• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

Godslay

Banned
Yep the Broncos don't have anyone individually as good as Gronk, but collectively they are close enough. Especially with VD as a vertical stretch from the TE, just to threaten it once or twice a game.

I like the Kubiak/Shanahan offense, but it takes a QB that can move better and has a bigger arm than Peyton. Guess we'll see if that guy is Brock

I think LJ covered it best, in that when you have someone like Gronk all the short stuff just opens up. It's easy mode at that point.

Not to mention that most undervalue Edelman's playmaking ability. He's also razor sharp in the short stuff, and up until yesterday pretty durable. It's still Gronk, Brady, Edelman in terms of importance on that offense. We saw it in 2013, when they were largely ineffective in the AFCCG with Gronk out.

My god you are out of your mind. Eagles were stomping the fuck out of the Fins when they had all their guys on offense. They lost their QB, most productive RB, and top WR, for at least part of the game. On top of that they get a punt blocked and miss a chip shot FG, and with all that they still only lost by 1 point.
And you think that was the Dolphins best game with all of their top players healthy? Give me a break. Have you ever heard of Neville Hewitt?

Sturgis was a Dolphins cast-off, don't expect sympathy from me on him missing a FG, lol.

The Eagles had two good drives the entire game. "Stomping the fuck out of the Fins." Ooooooooooooookay.

Eagles are mediocre at best, my friend.

squicken

After watching butt fumble struggle against that terrible Dolphins D, I think I would rather see what Thad Lewis can do.

I will limit my critique of that game to wanting Miles Austin fired into the Sun. I never want to see his loafing, skittish ass again. How he keeps getting so many snaps is beyond me. Other guys may suck but at least they try. He sucks and doesn't try or care

Line_HTX

I will limit my critique of that game to wanting Miles Austin fired into the Sun. I never want to see his loafing, skittish ass again. How he keeps getting so many snaps is beyond me. Other guys may suck but at least they try. He sucks and doesn't try or care

He was spoiled when he was in Dallas. Wanted the fame. At least Dez is trying, except for the final pass though... XD

Pepiope

Sanchez is good enough to beat the Bucs and Lions. A fresh Bradford to kill the Pats is going to be nice.

And you think that was the Dolphins best game with all of their top players healthy? Give me a break. Have you ever heard of Neville Hewitt?

Sturgis was a Dolphins cast-off, don't expect sympathy from me on him missing a FG, lol.

The Eagles had two good drives the entire game. "Stomping the fuck out of the Fins." Ooooooooooooookay.

Eagles are mediocre at best, my friend.
Well to be honest we don't want Sturgis either. Our GOAT is just injured :(

Riley Cooper came back from his injury on 10/19, guess how many catches he has since then.
0!
Austin plays because they have no one else but it sucks so much. I serioulsy want to see them promote someone from the practice squad at this point. Cooper is the worst Wr in the NFL by far, but Austin might be the 2nd worst. Every game wide open passes clang off his hands, he doesnt even try to fight for balls if there is a defender nearby. You are spot on about him being skittish, it really looks like he is afraid to get hurt out there.

TheFatOne

I think LJ covered it best, in that when you have someone like Gronk all the short stuff just opens up. It's easy mode at that point.

Not to mention that most undervalue Edelman's playmaking ability. He's also razor sharp in the short stuff, and up until yesterday pretty durable. It's still Gronk, Brady, Edelman in terms of importance on that offense. We saw it in 2013, when they were largely ineffective in the AFCCG with Gronk out.

Gronk starts that matchup game, and everyone benefits from that point forward. Although, people underestimate how important someone like Edelman is to an offense like this. Gronks always going to get his, but Edelaman is generally going to get upwards 10 targets a game, and is the guy Brady is going to on third down. When you have Lewis it's even easier. Can't take focus off Gronk so you get situations were there are linebackers on a running back or a linebacker on Edelman. A player like Edelman/Welker is what makes the offense so efficient. Chains are always moving, and you get more opportunities to get a good matchup for Gronk. Can't easily replace chain moving slot guys who get targeted often.

Bitanator

Miles gave his soul to make that amazing one handed push up touchdown against the 49ers in 2011, he was never the same after that

Farooq

Banned
Miles gave his soul to make that amazing one handed push up touchdown against the 49ers in 2011, he was never the same after that

I remember that. He was Captain Hamstrings after that game.

Miles-Austin-superman-vs-49ers.jpg

Pepiope

Riley Cooper came back from his injury on 10/19, guess how many catches he has since then.
0!
Austin plays because they have no one else but it sucks so much. I serioulsy want to see them promote someone from the practice squad at this point. Cooper is the worst Wr in the NFL by far, but Austin might be the 2nd worst. Every game wide open passes clang off his hands, he doesnt even try to fight for balls if there is a defender nearby. You are spot on about him being skittish, it really looks like he is afraid to get hurt out there.
Cooper has even less catches than 0!

He caught 0 passes, and Miles sucked on Sunday, but we have to ride with them. Hopefully Chip lights a fire under some asses.

