

Top Bottom