• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

squicken

-I think, at a minimum, the Pats try to emulate the "Moneyball" stuff from baseball. It's not about one huge advantage: it's about grabbing 1% here and 2% there. So they use under-inflated balls, mess with communications and equipment, push the officials to make mistakes.

-None of it is illegal, but it's as we all have said; They lack honor. You can argue any individual accusation and say there is no proof, but cumulatively, something is there

-Kraft is the greatest con man ever. Why do all these people keep thinking he is earnest and fair and honest?

Godslay

Banned
I'm not commenting on it, jackass. I've only said the timing is dubious. Also, its the only thing you fuckwits seem to want to talk about in here so, yea I guess that's all we're going to talk about it.

The timing is just as dubious as the balls disappearing and the timing of Brady's phone being destroyed.

I didn't see you commenting on that.

-I think, at a minimum, the Pats try to emulate the "Moneyball" stuff from baseball. It's not about one huge advantage: it's about grabbing 1% here and 2% there. So they use under-inflated balls, mess with communications and equipment, push the officials to make mistakes.

-None of it is illegal, but it's as we all have said; They lack honor. You can argue any individual accusation and say there is no proof, but cumulatively, something is there

-Kraft is the greatest con man ever. Why do all these people keep thinking he is earnest and fair and honest?

They were caught with the balls when they shouldn't have had them. That's a rules violation as the refs were the only ones that should have had them.

Communications equipment tapering or shadowing with rogue equipment would have also been illegal.

They are both illegal in the sense that they are rules violations.

Sometimes when you smell like shit it is because you are a piece of shit or at least have it smeared all over yourself.

I can't take 100% credit for this. Gata was the first person to post this (based on 1st hand experience?).
Can you go one day without mentioning my name?

No besides players suddenly remembering being served warm Gatorade and remembering their radio didn't work 10 years ago, where is the evidence for all that?

JABEE

I'm reading this article during break. It just keeps getting worse and worse. Ugh. Everything was true.

Godslay

Banned
No besides players suddenly remembering being served warm Gatorade and remembering their radio didn't work 10 years ago, where is the evidence for all that?

Doug Flutie and Karlos Dansby have commented on radios either not working or in Flutie's case picking up a rogue signal (being piped into Brady) after the the 15 second shut off.

MechDX

Terez A. Paylor
‏@TerezPaylor Texans will wear white jerseys on Sunday. Makes me think they’ll keep the dome open to take advantage of the heat: http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/uniform-combinations.html …

2 quick things:

1) Texans rarely open the damn roof. Has to below 80 (?) with no chance of rain. Not happening Sunday.

2) Team usually wears all white uniforms in a season opening home game

#UniformGate! Call Goodell! Pats South. I mean whats next? Warm Gatorade?

It happens all the time.

Most often when you have me banned.

But it was such an obvious comment to make. I had to do it. None of the rest of these bozos ever have it in them to make these observations.
It takes a while to get approved for a ban request. You should schedule some time off for December.

2 quick things:

1) Texans rarely open the damn roof. Has to below 80 (?) with no chance of rain. Not happening Sunday.

Trying to use the sun and heat to their advantage.

I'm disgusted and appalled.

squicken

Any and all firm "the Pats are cheaters" stuff comes from Spygate and Tom Brady destroying evidence. All the other stuff, sure, it could just be made up. But coaches and players are very reticent to bring these things up when they happen b/c they will get roasted for "complaining and making excuses". No coach is ever going to mention to the media that the drinks were late or his battery pack was worn

The Pats forfeited the benefit of doubt, so at some point in his life Belichick has to sit down and answer questions about what he has done

Usually guilty people don't admit their guilt.

It's weird like that.

Usually people don't go to the cops after 10 years to tell them their house got robbed.

Any and all firm "the Pats are cheaters" stuff comes from Spygate and Tom Brady destroying evidence. All the other stuff, sure, it could just be made up. But coaches and players are very reticent to bring these things up when they happen b/c they will get roasted for "complaining and making excuses". No coach is ever going to mention to the media that the drinks were late or his battery pack was worn

The Pats forfeited the benefit of doubt, so at some point in his life Belichick has to sit down and answer questions about what he has done

I'm not buying it.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The timing is just as dubious as the balls disappearing and the timing of Brady's phone being destroyed.

I didn't see you commenting on that.
cause as I've said all along, I don't care about deflated balls. If brady wanted to play with a fucking dead flat football, I wouldn't give a fuck and I don't think anyone else should. Its tantamount to a pitcher hiding pine tar or Vaseline on his glove or body. Its not important.

