• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

squicken

Run lots are the key words. I don't want it 100% of the time.

I personally want 3 yards and a cloud of dust smash mouth football. Now get off my damn lawn

In the NFL, the tempo stuff mostly is used to prevent sub packages. Defenses still vary and disguise their coverages. It's actually the mediocre QBs that can't handle the speed of the hurry up in the NFL. It's one of the reasons Chip wanted to move on from Foles. He didn't go fast enough b/c he couldn't process at the LoS fast enough

It's really another case of just giving teams that already have a big advantage at QB a bigger advantage

Milchjon

I honestly didn't even realize Brady was 38, peypey 39. brees 36 and Arod 31. Rodgers is technically older then all the above mentioned though because Munn is sucking his life force.

Throw in Rivers, Romo and Big Ben (Eli doesn't count) and you basically have almost all the usable QBs.

Im ok with that.

Will the Eagles make the playoffs this year? probably.
Then they will fail there. That shit don't work in the post season. Call me jaded from watching those early 90's Oilers run-n-shoot teams that were loaded with talent completely fail but historically it does not work

I'd love to see Chip sucker punch someone on the sideline, Tebow, drop the clipboard and walk out of the stadium.

cdyhybrid

Winston or Mariota could be really good right? I wouldn't say we won't see a great QB in a long time just yet.

There are guys that have potential to develop into upper-echelon guys. Scam, Russell, Winston, Mariota, Kaep if he still had Worst Harbs, Flacco (although I'd argue he's the closest out of all the guys I'm listing), Tannehill, Teddy. Hell, Carr and Bortles might even turn out to be above average if their teams can ever figure their shit out. Luck is really the only sure-fire thing.

It's not like all the top-flight QBs were #1 picks that carried their teams from Day 1 like Peyton. NOLA pulled Brees off the scrap heap. Rodgers had to sit for years before he turned into the player he is today. Ben got to play with an amazing defense and running game while he developed.

There are guys that have potential to develop into upper-echelon guys. Scam, Russell, Winston, Mariota, Kaep if he still had Worst Harbs, Flacco (although I'd argue he's the closest out of all the guys I'm listing), Tannehill, Teddy. Hell, Carr and Bortles might even turn out to be above average if their teams can ever figure their shit out. Luck is really the only sure-fire thing.

It's not like all the top-flight QBs were #1 picks that carried their teams from Day 1 like Peyton. NOLA pulled Brees off the scrap heap. Rodgers had to sit for years before he turned into the player he is today. Ben got to play with an amazing defense and running game while he developed.

Man you take college beatings so fucking serious.

gutshot

Been saying this for a while. Luck will be the last great QB prospect for a long damn time.

Fuck the read option and modern day run-n-shoot offenses. Only reason I hope the Eagles fail is because I don't want that stupid ass offense dominating the league. Would rather watch a great QB like Rodgers or Manning cerebrally picking apart a defense at its weakness or Eli just saying fuck it!

Watching the Eagles the past two seasons has been the most fun I've had watching football ever. Not only is the offense fast, but it is simplistic enough that you can understand and diagnose the plays without a ton of X's & O's knowledge.

cdyhybrid

Man you take college beatings so fucking serious.

Huh? Not even upset. I just don't get the sudden uproar over the death of NFL-ready prospects when we're still in basically the exact same place we've always been.

It still comes down to identifying the right guy and developing him properly.

gutshot

I also disagree that there are no more good, young QBs. Cdy listed a ton of guys who could make the jump to elite level.

A few anecdotes from pre-draft interviews does not equal a trend.

Huh? Not even upset. I just don't get the sudden uproar over the death of NFL-ready prospects when we're still in basically the exact same place we've always been.

It still comes down to identifying the right guy and developing him properly.

You left Bradford off your list but listed a ton of guys who have no fucking chance of ever being good. Seriously you put kap on there but not Bradford. Ridiculous.

cdyhybrid

You left Bradford off your list but listed a ton of guys who have no fucking chance of ever being good. Seriously you put kap on there but not Bradford. Ridiculous.

Oh, that's your issue.

1) :jnc
2) I put Kaep on there with the disclaimer that Harbaugh would have had to stick around
3) Bradford is trash
4) :kas

Dragon

Banned
Poor Sam Bradford. Not getting enough respect for doing absolutely nothing so far in his pro career except get injured and average 6.3 yards / attempt.

gutshot

Supposedly Zach Ertz has been dealing with this hernia or whatever it was since his rookie season. Finally decided to get surgery for it. Maybe that means he can finally breakout for real this year?

gutshot

does anyone have that pic of Bradford's legs?

rex-bionics-paraplegic-660.jpg

does anyone have that pic of Bradford's legs?

Man for being a fan of a team with a QB that gets hurt almost ever year you sure seem to like throwing stones. If I was a Cowboys fan I would be way more worried about Romo's back then Bradford's legs. Especially since the Eagles already showed that they can win against the Cowboys with buttfumble.

Man for being a fan of a team with a QB that gets hurt almost ever year you sure seem to like throwing stones. If I was a Cowboys fan I would be way more worried about Romo's back then Bradford's legs. Especially since the Eagles already showed that they can win against the Cowboys with buttfumble.

