• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

5 rec 63 yards is torn apart?

Guess that's good for a guy who can't run. :p

Trashing Witten smh.

For a tight end yeah that's pretty damn good

7 for 69 against the Eagles in December is pretty good also. Maybe Chip will figure out how to stop a TE that supposedly can't run from gaining 21 yards on a pass next time

Pepiope

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/qa-sam-bradford-kellys-offense-is-a-quarterbacks-d/nncj3/

A lot of eagles people are really high on Matthews, but I think it will be Agholor who is the offensive star this year, even as a rookie
Aggy will fit in nicely here, but no way. Matthews is the better WR right now, no question.

Trashing Witten smh.

For a tight end yeah that's pretty damn good

7 for 69 against the Eagles in December is pretty good also. Maybe Chip will figure out how to stop a TE that supposedly can't run from gaining 21 yards on a pass next time
Our defense sucked and our LB core sucked without Meco. He should have had 100+.

and good for a TE? Must not have seen Gronk last night. That's tearing apart a D.

oneHeero

Witten can still run?
He can run routes and find a hole in any defense but Witten could never run. I love the guy but he runs upright and always seemed to go down easy. He has some great plays w alot of yardage but for theout part he can't run. He's just really smart.

squicken

I think DK may be right about all the teams being more open about the Pats cheating

"As a team and as players, we need to know there is an equal playing field," Lurie said. "That is all we ask. However that gets managed...we need to know there is always a complete level playing field for this sport."

Whether is a level playing field when it comes to the Patriots, however, is the question.

Accusations of the Patriots cheating go all the way back to 2000, when head coach Bill Belichick was hired. They span over the 2005 Super Bowl, in which the Patriots beat the Eagles, the closest Lurie has ever gotten to winning a title.

"I just say factually, I personally don't have enough information to make that determination," Lurie said when asked if he was cheated out of a title. "I look back on that game as some missed opportunities. We turned the ball over. I tend to focus on that. But, there has always been talk of that from the time the game finished and continued on to now. But I've moved way on since then."

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/09/patriots_cheating_scandal_eagles_jeffrey_lurie_def.html

Striker

Take solace in the fact that Odell Beckham is going to go to work on that poor Dallas defense, that they won't have their new guys up front, and they still don't know what the shit they are doing at RB. Giants could win this game. It's a shame Cruz is out though.
I suspect McAdoo is going to use Vereen a lot.

gutshot

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/qa-sam-bradford-kellys-offense-is-a-quarterbacks-d/nncj3/

A lot of eagles people are really high on Matthews, but I think it will be Agholor who is the offensive star this year, even as a rookie

Aggy will fit in nicely here, but no way. Matthews is the better WR right now, no question.

Our defense sucked and our LB core sucked without Meco. He should have had 100+.

and good for a TE? Must not have seen Gronk last night. That's tearing apart a D.

Matthews will be the volume guy who will get a ton of balls thrown his way and will rack up lots of catches and yards. Agholor will be more explosive and probably have a number of X-plays, but I don't see him being as consistent. He will have some games where he gets like 2 catches for 28 yards.

I suspect McAdoo is going to use Vereen a lot.

Not a bad idea given the Dallas front is going to be in rough shape until the suspensions are over. If they can move the ball on the ground significantly it's going to open up the field a lot.

It should be a good game. It would be a better game if somehow both teams could lose. In general though the division games are always a good watch because it seems like they can always go either way somehow.

Pepiope

Not a bad idea given the Dallas front is going to be in rough shape until the suspensions are over. If they can move the ball on the ground significantly it's going to open up the field a lot.

It should be a good game. It would be a better game if somehow both teams could lose. In general though the division games are always a good watch because it seems like they can always go either way somehow.
The Cowboys are our competition. I'll be more than satisfied with a Giants victory, I just don't see it.

squicken

Matthews will be the volume guy who will get a ton of balls thrown his way and will rack up lots of catches and yards. Agholor will be more explosive and probably have a number of X-plays, but I don't see him being as consistent. He will have some games where he gets like 2 catches for 28 yards.

I'm not so sure Matthews is the slot guy. There's been some talk that Sproles will be the slot guy, basically doing what Amendola did in STL. I think Cooper might be fazed out, with Huff and Agholor taking turns on the outside.

Murray is so good at pass protection. I think he and Sproles will both be on the field for key 3rd downs

Pepiope

I'm not so sure Matthews is the slot guy. There's been some talk that Sproles will be the slot guy, basically doing what Amendola did in STL. I think Cooper might be fazed out, with Huff and Agholor taking turns on the outside.

Murray is so good at pass protection. I think he and Sproles will both be on the field for key 3rd downs
I'm pretty sure it's Huff and Coop outside with Matthews in the slot. Not like it matters, the WRs move around a lot.

