• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
He's a beast on the field no doubt. Was more a knock on Allen who did his own thing (IE ignore the run and just try to get sacks).

yea watt had 29 tackles for loss last year. Saying jared allen and jj watt in the same sentence is a disrespect to watt.

captive

Dude you keep crying over and over again about people discussing the Pats years of systemic cheating. We get it, you dont think it is a big deal, to some of us it is the biggest thing in all of sports. You can post about whatever the fuck you want in this thread, no one cares, but to keep complaining about what other people want to talk about is silly.

actually i would like for you to find where I said I didn't care about all of the patriots history of cheating. I have only ever said I don't care about deflate gate, biggest non issue ever.

USA today has chimed in on the Pats now:

The entire run of Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots is tainted
A lot of it was in the ESPN article but I didnt see this posted here yet:

While you should read the whole thing — maybe not you, Patriots fans who still somehow think Bill Belichick and Tom Brady are virtues of paragon — here a five completely damning sentences from the piece:

“A former Patriots employee who was directly involved in the taping system says “it helped our offense a lot,” especially in divisional games in which there was a short amount of time between the first and second matchups, making it harder for opposing coaches to change signals.”

“During games, Walsh later told investigators, the Patriots’ videographers were told to look like media members, to tape over their team logos or turn their sweatshirt inside out, to wear credentials that said Patriots TV or Kraft Productions. The videographers also were provided with excuses for what to tell NFL security if asked what they were doing: Tell them you’re filming the quarterbacks.”

actually i would like for you to find where I said I didn't care about all of the patriots history of cheating. I have only ever said I don't care about deflate gate, biggest non issue ever.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

squicken

And first-round pick D.J. Humphries struggled badly in camp, earning public criticism and the nickname of “Knee Deep” from Bruce Arians, who explained that putting a foot in Humphries’s ass wasn’t enough to motivate the Florida product.

Awesome nickname

BigAT

Holy shit, RIP.

Tyler was acting very erratic when he was cut by the Giants.

Wouldn't surprise me this is a CTE issue.

I suppose this is where the speculation will automatically go from now on when a young player dies. I do remember him dealing with at least one concussion while he was with the team.

Godslay

Banned

It was still a rules violation and the circumstances around it were dubious. It relates to the bigger picture of cheating by the Pats. Can't really discuss them isolation of one another.

Sorry you have a hard time seeing that.

I suppose this is where the speculation will automatically go from now on when a young player dies. I do remember him dealing with at least one concussion while he was with the team.
It was pretty significant as well. I remember him missing most of a season due to concussion. Hate to automatically jump right to that though as you said.

captive

It was still a rules violation and the circumstances around it were dubious. It relates to the bigger picture of cheating by the Pats. Can't really discuss them isolation of one another.

Sorry you have a hard time seeing that.

ok, and the rules punishment for that that rules violation is 25k fine. Not the end of the world and a 4 game suspension for someone that you can't even prove was involved.

Bread

Banned
USA today has chimed in on the Pats now:

The entire run of Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots is tainted
A lot of it was in the ESPN article but I didnt see this posted here yet:
hey usa today, check out this taint!
mrshowtaint.jpg

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-seattle-seahawks-1728720266

GOD DAMMIT lkdsajmf;ldsfjm;ldmmmmm;erwqf.e ,f;
Listening to Russell Wilson talk is like listening to a condensed form of every ESPY award speech.
I still say this is the year Russ snaps and fills up the trunk with dead hookers.
Our WRs are so laughably bad that I’m not sure they would start for a top 10 college football team.
The 1993-94 Sonics had the best record in the NBA, lose to 8th seeded Nuggets in 5. Mariners tie the record for most wins in baseball history, don’t even make it to the World Series.
I have the same Sunday allegiance as reject Dolphins fans.
Ok, so we all know what happened on the last play of the Super Bowl. But let’s take a minute to look at how they got to that position in the first place:

They struggled at the beginning of the season, and would have finished behind the Cardinals except that Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton both got injured. I’m assuming that Arizona’s QB coach had off-season workouts in a cursed mummy’s tomb, and that QBs on high school teams who’s mascot also happened to be the Cardinals were probably getting hurt by proxy.

They managed to avoid the Cowboys in the playoffs (who had curb-stomped them on their home field during the regular season) thanks to an especially bad blown call against the Packers.

They beat the Packers in the NFC Championship game only because someone on Green Bay’s kick coverage team completely forgot how onside kicks work.

And the reason they were on the two yard line at the end of the game is because of an impossible miracle catch:

There will never be a more perfect example of a team’s luck running out at the absolute worst possible moment.

Tomorrow's the Patriots. Can't wait :D

Bread

Banned
Russell Wilson is a great player, but also a soulless, inane, dumbshit goody-goody who has all the emotional accessibility of a replicant. He is Darren Rovell in pads. He is football A-Rod. He is a latter-day Will Smith: the one that makes shitty movies and is a poorly-closeted Scientologist. I can’t even imagine how many of his teammates make a wanking gesture any time this guy walks into the locker room and is like IT’S A GREAT DAY TO BE SPECIAL, YOU GUYS!
lmao

Godslay

Banned
ok, and the rules punishment for that that rules violation is 25k fine. Not the end of the world and a 4 game suspension for someone that you can't even prove was involved.

Spygate was factored into the punishment. Hence the bigger fine and punishment for the Patriots.

As far as Brady is concerned you say that the timing of the article is dubious, yet lend no credit to all the dubious shit surrounding DeflateGate in general. Can't have it both ways.

But why am I talking to someone who won't even read the article? That's the real question. Thanks for the time though.

cdyhybrid

hmmm i guess cdy isnt alone then

Nah, they didn't deflate the footballs. They just resorted to the dozens of other cheating tactics they haven't been caught for yet.

Like paying Darrell Bevell off to give the game away.

Nice strawman attempt, though!

Bread

Banned
Nah, they didn't deflate the footballs. They just resorted to the dozens of other cheating tactics they haven't been caught for yet.

Like paying Darrell Bevell off to give the game away.

Nice strawman attempt, though!
that wasn't a strawman, you've said many times that you thought the balls were deflated in the superbowl...

cdyhybrid

that wasn't a strawman, you've said many times that you thought the balls were deflated in the superbowl...

Jokingly. The Pats aren't dumb enough to keep using a particular cheat after getting caught (although if they were entirely that competent at cheating, they wouldn't get caught in the first place - the mind boggles).

Bread

Banned
Jokingly. The Pats aren't dumb enough to keep using a particular cheat after getting caught (although if they were entirely that competent at cheating, they wouldn't get caught in the first place - the mind boggles).
hard to tell when you're joking since most of your posts are a joke!

cdyhybrid

hard to tell when you're joking since most of your posts are a joke!

If anyone would be an expert on that, it would be you, I'll take that as a compliment!

100% of Seahawk fans think Wussle Wilson is a franchise qb so they obviously don't know dick about shit!

This is libel.

#FreeBJD

Have kraft do it when they win Superbowl 50

But everyone thinks Goodell is a stupid bitch already. If anything, that would earn him praise.

Top Bottom