• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

Colasante

Why would anyone be laughing at the Raiders for signing Aldon Smith? This is a no-lose situation for them. He's a potential 20 sack player desperate to cash in and it's a one-year flier. If he goes bananas again, they can probably just cut him with little if any dead money.

cdyhybrid

Why would anyone be laughing at the Raiders for signing Aldon Smith? This is a no-lose situation for them. He's a potential 20 sack player desperate to cash in and it's a one-year flier. If he goes bananas again, they can probably just cut him with little if any dead money.

Pretty sure everyone gets why they did it.

It's just a very Raiders move.

zychi

Banned
So Ben is pissed off the pats were doing a dline shift. Didn't know dline could shift or slide.
They were yelling false snap noises. The shift itself isnt illegal, anyone who has played 30 mins of organized football could tell you this.

Hey you married fucks. How do you put up with your woman when she goes all crazy and shit.

I'll let you know when I figure it out.

The inane shit they get all up in arms about is very frustrating too. My wife is currently upset (though not openly saying anything) because I am losing weight so quickly (17lbs in 3 months) and she is not. I understand it, but at the same time I don't. If she was losing weight faster than me I would think it was fantastic and be super happy.

Beach

Raiders literally renting Smith before he eventually gets suspended. If they have the money why not. He can help at OLB immediatley.

Thought Reggie only signed choir boys though.

Pretty much.

I'm on a plane to Vegas right now as i type this post bruh.

She's gonna ruin my weekend in Vegas i just know it.

Is she going with you? If not, I now understand why she is upset.

To quote my wife "I want you to have a good time, just not without me." Actually, saying I understand is a bit much. I know what the problem is, I just don't understand why that problem exists.

The inane shit they get all up in arms about is very frustrating too. My wife is currently upset (though not openly saying anything) because I am losing weight so quickly (17lbs in 3 months) and she is not. I understand it, but at the same time I don't. If she was losing weight faster than me I would think it was fantastic and be super happy.

I always remember that great line by Nicholson in As Good As it Gets:

How do you write women so well?

I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.

Gigglepoo

How has the league not suspended Aldon Smith!? I'm shocked.

Also, the man still needs serious help. He's an addict, and he's not going to heal by playing football for the Raiders.

You insensitive bastard!! You better go devour a few double bacon cheeseburgers before it's too late!

She is! That's why i already know this gonna be a shitty weekend.

Oh man.... RIP WH

Nialrot

Was kind of hoping Aldon Smith would head to the Jaguars.

Low risk-high reward. Pass rush is going to be rough this year.

cdyhybrid

How has the league not suspended Aldon Smith!? I'm shocked.

Also, the man still needs serious help. He's an addict, and he's not going to heal by playing football for the Raiders.

Sounds like they're waiting for the cops.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 11m
On Aldon smith, NFL says it will follow developments (thus far no further police action); decline comment on their review. He can play Sun

methodman

Banned
Aldon hasn't been a great player for 2 years. That's a fact.

in 2013 he was off to 20+ sack start, but then he was in and out of rehab for two months. he wasn't able to train and wasn't the same that season. In 2014, when he came in week 10 it was pretty obvious he wasn't the same player. He's obviously a scary bet, but still a good pickup for the raiders if he comes in strong. Dude really fucked us though. we would have had an all-time LB core with willis (retired), borland (retired), bowman (injured all of last year), and Aldon (alcoholic). lol

You insensitive bastard!! You better go devour a few double bacon cheeseburgers before it's too late!

I would be all about that, but the whole thing that started me on the weight loss is that my cholesterol and BP were high, and heart disease is bad in my family. I was at 237 when I started dieting and weighed in at 219.8 this morning. I want to get back down to my post-college weight of 195, which seems appropriate for someone 6'2". Now I have to head to the doctor so he can tell me if my lipitor is working. Course he couldn't do it over the phone...

Sounds like they're waiting for the cops.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 11m
On Aldon smith, NFL says it will follow developments (thus far no further police action); decline comment on their review. He can play Sun

Listening to 95.7 Raiders station out here, and they even say the Aldon Smith arrest was sounding fishy when more info about the arrest came out ....there a chance the case might get toss

I would be all about that, but the whole thing that started me on the weight loss is that my cholesterol and BP were high, and heart disease is bad in my family. I was at 237 when I started dieting and weighed in at 219.8 this morning. I want to get back down to my post-college weight of 195, which seems appropriate for someone 6'2". Now I have to head to the doctor so he can tell me if my lipitor is working. Course he couldn't do it over the phone...

Damn that's rough, good luck seems like you're doing great so far! As for the wife...yeah just let her get over it. That's a land mine....

Doomsayer

Listening to 95.7 Raiders station out here, and they even say the Aldon Smith arrest was sounding fishy when more info about the arrest came out ....there a chance the case might get toss

I'm going to laugh so fucking hard if nothing comes from the case. Honestly, the Niners acted way too harsh in this situation. It's funny that whole mantra "winning with class" is thrown out the window for Ahmad Brooks (Sexual Assault, Assault, Asshole) and then we signed clown shoes Jerome Simpson even though we knew he'd be suspended to start the year.

I honestly believe Baalke ain't shit - look at our recent drafts, so many question marks and cut players already. This year is going to be very telling as to what kind of talent he can draft.

AJ Green got paid. Bungles money

AJ Green have agreed to a 4-year extension worth $60M, source said.

a2Dkmle.gif

I'm going to laugh so fucking hard if nothing comes from the case. Honestly, the Niners acted way too harsh in this situation. It's funny that whole mantra "winning with class" is thrown out the window for Ahmad Brooks (Sexual Assault, Assault, Asshole) and then we signed clown shoes Jerome Simpson even though we knew he'd be suspended to start the year.

I honestly believe Baalke ain't shit - look at our recent drafts, so many question marks and cut players already. This year is going to be very telling as to what kind of talent he can draft.

They mention saying Baalke really didnt want to cut him, might be a doing from someone else ...

I have no problem with the Raiders signing Smith because it's such a low risk/high reward move, but it's shocking because it's not a McKenzie type of move

Top Bottom