Eagles Gaf, sorry but you lost to a terrible Dolphins team, we had scrubs on defense and it's not like we had our best players out there to start. We went out there without Wake or Grimes and Jenkins. Suh and Jones were the only other starting caliber players out on defense. On offense we are terrible and we scored a TD from the red zone. There is little to feel good about from either team yesterday. I can't even decided which unit is worse, the D-Line, LBs or secondary. They all have one good player each. We are terrible from top to bottom.

Nafai1123

Banned
Had a lot of fun at the Raiders game yesterday but I was pretty disappointed with their performance all around. The offense fell completely flat the first quarter and seemed way too conservative with passing plays throughout the game. I think a lot of that had to do with missing Hudson. Carr was getting pressured a lot more than usual which didn't give their receivers enough time to get open. Special teams allowing that kickoff return was just pathetic and killed any momentum the Raiders had going into the half. Props to the Vikings though, they have a stout D and are great at managing the pace of play on offense. AP is a beast.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh my god I just remembered I entered into an avatar bet with Rando for the Browns/Seahawks game in December.

OH MY GOD!

Eagles Gaf, sorry but you lost to a terrible Dolphins team, we had scrubs on defense and it's not like we had our best players out there to start. We went out there without Wake or Grimes and Jenkins. Suh and Jones were the only other starting caliber players out on defense. On offense we are terrible and we scored a TD from the red zone. There is little to feel good about from either team yesterday. I can't even decided which unit is worse, the D-Line, LBs or secondary. They all have one good player each. We are terrible from top to bottom.
Agreed. Dolphins have essentially no depth on defense and half of their good players were hurt leaving bad starters and no name backups. 20 points against that defense is embarrassing, end of story.

On a different note, why doesn't Ajayi get more carries? Dude looks electric whenever he touches the ball.

Godslay

Banned
If he doesn't turn the ball over and puts points up I think we can still rely heavily on the defense to win us games

I agree, but you almost have to look at him like a rookie. He's going to make mistakes, and teams are going to try to confuse him and probably will.

I'm hopeful he's good, but I'm trying to base my expectations in reality.

Cooper has even less catches than 0!

He caught 0 passes, and Miles sucked on Sunday, but we have to ride with them. Hopefully Chip lights a fire under some asses.

There is no fire that can cure lack of ability. I really think that Cooper and Austin are the worst pair of outside WR's in NFL history. Cooper will fight for balls, and even catch some, but he is never open, Austin gets open all the time, but cant catch anything.

squicken

0!

Cooper sucks too, but he is playing hurt. Huff has stone hands but he had a nice TD catch, and gives a general fuck. Cooper had zero targets and zero catches, Austin had no catches on 4 targets:

-Deep ball that he let get raked away

-INT he didn't try and breakup

-TD he couldn't manage a toe drag on that 95% of other receivers could

-Crossing route he didn't want to extend for and take a big hit

But people are forgetting the downside of Sanchez when they mention his movement and aggressiveness. He almost killed JMatt on a hospital ball and blew the game with that INT. Bradford, as much as he sucked early in the year, wouldn't have lost that game

Agreed. Dolphins have essentially no depth on defense and half of their good players were hurt leaving bad starters and no name backups. 20 points against that defense is embarrassing, end of story.

On a different note, why doesn't Ajayi get more carries? Dude looks electric whenever he touches the ball.

The same reason Miller doesn't get more carries....Lazor is an idiot? I mean seriously why aren't we a running team? The O-line grades well in run blocking and terrible in pass blocking, but we are calling 5 set drop backs from inside our own endzone when miller is averaging like 5.4 ypc....I'm so done with this offense.

Oh my god I just remembered I entered into an avatar bet with Rando for the Browns/Seahawks game in December.

OH MY GOD!

The only hope is the Browns down by at least 1 at some point with time left in the 4th quarter

At the very least Rando should keep the hair on whatever av he gives you

eznark

Banned
I'm not complaining about it or blaming it on the lass but holy shit was Lawson handsy. I haven't seen a corner get away with that much bullshit in years. Kind of baffling given the types of shit that gets called week in and week out to see an anomaly like that. (Going back and watching it again, so...random observations inbound)

The same reason Miller doesn't get more carries....Lazor is an idiot? I mean seriously why aren't we a running team? The O-line grades well in run blocking and terrible in pass blocking, but we are calling 5 set drop backs from inside our own endzone when miller is averaging like 5.4 ypc....I'm so done with this offense.
I think he feels scared to run when they are losing... which is basically always.

Dolphins defense is so bad. Sooooooooo bad.

Here's what I can't get. Brady can't throw a ball more than 15 yards unless it is to Gronk and his giant catch radius. On that last drive, after the Collins drop, I'm pretty sure McDaniels told him to never ever ever throw deep again or Jimmy would go in

But the Pats can move the ball just fine dinking and dunking all the time, but Peyton is out there throwing 40 yard ducks. Why aren't they running that Pats 5 yard pass pick game all day? They have the talent to do it. You can say teams dare them to go deep, but do they not with NE?

