• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

8rCEdyN.gif

I think the QB play has never been better across the league. When you look back at the "good ol days," you remember the all timers only. Meanwhile, the Hoyers and Fitzpatricks of today are fresh in your mind because they are contemporary.

Ten years from now, this time will be looked back on as the greatest period of quarterback play in league history. You have three dudes currently playing right now who have legitimate claims on top 5 QB of all time.

Alex is one. Who are the other 2??

There's only 4 legitimate QBs in the league that you can win a title on their backs. Brady, Wilson, Luck and Rivers. Everyone else is a tier below.

Trey

There's only 4 legitimate QBs in the league that you can win a title on their backs. Brady, Wilson, Luck and Rivers. Everyone else is a tier below.

I would say in recent year tiers would break out like

Manning, Brady, Rodgers

Brees, Luck, Roethlisberger, Luck

Rivers, Wilson, Ryan

The rest.

Talent wise you can stick any of these dudes in any era and they would make noise.

Spinluck

I would say in recent year tiers would break out like

Manning, Brady, Rodgers

Brees, Luck, Roethlisberger, Luck

Rivers, Wilson, Ryan

The rest.

Talent wise you can stick any of these dudes in any era and they would make noise.

I think we have the better Luck.

Juicy Bob

AMERICAN FOOTBALL IS BACK!

I have no idea who's still on my team!
Other than TEBOW TIME

I have no idea who's going to win!

Woooooooooooooooo!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Congrats hammer!

college football is hard to watch for me. you can say you "know what you're getting into", but what you're getting into is a bunch of fuckery with horrible blown coverages and a few teams who just completely overmatch their opponents because of superior scouting/talent pools. sure, an upset happens here and there, but for the most part college football is borderline unwatchable for me. i guess that's overexaggerating because i can watch it and enjoy it but i would rather watch the bucs vs. browns regular season game vs. the college football national title game

I said these exact words to a college football fan once and he told me I was an idiot and had no idea what I was talking about. I still don't know how I was wrong!

I will always enjoy NFL football more than college because there is a lot more parity and the general level of play is simply higher, especially on defense. Take last Monday's game for instance. It was hard watching VT play OSU because there is such a clear disparity in talent and a lot of that simply comes down to which program has more scouting resources.

That said, there are still a ton of great CFB matchups every season. If you stick with watching the top teams duke it out you will end up with some quality entertainment.

Regarding the "QB crisis", I don't necessarily see it. Sure there is going to be a drop-off when some of these older greats retire but I think a few more guys will step up and take over the elite tier. The NFL has never had more than a handful of elite QBs at a given time and I don't see how that has changed over the years.

College QBs might have a larger learning curve now compared to the past but the guys with intelligence and talent will adapt within a few years and rise to the top, same as always. The difference is they will either learn through a trial by fire as opposed to sitting for a few years or play in a college style offense ala Chip Kelley's.

If you want to talk about the degrading quality of the game you should focus on all the ticky-tack penalties we see against DBs these days. Now that just drives me nuts. Even still, we've seen how important a great defense still is with teams like Seattle, and even compared to historically great defenses their numbers match up well.

Overall I think the NFL is in a good place and I still find it much more enjoyable and watchable than any other league or sport.

Tom Penny

6 1/2 hours left until tailgate. I'm interested to see if the Pats go 2 TE set with Chandler and move Gronk around since I highly doubt Chandler is that versatile. The weather is already poop :(

Top Bottom