• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

cdyhybrid

7TlLkFY.png

Who's doing the Week 2 thread?

cdyhybrid

Nah he missed a pretty terrible one in the redzone, where he threw it at the guy's feet.

If we're thinking of the same one (Kaep throwing to his left, Niners going from right to left on the screen) I don't think it was a terrible miss. He had to throw it low to keep the safety from taking the receiver's head off. Just threw it a tad too low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=89&v=B0q4oibfs9g

lol chris berman talking about illegally smuggling codene into the states from canada. never seen this video before!

as for kap, he had a couple misfires (boldin low on a 3rd down, looked to miss VD in the corner near the endzone) but for the most part he was really accurate. loved the PA rollout with the guy right in his face, side stepped him and found celek down the field. also loved the other 3rd down to boldin when he probably could've scrambled for the first but kept his eyes up for a bigger gain to boldin

cdyhybrid

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-...s-russell-wilson-nfl-pete-carroll-jeff-fisher

saw this article earlier. breakdown of how the rams played coverage and many times just didn't bother to cover seahawks WR's short.... but the seahawks never really did anything about it. why change if its working i guess

Makes sense. Tyler Lockett, seemingly so far, is really the only guy that can consistently make guys miss and get YAC. The rest of the guys are just possession guys that can win contested balls. Might as well keep everything in front of you since they don't have to worry about YAC. Combine that with the fact that our O-line didn't give receivers time to get deep and it limits the offense greatly.

Plus, taking away the deep ball means you have to dink and dunk (and thus run more plays), which gives their D-line more chances to force a sack or get a TFL, making it harder to take what they were giving us while still having a chance to get 1st downs. Played right into their hands.

andthebeatgoeson

Why does everybody hate Berman as a commentator? I think hes alright.
He's not that good at describing the action. He focuses on catch phrases. He seemed behind the action. Pat Summerall has a flow and cadence and you could close your eyes and listen to the action. TV is meant to be watched so a good play by play should enhance it. Since we watch a ton of games and know great announcers, I expect more. But Berman seemed out of breath and had terrible timing and descriptions.

The block fg was when I knew he was out of his league. Half a second late and said 'the niners are in a terrible spot' or something. Doesn't accurately describe what was happening. Big play, just say what happens as it unfolds.

Torico and Buck show a clear difference.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Mike Smith's Falcon's find a way to lose last night. Quinn's team finds a way to win.

In a league with razor thin margins between teams it's obvious coaching made the difference for Atl.

Merrill Hoge shits on Johnny Manziel, basically calling for the Browns to cut him today

If the Browns were the Bills (I.E.a quarterback away from being a good, competitive team in the NFL) I would agree. The windows are too short and you can't afford to waste the rest of your team's competitive prime dragging them down with a bad QB.

But where the fuck are the Browns going? You stick anyone else in that team and they're still shit, still top 5 draft pick fodder. The fact that Johnny Manziel was one of the best players on the field for them on Sunday shows you garbage the rest of his team is. You aren't doing shit this year anyway with this roster, you might as well stick with Johnny and really see what you have in him (he's only played in what 3 NFL regular season games, a bit early to claim its over, no?).

That's part of the Browns' problem. They're way too quick to yank the QB and go buy a draft lottery ticket hoping to land a franchise QB that never comes. How can you have any continuity or development in the position when every one you stick there gets 5 games to play and then gets thrown in the bushes for the next guy on depth chart?

Malalaw

Why is that? Is it because the Hoyerrific news last night? rbh.jpg

Edit- no wait I got it.. The hoyrrible news last night rbh.jpg

Morning Mal. How are you doing?

I am doing fine. Gotta get ready to run errands and then run to work.

Tired as hell, just about to get to work.

Baby is doing well, Dutch! Going to check up today in fact!

I just like to say no.

That's a negative attitude man. Jim Carrey thought me to say yes.

Tired as hell, just about to get to work.

Baby is doing well, Dutch! Going to check up today in fact!

Good!

Why is that? Is it because the Hoyerrific news last night? rbh.jpg

Edit- no wait I got it.. The hoyrrible news last night rbh.jpg

Morning Mal. How are you doing?

I am doing fine. Gotta get ready to run errands and then run to work.

Productive and stuff!

Two big thoughts on the games last night:

Rams got the better deal out of that trade. They will make the playoffs if they stay healthy.

Vikings OL is trash. Even the elite QBs will crumple when they have to scramble to avoid sacks all night.

Top Bottom