• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

Ouch.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...cos-game-still-hospitalized-after-taking-hit/

Line judge Gary Arthur wasn’t able to finish yesterday’s Ravens-Broncos game after taking a hard shot during a punt in the first quarter.

And it doesn’t sound like he’s going to be working any time soon, either.

A league source tells PFT that Arthur remains hospitalized in Denver, and suffered nine broken ribs and a collapsed lung in the collision.

That’s far worse than the broken collarbone which was reported during the CBS broadcast, and underscores the danger these guys are in while trying to direct traffic among 22 players destined for a high-speed collision on every play.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Romeo is bad.

This is a cop out. Is it Romeos fault someone left Kelce uncovered and just march down the field for a 42 yard TD? I may not know the most about football, but I can imagine its not in the game plan to leave people uncovered, let alone one of the best TEs in football.

I really hope someone else gets Cardale before the Browns get him.

He has a ton of potential in the NFL, but he's going to be a project. And the Browns are completely incapable of developing him into the elite NFL QB that he could possibly be.

Agreed.. But they won't. We will kill his career unfortunately.

Is it the 2016 Draft yet?

I wish.

U3ZHkSn.gif

Only smile BG.. Be entertained by how we fuck it up. That's what gets me through it.

Also Fuck the NFL for not suspending Pacman because that was literally assault on the field because that just popped up on my bleacher report update.

Excited for Chiefs/Broncos on Thursday. If the Chiefs break the streak (0-6 vs Peyton) AND do it on primetime, there will be #NoDoubt Peyton's done

Jarnet87

So Luke Joeckel sucks, Eric Fisher sucks, and Dion Jordan might already be finished. Das a good top o' da draft meng.

Let us not forget Bucs fans. Trading away the 13th pick (who would eventually become pro bowler Sheldan Richardson) for one year of misusing Revis. What a franchise.

I'm actually quite relieved that the Browns aren't even going to pretend to be any good this season.

It will save me a great deal of anguish. Last year was unbearable.

LJ11

This is a cop out. Is it Romeos fault someone left Kelce uncovered and just march down the field for a 42 yard TD? I may not know the most about football, but I can imagine its not in the game plan to leave people uncovered, let alone one of the best TEs in football.

It's his job to have the unit prepared, his unit wasn't. I still remember Romeo sitting in Nickel against the Bills opening day when he was coaching KC. All the Bills did was pound the football out of spread formations, ran for a shit ton of yards and KC would not go into base even though Fitz was QB and the pass wasn't a real threat. Later in the year Wade did the exact opposite of what Romeo did, stayed in base and said fuck your pass, Texans won.

Edit: I don't want to excuse the players either, they fucked up too.

eznark

Banned
PFF is going private. Negotiated with their NFL clients to stop selling their grades to the general public.

Lame. as. fuck.

captive

It's his job to have the unit prepared, his unit wasn't. I still remember Romeo sitting in Nickel against the Bills opening day when he was coaching KC. All the Bills did was pound the football out of spread formations, ran for a shit ton of yards and KC would not go into base even though Fitz was QB and the pass wasn't a real threat. Later in the year Wade did the exact opposite of what Romeo did, stayed in base and said fuck your pass, Texans won.

ok, then how come the chiefs didn't score in the second half? Their field position was excellent all game, they're average starting position was their own 40 yard line.

Yea they looked not ready in the first half, maybe that goes back a lot of the starters not playing at all in the preseason. Who knows. The defense down the stretch last year was very good, one of the tops in the league, i'm not ready to say romeo is bad. Especially when 14 of the points were pretty much gifted

Hunter S.

Excited for Chiefs/Broncos on Thursday. If the Chiefs break the streak (0-6 vs Peyton) AND do it on primetime, there will be #NoDoubt Peyton's done

To be fair he is 19-1 against them in all. And losing on the road this time would not be too surprising ( the chefs looked good). It was a defensive battle in which Flacco also threw no touchdowns in the game, meh.

MechDX

Hoyer was shit as I expected which helped to temper my disappointment. How the fuck do you throw an interception on your first pass, on the first play of the season opener? He looked flustered and rushed after that. I know the line didn't help at times but he has to see what is coming. On the other hand once again Mallett made quick decisions and rifled the ball where it needed to be. I would rather lose with Mallett slinging and slanging than Hoyer holding on to the damn ball waiting for the sack

Clowney actually played a pretty damn nice game. When you consider he came back from a surgery that has just killed more players careers than people have come back from. He also did this in record time.

