• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

bionic77

You gonna do a triple lindy and win the hot chick?
The enthusiasm of the 80s was the best but it backfired in this movie.

No one ever gave a fuck about high diving. People only care when you fuck up or if the person is really hot as it gives you an excuse to see them in a skimpy bathing suit.

zychi

Banned
:lol

Its going to be so awkward when all of America cheers on Suh for his cheap shots against Brady.

A lot of our best work is done while under the influence.

Changing gears, NFL Sunday Ticket is the best. I just wish there was a way to watch two games at once. I need to look at the PIP on my tv again. It is so weird being able to just turn onto any game you want to and not being stuck with Redskins/Dolphins for 3 hours.
Use the web interface. Only version this year(unless i missed an option) that allows it now

squicken

The enthusiasm of the 80s was the best but it backfired in this movie.

No one ever gave a fuck about high diving. People only care when you fuck up or if the person is really hot as it gives you an excuse to see them in a skimpy bathing suit.

Screw you, sir. The Triple Lindy is up there with the 4 minute mile in terms of athletic accomplishments

Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer
Forbes has the Cowboys revenue for 2014 at $620 million and their operating income at $270 million. That's absolutely bonkers
Pls get rid of the salary cap. It's unfair to Jerry.

No punishment for Suh (Since he didn't do anything) Eat shit Mech!!

Also I won't overreact on the Dolphins even though we didn't look good at all minus our special teams I guess...but after we look terrible against the Jags then I'll start to worry.

I hope we are more prepared when we play them this year. That was such an ugly game last year.

I won't panic until we get embarrassed by the Bills in Week 3.

Zeke

Just read they are saying Dez might be back in four weeks. That would be in time for the pats game. I hope they don't rush him back too fast I'd hate for him to come back too soon and get hurt again.

Just read they are saying Dez might be back in four weeks. That would be in time for the pats game. I hope they don't rush him back too fast I'd hate for him to come back too soon and get hurt again.

There's a bye week right after that for the Cowboys so why rush him back?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Bittersweet day - my dolphins win (though a little too close for comfort - either the Redskins D is good or the Dolphins O is not good); but my current hometown Seahawks lose, so everyone's in a bad mood today (the missus' dad was at the game in STL; taunting me the entire time, as the missus and her family are from STL).

Madden knew something about Tyrod Taylor that no one else did, apparently.

Overreaction Monday thoughts
  • Ok, maybe Kelly wasn't insane in trying to get Mariota.
  • Buffalo's D looks terrifying. Also, Rex Ryan is reminding me why he's probably the best coach in the NFL.
  • Miami's O looks...ugh
  • Legion of Boom might have taken one too many hits finally
  • Seattle's OL is going to get RW injured
  • Rams DL is teeeerrrrifying.
  • Arizona might be really, really good.
  • The Browns OL hates Johnny Football
  • Is the Giants D good, or the Cowboys O really missing Murray?
  • With Suggs being out for the season; don't think there's anyone who stops the Patriots from getting to the SB again.
  • The AFC really does suck. Would Denver or the Patriots be even in the top 5 teams in the NFC? (Seattle, GB, AZ, Dallas, Philly, STL)
  • Dorsett was probably a bad pick for the Colts. They need D.
  • Oh, NOW YOU SHOW UP PERCY HARVIN
  • Anyone have DBs for trade? I think Miami could use them.

I was watching the Chargers game yesterday and couldn't help but notice how much better Stevie Johnson looked. Apparently he was hiding a knee injury last year according to the commentators.

http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/Raiders-Michael-Crabtree-blessed-to-have-6501031.php

“A lot of people don’t know that the Niners offered me a contract, I just didn’t take it,” Crabtree said. “I wanted a fresh start. It was more money too — the Niners offered me more money than anybody did — but business is business and I wanted to come to a team that really wanted and needed me.”

I needed new scenery. It wasn’t for me,” Crabtree said. “I needed a quarterback that can deliver the ball, and that was hungry like I was.

Shots fired...

Spinluck

I uh have the college plan.

Not because I used a cousins name and info from college but because this is just like that Rodney Dangerfield movie from the 80s (without the kid who everyone hated, I am on my own)!

I will check to see if I can get another stream going on my laptop. Our 2nd tv is in the basement.

Also football is a family killer. Why won't Goodell think of the kids? Because I can't fucking seem to remember I have any when there is this much football on!

Do you have Chromecast?

What I did was stream one game from my phone to my Chromecast, then I used my Macbook to steam Redzone and carried it around my apartment or hooked it up to my other TV via hdmi when I was sitting down.

