• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

COpDh43WoAAVckM.png

Perfection
Brady and Gronkowski just own the Steelers.

misdemeanor aint issh, if anything he get probation ...im thinking community service and a fine when everything done ....Aldon just have to worry bout how many game goodell gonna get him for

Hunter S.

Typical pick-up the Raiders in Aldon Smith. They have long history of taken in problem players. I hope Smith cleans up his life.

Though Smith is eligible to play day one. He will likely miss games on a large league suspension later in the season. With any luck, he will be gone for the second Broncos-Radiers matchup

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 9m9 minutes ago
#Raiders Aldon Smith thought it was wise to stay near therapists, counselors, support network he has built in Bay Area.

Incentive laden or not, I don't see how a one year contract hurts the Raiders in general. You've already gotten most of your roster carved out for this year and beyond. This is all money leftover for the season anyways. If he works out and gives you a productive game or two, great. If not, it was a gamble the team could make anyways.

Hunter S.

OK, but how does that exactly hurt the team when he's on an incentive laden one year contract? It's low risk

It doesn't other than the fact the suspension is supposed to happen this year according to the ESPN article. The contract surely accounts for an expected suspension, so not much risk.

BigAT

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 9m9 minutes ago
#Raiders Aldon Smith thought it was wise to stay near therapists, counselors, support network he has built in Bay Area.

Yeah, because that environment has helped him out so much up to this point in his career.

Colasante

I really liked Dion Lewis last night. Other than the fumble he was pretty good. I just hope they don't go away from him.

He definitely won't get as much run in the future with Blount and Cadet coming back, but it's a good sign that he was still getting the ball after the fumble. Shows he's already built a goodwill with Belichick that Ridley didn't have.

MechDX

Is this the first time in his career Clowney has been listed as "questionable"

Congrats!
Probable for Texans: Duane Brown (thumb), Jadeveon Clowney (knee), Christian Covington (shoulder), Benardrick McKinney (sprained MCL)

Probable. Jeez leave the guy alone

cdyhybrid

It's was hilarious to see Gronk get a free release like this

v10xZ5.gif

He had to have expected a safety behind him, right? He doesn't even make an effort to slow him down.

But it looks like there isn't even anyone except the one super-deep safety that was kind of on the other side of the field.

eznark

Banned
I think the last time I watched tennis was Jennifer Capriati. Never seen Serena play. Her legs are bigger than Gilbert Brown's

@JasonColeBR: Deal for Aldon Smith with #Raiders is worth up to $8M for the year with roster incentives. Smith turned down more $ from other teams ...

Against other teams he's can't run, but against the Giants man is alive and well...

Take solace in the fact that Odell Beckham is going to go to work on that poor Dallas defense, that they won't have their new guys up front, and they still don't know what the shit they are doing at RB. Giants could win this game. It's a shame Cruz is out though.

squicken

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/qa-sam-bradford-kellys-offense-is-a-quarterbacks-d/nncj3/

Q: How’s rookie wide receiver Nelson Agholor coming along?

A: He’s got a chance to be a really special player. He’s shown that he’s already probably one of the better route runners that I’ve seen or played with in the NFL. I think that just speak volumes for his work ethic. He’s one of the hardest workers that we have here. Since we drafted him, he’s one of the first ones in the building every day. He always wants to do extra. He always wants to catch more balls. Sometimes, you have to calm him down say, ‘it’s OK. You don’t need 500 balls today.’ You just love to see that work ethic. He wants to be great. The drive is there. It’s really fun being around a young wide receiver who has such a passion for the game.

A lot of eagles people are really high on Matthews, but I think it will be Agholor who is the offensive star this year, even as a rookie

Top Bottom