• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

Tom Penny

College football is a joke when teams with 20 guys on a roster that will turn pro play a bunch of smucks with zero players that could could be practice squad material and beat them surprisingly by 40+. The plays are cooler in NCAA football then Madden I suppose.

cashman

Banned
I would say in recent year tiers would break out like

Manning, Brady, Rodgers

Brees, Luck, Roethlisberger, Luck

Rivers, Wilson, Ryan

The rest.

Talent wise you can stick any of these dudes in any era and they would make noise.

Add Romo to the Manning Brady Rogers tier.

cdyhybrid

College football is a joke when teams with 20 guys on a roster that will turn pro play a bunch of smucks with zero players that could could be practice squad material and beat them surprisingly by 40+. The plays are cooler in NCAA football then Madden I suppose.

Yeah, those are glorified scrimmages. You kinda just have to look past those. At least with the advent of the playoff, teams are starting to take non-conference schedules more seriously.

Also, go Steelers!

gutshot

Chip trolling the Atlanta media:

COjb9ztUcAANVwx.jpg:large

Crisco

Banned
My concern with the Panthers is their offense which could honestly end up being awful. Let's say Stewart isn't doing a lot in a given game and the defense is keying in on Olsen in the pass game. Where is the production coming from, Ted Ginn on deep balls? Have fun with that, Henne Cam.

Cam is a dynamic runner of course so that will help, but it's hard to overlook the WR issue and Cam's inconsistent accuracy.

Look, in 2013 our receivers were Greg Olsen, Old Smith, Brandon LaFell and Ted Ginn Jr. Our running backs were Stewart, Williams and Tolbert. We went 12-4.

This year our receivers are Greg Olsen, Corey Brown, Ted Ginn Jr., and Jerricho Cotchery. Our running backs are Stewart, Whittaker and Tolbert. The common denominator is Cam and the defense. Will we go 12-4? Probably not, but we're not falling off a cliff because of offensive skill positions.

Tom Penny

Yeah, those are glorified scrimmages. You kinda just have to look past those. At least with the advent of the playoff, teams are starting to take non-conference schedules more seriously.

Also, go Steelers!

The playoff format definitely makes the champ more legit than a computer program.

Eat a bag of dicks.

Waiting 3 more hours to head the game is watching paint dry. It's overcast and humid as fuck. I'm going to be obliterated due to how good cold beverages are going to taste.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Holy fuck someone called college football "pure"

And an Urban Meyer fan no less.....

I know it isn't. I know that objectively it's no purer than the NFL. I don't know why I feel that way.. I just do.

Also yes I know Urban is.. Urban.

It's such a cliche statement for people to say that the college game is more pure that people actually believe it. They say that the college guys try harder and that the pro guys are all lazy and just there to collect a check. Then they ignore all the ridiculous corrupt under the table dealings that only FIFA could match as an organization. It's a crock of shit and I was honestly hoping that the players could be paid above the table so at least there would be more transparency.

And don't get me started on the "cults of personality" surrounding some of these college coaches. Pedo State is just an example of how far that batshit crazy stuff can go.

cdyhybrid

I can't wait for our misery bowl in a couple of years.

How reasonable is going to the game while on a trip to NYC? Is the stadium relatively close/accessible?

Look, in 2013 our receivers were Greg Olsen, Old Smith, Brandon LaFell and Ted Ginn Jr. Our running backs were Stewart, Williams and Tolbert. We went 12-4.

This year our receivers are Greg Olsen, Corey Brown, Ted Ginn Jr., and Jerricho Cotchery. Our running backs are Stewart, Whittaker and Tolbert. The common denominator is Cam and the defense. Will we go 12-4? Probably not, but we're not falling off a cliff because of offensive skill positions.

Don't forget Seahawks legend Kevin Norwood!

rando14

Panthers also playing in a piss poor division, they should be in the 10-11 range

Draxal

How reasonable is going to the game while on a trip to NYC? Is the stadium relatively close/accessible?

Don't forget Seahawks legend Kevin Norwood!

40 minute train ride from Penn Station, than there's a shuttle that takes you from the train station in New Brunswick to the football campus (our main campus is in New Brunswick but the stadium is across the river in Piscataway).

Interesting and thorough breakdown of the Eagles roster by a rival NFC scout:

Biggest worry for me after reading this is the secondary. The scout doesn't think it is that much improved from last season. He is really critical of Eric Rowe. Really hoping that kid can figure it out.

Bradford hit Trey Burton as his second read on the second touchdown of the Packers game. Under pressure at that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'M SO EXCITED!

I'M SO EXCITED!

