• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

MechDX

I will make it tonight

If you want it faster please give me lolworthy pics/gifs from this weekend.

ac20737b36e8ea29810f6a7067003185.jpg

Sorry ass fucking bald piece of shit!!

What separates the Pats offense from the Eagles is the ability to steal the playbook before the game.
I hate the Pats just as much or more than the next guy but they've been doing this far beyond the time of Spygate. Then again, I wouldn't bet against them finding a few other successful cheating methods between then and now!

bionic77

I hate the Pats just as much or more than the next guy but they've been doing this far beyond the time of Spygate. Then again, I wouldn't bet against them finding a few other successful cheating methods between then and now!
Don't be a sheep and give them any credit.

Once you are a cheater any accomplishments you have are tainted. That is how it works and how it should work.

If you don't want people to shit on what you did then don't fucking cheat all the time.

Don't be a sheep and give them any credit.

Once you are a cheater any accomplishments you have are tainted. That is how it works and how it should work.

If you don't want people to shit on what you did then don't fucking cheat all the time.
Heh, don't think I've ever been accused of letting the Pats off easy. First time for everything, I suppose!

After sleeping on Eagles game

-Hard not to be worried about guards and secondary for PHI. Big break that Dez is hurt

-Julio is one of 3 guys who you can argue is the best WR in football

-Quinn had his guys much more ready to play than Chip

-Both QBs had brutal INTs. Bradford hopefully was just rusty in the first half. Looked late on some throws and there were clear communication issues

-I liked that ATL stayed committed to the run. That RB they have did a really good job of getting a couple of extra yards every run by diving or just dragging defenders

-Not sure I have ever seen a 135 yard TD drive before. Philly penalties were killer

-Jason Peters hopefully had a bad game. Because it would be a really bad time for him to get old

-Difference in the game could easily be pegged on ST. ATL punt game was tremendous, and place kicking was flawless

Yeah the penalties were awful, still cant believe they called the long Murray run back over a hold that happened way behind the play.

The biggest thing for me about the game last night was the Falcons staying in their big front and forcing the Eagles to pass every down. It was clear that Chip and the other coaches were not expecting that and it really threw them off in the first half. It was nice to see them make adjustments and get the offense going so well in the second half though.

squicken

As far as the Nick Foles for Sam Bradford trade, it certainly is fair to keep score on that for St. Louis Rams fans and NFL fans in general

But for the Eagles it doesn't matter. Foles wasn't good enough for that offense. Maybe Bradford isn't either, but he was the best dice roll Chip had available. Mariota was always a fevered dream

effzee

Eagles game thoughts:

That first half was bad. Pretty much all of the question marks that we were worried about prior to the Eagles' preseason dominance reared their ugly heads. Offensive line looked old and out-of-sync, secondary couldn't cover any one, Bradford looked rusty as hell. Only positive contribution from any of the new additions was Kiko Alonso showing off his athleticism with that end zone pick.

Props to Shanahan for coming up with a good offensive gameplan to neutralize our front 7 and attack our weakness, the secondary. That might be a tactic other teams look to emulate, but thankfully, there aren't many receivers like Julio Jones out there that can capitalize on it as often or as well. Davis made the necessary adjustments and started bringing more blitz pressure later in the game and that helped disrupt Ryan's timing. The Eagles D continued to show an ability to generate turnovers. Defensively, I felt like the Eagles did enough to win the game despite their secondary's struggles.

I give a lot of credit to Quinn having his defense fired up and ready to play. They won at the point-of-attack through sheer effort and energy. You could see that begin to lessen as the game wore on and the Eagles' superior conditioning took over. Bradford started to shake off the rust and the Eagles offensive line was able to create some holes in the running game with the stretch runs. The inside zone was not there at all last night, which is worrisome because that is the team's bread-and-butter. Mathis' absence was definitely felt.

Despite the horrendous start, the Eagles should have won the game. I strongly disagreed with the call to kick it on 4th-and-1. Even if Parkey makes it, you are asking a lot of your defense to stop Jones and Co. from driving into field goal range for a last-second game winner from the super-accurate Bryant. I think at that point, with your offense moving the football as they did, you go for it and if you convert you either score a TD and put the game nearly out of reach or bleed off a ton of clock and kick a higher percentage FG.

Last thing, I'm not blaming the refs for the loss at all, but that officiating was bad. Way too many flags for a lot of ticky-tacky stuff. I hate ref crews that call that crap. It totally disrupts the flow of the game and makes it so after every play you are just waiting for that flag to drop. Just call the blatant stuff and otherwise let the players play. Jeez.

Overall, a disappointing loss, but they showed enough in the second half to give me some hope that everything we saw in the preseason was not just a fluke. They just need to do that for 60 minutes next time. Clearly though, the Super Bowl talk was very premature. This team is still a work-in-progress, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

Agree with all this.

Hated that FG call and the ref crew did seem to call a lot of ticky tacky shit

Must win week 2. Can't fall 0-2 and have Dallas at 2-0. Even without Dez I don't think it will be easy. Offense needs to show up in the first half. Run game needs to be established and Agholor has to be more involved.

USA Today - Philadelphia Eagles QB Sam Bradford (undisclosed) had precautionary X-rays after the game Monday, Sept. 14, and he said everything is fine. Bradford wouldn't disclose what body part the X-rays were taken on.

Week 1? Really?

Give him a break. He's so use to getting xrays, that he's become addicted.

Pepiope

USA Today - Philadelphia Eagles QB Sam Bradford (undisclosed) had precautionary X-rays after the game Monday, Sept. 14, and he said everything is fine. Bradford wouldn't disclose what body part the X-rays were taken on.

Week 1? Really?
He's fine. It was a precautionary X-Ray on his ankle, but everything was fine and he had no limp or anything of the sort.

On to next week.

Farooq

Banned
Worried about Dez Bryant's injury. 4-6 weeks seems too optimistic from what I have read. Just hoping he will be back by December.

I also hope Escobar can help this team's redzone efficiency.

Top Bottom