MechDX

"I would say that a headset issue happens every game. It happened in Dallas. It happens here." #Texans coach Bill O'Brien.

Every damn team is cheating. Bring back the USFL!

#SaveUsTrump

MechDX

Youngest NFL starting 22 (yrs-days):

1 STL 25-218
2 JAX 25-349
3 MIA 26-108
4 TEN 26-200
5 HOU 26-200
6 TB 26-303
7 SD 26-331
8 GB 26-351

For the Texans that's with Wilfork and Joseph listed as starters.
Old's. lol

Pepiope

Respect

He definitely won't get as much run in the future with Blount and Cadet coming back, but it's a good sign that he was still getting the ball after the fumble. Shows he's already built a goodwill with Belichick that Ridley didn't have.

I think it might have been a case of his eye's widening with a TD 5 yards away and he got careless...it was definitely fun to watch him though. Just as long as the fumbling doesn't become an issue.

JABEE

Not everyone is all about money, but I would have done the same thing if I were in Maxwell's shoes.

The fact that he gets to participate in 3 straight Super Bowls is just icing on the cake.

Slow down, pep.

I may have predicted an Eagles Super Bowl, but I wouldn't go that far!

eznark

Banned

ACE 1991

squicken

Some trolling fodder for you fine folks

Kelly's quarterbacks aren't given the option to audible out of a play. Barkley, who was traded to the Cardinals last week, recalled in the preseason game against the Colts when Kelly had the wrong play for the down and distance, but ran it anyway.

"He kept saying a curse word, 'Ah, screw it, screw it, screw it! Just run it!' " Barkley said.

"And we picked up the first down anyway. But it works when you're going fast."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Chip_Kelly_Evolution_of_a_play-caller.html

e:

To be fair, this is the same guy who thought Zach Mettenberger was a rising star before the draft

Sorry for the double post

The ATL guys like Mettenberger, for whatever reason. I think he's basically Nick Foles. They also don't like Carr, but mostly b/c they thought he checked down his way through the year last season

I just don't see how it's possible for Stafford not to throw at least at a 2:1 TD/INT ratio with 4,000 plus yards this season. He has all the weapons in the world but IMO he has a grasp of the game that few have.

He's reached that stage in his career, like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Roethisberger etc. where you can almost assuredly expect Stafford to come out and put up numbers. The difference is those guys have all won in the playoffs and that's the barometer Stafford will be measured by this season and for the rest of his career.

Stafford's already broken every Lions record (which isn't saying much but still counts for something) and a lot of NFL records as well, but Lions fans sometimes forget even though we drafted him 6 years ago he was 21 years old when we drafted him and he took over the worst team in NFL history.

Not all QBs have the luxury of sitting 5 years and learning a system like Aaron Rodgers did at Green Bay.

You're right all the tools are finally there for Stafford in terms of offensive weapons. Haven't felt this confident offensively since 2011-2012 and I feel more confident now that we have a more mature Matthew Stafford at the helm. He will put up numbers and points he's already proven he can.

I don't even like to think about this but if Stafford gets hurt, which is a possibility for any NFL QB, do you suddenly give up on him when he's 28 years old? I don't think so and I don't think the Lions front office will either. Do we look at drafting another developmental QB to put pressure on Stafford? I think it's something the team will look at but the pressure is on Stafford and Stafford knows that.

It's always been on him. He was the #1 pick in the 2009 draft.

Even a bad Stafford season would result in 4k yards though. TD:INT ratio though, sure that's a good measure. Personally I think he should at least have 30 TDs this year, 15 or fewer INTs seems likely.

In terms of injuries...if Stafford goes down you have to draft another QB next year, just to start the competition. Remember, Megatron is owed like 16mil next year if he's kept. How do we keep him if this year is a disaster, whether it's due to injuries or something else. The team has to make the playoffs, and honestly has to win a playoff game. They have to prove that this is the right system, players, etc.

Next year is the last year of Stafford's deal. He pretty much has to play lights out this year to get the extension he'll want. If this is a 2012/2013/2014 type failure though? Nah.

Bitanator

Is it even disrespect to say he's slow as fuck? That's been true ever since he entered the league. Still can't stop him though.

He caught up to Patrick Peterson during the Cardinals game saving a touchdown, dude was running with a jet engine on his back. He has deceptive speed.

Shane Ray ‏@X_RAYted56 20m20 minutes ago
Glad somebody giving aldon a chance. Too bad its the raiders though........

@X_RAYted56
For all the raiders fans salty about my last tweet. Idc I don't like you lol

Shane Ray already becoming a Broncos favorite.

Unga Bunga time

-1005d06f1a8929f9.JPG

Top Bottom