• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

bionic77

aqib-talib-boss-570x319.jpeg

Defense was still good.
As ESPN put it, " it was a team win, Brady always had a good team to help him win,and Peyton never had that, but he has it has that now. He should hopefully be happy about that."
I am sorry but that is bullshit.

Peyton had some beastly teams when he was with the Colts.

What Peyton never had was a really great head coach.

Rarely if ever is ESPN ever correct about anything.

That's generally true, especially if you have never been taught how to watch film.
People can still pick up a lot, but obviously you can't get everything out of a play unless you have a lot more experience and knowledge of what the team was trying to do.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Dunno, and that's why I have never paid for it. I don't trust them. Especially looking at the positive grade they gave to HaHa's run support.

The only positions I am confident in when watching film is the QB position and the secondary. And by "confident" I mean I understand what/when/why they are doing things. That doesn't make me a good talent evaluator by any means, but I have spent enough hours focusing on those specific positions
I PLAYED HS QB SO I FUCKING KNOW
that I am confident in declaring who fucked up what on any given play.

That said, if you don't understand the overall scheme it's impossible to know who broke down where.

I listen to some of these kids talk, guys like Kap and irg3 and Hundley and I just want to go to Waukesha and be my HS coaches agent and hire him out to teach QB's how to watch film and read defenses, because it's clear my education was superior.
nice, this made me lol.

that's what I mean by its true to an extent when watching the all 22. Like if a CB lets a receiver fly by him and no one covers that guy, either the CB had the wrong play call and thought he had safety help, or the safety had the wrong call and covered the wrong guy. So in general its one of those two guys fault. OL and DL is very difficult to judge, cause we don't know what each guy should be doing.

Zeke

Michele Tafoya asked Romo how he was able to keep his composure on the botched snap. Romo said he had a lot practice when Andre gurode was the center :jnc

eznark

Banned
Michele Tafoya asked Romo how he was able to keep his composure on the botched snap. Romo said he had a lot practice when Andre gurode was the center :jnc

Romo seriously gonna shit on someone else for a botched snap? That's where we are at now?

Hunter S.

I think the Chiefs win on Thursday:

- They're at Arrowhead.
- Chiefs D is every bit as tough if not better than the Ravens D
- Broncos OL is very iffy
- Peyton got beat up
- Short turnarounds typically don't fare well for Manning

I think it will be another grind, but I trust Smith to make smart decisions with the football and Charles to keep drives extended.

Historically since 2010 he has not been great against the Broncos. His highest yard total is 107. The rest are far worse. The D will focus strongly on stopping him once again. He is fresh though.

Lol, just read an article where the Seattle kicker is trying to pretend he mishit the onside kick and it was supposed to be a squib. Nice guy trying to bail out Carroll after another idiot playcall.

On the replay it is clear as day he kicked it exactly as he wanted, with his head perfectly following it afterwards and the Seahawks players completely zoning in on it in that general area, it's clear they were prepared to go for a possible recovery.

Yah, it's just sad. Everyone, including the blind deaf guy eating from dumpster outside the stadium, could tell car as day that kick went just the way it was supposed to. Stupid fucking playcall.

Hunter S.

I am sorry but that is bullshit.

Peyton had some beastly teams when he was with the Colts.

What Peyton never had was a really great head coach.

Rarely if ever is ESPN ever correct about anything.

People can still pick up a lot, but obviously you can't get everything out of a play unless you have a lot more experience and knowledge of what the team was trying to do.

Well, I trust those guys more than any random guy on their keyboard. Even you my good/evil lawyer.

No punishment for Suh (Since he didn't do anything) Eat shit Mech!!

Also I won't overreact on the Dolphins even though we didn't look good at all minus our special teams I guess...but after we look terrible against the Jags then I'll start to worry.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Romo's comment was playful and Gurode was pretty notorious for his snap placement.

the snap in question hit Romo in the hand. The only way it wasn't a good snap is if the center thought Romo called for it when he didn't.

MechDX

No punishment for Suh (Since he didn't do anything) Eat shit Mech!!

Also I won't overreact on the Dolphins even though we didn't look good at all minus our special teams I guess...but after we look terrible against the Jags then I'll start to worry.

