• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

squicken

You're a tough critic, gutshot. If Sunday doesn't do it for you then you basically need a top 5 QB to be satisfied. You will be waiting a long time for one of those

Chip just said that Jenkins had a concussion, so probably out Sunday. Seems like Demeco still isn't ready. Peters probably a week away as well

gutshot

You're a tough critic, gutshot. If Sunday doesn't do it for you then you basically need a top 5 QB to be satisfied. You will be waiting a long time for one of those

Chip just said that Jenkins had a concussion, so probably out Sunday. Seems like Demeco still isn't ready. Peters probably a week away as well

I'm just not ready to anoint him based on a decent game against a lousy, banged-up defense. He looked pretty good against the Saints too, but then followed that up with two of his worst performances of the year. He needs to show me a string of good games before I can have any faith in him.

bionic77

I was looking at the iPad Pro thread and I don't really give a shit about tablets (I mainly like to see hands on for new tech products) but the one thing that stick out to me is how fucking stagnant Intel has been over the past 5 years.

I feel like high end phones are going to surpass our laptop CPUs in another 3-4 years the way things are going.

I wonder if this is because Intel doesn't have any competition or if physics is bitchslapping them around. But if that is the case then why does it seem like every year Apple is making huge strides in their ARM cpus to the point where they are getting competitive in a lot of ways with actual x86 CPUs.

Hindl

Goddamn that's rough Jenkins was killing it. Hopefully he's back next week for the Bucs. Sucks about Meco too we need him in the run D. Johnson's performance made me alright with Peters resting up though.

I'm just not ready to anoint him based on a decent game against a lousy, banged-up defense. He looked pretty good against the Saints too, but then followed that up with two of his worst performances of the year. He needs to show me a string of good games before I can have any faith in him.

Oh I agree, the Eagles have been anything but consistent, and he also needs to string together a few in a row to make me believe he's learning. He could absolutely go and throw like garbage again, see the first Cowboys game after having 22-24 in the second half of the Falcons. But if I'm being hard on him when he fucks up, I'll at least give him credit when he does well. It's one week so it means absolutely nothing. Chip said as much:

Chip after beating the Cowboys said:
I never look at things like that. It's always about the next challenge. We talk about that all the time. The next thing for us is to have a real good day on Tuesday. Maybe as you write a story at the end of the season, [you think] what point was it at when you go back? But I'll just take you back to a year ago at Thanksgiving; we beat these guys to go 9-3. Then what happened? We go 1-3 down the stretch, so that wasn't a turning point game for us.

It's always what you do next, and that's why I try to make that reference for. I'm not deflecting it when people say, "Was that a big game for you?" Every game is a big game. If we don't do something after this victory after Dallas, then this game wasn't a turning point in the season. We can't just say, "Hey, we played a good game last night, that's our turning point; let's go kick our feet up."

But Bradford's fundamentals looked better, he was throwing the ball better, and he was more comfortable in the pocket. It's more than just putting up good numbers like against the Saints, he actually looked better. Now again, he can go fuck up against the Dolphins and it'll all be for nothing. I'm not sold on Bradford just because of Sunday. But I'll give him credit for his good game

Crisco

Banned
Cam winning offensive player of the week is kinda nuts, when you consider if Randall had been able to catch that INT cleanly, he would have housed it and given Rodgers a chance to tie the game with a 2-pt conversion. Because he didn't and the defense held (barely), no one even remember how bad that throw/decision was.

squicken

Oh for sure one game doesn't answer the questions. I just meant if you are expecting better QB play it's going to be tough. Not that he was awesome, just that there are few awesome guys

Konka

Banned
Oh for sure one game doesn't answer the questions. I just meant if you are expecting better QB play it's going to be tough. Not that he was awesome, just that there are few awesome guys

They really just need to keep trying to run it like they did on Sunday. It helped so much in the second half.

MechDX

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr · 6m6 minutes ago
Garrett said the Cowboys addressed Greg Hardy twitter bio change this morning

Well thank tebow. the Cowboys organization is on top of things.

Pepiope

Me either, but he's looking much better.

