• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Can't eat it.

Allergic to bandannas now.

You're allergic to banderas?

bowvEWh.gif

La Canfora: Disney CEO agrees to lead LA stadium project for Raiders and Chargers

The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders have reached an agreement for Bob Iger, the highly-regarded Disney chairman and CEO, to become chairman of their bid to build a stadium in Carson, Calif. according to sources with knowledge of the situation. It's a potentially game-changing move that could propel those teams to the Los Angeles market by next season. The teams are expected to announce the move shortly, with those clubs assembled in New York for a significant meeting with NFL officials later Wednesday.

Iger, who will remain as Disney's chairman and CEO, will become the non-executive chairman of Carson Holdings, LLC and oversee all major initiatives with the venture, including stadium design, naming rights and fan experience, and will be responsible for guiding construction and operation of the facility. The deal is contingent on the NFL owners approving the Carson stadium plan for construction.

Iger's arrangement with Carson Holdings stipulates that he is to provide no services to the project that in any way conflict with his CEO responsibilities at Disney. He will be delegating substantial responsibility for Carson Holdings to the new President of Carson Holdings, whom Iger will recruit and hire, but Igor is expected to drive the overall vision for the stadium project for the Chargers and Raiders, with the opportunity to become a minority owner himself at a later date once he has retired from Disney.

This landmark agreement comes ahead of Wednesday's critical meeting, when representatives from the Raiders, Chargers and Rams have what may be their last chance to present before the league's Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities at NFL offices in New York. A January vote expected on the matter. Time is running out and this is an opportunity to put a best foot forward ahead of NFL decision makers.

Should the Carson project gain sufficient votes, Iger will have a window of time during which he could purchase a pre-arranged portion of the Chargers or Raiders franchises, at his discretion (NFL rules would prohibit him from owning a stake in both teams). Iger, 64, is one of the country's more identifiable CEOs. He has vast experience in broadcasting and entertainment acumen, and has been a top executive at Disney since 2000.

His contract with Disney expires in 2018, and his contract with Carson Holdings is for five years with a two-year renewal option, with compensation expected to be merely $1 per year, according to a source. The president he will be hiring for Carson Holdings will handle much of the extensive day-to-day chores for stadium construction.

The Carson project already had, by some owner's estimates, 16-20 votes of support prior to this development; it will require 24 votes for either stadium initiative to proceed. Some high-profile owners have privately expressed the view that they believed Inglewood might be a more profitable locale (Cowboys owner Jerry Jones chief among them), and Kroenke has exhaustive real estate experience.

The inclusion of Iger as a driving force in the stadium project, as well as a potential minority owner of the Raiders, should only increase Davis' ability to land qualified parties to join his ownership team, especially those who may have had doubts about his ability to handle a project of this magnitude in Los Angeles on his own.

Iger has made it known he intends to retire from Disney when his contract expires. Disney, which owns ESPN, currently has the rights to broadcast Monday Night Football until 2021, by which time Iger is no longer expected to be with that corporation regardless of the outcome for the Carson project.

It is a problem for murderous psychopaths who want to be treated like everyone else.

The rest of us want them in jail but I can understand their desire to be free to practice their beliefs.

We have religious freedom, why not freedom to murder hmm? Thanks Obama .. I blame you :p

Also are you a murderous psychopath bionic?

bionic77

Peyton has a foot injury.

Not sure the severity yet.
The prophecy has come true.

Less hits to the head but more injuries to the legs and lower extremities because defenders are going low, which they used to avoid in the past so as to lower the risk of these kind of injures.

(This analysis is not based on any statistics and is more from being butthurt that all the Steelers best player are dead from low hits this year).

Is it possible that Ben has the power to transfer his injuries to fat chicks by banging them in bathroom stalls and thus curing himself?
You should stop trying to make jokes and pizza.

Godslay

Banned
The prophecy has come true.

Less hits to the head but more injuries to the legs and lower extremities because defenders are going low, which they used to avoid in the past so as to lower the risk of these kind of injures.

(This analysis is not based on any statistics and is more from being butthurt that all the Steelers best player are dead from low hits this year).

You should stop trying to make jokes and pizza.

He probably got out of bed the wrong way or ran too hard on a bootleg.

squicken

This is karma for all y'all wishing ill on Sam Bradford with your little injury pool. I never want to see anyone hurt. I know the feeling of losing a QB for a long period of time

e: Speaking of karma, I think I have to cheer for the Patriots to beat the Giants this weekend and I feel unclean

jmdajr

This is karma for all y'all wishing ill on Sam Bradford with your little injury pool. I never want to see anyone hurt. I know the feeling of losing a QB for a long period of time

e: Speaking of karma, I think I have to cheer for the Patriots to beat the Giants this weekend and I feel unclean

Why?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Poor schoob );

Godslay

Banned

I didn't bet on that. Said specifically that I wouldn't bet on someone's health.

bionic77

It is very possible that you feel unclean because you are unclean.

Wash your ass you bum ass bum. And do the right thing for humanity and your soul and root for the Pats to lose every week.

No it isn't. Godslay distanced himself from the pool.

Karma is for suckers and Shadowrunners bitches!!

No! Go Giants! Come on Eli, you can do it.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
It is very possible that you feel unclean because you are unclean.

Wash your ass you bum ass bum. And do the right thing for humanity and your soul and root for the Pats to lose every week.

I don't think there is anything on earth that can clean that guy.

Draxal

I don't think the Giants are a threat to the Eagles at all this year, it was a team with poor depth that faced injuries at critical positions where it was tested (WR/DT/CB/DE/OT).

Godslay

Banned
No it isn't. Godslay distanced himself from the pool.

Karma is for suckers and Shadowrunners bitches!!

Thanks.

Peyton is just old. No amount of good karma is going to save him from getting minor injuries over the season.

Attempting to guess when someone might get hurt, who is injury prone mind you, isn't particularly bad. It's just like a prop bet. If you were actively wishing for injury, well... that's a bit different. I don't think anyone was doing that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

2llkcxl.gif~c200

Top Bottom