• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

CO62z_wU8AAmcQe.jpg:large

There's not enough facepalm gifs for this, ugh.

We're not going to go 0-16!!!

I'll be curious to see how kap's performance is broken down. He made some good mid throws but at the same time with Hyde running well on first down, he was never put in any huge pressure downs.

Well now I'm way too optimistic.
Not me... Came in thinking this was a very winnable game against a very questionable team. I'm very nervous about Seahawks, Rams, and Cards. Our division is tough as is our schedule. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly more optimistic. Welcome back football. 8D

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Nervous about next week and it's not because of the Vikings =/

ALLEN PARK -- Matthew Stafford breezed through the Detroit Lions' locker room Monday afternoon wearing a heavy wrap on his right (throwing) elbow, but insists he'll play in next week's game against the Minnesota Vikings.

"I'll be good to go," he said.

Stafford later told Fox2's Dan Miller that he suffered an injury to the "tricep/elbow area"on a third-quarter blitz from San Diego's Melvin Ingram in Sunday's 33-28 loss against the Chargers.

Ingram rushed from Stafford's blind side and popped him as he threw, forcing an interception. Stafford finished the game without missing a snap, but did so wearing a sleeve on his throwing arm.

"Once he got hit, it was just a way of keeping him going," coach Jim Caldwell said after the game.

Stafford was 19-of-30 passing for 246 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions in the loss against San Diego.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...qb_matthew_staff_77.html#incart_story_package

1. that espn graphic is wrong. tomsula is actually 2-0 as niners headcoach (he was the last game of the season vs. the cards in 2010 as interim head coach

2. i was pretty confident in this game and would have been extremely down on the season if we lost to the vikings. now that we have beat them, it's whatever. no offense vikings fans i just don't think the team is that great right now. needs another year to develop before they can start to compete consistently. i do like their coach though!

3. lol where are those two guys who were sucking teddy bridgewaters dick earlier? again he's not complete trash but he made 1 top notch throw all night (which should have been called a PI) and the rest of his shit was wide open checkdowns or god awful throws. maybe one day he will be good but "should easily dispatch the niners" gtfo you stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

4. really liked manginis defense... for the most part. there were a couple times where we just brought 3 (or less lol) and that's just not what it called for tonight. needed to keep the pressure on bridgewater because he was littery and thankfully we did

5. no surprise on hyde. anyone who saw him play last year knew what was going to happen. AT MINIMUM, he should have had a 50/50 split with gore last year. there is no way gore should have been taking any more carries from him than that. of course we aren't going to be playing the vikings D every week, but it was still impressive

6. offensive line was much better than i expected. again, we aren't going to play the vikings every week, but they kept kap pretty clean (with the only "sack" because stupid ass kap running out of bounds)

anyhow, good start to the season but i kind of expected a win here. really tough week going into pittsburgh on a short week where they had extra time to prepare for our 45 runs. ill be surprised if we can pull it out

Sanjuro

Hopefully Pittsburgh coaching staff doesn't beat up any 49ers fans. Based on their uniforms tonight, they are already looking real ugly.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I see Niners-Age has already forgotten/chosen to ignore that Harbaugh won double-digit games in three of his four season and took them to 3 straight NFCCGs and 1 Super Bowl.

Wait, who in Niners Age are you referring to?

Then again, I still only think of FMT, nameless, Method, and Drakeon when someone mentions Niners-Age.

MechDX

Texans fans just spewing venom at O'Brien at BRB.

At this point he fucking deserves it. Rolling out that shit stain of a QB again after his very Schaub 2013 like performance on Sunday.

zychi

Banned
Texans fans just spewing venom at O'Brien at BRB.

At this point he fucking deserves it. Rolling out that shit stain of a QB again after his very Schaub 2013 like performance on Sunday.

It's a GM issue not Obrien, isnt it? Or does OB have actual say of who they signed?

I cant wait til week 4 when they trade for RG3

MechDX

What if Mallett goes out there and looks just as bad though?

At least we would know. THAT is what is frustrating. We know Hoyer is shit.
Mallett still has some unknown about him

It's a GM issue not Obrien, isnt it? Or does OB have actual say of who they signed?

I cant wait til week 4 when they trade for RG3

O'Brien has full control of the roster which includes all signings, releases and draft. Rick Smith is basically the money guy and coordinates the scouts

I love how every QB Minnesota gets they say he is the QB of the future and never is. Bridgewater will be gone in 3 years if not sooner. How Kaepernick still has a job I don't know. Dude is the least accurate passer ever. Ryan, Brees, Luck. Those guys can drop dimes. Kaepernick just chucks it in a general vicinity and prays.

I love how every QB Minnesota gets they say he is the QB of the future and never is. Bridgewater will be gone in 3 years if not sooner. How Kaepernick still has a job I don't know. Dude is the least accurate passer ever. Ryan, Brees, Luck. Those guys can drop dimes. Kaepernick just chucks it in a general vicinity and prays.

lol wtf? still with the kap hate? played a great game tonight and was very accurate. completed 65% of his passes and didn't turn the ball over. how is he the least accurate passer ever?

Top Bottom