• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

To that end I was happy with what I saw from Erik Flowers last night and the Giants OL as a whole, granted the Dallas D doesn't scare me much. I still cannot believe that for all the picks the Giants have spent on offense and now we are in year 2 of the McAdoo system, the whole O still looks like complete garbage. This has been the case for years. The offense stagnates for quarters at a time and it's up to the defense to keep games close. Not sure if it's a function of Eli's erratic play or what but that needs to change and fast.
I was pleased at the offensive line play last night. It was solid outside of some really spotty play mid-game where Eli was running for his life. Flowers struggled a bit post-injury but held his own for a rookie LT. Beatty needs to come back healthy. When he does, I really think we'll start to see this offense really click. The lack of a Cruz - you know an actual possession receiver worth a damn is showing loud and clear. Parker is not a substitute for his production and Randle won't be wearing a Giants uniform next season.

Our game plan last night was all short dump offs to tight ends/backs and it was working pretty well. Too bad about those drive killing WR drops.

Defense...its going to be a long season. At least the corner play was pretty damned great. Prince/DRC are a nice combo. If both can stay healthy....

Eli with the Josh Freeman audible

gol15.jpg

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I uh have the college plan.

Not because I used a cousins name and info from college but because this is just like that Rodney Dangerfield movie from the 80s (without the kid who everyone hated, I am on my own)!

I will check to see if I can get another stream going on my laptop. Our 2nd tv is in the basement.

Also football is a family killer. Why won't Goodell think of the kids? Because I can't fucking seem to remember I have any when there is this much football on!

If you stream via the website rather than the app you can do pip or even 4 games at once, but not fullscreen. But multiple tvs is the way to go.

bionic77

If you stream via the website rather than the app you can do pip or even 4 games at once, but not fullscreen. But multiple tvs is the way to go.
Its just better to watch this shit on tv.

Even when my desktop screen looks better it just nice to sit on the couch and watch football. Thats the way God intended it to be.

That is stupid that you can't make it full screen with 4 games though. Kind of makes it a less compelling feature. I do like watching on the computer when I am on GAF or doing something for work or whatever. That is a pretty amazing experience.

Thinking of getting a smallish 40" tv in the home office at some point and just watching via the new Apple TV or some other smart box.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
bionic77;178744259 That is stupid that you can't make it full screen with 4 games though. Kind of makes it a less compelling feature. I do like watching on the computer when I am on GAF or doing something for work or whatever. That is a pretty amazing experience. Thinking of getting a smallish 40" tv in the home office at some point and just watching via the new Apple TV or some other smart box.[/QUOTE said:
Well maybe there's a way to force an embedded vid fullscreen but I'm not that savvy.

I almost wonder if the four game option isnt supposed to be there for streaming only subscribers.

eznark

Banned
Its just better to watch this shit on tv.

Even when my desktop screen looks better it just nice to sit on the couch and watch football. Thats the way God intended it to be.

That is stupid that you can't make it full screen with 4 games though. Kind of makes it a less compelling feature. I do like watching on the computer when I am on GAF or doing something for work or whatever. That is a pretty amazing experience.

Thinking of getting a smallish 40" tv in the home office at some point and just watching via the new Apple TV or some other smart box.
yup

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
So Indianapolis isn't happy with Andre Johnson? someone even said he should be put out to the horse factory?

Can't say anything, Rex Ryan defenses has always been able to stop Andre.

Agreed, but we have to remember that defense wins championships more often. The starting D this year is better than the D 2013. The Broncos have been moving towards a better D since Elway came. Just look at all his number one draft picks he has made, all are on D. The blowout against Seattle cemented the idea. We have to get used to a less exciting, but possibly more successful defense based team.

Unless the offense gets a lot better.

I think I misspoke. I was referring to the 2012 team. Anyway, I don't think the 2015 Broncos defense is much better than the 2012 version. If anything, it has better depth but the 2012 team finished the season without any major injuries and you would probably end up taking about half the players from each one as the "superior player" at every position.

There can be multiple The Worsts

There can't be though. If something is the worst.. That implies that there is nothing unpleasant, bad, etc than that singular object.

Take for example.. I'll use this for example that you'll love. Tom Brady is the best.. That implies that Tom Brady is better than everyone.. You won't go and say Tom Brady is the best and Drew Bledsoe (I know as a jags fan.. You may not be familiar with this) is the best.. Because they both can't be the best though because one is objectively better than the other.

So you have to pick Gata.. Who is the worst among us all.. It can't be all of us.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So to recap, Cromartie has a sprained knee and Mauldin has a concussion. Considering what both those injuries looked like, that's got to be the best news the Jets (not to mention Cro and Mauldin) could have gotten.

There can't be though. If something is the worst.. That implies that there is nothing unpleasant, bad, etc than that singular object.

Take for example.. I'll use this for example that you'll love. Tom Brady is the best.. That implies that Tom Brady is better than everyone.. You won't go and say Tom Brady is the best and Drew Bledsoe (I know as a jags fan.. You may not be familiar with this) is the best.. Because they both can't be the best though because one is objectively better than the other.

So you have to pick Gata.. Who is the worst among us all.. It can't be all of us.
tbh everyone here is the worst

Time to cut JFF. Just get it over with. Get a random 5th stringer from the CFL as a backup to McCown for all I care, just no Manziel.

Fucking scrubs getting excited because he threw a TD pass to a wide open receiver near the side line. The guy can't read a defense, never will, at the smallest amount of pressure he starts running and will keep fumbling it everything time he gets hit. fuck that guy, fuck the Browns for not cutting him and fuck Josh Gordon, just because.

At least we hit double digit points, rejoice.

Time to cut JFF. Just get it over with. Get a random 5th stringer from the CFL as a backup to McCown for all I care, just no Manziel.

Fucking scrubs getting excited because he threw a TD pass to a wide open receiver near the side line. The guy can't read a defense, never will, at the smallest amount of pressure he starts running and will keep fumbling it everything time he gets hit. fuck that guy, fuck the Browns for not cutting him and fuck Josh Gordon, just because.

At least we hit double digit points, rejoice.

Hey- Christian Ponder's available!

Bread

Banned

Jesus...Floyd is the fucking worst

MechDX

There are people (not a lot but some) who are actually defending Hoyers performance yesterday.

How many times does a player have to completely melt down before everyone realizes he is garbage?

Top Bottom