It will work as long as you don't mess with the Chromecast stream on your phone, because if you try to switch games on your phone, it will say you've logged in on another device. You can however, switch games on the laptop without getting this prompt. For what I gathered, once it's streaming to your Chromecast, it's taken care of through the Chromecast on that end and only considers you logged in on your phone. It's a nice little bypass.

So yeah stream your terrible Steelers defense on the Chromecast and don't try to change it, and have red zone or my beautiful Colts team on your other device.

Zeke

There's a bye week right after that for the Cowboys so why rush him back?
Because he's Dez? Did you see him bringing his gimpy ass out of locker room after the game? I can see Dez trying to play that game and the team having to put a leash on his ass. I agree with you tho he should be held back until after the bye. Only thing I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks are hardy and McClain coming back.

Draxal

Huh wat. The Rams DL has been one of the best in the league for the last few years, Donald was defensive rookie of the year. The Giants took OBJ right before, so I can't be mad but man he would have been a seriously nice piece on the DL which we need.

To that end I was happy with what I saw from Erik Flowers last night and the Giants OL as a whole, granted the Dallas D doesn't scare me much. I still cannot believe that for all the picks the Giants have spent on offense and now we are in year 2 of the McAdoo system, the whole O still looks like complete garbage. This has been the case for years. The offense stagnates for quarters at a time and it's up to the defense to keep games close. Not sure if it's a function of Eli's erratic play or what but that needs to change and fast.

The defense was responsible for 14 of 26 points last night. That is absurd.

It's called What would James Jones do. Preston Parker was horrific.

aqib-talib-boss-570x319.jpeg

Defense was still good.
As ESPN put it, " it was a team win, Brady always had a good team to help him win,and Peyton never had that, but he has that now. He should hopefully be happy about that."

The 2013 Broncos were the best team in the NFL and they got bounced by a hail mary in a double OT game. This team isn't as good as that one was. I'm expecting the offense to get better but I don't think this team is as good as that one was.

Mindlog

JakFacts: The last Tampa Bay Buccaneer home victory was against the Buffalo Bills in December 2013.

In that game Mike Glennon went off completing an astounding 36% of his passes for 90 yards and two touchdowns. And two interceptions.

In reference to then head coach Greag Schiano,
"We just don't quit, and that all starts with our head coach. That's how he is," defensive tackle Gerald McCoy said. "He's very consistent with his effort, and nothing really changes with how he prepares and how he comes to work every day that makes you want to work harder for that guy."
Go Bucs!

Hunter S.

The 2013 Broncos were the best team in the NFL and they got bounced by a hail mary in a double OT game. This team isn't as good as that one was. I'm expecting the offense to get better but I don't think this team is as good as that one was.

Agreed, but we have to remember that defense wins championships more often. The starting D this year is better than the D 2013. The Broncos have been moving towards a better D since Elway came. Just look at all his number one draft picks he has made, all are on D. The blowout against Seattle cemented the idea. We have to get used to a less exciting, but possibly more successful defense based team.

Unless the offense gets a lot better.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago
Raiders fear safety Nate Allen tore his ACL; more tests today. Oakland's other starting safety Charles Woodson injured shoulder, MRI today.

It gets worse for the Raiders.

bionic77

Use the web interface. Only version this year(unless i missed an option) that allows it now
I could not get it to work full screen and do PIP.

It only did the 4 way picture in the smaller screen view.

Is that normal or was it fucking up or should I use another browser (I was on Safari). Definitely no option for that on the PS4.

Do you have Chromecast?

What I did was stream one game from my phone to my Chromecast, then I used my Macbook to steam Redzone and carried it around my apartment or hooked it up to my other TV via hdmi when I was sitting down.

It will work as long as you don't mess with the Chromecast stream on your phone, because if you try to switch games on your phone, it will say you've logged in on another device. You can however, switch games on the laptop without getting this prompt. For what I gathered, once it's streaming to your Chromecast, it's taken care of through the Chromecast on that end and only considers you logged in on your phone. It's a nice little bypass.

So yeah stream your terrible Steelers defense on the Chromecast and don't try to change it, and have red zone or my beautiful Colts team on your other device.
Fuuuuck that. I will stick to watching on the PS4 and switching back to tv for the local broadcast.

Also Colts fans don't get to talk about shitty defenses. You WISH your team had the Steelers defense!

Its over.

Give this man the Time Person of the Year Award.

Top Bottom