2 quick things:

yea no way they open the roof on sunday. They always do liberty white on the first game.

As someone that had season tickets in the north endzone for the hurricane Ike season where the roof was open every game, it was a miserable experience. Hot and the sun shining on you and literally no airflow or breeze to speak of. Rich Lord as I think matt Jackson or the other fat guy were like suck it up nancies they should have the roof open all the time. Bullshit.

bionic77

Usually people don't go to the cops after 10 years to tell them their house got robbed.
Happens all the time in sports.

Most of the time when people are caught in sports it is almost never because the governing body or another team caught them. It is almost always because someone who is part of the scheme gets caught or just because they come forward and break the story.

Besides the standard required to show that the Pats are scheming and cheating scumbags for Patriot fans is a standard that could never be met.

Godslay

Banned
Again.

Evidence besides them claiming this 10 years after the game?

Jack Del Rio also complained about it when he was with the Jags.

Don't you find it odd that the Patriots had no answer for this, and then in 2008 all the rules surrounding radio communications got updated in response to Spygate?

Probably just another one of those odd coincidences that only afflict the Patriots.

LJ11

Dude is all hustle.

effzee

cause as I've said all along, I don't care about deflated balls. If brady wanted to play with a fucking dead flat football, I wouldn't give a fuck and I don't think anyone else should. Its tantamount to a pitcher hiding pine tar or Vaseline on his glove or body. Its not important.

Who the fuck cares whether you think it's important or not? There is a rule in place. If you or the Pats think it's not important or shouldn't be followed bring it up to the competition committee but while it's in place and it's violated, there sites be punishment.

No one claims that this or their other examples of cheating is the sole reason they are successful but the fact they have been caught multiple times and continuing to do so shows they think there is competitive advantage to these things even if it violated rules.

If you don't want to talk about cheating in the NFL might want to avoid the NFL threads especially when expose articles are written about the Pats and cheating. Or stop commenting on it if you don't want the conversation to continue. What do you want us to do just ignore the article?

squicken

Thanks bro.

Its been a few hours since I have seen or read about JJ Watt in the media.

This really satisfies something that we can all agree we need a lot more of.

Like I said, it's not for people who think he is over-saturated. It goes into how the Texans scheme lets him do whatever he wants. He gambles a lot but they have a system in place for someone to cover up for him.

If you hate JJ Watt you can now say that any good player could put up JJ's stats, if said player could abandon his responsibilities any time he liked and go for the big play

Dude is all hustle.

He symbolizes America in it's finest form.

robert-kraft-jay-z-party-1.jpg

Respect

Like I said, it's not for people who think he is over-saturated. It goes into how the Texans scheme lets him do whatever he wants. He gambles a lot but they have a system in place for someone to cover up for him.

If you hate JJ Watt you can now say that any good player could put up JJ's stats, if said player could abandon his responsibilities any time he liked and go for the big play

So Jared Allen 2.0, except he didn't have anyone to cover for him.

bionic77

So Jared Allen 2.0, except he didn't have anyone to cover for him.
Watt is a fucking whore, but I can't remember the last time I saw someone as dominant on defense as him.

He is even better than James Harrison in 2008. That is saying something from a Steelers fan.

If Watt had Big Ben on his team he would be winning a championship every year (or at least until he replaced Strahan on Good Morning America or whatever the fuck show he is on).

Respect

Watt is a fucking whore, but I can't remember the last time I saw someone as dominant on defense as him.

He is even better than James Harrison in 2008. That is saying something from a Steelers fan.

If Watt had Big Ben on his team he would be winning a championship every year (or at least until he replaced Strahan on Good Morning America or whatever the fuck show he is on).

He's a beast on the field no doubt. Was more a knock on Allen who did his own thing (IE ignore the run and just try to get sacks).

LJ11

When you watch him play, if you pay attention, you can see the risks he takes. I'll check out the article after work, I'll try to anyway, because it's amazing how often he gets away with the risks he takes. He's a freak though, unbelievable athlete, so he can sometimes get caught and still make the play. Honest to god, two guys I've watched over the last 15 years that I'll talk about when I'm old, is Watt and college Cam Newton. Unreal athletes.

I guess this isn't a discussion forum? I'm not longer allowed to voice my opinion on any matters, got it. Thanks, fuckwit.

Dude you keep crying over and over again about people discussing the Pats years of systemic cheating. We get it, you dont think it is a big deal, to some of us it is the biggest thing in all of sports. You can post about whatever the fuck you want in this thread, no one cares, but to keep complaining about what other people want to talk about is silly.

Top Bottom