We weren't going to get a 100% ready to go QB in Bradford to begin the season. 2 years away from football, new system, new teammates, regaining strength in his leg and in himself...

On Sunday he began to look downfield more and had more confidence in the pocket. He looks much more mechanically sound than he did to start the season, which is to be expected, but the OT win against a division rival will certainly help his mentality going forward. He led the team to points in both key drives to end the game. He's getting better. He's mah Quarterback.

ampere

Man, they need to sit Andrew Luck the rest of the season and get him healthy.

11693896_10207638340818433_7006211310723615143_n.jpg

lmao ok this is funny

jmdajr

Also Philip Rivers has to be playing the best out any quarterback I've ever seen on a 2-7 team. Holy shit.

It sucks when your team is much better than what it's record shows.

It sucks more when your record pretty much delivers the truth.

Pepiope

Optimism is so adorable.

Eagles are not beating the Patriots in NE
I'll give them game 1 as long as we win the rematch in Feb.

But we are beating them in NE. Birds get to warm up against the Lions and then get 10 days to prep.

jmdajr

Wonder what games I will get Sunday since Texans not playing till Monday.

Probably another demoralizing Hasselbeck victory. What ills will he overcome now?

MechDX

Colts came the closest to beating NE with a gimped Luck. Came down to coaching. I can see NE letting a game go, not really that hard to imagine.

Only team I could possibly see beating them is Denver because it is in Denver.

Problem with that is: I don't trust Wade Philips vs Brady. I have seen that movie twice up close and it was not pretty

Spinluck

Only team I could possibly see beating them is Denver because it is in Denver.

Problem with that is: I don't trust Wade Philips vs Brady. I have that movie twice up close and it was not pretty

Pats will have a scheme in place to shred that defense. They are going to have to kill Tom like they did Luck.

Pepiope

I'd love it, but Patriots in NE in December? Let's first see if Sunday was a fluke for Bradford before even dreaming about beating the pats
The game is set up perfectly for Philly. We get Thanksgiving Vs. the Lions, 10 days of prep, and NE gets SNF at Denver the week before.

NE is not going undefeated, and that's the perfect week for them to drop one.

MRSA

Banned
So my friend calls me all excited and giddy, apparently he ruptured his achilles on the job so he's going to be on workman's comp for like a year.

Godslay

Banned
NE will more than likely beat Denver, and will whip the Eagles.

NE will probably drop a meaningless divisional game, if anything.

Line_HTX

That day: "This is still a Cruz and Nicks game ...make them go to Manningham"

This Sunday: "This is still a Beckham game ... make them go to...?!"

Ahh, 42. That one was just trudging along. Ten minute opening drive with all the 3rd Downs.

I don't know who else they have besides Beckham.

FTF

The game is set up perfectly for Philly. We get Thanksgiving Vs. the Lions, 10 days of prep, and NE gets SNF at Denver the week before.

NE is not going undefeated, and that's the perfect week for them to drop one.

They will lose a game, but it's not going to be at home against the smeagols

MechDX

NE will more than likely beat Denver, and will whip the Eagles.

NE will probably drop a meaningless divisional game, if anything.

I looked at their schedule and their last two games are @Jets and @Miami. Two games they will probably be resting starters. I don't think having a perfect season will be high on the priority list after what happened last time

I'm happy Rivers is mad and I'm happy the Raiders will now have a good non-baseball stadium

Sad about Pitta, but glad he got a ring. Hope he does something he loves post-career

ampere

I looked at their schedule and their last two games are @Jets and @Miami. Two games they will probably be resting starters. I don't think having a perfect season will be high on the priority list after what happened last time

If we have 1st seed clinched I expect this to be the case, but we don't play Cincy so both of us could end up undefeated potentially.

MechDX

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher · 12m12 minutes ago
Dez Bryant is not at practice today because of a sore left knee. He suffered the injury on his touchdown catch... http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0456146538813463922-4 …

This season is a fucked up mess with injuries and with 90% of the league in the "shit tier" category everyone believes they have a chance to get to the playoffs. These players are letting pride get in the way of doing what is best for their health.

Just shut them down when these injuries keep happening

Top Bottom