• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
464 yards and 21 points? Terrible. The only thing that stops the Steelers offense is the Steelers offense.

It's time for the defense to just play man-to-man across the board. The db's can't cover and can't tackle. Top that off with not knowing their assignments. Only giving up 28 points is a monumental achievement.

On the bright side, a couple of made field goals and some awareness from DHB and that's a completely different game.

Milchjon

I love the way you guys always act like the Pats are both evil masterminds and incredibly stupid at the same time, depending on what fits your argument (I use that in the loosest sense of the word).

Yes, the will obviously mess with the opponent in a really obvious way, at a moment where everyone in the league is so paranoid about their supposed cheating that they'd probably see missing toilet paper in the toilets as a scheme devised by Bill Belichick personally.

Plus, considering the rule that the other teams headset will be turned off as well, they'd open themselves up to all that hubbub for something that would give them at most a few plays head start until they're in the same situation?

I love the way you guys always act like the Pats are both evil masterminds and incredibly stupid at the same time, depending on what fits your argument (I use that in the loosest sense of the word).

Yes, the will obviously mess with the opponent in a really obvious way, at a moment where everyone in the league is so paranoid about their supposed cheating that they'd probably see missing toilet paper in the toilets as a scheme devised by Bill Belichick personally.

Jon please.

This was the perfect moment to do this. Everybody thinks that because just after deflate gate the Pats will never try anything this soon, because they will be under scrutiny for everything.

This creates the perfect situation for crazy scientist Bill to use his evil radio disruptor invention!

Gronk Gronk

cdyhybrid

I am so ready for this weekend and to be done with this project at work. I might sleep the whole weekend aside from the few hours where the Huskies and Hawks are playing.

Milchjon

I am so ready for this weekend and to be done with this project at work. I might sleep the whole weekend aside from the few hours where the Huskies and Hawks are playing.

No wonder you're not getting shit done when you're out there spreading FUD all day errday!

Good Luck!

JABEE

He didnt, he let that get out there and hope that people will focus on that rather than his shit show coaching job.
It was already out there before they were losing. It was out there earlier in the week when all those stories ran. It continues to happen.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I'm not saying that today is terrible, but the Pirates and the Steelers lost.

The only thing that is getting me through today so far is this bomb ass Dunkin' Donuts latte, and it being Friday.

#Weathergate
#TakeDownTheSprinklerSystemBill

RBH

The NFL described the headset problem as “intermittent,” and elected not to shut down the Patriots’ system in return as would normally be required under the NFL’s “Equity Rule.”

NBC’s Michele Tafoya, confusingly, reported from the sidelines during the second quarter that the Patriots’ headsets were, indeed, shut off—contrary to what the NFL claims. (The Steelers, reportedly, are planning to file a complaint with the NFL.)

Here’s how the Pittsburgh Steelers’ official website described tonight’s headset issues:

"The broadcast was so loud that the Steelers coaches were unable to communicate, and the NFL rule is that if one team’s headsets are not working the other team is supposed to be forced to take their headsets off. It’s what the NFL calls the Equity Rule. Strangely enough, whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers’ headsets again started to receive the Patriots game broadcast."

http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-ha...//deadspin.com/?hipra_discussion_redesign=off

bJ33YOK.jpg

bionic77

They obviously put mind control powder in the boiled Gatorade that they gave to the steelers.
I agree that that was probably part of the scheme.

It also helps to explain the stupidity we show in the redzone when not playing the Pats as their drugs probably take a long time to get out of the system.

So it was the lack of headsets that made my coaches suck balls in the redzone last night!

Cheaters!

While the pats probably cheated last night with the headsets and moving an Indian burial ground under the opposing teams locker room (and pissing on said burial ground). That wasn't the cause of your coaches inability to call plays.

bionic77

While the pats probably cheated last night with the headsets and moving an Indian burial ground under the opposing teams locker room (and pissing on said burial ground). That wasn't the cause of your coaches inability to call plays.
Pats fans response: You can't prove it so my version of reality must be the correct one!

TheFatOne

I meant to post this yesterday, but Tomlin is a shit coach. I don't know how he was even able to win a championship. That guy is just plain dumb. Clock management is such a basic thing that I'm surprised when coaches fuck it up.

Jarnet87

I thought the Steelers would get an even bigger beatdown. Their defense is lawls, just get off the field so the offense can score, they aint stopping anyone.

Pittsburgh was merely a roadblock for Tom, next week is Buffalo and Tom loves nothing more then destroying the Bills. Expecting QB sneaks and endzone spikes of pure emotion when Tom scores on the Bills.

bionic77

I meant to post this yesterday, but Tomlin is a shit coach. I don't know how he was even able to win a championship. That guy is just plain dumb. Clock management is such a basic thing that I'm surprised when coaches fuck it up.
Yeah he doesn't understand field position, clock management, and is way to slow to adapt when shit ain't going right.