Are McD and BB really that much better at crafting a short passing game than anyone else?

Here's the thing, Brady can still throw a deeper pass, and Manning can not. Teams have played up on Manning all year this year, tempting them to throw deep, and Manning just can't do it anymore.

Particularly, watch this last int by manning:

https://youtu.be/Ggsqth0nw6g?t=1m50s

3rd and 11, Chiefs play the sticks on the outside (Demarius Thomas?), have 2 LBs playing under, have 2 safeties playing the sticks, which means that Cody Latimer has 1 on 1 on the outside, and Manning just throws the ball 5-10 yards too short. At any other time in his career, he'd lead Latimer and it'd either be a big gain to Latimer or harmless out of bounds/past him. He can't hit that pass now, and the defenses are playing under, letting him throw it.

Brady can still hit those intermediate to deep passes. I'm not talking 40+ yards in the air, but decent throws.

This is a similar situation for Brady last week against Redskins:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...ots-Dion-Lewis-drops-deep-pass-from-Tom-Brady

It's a 3rd and ~5 maybe, and Lewis has 1 on 1 coverage, beats him, and Brady throws a perfect pass 35 yards in the air and across the field. Lewis drops the easy touchdown because of the sun, but Brady can still hit those passes. Manning, unfortunately, cannot.

Another to Lewis:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...riots-Tom-Brady-finds-Dion-Lewis-for-40-yards

Here's a few more from this season:
http://www.patriots.com/video/2015/10/18/highlight-tom-brady-hits-keshawn-martin-deep-39-yards

Brady can still throw intermedia to deep, obviously not on the level of Rodgers or any other stud passer, but deep enough. Manning, even in earlier games this year, just can't get it there... Maybe from injury, maybe from age, or over-use, or whatever. It means teams can exclusive play short on them. On the deeper passes Manning has made this year, he's thrown his whole body into the throw, taking several steps up and hurling it. Kansas City got good pressure and prevented Manning from making those step up throws, and he short armed most of them.

squicken

That play was absolutely embarrassing.
Chip is defending him in the PC, saying those are tough plays blah blah blah

And I agree with you guys that the Phins suck! The offense is so bad. One real drive all game that resulted on a TD only after a comically tipped ball TD. I was bummed to see Tanny so clueless on those blitzes. A QB has to know when a guy may come of the corner unblocked. His clock is broken, or he just doesn't recognize that guy might blitz.

After the game Lane Johnson said that Suh loafs most of the time but for some reason decided to start trying yesterday, and sure enough, he starts dominating the interior of the line in the 2Q. He at least earned his money one week

Miami has 5 games at home, so no need to really worry about the cold.

Probably won't matter, anyway. there are like, what? 10 teams in the AFC that has a 4-5 record? I really don't care how awful we are. It'd be nice to make the playoffs.

Godslay

Banned
I guess Manning has been hiding this from the team going all the way back to July.

One has to think that it's a couple of issues:

1. Didn't want to lose job to Brock.
2. Wanted a chance at those records.
3. Didn't have the self-awareness to determine how hurt he was.

Kind of irritates me that he wasn't honest, team wouldn't have had to fight against the poor play on the O and by Manning. Feels pretty selfish, and I thought PM would be better than that considering they flat out gave him the chance to comeback and play one more year.

Also, don't fool yourself, Brady's deep ball sucks. His time is coming too.

Miami has 5 games at home, so no need to really worry about the cold.

Probably won't matter, anyway. there are like, what? 10 teams in the AFC that has a 4-5 record? I really don't care how awful we are. It'd be nice to make the playoffs.
Not gonna happen. 0-4 record in the division plus the Bills, Jets, Steelers, Chiefs, and Raiders are simply better teams. Just let it go, man.

MechDX

This news leak of O'Brien to the University of Maryland just reeks of a power play move by O'Brien.

"Remove Smith and let pick my own GM and have more control or I walk".

eznark

Banned
This news leak of O'Brien to the University of Maryland just reeks of a power play move by O'Brien.

Why wouldn't they just let him walk? Get out of his contract and hire a competent coach.

I guess Manning has been hiding this from the team going all the way back to July.

One has to think that it's a couple of issues:

1. Didn't want to lose job to Brock.
2. Wanted a chance at those records.
3. Didn't have the self-awareness to determine how hurt he was.

Kind of irritates me that he wasn't honest, team wouldn't have had to fight against the poor play on the O and by Manning. Feels pretty selfish, and I thought PM would be better than that considering they flat out gave him the chance to comeback and play one more year.

Also, don't fool yourself, Brady's deep ball sucks. His time is coming too.

It's one issue. Well two - the other being the ever present I want to win a Super Bowl.

It truly surprises me that you think O'Brien still has that kind of sway. O'Brien threatens to leave, for sure the Texans tell him to get fucked.

Top Bottom