Bottom line on Texans yesterday: it is week 1. I believe in the head coach and that he will get this corrected. The first step is admitting he was completely wrong on Hoyer.

eznark

Banned
Wow that blows!

wow that sucks for us.

We are really excited about the new changes we’ve made to our website! As a part of those changes, we made our grading system much easier to compare players by converting our grades into PFF Ratings, which are presented on a 0-100 scale. PFF Ratings are the product of 96,000 hours of grading tape and tell you exactly how good every player in the NFL is at a given time. We update these PFF Ratings every week.

These are the same grades used by 19 NFL teams to assess performance.

Launching in the next several weeks, PFF Ratings will be available for purchase in both lists and an impressive depth chart tool. These depth charts allow you to quickly assess match-ups and teams’ strengths/weaknesses. You will also have the ability to navigate and rank players both by position and team.

As a part of these changes, beginning September 10, 2015, we will no longer provide new subscriptions or renewals to the Premium Statistics. You will continue to have access to Premium Statistics until your subscription period ends. If your subscription expires before the end of October you will continue to have access through October 31, 2015 at no additional charge.

PFF Ratings will be available soon, and we will be giving them to you for free for the duration of your Premium Statistics subscription.

If you are interesting in using Premium Statistics for commercial purposes, or if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at contact@profootballfocus.com. We will get back to you promptly.

I'm assuming it's a result of teams paying to lock them down, don't know that for sure. Only thing that makes sense.

Hindl

Good morning degenerates! Got another injury for Dallas. JJ Wilcox broke his nose after smashing Beckham.

Sucks. Is he gonna miss any time? That was like another body bag game last night. I'd assume it's alright to play with a broken nose?

Crisco

Banned
Hoyer was shit as I expected which helped to temper my disappointment. How the fuck do you throw an interception on your first pass, on the first play of the season opener? He looked flustered and rushed after that. I know the line didn't help at times but he has to see what is coming. On the other hand once again Mallett made quick decisions and rifled the ball where it needed to be. I would rather lose with Mallett slinging and slanging than Hoyer holding on to the damn ball waiting for the sack

Clowney actually played a pretty damn nice game. When you consider he came back from a surgery that has just killed more players careers than people have come back from. He also did this in record time.

Bottom line on Texans yesterday: it is week 1. I believe in the head coach and that he will get this corrected. The first step is admitting he was completely wrong on Hoyer.

Gonna be a battle next week in Charlotte. I think the Panthers win in a low scoring squeaker. Watt and Clowney are going to incinerate our offensive line, while our secondary gets at least 2 INTs off Hoyer. Difference will be a defensive TD or Cam heroics.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Yeah

Mallett is gonna make mistakes too but he won't look like a scared little bitch and at least try to win the damn game.

Gonna be a battle next week in Charlotte. I think the Panthers win in a low scoring squeaker. Watt and Clowney are going to incinerate our offensive line, while our secondary gets at least 2 INTs of Hoyer. Difference will be a defensive TD or Cam heroics.

What if Mallett plays?

captive

I'm assuming it's a result of teams paying to lock them down, don't know that for sure. Only thing that makes sense.
it seems to me that teams don't want the fans to have all the information we have available to us. I mean we can watch the same coaches film they get. There's been comments from members of teams essentially saying us dullards don't know what we're watching on the all 22.

exactly. The Ravens killed the run game. Except in the second half. They did a good job defensively against their former offensive coordinator and Kubiak did the same.

that bootleg roll out by manning, oh. my. god. I thought schaub was slow. That shit was awful and manning just chucked that ball into the dirt.

spyder_ur

A lot of people are saying (rightly) that's it's easy to overreact to Week 1. At the same time in terms of evaluating teams and projecting their seasons I think it's just as easy to underreact to what we've seen. The NFL is the most volatile of the sports leagues from year to year. Unless a team has given me a good reason to have confidence in them, which usually boils down to consistency with coach/QB, then yeah I think you can tell a lot from week 1. Only the Patriots, Seahawks, probably Packers and Ravens and maybe the Colts give me that confidence.

eznark

Banned
it seems to me that teams don't want the fans to have all the information we have available to us. I mean we can watch the same coaches film they get. There's been comments from members of teams essentially saying us dullards don't know what we're watching on the all 22.

That's generally true, especially if you have never been taught how to watch film.