I'M...so scared. :(

Josh McCown is your quarterback. Look at the teams that passed him over. JUST LOOK AT THEM.

Arizona
Detroit
Oakland
Miami
Carolina
Hartford Colonials (lol)
49ers
Bears
Bucs

I'm so sorry kitty but this is not your year.

cdyhybrid

40 minute train ride from Penn Station, than there's a shuttle that takes you from the train station in New Brunswick to the football campus (our main campus is in New Brunswick but the stadium is across the river in Piscataway).

Sounds like we might have to make a trip of it...

Gobias

Banned
It's such a cliche statement for people to say that the college game is more pure that people actually believe it. They say that the college guys try harder and that the pro guys are all lazy and just there to collect a check. Then they ignore all the ridiculous corrupt under the table dealings that only FIFA could match as an organization. It's a crock of shit and I was honestly hoping that the players could be paid above the table so at least there would be more transparency.

And don't get me started on the "cults of personality" surrounding some of these college coaches. Pedo State is just an example of how far that batshit crazy stuff can go.

Only someone like jak could support Penn State

effzee

Interesting and thorough breakdown of the Eagles roster by a rival

Biggest worry for me after reading this is the secondary. The scout doesn't think it is that much improved from last season. He is really critical of Eric Rowe. Really hoping that kid can figure it out.

Sure would have been nice to have Boykin as a security blanket with Rows struggling, Shepard out the year, and Evans not even making the roster.

MRSA

Banned
FOOTBALL IS BACK BAYBEE

Fuck you Jabee and yankee! 40 years of darkness for your team!

Also that Apple leasing program seems like a good deal.

Draxal

When he gets back in like a month he's going to quote all these posts and do a drunken rant.

If Penn State loses to Rutgers ... oh my.

edit.

Only thing I give Jak shit about is rooting for Pitt in college basketball and Penn State in college football, when they're instate rivals in college football.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
AFCE - NE, Mia*, Buf, NYJ
AFCN - Cin, Pit, Bal, Cle
AFCS - Ind, Hou*, Ten, Jax
AFCW - Den, KC, SD, San Antonio

NFCE - Dal, Phi*, NYG, Was
NFCN - GB, Det, Min, Chi
NFCS - Atl, Car, NO, snesville
NFCW - Sea, StL*, Ari, SF

SB - Pit 53, Phi 2
Steelers are included in the playoffs after new NFL commissioner Condoleezza Rice gives the P*ts an ncaa-esque death penalty.

FTF

PIT @ NE

IND @ BUF
CLE@ NYJ
CAR @ JAX
GB @ CHI
KC @ HOU
MIA @ WAS
SEA @ STL

DET @ SD
NO @ ARI
BAL @ DEN
CIN @ OAK
TEN @ TB

NYG @ DAL

PHI @ ATL
MIN @ SF

Don't forget to sign up! It's free!

Yahoo Pick'em League
Group ID: 1299
Password: neogaf
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Yahoo Pick'em League - Confidence
Group ID: 7490
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Yahoo Survivor League
Group ID: 3890
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup - different link than above

Nice, will do these too!

Also, not happy about the thunderstorms forecast tonight in foxboro.

cdyhybrid

Saban's probably clean. It's the guys on the fringes of the AD/football program you need to look at.

Calipari is dirty though, there are just a lot less people involved in basketball programs so he can't have plausible deniability.

Time is going by too damn slow

Would you say it's like time is deflated?

Saban's probably clean. It's the guys on the fringes of the AD/football program you need to look at.

Calipari is dirty though, there are just a lot less people involved in basketball programs so he can't have plausible deniability.

Would you say it's like time is deflated?
You can't deflate time.

AFCE - NE, Mia*, Buf, NYJ
AFCN - Cin, Pit, Bal, Cle
AFCS - Ind, Hou*, Ten, Jax
AFCW - Den, KC, SD, San Antonio

NFCE - Dal, Phi*, NYG, Was
NFCN - GB, Det, Min, Chi
NFCS - Atl, Car, NO, snesville
NFCW - Sea, StL*, Ari, SF

SB - Pit 53, Phi 2
Steelers are included in the playoffs after new NFL commissioner Condoleezza Rice gives the P*ts an ncaa-esque death penalty.

Why the asterisk friend?!

bionic77

Add Romo to the Manning Brady Rogers tier.
Better yet replace Brady with Ben, who I think has been better and more consistent than Romo.

How the fuck is Brady on any list? Dude is a confirmed cheater. He is number one on the scumbag list but if we are talking about legit qbs he doesn't belong.

And I feel like some dirty Lions fan. I know we are going to lose tonight and am already preparing the excuses (ie Cheatriots).

Top Bottom