• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

Greg

It better be some special mountain water or something and not dasani or aquafina.
bXJVVeA.jpg

Did you see how badly Matt Forte made the Packers' run defense look yesterday? Lynch is going to eat them for breakfast.

I did. That game was on the TV right next to ours. And we had Miami/WAS to the other side. There wasn't many people in Miami gear there but the place erupted whenever something happen during that game for Miami. Packers/Bears was like 10-1 in terms of Packers/Bears fan.

Milchjon

I just realized that Western spent 9/11 popping champagne, which probably not only meant that he technically celebrated it, but also that he probably has no recollection of it, despite saying he'd never forget.

LJ11

hey it's that guy the Lions could have drafted instead of Eric Ebron.

What's worse is that they went into 2014 knowing full well they wouldn't be able to resign Suh, and Fairley was a huge question mark. That's what makes it worse. Sometimes teams ignore positions thinking they're strong in that area and they don't need to worry.

Bills do this shit all the time. I want the Bills to draft a few DL, but they've ignored the position since they have two studs in the middle. What happens if one gets hurt? One is already aging, Byrant is the only depth. Good teams have a guy waiting in the wings when questions about FA loom large at a particular position.

I just realized that Western spent 9/11 popping champagne, which probably not only meant that he technically celebrated it, but also that he probably has no recollection of it, despite saying he'd never forget.

No no I was celebrating my little cousin and my little sis turning 21!

I don't think the Bears players are very fond of Marc Trestman.

Matt Forte: "The mentality of this offense, which I'm proud of, is nobody had that stupid look on their face [when down 31-16] like before."
Mark Potash (@MarkPotash) September 13, 2015

Matt Forte: "Before when something would happen, kind of saying that the game is lost already when there's time left. ... We kept fighting."

Matt Slauson: "Had this been the past, we would have packed it in. That just goes to show the mentality this staff is instilling in us."

#Bears G Matt Slauson added it's good "to have a coordinator that actually trusts us to run, because we have the best back in the game."

The amount of disrespect and contempt. It's almost like Trestman was the Cleveland Browns of couches.

We have Pratt and Martino already. I doubt he's the one they go after, but I wouldn't mind it.

Bailey was better than both of them in the preseason. The reason they are on the PS is because they are good at special teams. This is a good chance for him to develop his special teams skills for a year, and perhaps his general football knowledge. Those were the things holding him back. I think Bailey would be better than them given the chance, but I can understand that as he needed more development it wasn't necessarily worth putting him on the squad.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
What's worse is that they went into 2014 knowing full well they wouldn't be able to resign Suh, and Fairley was a huge question mark. That's what makes it worse. Sometimes teams ignore positions thinking they're strong in that area and they don't need to worry.

Bills do this shit all the time. I want the Bills to draft a few DL, but they've ignored the position since they have two studs in the middle. What happens if one gets hurt? One is already aging, Byrant is the only depth. Good teams have a guy waiting in the wings when questions about FA loom large at a particular position.

I thought Suh said in an interview that Detroit offered him similar money to Miami; he just wanted out of Detroit? They may not have realized it was going to be a personal decision.

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 2m
Sherm blatant PI in the endzone on Austin (https://streamable.com/0e9f )
Robertson blatant PI in endzone on Kearse (https://streamable.com/kc04 )

The PI calls across the league were....bad. DEN/BAL had bad ones, NYG/DAL had a terrible one that allowed DAL to win the game, etc.

LevelNth

Banned
Did you see how badly Matt Forte made the Packers' run defense look yesterday? Lynch is going to eat them for breakfast.
Lynch yesterday reminded me of Gore in 2013. He just didn't look the same, and frankly it's not all that surprising with the workload/beating he's taken in the last 4-5 years.

cdyhybrid

Lynch yesterday reminded me of Gore in 2013. He just didn't look the same, and frankly it's not all that surprising with the workload/beating he's taken in the last 4-5 years.

He was playing against arguably the best D-line in the league with a struggling O-line in front of him. So many unblocked guys. Look at the Twitter timeline I linked earlier.

He turned so many 3-5 yard losses into no-gains.

Bitanator

Reading about injuries like what Dez has is not making me feel very good. Cowboys will be lucky if he even makes it back in 6 games. Changes the whole season, really sucks

image.php

EDIT: "On the first-down play, I was told, 'Rashad, don't score,'" Jennings said. "On second down, 'Rashad, don't score.' I was tempted to say, 'Forget it,' and go score because I could. But I didn't want to be that guy. But definitely, I was asked not to score."

I gave him shit earlier thinking he was talking about the call to pass on third down. Well....that's just...wow

Hey at least we win sometimes!

So do the Browns (even less than the gators.. But a win is a win.)

But unless urban Meyer with Tebow is walking back in your door for the gators (Mac is giving me the same Musgrave vibe. He has time, but it is going to be rough going to get to bowl eligibility this year) they had to fight to beat ECU.. God.

Paul Brown with Otto Graham as zombies to coach and lead the Browns.. It ain't happening. We are doomed this year to be a top five pick unless miracles occur.

The Gators are doomed unless they discover an offense quickly which will waste the good defense they have.

So sit back and let's bask in the sadness of our teams respectively

gutshot

Dan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN
Jennings said that, on one of the plays, he cut the wrong way intentionally and "found somewhere soft to fall."

Hahahahaha!

Top Bottom