Hopefully he is able to coach players up (not seen much so far, especially on defense. He and the DC could actually earn their pay check if they can get these young guys to know where to line up and improve their play by the end of the season.

That said I was right in almost everything I predicted before the game. I knew AB would get his, but our offense is just a one trick pony without Bell and Bryant and that would not be enough to cover up for our shit defense. I was wrong about it being a blowout and I am shocked that we had a chance to even win this game I will blame all of the mental and coaching mistakes on the Patriots cheating by interfering with the radio interference. Maybe someone could have told Tomlin what to do over the radio. That would have been a game changer! Instead our coaches had to rely on their own brainpower and that was too much of a handicap to overcome.

That plus Scobee is a piece of shit.

squicken

Another game, another day the patriots bring dishonor to themselves. That said, it's hard to take Pittsburgh seriously as a contender. They're coaching staff just seems inadequate when facing really good teams. I thought Butler in particular was quite embarrassed. Maybe not as embarrassed as Colbert has been, but his defense looked so shoddy in preparation

JABEE

I still think Pittsburgh has an offense that can win that division. I don't think they go far. They will get Bell and Bryant back. Is Pouncey going to come back?

bionic77

Did people take Pittsburgh seriously as a contender??

I like how this systematically throws KHarvey directly into the abortion clinic dumpster and sets it on fire.
I think we could be a contender by the end of the year assuming our defense rounds into shape, but that is a big fucking if.

Clearly not a contender now.

And Goodell is a fucking moron. Why don't they spend some actual money and effort to ensure this shit doesn't happen in the future? The league makes a trillion dollars a year and yet they trust the teams to fucking prepare the footballs, set up communications, etc. and somehow are too fucking stupid to realize how dumb that is. Of course scumbags like the Patriots are going to clear the snow, fuck with the headsets, deflate the balls and do anything else they can get away with. Take that power out of the teams hands you moron!

I still think Pittsburgh has an offense that can win that division. I don't think they go far. They will get Bell and Bryant back. Is Pouncey going to come back?
According to our doctors who can't diagnose concussions on the field he might be back in late November or December.

squicken

Did people take Pittsburgh seriously as a contender??

I like how this systematically throws KHarvey directly into the abortion clinic dumpster and sets it on fire.

I take seriously as a contender any team that has one of the top quarterbacks. Ben, right now, is probably a top three quarterback. That means that Pittsburgh mows through all the average and bad teams. Their defense won't get exposed like that against teams with Josh McCown and Blake Bortles at QB

eznark

Banned
And Goodell is a fucking moron. Why don't they spend some actual money and effort to ensure this shit doesn't happen in the future? The league makes a trillion dollars a year and yet they trust the teams to fucking prepare the footballs, set up communications, etc. and somehow are too fucking stupid to realize how dumb that is. Of course scumbags like the Patriots are going to clear the snow, fuck with the headsets, deflate the balls and do anything else they can get away with. Take that power out of the teams hands you moron!

Is this a serious question? Kraft is on literally every committee and subcommittee of note in the league. They get away with this because they are involved in literally every single aspect of the operation of the league. The commissioner can't just wily nily make changes to this stuff, he acts on behalf of the owners who act on the recommendations of their committees.

Kraft chairs the finance and tv committees, the only ones that matter. Owners can't rock that boat.

eznark

Banned
I take seriously as a contender any team that has one of the top quarterbacks. Ben, right now, is probably a top three quarterback. That means that Pittsburgh mows through all the average and bad teams. Their defense won't get exposed like that against teams with Josh McCown and Blake Bortles at QB

What does beating average and bad teams have to do with contending? That defense can't beat four playoff teams in a row.

Zeke

Morning degenerates! Bionic you need to protest last night's cheating. No longer can the pats get away with blatant cheating!

bionic77

Is this a serious question? Kraft is on literally every committee and subcommittee of note in the league. They get away with this because they are involved in literally every single aspect of the operation of the league. The commissioner can't just wily nily make changes to this stuff, he acts on behalf of the owners who act on the recommendations of their committees.

Kraft chairs the finance and tv committees, the only ones that matter. Owners can't rock that boat.
It shows incredibly poor foresight and planning from the league.

There are 31 other owners and they don't have to go along with this bullshit.

I mean do other teams in other sports have this much control over what goes on in the game? It just seems absurd to me in a basketball game that the home team would be in charge of doctoring the basketballs or anything else.

I will have to continue this discussion later as I have to go to court and I can check this thread while at lights or getting a coffee, but posting is probably out of the question.

Top Bottom