• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

All I know is that, despite not liking the Patroits for the very legitimate reason of them defeating my team in the only Super Bowl they'll probably ever make it to (Panthers), one of my fantasy leagues' members are all crying in a corner by letting me get both Gronk and Brady. They let Brady fall to the 5th round! Hahahahahahaha.

Well, I explained just about the easiest way to do it. And it's silly to think anyone would do that when they could literally just interfere enough with the signal and make the radio stop working all together. It doesn't make sense to overlay something on top of it because that's less effective and much, much harder.

Any protocol they're using would of course be digital and have the usual error checking and mitigation. Meaning you can't interfere with it and have it make enough sense to the receiver on the other end to play the audio you wanted it to play.
Unless you... send a valid signal. We aren't talking (presumably) about some complicated-borderline-impossible overlay scheme, replacement is sufficient.

Like I said, probably too sophisticated to use in a week 1 game (presuming they went with something a little better than ROT13)... But impossible? Nah.

ESPN played more of the Tomlin presser. The press tried to goad him to talk more about it but Tomlin just said to keep the questions about the game.

Yeah, I think people are making more out of it than he was. He was mostly mad because they looked like shit on national TV and a lot of it was his fault. But I'm sure it's nothing an "Unleash Hell" speech won't cure.

cdyhybrid

No, and neither did you.

I'm going to need some concrete evidence that I approve of, otherwise I'm going to take you to court and get the accusation overturned.

He wasn't murdered.

Also, no one heard about this.

Right. No one did. Not a soul.

mVUThN8.png

Oh, wait. I'm following you now. You're right, no one knew about this, because it didn't happen. Just like Marvin Harrison didn't kill that dude, it was all made up. I apologize.

Please don't kill me, Aaron and Marvin

I'm going to need some concrete evidence that I approve of, otherwise I'm going to take you to court and get the accusation overturned.

mVUThN8.png

Oh, wait. I'm following you now. You're right, no one knew about this, because it didn't happen. Just like Marvin Harrison didn't kill that dude, it was all made up. I apologize.

"we have always been at war with eastasia" "aaron hernandez was always a nonmurderer"

Spinluck

Is Kyle Arrington gone?

They still have McCourtey right? And no Revis (the most notable change).

Do you guys think if the Colts write an apology letter about deflategate, that the Pats will cut the amount of running plays they run in half?

KHarvey16

Unless you... send a valid signal. We aren't talking (presumably) about some complicated-borderline-impossible overlay scheme, replacement is sufficient.

Like I said, probably too sophisticated to use in a week 1 game (presuming they went with something a little better than ROT13)... But impossible? Nah.

Replacement means intercepting (since you need the original voice audio) and somehow preventing the original signal from reaching the headset. Once you have that, you need to then mix it with the audio from the FM radio broadcast and re-transmit the hybrid stream in place of the original and make sure this gets past whatever signal blocking scheme you had set up to prevent the original signal from going through.

Is all of that possible? Maybe. Would anyone ever consider doing it, keeping in mind that theoretical "signal blocker" you had to implement to achieve this would alone accomplish the goal of ruining their comms? Of course not.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Dion Lewis looked good tonight. Still don't know why Bolden still on the team though.

Nobody knows. He averaged a gentlemans 3.2 ypc last year, and he's looking to top that this year. I'd honestly take Trich.

Is Kyle Arrington gone?

They still have McCourtey right? And no Revis (the most notable change).

Do you guys think if the Colts write an apology letter about deflategate, that the Pats will cut the amount of running plays they run in half?

Yes Arrington is gone along with everybody else. Arrington was overrated by NE media, but Revis being gone changes everything, Browner loss hurts as well, but Revis is all that really mattered. Unfortunately they did absolutely nothing to replace them and relied on an undrafted free agent to step in and rapidly improve, logan ryan a proven disaster, and a couple other castaways.

cdyhybrid

cdy has really gone off the deep end.

Not even close. This stuff is elementary, I'm watching Seinfeld reruns while putting these posts together.

If you want to see me go off the deep end, find me someone that defends the business practices of Comcast.

Dion Lewis looked good tonight. Still don't know why Bolden still on the team though.

He did look good. Very elusive, but still got north-and-south. I'd be legitimately worried as a Patriots fan that the goal-line fumble will get him Jonas Gray'ed/Stevan Ridley'ed, though.

Lewis had a good game, but honestly I think it was more Steelers poor tackling than anything.

He made a lot of plays after getting caught in the backfield a ton. That's not going to happen over an entire season.

Gigglepoo

The Patriots continually flirting with indiscretions makes following the NFL so much more entertaining. Every sport needs a villain.