Zeke

Sucks. Is he gonna miss any time? That was like another body bag game last night. I'd assume it's alright to play with a broken nose?
No word that I can find yet. I imagine he'll play he managed to finish the game out last night. Beckham also said that's the hardest he's ever been hit.

Hunter S.

that bootleg roll out by manning, oh. my. god. I thought schaub was slow. That shit was awful and manning just chucked that ball into the dirt.

The offensive line was terrible against Suggs, Dumerville and company too. It is a concern along with Peyton.

No more Suggs though. I am sure the rest of AFC North is happy about that.

Crisco

Banned
it seems to me that teams vegas don't want the fans to have all the information we have available to us. I mean we can watch the same coaches film they get. There's been comments from members of teams essentially saying us dullards don't know what we're watching on the all 22.

What if Mallett plays?

I doubt that makes much of a difference. Our defense is going to give even good QBs trouble this year. The front seven is as nasty as ever while the secondary can cover, hit and force turnovers. If Kuechly doesn't play and Star is still out then y'all might have a chance to ram it down our throats for some long scoring drives which might be enough if Cam and the offense struggle. Texans passing game won't be a factor regardless.

I think the Chiefs win on Thursday:

- They're at Arrowhead.
- Chiefs D is every bit as tough if not better than the Ravens D
- Broncos OL is very iffy
- Peyton got beat up
- Short turnarounds typically don't fare well for Manning

I think it will be another grind, but I trust Smith to make smart decisions with the football and Charles to keep drives extended.

eznark

Banned
Harrison Smith is going to have a monster fucking game today. Most fun secondary player to watch and he is going against a guy who has no idea how to read a defense.

FUN TIMES FOR THE SCORTUM SLASHERS

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm actually quite relieved that the Browns aren't even going to pretend to be any good this season.

It will save me a great deal of anguish. Last year was unbearable.

Yeah seeing you actually being optimistic felt weird.

So with that said, I'll see you next Sunday for more suffering.

LJ11

That's generally true, especially if you have never been taught how to watch film.

Who taught the PFF guys? That's one issue I have, who taught all these guys? They don't even use all-22.

Generally, I know I'm clueless because you can read/interpret a play in multiple ways at times.

https://vine.co/v/eF2nVH9baPD

It's Aaron Donald, but the RG for SEA got killed all game yesterday. I think Lynch had 73 yards rushing, but probably 90 yards after contact

He's a fucking machine, ridiculous. I'll watch every Rams game this year, to some extent, because of this guy. Just demolishes guys with his speed, and quickness.

Hunter S.

aqib-talib-boss-570x319.jpeg

Defense was still good.
As ESPN put it, " it was a team win, Brady always had a good team to help him win,and Peyton never had that, but he has that now. He should hopefully be happy about that."

spyder_ur

https://vine.co/v/eF2nVH9baPD

It's Aaron Donald, but the RG for SEA got killed all game yesterday. I think Lynch had 73 yards rushing, but probably 90 yards after contact

That Rams DLine is a revelation and Donald really might have been the best player I saw yesterday. What a beast - I knew he was great but god damn. They were in on Wilson so fast.

Also Wilson looks hilariously small from the camera angle on that play.

eznark

Banned
Who taught the PFF guys? That's one issue I have, who taught all these guys? They don't even use all-22.

Generally, I know I'm clueless because you can read/interpret a play in multiple ways at times.

Dunno, and that's why I have never paid for it. I don't trust them. Especially looking at the positive grade they gave to HaHa's run support.

The only positions I am confident in when watching film is the QB position and the secondary. And by "confident" I mean I understand what/when/why they are doing things. That doesn't make me a good talent evaluator by any means, but I have spent enough hours focusing on those specific positions
I PLAYED HS QB SO I FUCKING KNOW
that I am confident in declaring who fucked up what on any given play.

That said, if you don't understand the overall scheme it's impossible to know who broke down where.

I listen to some of these kids talk, guys like Kap and irg3 and Hundley and I just want to go to Waukesha and be my HS coaches agent and hire him out to teach QB's how to watch film and read defenses, because it's clear my education was superior.

LevelNth

Banned
Lol, just read an article where the Seattle kicker is trying to pretend he mishit the onside kick and it was supposed to be a squib. Nice guy trying to bail out Carroll after another idiot playcall.

On the replay it is clear as day he kicked it exactly as he wanted, with his head perfectly following it afterwards and the Seahawks players completely zoning in on it in that general area, it's clear they were prepared to go for a possible recovery.

Top Bottom