• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Denver Defense just wanted to giver us a good show. And we thank them for it!

Ugly win, but man, if our Defense can keep this up all season....

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
GGs to the Chargers.

Tough road loss. No reason we should've lost that game after starting the game 21-3. Then something happened...the Chargers didn't get any sudden momentum it was gradual through the course of 3 fucking quarters.

I think Stafford got dinged up during what was IMO a clear roughing the passer that led to the INT. I don't see how that wasn't called but either way the refs were solid today for the most part. I think that hit affected Stafford till pretty much the last series. We'll see what Stafford says post game but I think the initial hit hurt him for a series or two but he had his strength back towards the end of the game.

But both offense and defense seem like they got the life sucked out of them in the 2nd half. I said it all game but the offense was playing way to conservative, till that last drive. We were playing to run the clock out instead of going in for another TD at the start of the second half.

Tough road loss and you'll get the usual hyperbole from Lions fans that the season is over (and those Lions fans are right most of the time just not here).

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and go into Week 2 against the Vikings with a clear head.

TLDR: Tough road loss mainly due to conservative playcalling plus cross patterns killing us but it's Week 1. 16 more weeks to play. Let's go into Minnesota Week 2 and get our offense back in rhythm

Griss

Looked like PI to this neutral. The back who didn't get the pick never turned his head. Oh well, my brother's a big Broncos fan so I'll allow it.

Griss

Sitting at 9-3-1 against the spread right now. Always nice to start the year with a good week! Two of my bad picks were blowouts (TB and OAK) but all the close ones went my way. Love that kind of week.

eznark

Banned
GGs to the Chargers.

Tough road loss. No reason we should've lost that game after starting the game 21-3. Then something happened...the Chargers didn't get any sudden momentum it was gradual through the course of 3 fucking quarters.

I think Stafford got dinged up during what was IMO a clear roughing the passer that led to the INT. I don't see how that wasn't called but either way the refs were solid today for the most part. I think that hit affected Stafford till pretty much the last series. We'll see what Stafford says post game but I think the initial hit hurt him for a series or two but he had his strength back towards the end of the game.

But both offense and defense seem like they got the life sucked out of them in the 2nd half. I said it all game but the offense was playing way to conservative, till that last drive. We were playing to run the clock out instead of going in for another TD at the start of the second half.

Tough road loss and you'll get the usual hyperbole from Lions fans that the season is over (and those Lions fans are right most of the time just not here).

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and go into Week 2 against the Vikings with a clear head.

TLDR: Tough road loss mainly due to conservative playcalling plus cross patterns killing us but it's Week 1. 16 more weeks to play. Let's go into Minnesota Week 2 and get our offense back in rhythm

Lions offense and Matt Stafford were in peak 2014 form.

Jarnet87

stat they just said during the Bucs game. Bucs had the most penalties in the league on offense last season. Of their 11 penalties today 8 were on the offense.

#offtoagreatstart.

squicken

Dunno what Wade Phillips does, but his defenses Year 1 are so good

Houston had a title-tier D the year TJ Yates happened. Loss of Cushing was also big

Well, i never expect to win on the road with Flacco and he did not disappoint. D looks ferocious and the AFC North should be a breeze.

Bills gon win it all. Go Tyrod!

Top Bottom