Spinluck

Yes Arrington is gone along with everybody else. Arrington was overrated by NE media, but Revis being gone changes everything, Browner loss hurts as well, but Revis is all that really mattered. Unfortunately they did absolutely nothing to replace them and relied on an undrafted free agent to step in and rapidly improve, logan ryan a proven disaster, and a couple other castaways.

Arrington could shut down TY with a little bit of safety help. That was probably what he was best at all around. Once Luck doesn't have that option in Hilton he starts doing dumb shit. It's crazy cause the Texans play him the same exact way but TY still burns them.

It honestly killed our passing game, even when you guys didn't have Revis. I honestly think Bill will just fine some guy off the street who can do the same. He is good at gameplanning for Luck and Colts.

jbug617

Banned
Lewis had a good game, but honestly I think it was more Steelers poor tackling than anything.

He made a lot of plays after getting caught in the backfield a ton. That's not going to happen over an entire season.

His carries are going to dry up. Blount is back next week and Lewis will probably be mostly used for pass catching.

You're the tight end, you're the GOAT
You're the color of my blood
You're the receiver, you're the blocker
You're the only thing I wanna touch
Never knew that it could mean so much, so much

gronk.gif

You're cause fear, I don't care
Cause I've never been so Gronk
Follow me to Gillette
Let me take you past our satellites
You can see the NFL you brought to life, to life

K9bhUZo.gif

So Gronk me like you do, Gronk me like you do
Gronk me like you do, Gronk me like you do
Touch me like you do, touch me like you do
What are you Gronking for?

gronkspike-1.gif

Fading in, fading out
On the edge of the endzone
Every inch of your pigskin is a holy grail I've got to find
Only you can set my field on fire, on fire
Yeah, I'll let you set the pace
Cause I'm not thinking straight
My defenders spinning around I can't see clear no more

efbec410-eb29-11e3-9bc6-1fe0e24095f5_gronk4.gif

Rob-Gronkowski-spike.gif

Yeah, I'll let you set the pace
Cause I'm not thinking straight
My defenders spinning around I can't see clear no more
What are you waiting for?

rtrjswdtbcgx3kqxvvbh.gif

AnguishedCelebratedAlbertosaurus.gif

cdyhybrid

You're the tight end, you're the GOAT
You're the color of my blood
You're the receiver, you're the blocker
You're the only thing I wanna touch
Never knew that it could mean so much, so much

You were out partying your face off for your birthday right? That's the only reason I could see you missing Gronk Gronking on your birthday.

Tapiozona

Banned

mVUThN8.png

Find me one article from 2007 that mentions he was a suspect. Becha can't.
No worries though. I get it..you're salty, blah blah, evil Pats. The masses agree that you're trolling hard and make no sense, in both threads.
Have a good night. I goto sleep a winner and right as always.

On September 30, 2007, five shots were fired into a car containing Randall Carson, Justin Glass, and Corey Smith while they were waiting at a Gainesville stoplight after having left a nightclub. Carson, a passenger sitting in the back seat who was uninjured, told police that the shooter was a "Hawaiian" or "Hispanic" male with a large build weighing about 230 pounds with a lot of tattoos. Glass, the driver, was shot in the arm, and Smith was shot in the back of the head and still suffers seizures as a result of the shooting. Hernandez, being 17 years old and a minor, invoked his right to counsel and refused to talk to police, and no charges were filed at the time.

The 2013 stuff where it came back to light was due to the Odin murder arrest and him no longer being a minor brought the fact that happened further in mind. It was also mentioned that the reason he fell so far in the draft was due to past stuff like this incident.

Charges not being filed doesn't and never has meant shit, if that's going to be your next straw to pull out.

Dutch where the new Gronk gifs?

Under construction

Dutch's FF thread is amazing lol

Shirtless League is life. You should join us.

You were out partying your face off for your birthday right? That's the only reason I could see you missing Gronk Gronking on your birthday.

Of course

(I have a business meeting and I'm already in the train to Rotterdam as we speak. Had to sleep for this :( )

cdyhybrid

No worries though. I get it..you're salty, blah blah, evil Pats. The masses agree that you're trolling hard and make no sense, in both threads.
Have a good night. I goto sleep a winner and right as always.

Sure. As soon as you find me any other instance of the media reporting on a minor as a murder suspect without the police already having done so themselves.

Of course

(I have a business meeting and I'm already in the train to Rotterdam as we speak. Had to sleep for this :( )

Go kick ass, friend. Then you can party and Gronk it up tonight.

All I know is that, despite not liking the Patroits for the very legitimate reason of them defeating my team in the only Super Bowl they'll probably ever make it to (Panthers), one of my fantasy leagues' members are all crying in a corner by letting me get both Gronk and Brady. They let Brady fall to the 5th round! Hahahahahahaha.
Brady fell to the 10th round in my league, and most of the people in the league are pats fans. Granted it was before his suspension was officially overturned, but I got a steal on that.

Top Bottom