Why even bother talking about last year, your team is almost completely different. And I am more worried about Romo's back and so should everyone else, because he was the second best QB in the league last year and Bradford is a dud that hasn't proven jack. Sanchez would only be a moderate downgrade where as if Romo goes down Weeden plays. Weeden. nobody wants that

Romo rarely misses games though...

cdyhybrid

I seriously can't believe the depths of the Bradford stanning by Eagles fans. I don't think I've seen anything like it.

what is the point of this?

White uniforms for the road team were a thing because of black and white TVs back in the day. They needed enough contrast between opposing jerseys for viewers to tell the difference. That's obviously not a problem anymore, so teams can wear whatever they want now and occasionally do throwback/alternate jerseys (i.e. merchandising money).

Romo rarely misses games though...

Played all 16 games 6 times in 12 seasons.

I seriously can't believe the depths of the Bradford stanning by Eagles fans. I don't think I've seen anything like it.

You cant seriously be this dense. Nick Foles put up big numbers in this offense and he is one of the worst QBs in the league. If healthy Bradford is better then Foles and will put up better numbers. It is not a ridiculous thing to say at all.

MechDX

White uniforms for the road team were a thing because of black and white TVs back in the day. They needed enough contrast between opposing jerseys for viewers to tell the difference. That's obviously not a problem anymore, so teams can wear whatever they want now and occasionally do throwback/alternate jerseys (i.e. merchandising money).

Texans throwback jerseys:
1000stare.jpg

:(

gutshot

#NotAllEaglesFans

Seriously though, it is weird. Especially when most of them couldn't stand Nick Foles (*cough*yankee*cough*) who showed more in the NFL than Bradford ever has.

cdyhybrid

Read about that a while ago.

What will they do when if teams like the Chiefs-49ers, Jets-Eagles, Giants-Bills, Steelers-Ravens (both in black), etc.

It's mandatory next year, though.

That article said teams have to declare their uniforms for all those games by the end of July, so I assume the NFL will have rules in place or be able to overrule the teams in those cases.

#NotAllEaglesFans

Seriously though, it is weird. Especially when most of them couldn't stand Nick Foles (*cough*yankee*cough*) who showed more in the NFL than Bradford ever has.

I'm not even saying he can't get better. He'll have more weapons in Philly than he ever did in STL (although a shittier defense). I just don't get people acting like he's a sure thing.

Read about that a while ago.

What will they do when if teams like the Chiefs-49ers, Jets-Eagles, Giants-Bills, Steelers-Ravens (both in black), etc.

It's mandatory next year, though.

Only one of those that's happening is Steelers-ravens and they can wear purple no?

Also just realized the night game on thanksgiving is Bears-Packers. Hopefully everyone is drunk or sleeping by then.

Doomsayer

It's hilarious that Bradford is always such a hot topic here.

Kaep has proven more in way less time than Brokeford. He had a down year where his entire team was basically just waiting for the coach to get fired then retire.

He will be in the top 12 QB's this year while Bradford will show you how mediocre he really is.

Bradford has consistently been trash his entire career, injured or not. The fact that no Eagle's fans can come to terms with that is maddening.

Same here. I just can't fathom it. It mainly stems from "But Chip is a genius!"

Godslay

Banned
I think Bradford will have a decent enough year.

I just think the NFC has a couple good teams, then it's a bunch of muck where any team can get in. I think they don't make the cut.

You cant seriously be this dense. Nick Foles put up big numbers in this offense and he is one of the worst QBs in the league. If healthy Bradford is better then Foles and will put up better numbers. It is not a ridiculous thing to say at all.

eh he deserves more credit

gutshot

Kaep has proven more in way less time than Brokeford. He had a down year where his entire team was basically just waiting for the coach to get fired then retire.

He will be in the top 12 QB's this year while Bradford will show you how mediocre he really is.

Bradford has consistently been trash his entire career, injured or not. The fact that no Eagle's fans can come to terms with that is maddening.

There is no denying Chip has a very QB-friendly system though. As long as Bradford is healthy, I think he will put up some good numbers.

The healthy part is key though. The Eagles haven't had the same QB start all 16 games in like a million years. And Bradford's track record is not great in that regard either.

I'm still bitter about Mariota going to the Titans. Bradford may play well this season and the Eagles may resign him to a long-term deal but I'm always going to be wondering what this offense would look like with the prototypical Chip QB behind center.

I'm not even saying he can't get better. He'll have more weapons in Philly than he ever did in STL (although a shittier defense). I just don't get people acting like he's a sure thing.

Same here, he is far from a sure thing. I was down on the move at the time (well, once I realized it wasn't just a precursor to moving up for Mariota). Now, after the preseason, I am cautiously optimistic. Emphasis on the "cautiously" part.

cdyhybrid

Foles is far from one of the worst QBs in the league. That is some impressive hyperbole coming off a season where we had to watch Ryan Lindley start a playoff game.

ACE 1991

I'll see you at the end of the season when the Eagles go 12-4 and become NFC champions

Is there a fantasy thread or are we using this thread? If so, someone point me in the right direction. I did a search and there's some thread that has like 5 posts in it and is basically abandoned.

Top Bottom