Meh.....league is now gun shy to pull the trigger and actually punish anyone. He will do something even more blatant this season to push the boundaries and test them. He just cant help himself

zychi

Banned
Romo seriously gonna shit on someone else for a botched snap? That's where we are at now?
I know its you eznark, but players can have good relationships with their teammates and rib them on tv. I know no one in gb gets along with each other off the field, but hating on Romo, a known goofball, is just weird

bionic77

As long as it's against Brady I don't care.
:lol

Its going to be so awkward when all of America cheers on Suh for his cheap shots against Brady.

ehhhh... Well, my original qoute is a paraphrase of what I watched at the gym last night as I did my aerobics while still slightly buzzed from the football drinking. lol
A lot of our best work is done while under the influence.

Changing gears, NFL Sunday Ticket is the best. I just wish there was a way to watch two games at once. I need to look at the PIP on my tv again. It is so weird being able to just turn onto any game you want to and not being stuck with Redskins/Dolphins for 3 hours.

eznark

Banned
I know its you eznark, but players can have good relationships with their teammates and rib them on tv. I know no one in gb gets along with each other off the field, but hating on Romo, a known goofball, is just weird

Nothing weird about hating a Cowboy.

Historically since 2010 he has not been great against the Broncos. His highest yard total is 107. The rest are far worse. The D will focus strongly on stopping him once again. He is fresh though.

That may be so, but I trust Kansas City's ability to run the ball more than I do Denver's. I think Kansas City excels in the areas that will matter this Thursday.

:lol

Its going to be so awkward when all of America cheers on Suh for his cheap shots against Brady.

A lot of our best work is done while under the influence.

Changing gears, NFL Sunday Ticket is the best. I just wish there was a way to watch two games at once. I need to look at the PIP on my tv again. It is so weird being able to just turn onto any game you want to and not being stuck with Redskins/Dolphins for 3 hours.

Do you have a 2nd TV? I called yesterday and they upgraded my free sunday ticket to sunday ticket max for $25. So now I can have a game on the tv that is connected to the cable box and the tv next to it is connected to my XB1 and I can have a game/redzone on it. I actually had 3 games going at one point yesterday due to having one on my tablet. It was so awesome.

bionic77

Do you have a 2nd TV? I called yesterday and they upgraded my free sunday ticket to sunday ticket max for $25. So now I can have a game on the tv that is connected to the cable box and the tv next to it is connected to my XB1 and I can have a game/redzone on it. I actually had 3 games going at one point yesterday due to having one on my tablet. It was so awesome.
I uh have the college plan.

Not because I used a cousins name and info from college but because this is just like that Rodney Dangerfield movie from the 80s (without the kid who everyone hated, I am on my own)!

I will check to see if I can get another stream going on my laptop. Our 2nd tv is in the basement.

Also football is a family killer. Why won't Goodell think of the kids? Because I can't fucking seem to remember I have any when there is this much football on!

League is gun shy as I said. That head slam was so blatant and uncalled for. I don't give a damn what happened to Jones before that.

Agreed. He should have been thrown out of the game with this one.

No you and dolphins fans are the worst.

Worse than me?

I uh have the college plan.

Not because I used a cousins name and info from college but because this is just like that Rodney Dangerfield movie from the 80s (without the kid who everyone hated, I am on my own)!

You gonna do a triple lindy and win the hot chick?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
That Rams DLine is a revelation and Donald really might have been the best player I saw yesterday. What a beast - I knew he was great but god damn. They were in on Wilson so fast.

Also Wilson looks hilariously small from the camera angle on that play.

Huh wat. The Rams DL has been one of the best in the league for the last few years, Donald was defensive rookie of the year. The Giants took OBJ right before, so I can't be mad but man he would have been a seriously nice piece on the DL which we need.

To that end I was happy with what I saw from Erik Flowers last night and the Giants OL as a whole, granted the Dallas D doesn't scare me much. I still cannot believe that for all the picks the Giants have spent on offense and now we are in year 2 of the McAdoo system, the whole O still looks like complete garbage. This has been the case for years. The offense stagnates for quarters at a time and it's up to the defense to keep games close. Not sure if it's a function of Eli's erratic play or what but that needs to change and fast.

The defense was responsible for 14 of 26 points last night. That is absurd.

Top Bottom